April 2011 No-Spend Challenge ~ Don't be an April Fool! Save, save, Save! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 43 Old 04-01-2011, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a support thread to help you ~not spend your money~.

Everyone is welcome to join and you can start tracking your spending at any time. It doesn't have to be February 1st. Now is a good time to start.

The plan is simple (although tough to execute):

1. Vow not to spend any money on unnecessary purchases.

2. Come on here everyday and record your spending.

We all record our spending in different ways. There are no rules. You record and update however you would like -- pick a way that will help you spend the least amount of money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please write an introductory message when you decide to join our thread. We would like to know:

a. Who you are

b. Where you are going (your financial goals) and

c. How you plan to get there

Good luck MDCers!! Keep that money in your wallet.

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 43 Old 04-01-2011, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

I'm hoping to see mostly brown this month. wink1.gif

orngbiggrin.gif = No spend day
smile.gif = Budgeted spending
greensad.gif = Unbudgeted Spending

1 - smile.gif Rent
2 - orngbiggrin.gif
3 - orngbiggrin.gif
4 - smile.gif Insurance & car payment auto-payments, $197 and $335 (ugh!); $53 to fill up the car with gas (yiiikes! Just a few weeks ago we could do it for about $35-40!)
5 - orngbiggrin.gif
6 - $40 grocery shopping, $25 birthday present for C's aunt
7 - orngbiggrin.gif
8 - orngbiggrin.gif
9 - smile.gif $45 - Went out for dinner for my birthday and C picked up a present for me smile.gif
10: orngbiggrin.gif
11: $50 - Grocery shopping... Would've been $38 but somehow "Can you ring this up separately so I can buy it with my gift certificate?" translated to "Ring this up with everything but put it into a separate bag".
12: orngbiggrin.gif
13: smile.gif $59 - Gas (AAAHHHH!!!!!!)
14 smile.gif $98 - Dentist appointment
15: orngbiggrin.gif

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#3 of 43 Old 04-01-2011, 03:29 PM

a. Dennie. Wife to K, mom to A-L, J, and L. Pg w #4! SAHM.

b. We want to catch up on our bills (almost there!), get our bankruptcy lawyer paid off, and stay on budget. If we do this, we'll be set up to be ahead on bills (as in we pay the mortgage on time rather than 3 weeks late every month) by July!!!

c. Less driving. Cook at home more. Cancel cable. No running to the gas station for snacks all the time!!!

1- Today is a fail. But I had planned on doing some spending today. I spent $21 on vitamins, $14 on lunch, $18 on maternity stuff on sale, and have $15 to go out on tonight. 

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#4 of 43 Old 04-02-2011, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

a. Who you are

Ruth, mama to 3, living in Sweden 

b. Where you are going (your financial goals)

Limping a bit right now as we adjust to life here.  The cost of living is outrageously high and we have had a couple of unexpected expenses that have eaten into our money buffer. We need to get through the next few weeks and stick to the budget.  

c. How you plan to get there

Budget, budget, budget.  We do have a few things to buy this month -- rain gear for kids (required for school), a Bday present for dd, and dh needs to travel for work.  It is all tallied and budgeted.  Need to keep the expenses low and tight.  

April 1 -- no spend

April 2 -- off to buy rain gear today

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#5 of 43 Old 04-02-2011, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I petered out in March, but am signing up for April.

a.  I'm Jenn.  Pregnant, SAHM to 4 littles under 7yo, homeschooling 2 of them, trying to keep my sanity from day to day.

b.  DH and my financial goals are to be debt free.  We were on track at the beginning of 2010 to get it done, but then we let life get in the way.  We are now committed to putting every extra penny we have towards our debt (credit card and truck payment).

c.  * STAY OUT OF STORES!!!  This is our biggest culprit in spending.  We step into a store and BAM, we've spent $100 easily.

* Cut our electric bill by hang drying as much laundry as possible. (I've successfully done this the last 3 months)

* Trim the food budget (or stay within it) by meal planning.  I have a hard time with this, and I'm not really sure why headscratch.gif  This should also keep us from eating out, the other major budget sucker.

* We have a couple planned expenses this month.  The big one is that baby #5 is due this month so we'll have the MW bill to pay (but we have the full amount in savings already).  The kids need sandals for the upcoming warm weather and we like to buy them Keens, so that's budgeted for already, too.

