Cheap bulk foods for Food Storage in Canada? (Lds mama's please chime in!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-31-2011, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm mostly looking at stocking up what we already eat. we're gfcf so dont use grains.

What i'm mostly looking at are canned fish, dried fruit, sorghum flour/seeds, flax, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut, canned coconut milk and sprouting seeds. we can get bulk meat orders thru farmgates.

is it more cost effective to buy cases of wild salmon from somewhere? and where would i find a good source? they average around 2$/can around here in stores.

which products are just as cheap in the grocery stores as ordering from somewhere?
any ideas of where to stock up on items at good prices? anywhere you know of in canada with free shipping? where do you buy your bulk foods?

mormon mamas~are there online places that discuss this that i could be checking out? my google skills arent giving me anything i can work with

heartbeat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-01-2011, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I find it's cheap to keep an eye out for regular grocery store sales (in flyers). I got some wild canned salmon for 99c a can recently. I also buy v large bags of beans from Food Basics. Food Basics is pretty awesome for big bags of things, especially in the international aisles.

Leila, mama to Eleanor (10/08) and Emmett (4/10)

Visit my blog! www.rookblog.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page