Spring low income support thread (April/May) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 95 Old 05-08-2011, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Still moving.... lost in a maze of boxes.... hopefully it will be over soon

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!flowersforyou.gif

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#62 of 95 Old 05-09-2011, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, this month went from tight to awful! DH has had 2 ER visits and a 2 day hospitalization, all thanks to super high BP and a severe reaction to his meds that was making him pass out and completely forget entire chunks of time, etc. He's fine now, they changed his dosage and treated a resulting head injury. But still, that completely threw us for a loop, and now we'll have bills and lost income.

And I think DHS denied our FS and medicaid applications because I didn't get my paperwork in right away...even though I got it in before they said it would be denied. Which means I need DH to get new paystubs and I get to go down there tomorrow with 3 kids to try and re-apply while keeping the kids happy and orderly. I need the medicaid; I'm almost out of meds for my hyperemesis and I cannot afford them out of pocket. Without them I wind up getting so sick I dehydrate. :(

We still owe both April and May's mortgage, and MIL $1200 by the end of this month. And there's no way we can do that. Next month, we'll begin painting and doing other cheap repairs to try and get our house on the market. If MIL's name wasn't on the loan, we'd just give the keys to the bank. I feel like we're drowning.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#63 of 95 Old 05-09-2011, 10:54 AM

How would you guys feel if I joined here? I feel awkward because I'm not sure we're low income. Yet we're struggling and do without quite a bit. I used to post to the get out of debt thread, but my posts are constantly downers and I don't bother anymore - but it would be nice to vent some things and get support on financial problems.

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

#64 of 95 Old 05-09-2011, 02:30 PM

Sorry, Justamama, that sounds like quite the stressful situation!  Health concerns in the mix of a financial struggle is the worst because you can't just not do anything about it!  ((huggs)) mamma.

laohaire: I'm kind of a newbie around here as well, but I don't mind hearing your vents!

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#65 of 95 Old 05-10-2011, 08:32 PM

DH's job interview went 'well' and he should hear back from them in the next 2 weeks. Foodstamps finally came through today after a ten day delay due to department of human services losing our paperwork...gggrrr.   Not sure what we are going to do about rent this month. It was due on the 5th greensad.gif. Still waiting to hear if DH was approved for unemployment benefits. 

slingtwin.gif Mummy to DS1, 3, hola.gif twins DD and DS2, and wife to DH asl.gif

#66 of 95 Old 05-10-2011, 08:53 PM

Hi ladies.  Ds and I are moved into the new place. Let me just say the stress level has gone down 10 billion percent!  I do need to go back to the old place, not everything made it over here and there will be a few misc. trips but just having our own space makes such a difference.  I am amazed that DS and I lived with a roomie for 16 months....  

I know need serious good ' finding job vibes'.

Welcome loahaire

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#67 of 95 Old 05-11-2011, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Hi everyone, so here we are. We are a single income family of 4. Hubby is in the Army. We live in a high cost of living area (baltimore/dc area). DS1 has autism and has lots of therapy. We go to ABA therapy 4 days a week, OT once a week and speech once a week. He's supposed to get OT and speech 3 times a week each but we can't afford the gas. His ABA is 30-40 minutes away and his speech and OT is 20-30 minutes away. Our gas bill is ridiculous. We are spending about $600 a month on gas because of all this therapy.

We're also moving soon. In about 5 weeks in fact. We're moving to a lower cost of living area (ft hood texas) and will be looking for a place within walking distance to his school.

This past paycheck we had to ask my parents for help just to make it. I feel so defeated when that happens.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#68 of 95 Old 05-11-2011, 06:48 AM

ugh!  Well I just finished college, graduating with my ASN-so now I am a registered nurse.  The whole time I was in school I thought this moment was going to bring so much more opportunity to myself and my family, except...I do not have a job.  The area itself has plenty of listings but so many people decided to go into nursing when the economy turned south that the market is flooded.  I did everything I needed to, maintained a great GPA, have awesome clinical references, and...no luck as of yet.  I have applied for a job that needs no license at the hospital I really want to work at hoping to get my foot in the door.  I am so tired of the hustle of poverty.  My kids have suffered.   Today my daughter asked when we were going to have more food choices.  My heart breaks.  I find myself letting everything go, hope, my house, my desire to get off the couch and go out side.  Poverty is like a weight I wake up with on my chest everyday and I have to fight to just take a breath...

Nursing student, (LAST SEMESTER!!!)Cloth diapering, cosleeping, breastfeeding mama to 4!!!
#69 of 95 Old 05-11-2011, 11:03 AM

I just wanted to give you a virtual hug.