Key:
thumb.gif no spend/ budgeted spending
irked.gif unnecessary/ unbudgeted spending
hang.gif hung laundry to dry

April Goals:
no spend days  1/20
eating out  0/1
loads of laundry hung to dry  0/8

1.  thumb.gif

2.  thumb.gif  DH and I are headed out to get DS1's b-day present and stuff for the kids' Easter baskets.  Thank goodness I budgeted for all of this orngbiggrin.gif

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#6 of 43 Old 04-03-2011, 07:19 AM

a. Who you are-- I'm Tammy a homeschooling mom to the last kid (8th grade).  Mom to two grown daughters 23 and 21.  Nana to one sweet grandbaby.

b. Where you are going (your financial goals) -- We have been helping out our newly married daughter and son-in-law and it's been a real blessing to them, but it killed my budget.  So I'm trying now to payoff our cc's and get back to saving again.  We have a move back to the states coming in December and I would really like to have my money socked away for that. 

c. How do you plan to get there--being thrifty and saving while still helping the ones we love.  I've decided that everytime I get a case of the "I wants" I'll just go work in my flower beds.  :)

I'm back on my budget for meal planning, household expenses and the only extra expense this month will be getting our baby her shots and vet visit.

I've budgeted for flowers next week to fill 14 window boxes and then I'm done with flowers until fall. 

As far as household expenses --power...we are cutting everything off in the evenings, laundry will be air-dried on the porch, no AC here--but we will be getting 2 large loads of wood this spring to fill up what we used this winter that we will need for fall and early winter.   

Happy Saving Everyone! :)

Tammy--wife to a great military manjoy.gif
mom to three dd23, dd21 and ds13
new nana to one sweet little grand-daughter
#7 of 43 Old 04-03-2011, 09:06 PM

A.   I'm MaryElizabeth, a SAHM to DD -almost 2! and a little baby bean due in June joy.gif

B. Financial goals: to cut down on compulsive spending! Save more and finish our home remolding project on budget!

C. How we are going to get there: Stay on our budget-- $150 groceries/food --  $350 misc spending -- $100 gas. Only eat out 4 times. Keep home projects under control and simple. 

Key: thumb.gif  -- no spend day!

irked.gif -- unbudgeted spending

winky.gif -- budgeted spending

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#8 of 43 Old 04-04-2011, 12:26 AM

April 1 -- no spend

April 2 -- rain gear for kids (required by school)

April 3 -- family day at pool, groceries

April 4 -- no spend planned

April 5 -- 

April 6 -- 

April 7 -- 

April 8 -- 

April 9 -- 

April 10 -- 

Did well this weekend.  We found rain gear for all the kids and spent about what I had budgeted.  We were very good and did not stop for food along the way even though my kids were begging for ice cream.  We had a family day at the pool that we had planned and budgeted for.  It was a ton of fun and a good diversion for a rainy, wet weekend.  We also took a lovely walk ion our new rain gear and I am pleased that we all stayed dry and comfy.  

I picked up a bit of fresh fruit, milk, eggs, bread -- we should be all set for food till Friday.  Our fridge here is tiny, about the size of a dorm fridge, so I usually shop twice a week.  

This week --- I plan on going to a free exercise class Tues and Thurs.  Free, but I have to pay for parking.  And dd needs a present for a birthday party on Friday.  I don't foresee any other spending.  

#9 of 43 Old 04-04-2011, 06:43 AM

I'm gonna join again.  I've done these in the past so hopefully I'll stick with this one.

I'm Allyson, full time working mom to 2 little boys and wife to a full time student.  Dh will be in clinicals all summer so he won't be working at all and we might as well get in the no spending habit now.

1-$0

2-$6 for ds1's wrestling meet

3-$0

#10 of 43 Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm back in this month (it's been a wild 6 months). We've just moved, so there are always those things you need to make the spaces work best, but I'm going to do my best to keep them simple and planned.

Sooo....here we go!

April 1: whistling.gif DS got invited to a friend's house for dinner, so DH and I went out ($38)

April 2: smile.gif

April 3:  smile.gif  bought house plants- budgeted

April 4: whistling.gif Went out for ice cream, took from our "other" envelope, but still unnecessary ($6....we split a large one to save $$). Bought baskets and a broom within budget.

