How do you track cc payoff for a blended rate cc? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-01-2011, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've been snowballing for a while and use what'sthecost.com, but the numbers are always a bit off. I know that when you are inputting your info there is an option for introductory interest rates that last x number of months...but I have two credit cards that have a portion of the balance at one interest rate, and portions of the balance at other interest rates.

So when I input the information, if I'm trying to be anally accurate, should I actually be creating seperate accounts (Discover #1 @19.99%, Discover #2 @16.24%, Discover #3 @ 1.99%) and then have my minimum payment go towards the lowest interest rate and then anything over that go towards the highest interest rate?

It doesn't REALLY matter, I realize, but I'm finally making headway on my cc debt and love playing with the numbers....

Or maybe there is a spreadsheet out there that tracks better and will do this for me??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-03-2011, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

good for you for paying this off! I think you are right-- just enter in the different ammounts at different interest rates as separate debts.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page