April 5: smile.gif

April 6: whistling.gifbought a teaching resource for my up-comming job ($100)

April 7: whistling.gif Went out for treats yet again, and DH bought beer ($25)

April 8:whistling.gif Got a Trail-a-Bike for DS ($240- DH is working extra this weekend and next to pay for it.)

April 9:whistling.gif Went out for fries for lunch. Packed our own chilli and took water, but still $6

April 10: smile.gif

April 11: smile.gif ($20 on rain coat and spring coat for DS- budgeted)

April 12 :smile.gif

April 13: smile.gif

April 14: whistling.gif ($30 on shelving for the closets so we can finally get things organized!)

April 15: whistling.gif ($2 on a coffee)

Total Oops factor: $447. This transitional month is DISGUSTING!!! With moving and seasonal changes and a new job, there's lots of craziness going on here.  

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#11 of 43 Old 04-04-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

A.   I'm MaryElizabeth, a SAHM to DD -almost 2! and a little baby bean due in June joy.gif

B. Financial goals: to cut down on compulsive spending! Save more and finish our home remolding project on budget!

C. How we are going to get there: Stay on our budget-- $150 groceries/food --  $350 misc spending -- $100 gas. Only eat out 4 times. Keep home projects under control and simple. 

Key: thumb.gif  -- no spend day!

04/01- winky.gif   spent $62.27 out of misc. fund for diapers-cloth!, ebay listing fees, and a printed photo

04/02- winky.gif   spent $8.00 for fabric dye --- returned clothes and home goods to stores and got +175.00 back!

04/03- thumb.gif

04/04- winky.gif  spent $38.00 on groceries... $13.00 over my budget for this week :( - spent $5.97 at P.O. mailing diapers I sold +45.00!   - Sold some books on Amazon and made $328.74!

04/05 -irked.gif spent $18.00 on a diaper for DD... winky.gifalso spent $12.97 registering a domain for the advertising of our home for sale

04/06 -irked.gif spent $120.00 on a printer and other random things at Walmart $28.00 on groceries for while my DH is home this weekend.

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#12 of 43 Old 04-04-2011, 12:38 PM

a. Hi, I'm Amber. SAHM to 4.

b. My ultimate goal is to be DEBT FREE! But, for this month I'd like to increase the buffer in my checking account.

c. This month I'm going to concentrate on not spending outside of the budget, cooking all of our meals at home, keeping the grocery budget to $500 (about $100 less than usual).

04/01: winky.gif

04/02:nono.gif  23.46 in unnecessary spending

04/03:irked.gif 96.06/500 grocery shopping, 4.50 unnecessary spending

04/04:winky.gif Budgeted Bill Paying     irked.gif Forgot about Summer Camp Registration Fees, and a membership fee : unbudgeted 128.00

04/05:nono.gif 12.08 in junky spending, $40 unbudgeted clothing purchase

04/06: winky.gif

04/07: winky.gif

04/08 :winky.gif Found a bargain on a planned purchase! DP took me out to dinner (he paid, so it's ok with me!)

04/09:nono.gif 37.62 in totally unnecessary unbudgeted spending. Damn.

04/10:winky.gif

04/11:winky.gif Spent $27 at Target, on needed personal hygiene items.  irked.gif 492.29/500.00 Groceries. DP came shopping with me, that is the only reason I can think the bill was 396.23. I've just been guessing on the food budget, but I know we won't get through the rest of the month without spending another $50-100.

04/12:irked.gif Unplanned starbucks stop

04/13:

04/15:

**ETA: Wow, this really isn't going very well so far this month!!!!

*** Unplanned/Unbudgeted Spending  208.04

shamrocksmile.gifAmber SAHM Fiber Artist Mom to:knit.gif
Maddison (9): Arwen (8): Finn (4): Aedan (2)

stork-suprise.gif Sept 2012

#13 of 43 Old 04-05-2011, 07:20 AM

Key:

April Goals:
no spend days  4/20
eating out  0/1
loads of laundry hung to dry  1/8

1.  thumb.gif

2.  thumb.gif  DH and I are headed out to get DS1's b-day present and stuff for the kids' Easter baskets.  Thank goodness I budgeted for all of this orngbiggrin.gif

3.  irked.gif  DH went to the grocery store for breakfast (ILs were in town).

4.  thumb.gif  ordered the kids sandals and our HS curriculum for next year.  Got each for less than I budgeted orngbiggrin.gif

5.  thumb.gif  hang.gif

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

#14 of 43 Old 04-05-2011, 11:37 AM

I went to my exercise class and rather than pay for parking, I walked 2 miles into town and back.  So, no spend for me today and I am really (!) tired.  Still need to get a present for dd's party on Friday.  No other spending till Friday when I go grocery shopping.  

April 1 -- no spend

April 2 -- rain gear for kids

April 4 -- no spend 

April 5 -- no spend

April 6 -- 

April 7 -- 

April 8 -- 

April 9 -- 

April 10 -- 

#15 of 43 Old 04-07-2011, 12:41 AM

Stopped to buy oranges and bread yesterday for kids' lunches.  Need to pick up small present today, aiming to keep it under $20.  I think I can squeeze another 2 days out of the fridge and then grocery shop on Saturday.  

April 1 -- no spend

April 4 -- no spend  

April 5 -- no spend  

April 6 -- groceries

April 7 -- birthday present, school supplies

April 8 -- 

April 9 -- 

April 10 -- 

Edited to add:  Transferred money into savings.  We met our first mini savings goal for 2011 and now have next year's taxes set aside.  Now we are starting our savings to have a larger emergency fund.  Should be complete sometime next December.  Oi!  I feel like I am in for the long haul.  

#16 of 43 Old 04-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Key:

April Goals:
no spend days  5/20
eating out  0/1
loads of laundry hung to dry  2/8

1.  thumb.gif

4.  thumb.gif  ordered the kids sandals and our HS curriculum for next year.  Got each for less than I budgeted orngbiggrin.gif

5.  thumb.gif  hang.gif

6.  irked.gif  DH stopped at the store on the way home $31 unbudgeted

7.  thumb.gif  hang.gif

#17 of 43 Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 PM

I'm back in. I'm Suze, SAHM living in a high COL (where it seems everyone around me has plenty of disposable income). Rather than get annoyed by this (which I sometimes do), I want to focus on my own actions and what I can do to make my family's financial picture better. I've been gone from this thread for a few months but realize I need to be back here. I feel like I spent like crazy in March (just finished registering my kids for some summer programs, boy do they add up!)  Although we have a good EF and are debt free (except for a crazy huge mortgage), I need to get back on the no-spend wagon. Our budget is tight since my DH got a 20% pay cut last year. We really need to watch what we spend. My goals are simply to be mindful of what I am spending and to stick to my grocery budget (something I rarely do). I'd also like to start a dedicated vacation/car account (we have older cars and one will need to be replaced in a few years). Oh, and no clothes buying for me, my girls (I have 2 DDs, ages 7 and almost 5) or for DH. We are set for spring and probably summer and don't need anything. 

4/1 budgeted spend - ski day

4/2 no spend

4/3 budgeted spend - birthday gifts for my dad and DD1's friend

4/4 budgeted spend - groceries, bills, summer camp fees

4/5 budgeted spend - groceries

4/6 no spend

4/7 budgeted spend - gas for car, groceries 

$140/$500 groceries

0/$50 food out

0/$500 vacation/car savings

7/30 no frivolous spending days

#18 of 43 Old 04-08-2011, 07:18 AM

1-$0

2-$6 for ds1's wrestling meet

3-$0

4-$0

5-$0

6-$0

7-$3 dh bought me a beer after work

8-$0

#19 of 43 Old 04-08-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

B. Financial goals: to cut down on compulsive spending! Save more and finish our home remolding project on budget!

C. How we are going to get there: Stay on our budget-- $150 groceries/food --  $350 misc spending -- $100 gas. Only eat out 4 times. Keep home projects under control and simple. 

Key: thumb.gif  -- no spend day!

04/01- winky.gif   spent $62.27 out of misc. fund for diapers-cloth!, ebay listing fees, and a printed photo

04/02- winky.gif   spent $8.00 for fabric dye --- returned clothes and home goods to stores and got +175.00 back!

04/03- thumb.gif

04/04- winky.gif  spent $38.00 on groceries... $13.00 over my budget for this week :( - spent$5.97 at P.O. mailing diapers I sold +45.00!   - Sold some books on Amazon and made $328.74!

04/05 -irked.gif spent $18.00 on a diaper for DD... winky.gifalso spent $12.97 registering a domain for the advertising of our home for sale

04/06 -irked.gif spent $120.00 on a printer and other random things at Walmart $28.00 on groceries for while my DH is home this weekend.

04/07- winky.gif spent $13.00 at Home Depot -- returned some things from a project got a $97 credit for our new project!

04/08- winky.gif spent $57.00 on landscaping supplies irked.gif spent $104.00 on diapers - DD needed new --the ones I bought her previously gave her a rash! $13.00-chickfila lunch

orngtongue.gif sold a tub of dvds! $25.00

** listed diapers, diaper bag, longies, baby legs, and printer for sale--- let's hope I get a sale! praying.gif

04/09- winky.gif spent $30.00 at the grocery, $10.00 on diaper cover, $34.00 blanket for the new bean --- +$300 from family for bday :)

04/10- thumb.gif -- yes!!!

#20 of 43 Old 04-09-2011, 12:09 AM

April 1 -- no spend

April 4 -- no spend  

April 5 -- no spend  

April 6 -- groceries

April 8 -- snacks for kids, water supplies

April 9 -- groceries

April 10 -- 

Tough day yesterday.  The battery on the truck was dead, we waited 2 hours to get a jump and I bought snacks for my kids who were starving.  I also bought bottled water and several large water jugs.  We are having trouble with our well and the Spring thaw.  Lots of tannins are leaching into the water table and our water is very brown and foul tasting.  It happens every year, but this is year is particularly bad with the heavy snowfall.  

Off to buy groceries today.  We have eaten nearly every crumb in the house.  

#21 of 43 Old 04-09-2011, 08:12 AM

Key:

April Goals:
no spend days  6/20
eating out  1/1
loads of laundry hung to dry  2/8

1.  thumb.gif

5.  thumb.gif  hang.gif

7.  thumb.gif  hang.gif

8.  thumb.gif  $$ spent on budgeted pizza take out.

#22 of 43 Old 04-09-2011, 02:24 PM

4/2 no spend

4/6 no spend

4/8 no spend

4/9 no spend -  trying for a no-spend weekend.

4/10

4/11

$140/$500 groceries

0/$50 food out

9/30 no frivolous spending days

#23 of 43 Old 04-10-2011, 02:34 AM

April 1 -- no spend

April 4 -- no spend  

April 5 -- no spend  

April 6 -- groceries

April 9 -- groceries, gas

April 10 -- no spend 

April 11 -- 

April 12 -- 

April 13 -- 

April 14 -- 

Bought gas and groceries yesterday.  Today must be a no spend day!

#24 of 43 Old 04-10-2011, 11:04 AM

Key:

April Goals:
no spend days  7/20
eating out  1/1
loads of laundry hung to dry  3/8

1.  thumb.gif

5.  thumb.gif  hang.gif

7.  thumb.gif  hang.gif

8.  thumb.gif  $$ spent on budgeted pizza take out.

9.  thumb.gif  hang.gif

10.  irked.gif  Went to WM to pick up 1 thing, spent $60 on a bunch of stuff.  We did get some free pallets though to turn into some much needed small shelving in a couple of rooms, so that makes me orngbiggrin.gif

#25 of 43 Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 AM

Took kids to school party -- few bucks to get in and buy hot dogs and snacks.  I also paid to park at the gym.  

Today, I am going to pick up a few groceries, no other spending. 

April 1 -- no spend

April 4 -- no spend  

April 5 -- no spend  

April 6 -- groceries

April 10 -- no spend 

April 11 -- no spend

April 12 -- party at kids' school -- entrance fee, snacks, parking

April 13 -- groceries

April 14 -- 

April 15 - 

April 16 -- 

April 17 -- 

April 18 -- 

#26 of 43 Old 04-13-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

B. Financial goals: to cut down on compulsive spending! Save more and finish our home remolding project on budget!

C. How we are going to get there: Stay on our budget-- $150 groceries/food --  $350 misc spending -- $100 gas. Only eat out 4 times. Keep home projects under control and simple. 

Key: thumb.gif  -- no spend day!

04/01- winky.gif   spent $62.27 out of misc. fund for diapers-cloth!, ebay listing fees, and a printed photo

04/02- winky.gif   spent $8.00 for fabric dye --- returned clothes and home goods to stores and got +175.00 back!

04/03- thumb.gif

04/04- winky.gif  spent $38.00 on groceries... $13.00 over my budget for this week :( - spent$5.97 at P.O. mailing diapers I sold +45.00!   - Sold some books on Amazon and made $328.74!

04/05 -irked.gif spent $18.00 on a diaper for DD... winky.gifalso spent $12.97 registering a domain for the advertising of our home for sale

04/06 -irked.gif spent $120.00 on a printer and other random things at Walmart $28.00 on groceries for while my DH is home this weekend.

04/07- winky.gif spent $13.00 at Home Depot -- returned some things from a project got a $97 credit for our new project!

04/08- winky.gif spent $57.00 on landscaping supplies irked.gif spent $104.00 on diapers - DD needed new --the ones I bought her previously gave her a rash! $13.00-chickfila lunch

orngtongue.gif sold a tub of dvds! $25.00

** listed diapers, diaper bag, longies, baby legs, and printer for sale--- let's hope I get a sale! praying.gif

04/09- winky.gif spent $30.00 at the grocery, $10.00 on diaper cover, $34.00 blanket for the new bean --- +$300 from family for bday :)

04/10- thumb.gif -- yes!!!

04/11- thumb.gif - Sold extra swaddlers +$20.00! irked.gif DH spent $40.00 at the grocery on snacks for himself 

04/12- irked.gif  spent $11.25 on diaper covers - I realize I have an addiction. NO MORE! -- Sold diaper bag +$25.00!

04/13- irked.gif  going to grocery $120.00 ugh and nutrition store $47.00 eek!-- have to pick up things to boost iron. Gas- $60.00 holy cow! --Returning way too expensive glasses and getting +$225.00 back! (spent $75 on new pair already) - Sold diapers +$40.00!

*** it really it scary to realize that I spend money almost every single day. This internet shopping is killing me!

04/14- winky.gif spent $7.00 mailing diapers---- anyone else notice shipping prices? Holy cow!

#27 of 43 Old 04-13-2011, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm just updating my original post as the month goes on, but this thread is often 37 pages by now!! Where is everyone?

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#28 of 43 Old 04-13-2011, 11:05 AM

4/2 no spend

4/6 no spend

4/8 no spend

4/9 no spend -  trying for a no-spend weekend (ETA didn't make it!)

4/10 Target - mostly budgeted household supplies, but some frivolous, too (less than $20 worth), gas for DH's car

4/11 budgeted - coffee card, sold a big item on Craigslist

4/12 budgeted -  groceries, bills

4/13

4/14

4/15

$295/$500 groceries

25/$50 food out

1/0 frivolous spending days

#29 of 43 Old 04-14-2011, 12:15 AM

Working for a no-spend day here.  There is a free exercise class I like, I just have to leave early and park a mile away to avoid paying for parking.  Packing snacks to keep my 3 year old fed and happy.  No spending today and tomorrow. 

April 1 -- no spend

April 4 -- no spend  

April 5 -- no spend  

April 6 -- groceries

April 10 -- no spend 

April 11 -- no spend

April 12 -- party at kids' school -- entrance fee, snacks, parking

April 13 -- groceries

April 14 -- 

April 15 - 

April 16 -- 

April 17 -- 

April 18 --

#30 of 43 Old 04-14-2011, 03:24 PM

Hello all you frugal ladies! Have been meaning to join but wanted to see if I could keep track for a few days on my own first.

A. Maia, no kidlets of my own yet but love being a nanny!

B. I'm a pretty thrifty person but have a weakness for "treats" when I'm out and about. Any little savings I can scrounge up will be a big help paying off my student loans.

C. This is my first month keeping track so I'm just going to see how it goes and hopefully cut back in May.

April 1 - no spend
April 2 - shake.gif $15 pizza and lemonade
April 3 - shake.gif $12 frittata and salad, $5 quiche
April 4 - no spend
April 5 - no spend
April 6 - shake.gif $10 sandwich, $6 ice cream
April 7 - shake.gif $3 bagel and cream cheese
April 8 - no spend
April 9 - no spend
April 10 - no spend
April 11 - no spend
April 12 - no spend