I graduated in December (also ASN), passed the NCLEX-RN in Feb.  Most of the new grad residency programs are *flooded* right now..  one told me that they had over 600 applications for 20 spots. That's crazy...  and what's even more annoying is having to hear all of the people say "wow-- with the nursing shortage, you should have no trouble at all finding a job!" grrr..

They should take a spin over at AllNurses.com and see all the posts from RNs who have been looking for a job for well over a year now.

So-- I hear you.

I know it's frustrating.. and to think of all the hard work and sacrifice that we went through to become RNs in the first place.. but you should be so proud of what you have accomplished & the great example you've set for your kids about the value of hard work and education :)  When you look at all of it at once, it's really overwhelming. Could you set specific goals like maybe one new application and then one follow-up phone call or e-mail per day? Keep checking indeed.com for job listings in your area-- they compile listings from all over the place & it saves a lot of time.

Also- have you thought about starting your RN-BSN? Maybe online? If you can get financial aid, I'd say go for it.. (putting "currently enrolled in a RN-BSN program" would look great on your resume-- you know, the whole nurses are life-long learners thing ;) And it seems more and more hospitals are going for magnet status, or are planning to at some point, so the BSN is enticing to them).

Hugs to you.. I know it's hard.. and sometimes feels impossible, but you are nearing the end of this & things will be looking up for you very soon :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by frolick16 View Post

ugh!  Well I just finished college, graduating with my ASN-so now I am a registered nurse.  The whole time I was in school I thought this moment was going to bring so much more opportunity to myself and my family, except...I do not have a job.  The area itself has plenty of listings but so many people decided to go into nursing when the economy turned south that the market is flooded.  I did everything I needed to, maintained a great GPA, have awesome clinical references, and...no luck as of yet.  I have applied for a job that needs no license at the hospital I really want to work at hoping to get my foot in the door.  I am so tired of the hustle of poverty.  My kids have suffered.   Today my daughter asked when we were going to have more food choices.  My heart breaks.  I find myself letting everything go, hope, my house, my desire to get off the couch and go out side.  Poverty is like a weight I wake up with on my chest everyday and I have to fight to just take a breath...

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#70 of 95 Old 05-11-2011, 09:50 PM

-waves-

I guess I can join here. 

My SO unexpectedly decided he no longer wanted to be with me back in January, so I'm on a sort of quest to self-sufficiency this year.  The first couple of months after he left were kind of a blur, but I wound up packing up and moving out of state to live with my sister for a while.  Her DH is deployed so a friend of hers (plus the friend's DH), our other sister, myself, and the four kids we have between us are living here for the year (its a 4 bedroom, so luckily space isn't an issue).  I didn't want to move here at first because I was in such a fog and it felt like it would hurt even more to leave the home I'd had for the past 7 years (even though I HATED my house).  Eventually I realized I had to do SOMETHING and started looking into EMT school.  Turns out, its way, WAY cheaper here so I sucked it up and moved.  Probably the hardest thing I've ever done.  My ex knows its for the best and is actually really proud of me for taking control and doing what I needed to do, but I still feel badly that he's so far from DS right now.  On the other hand, he chose not to be a family anymore, so he has no one to blame but himself (which I'm pretty sure he realizes).

Anyway, I was doing okay between DS's SSI (thank God we have that) and the little bit my ex is able to give me.  But then DS's payment got delayed for May.  When we first moved here mid-March, I didn't have everything I needed to make myself DS's payee (ex was the payee when we lived together) so I let the April check get sent to ex and he put it in our joint account for me to transfer to my personal checking.  So then in April (when I had all my paper work and a new SS card for DS), I spoke to our case worker and made an appointment with the SS office here.  Well, since they knew we had moved, they (understandably) temporarily suspended the payment.  THEN (not so understandably), the dunder head I spoke to after the payee account was set up, didn't unsuspend the payment like he was supposed to.  So long story short, his payment isn't going to go through until the 18th.  Also, the banker that set up the payee account didn't mention there would be a $24 coming out of my account for checks, so now DS's account is negative $8.97.  I borrowed $20 to pay my CC minimum so I wouldn't get hit with a $30 fee but my cell is cut off and my car insurance is going to lapse very soon.  Luckily, I don't have to worry TOO much since I rent a room from my sister and (if the SSI goes through) I will only be 3 days late paying her, but I still feel bad about it.  I think I will actually go apply for foodstamps tomorrow.  We actually aren't doing too bad on food (mostly because I know how to coupon) but the FSs would still help.  I'm sure my ex would help, but his phone is cut off too (though his money troubles stem from his lack of budgeting skills rather than no money to begin with) so the only way to speak to him is to call him when he's at work from one of my sister's phones.  And he didn't work today.  Maybe he'll be there tomorrow though...

Yikes, that was way longer than I intended.  Guess I needed to vent too. LOL  I cannot WAIT for July.  That's when I graduate and hopefully I will get offered a job right away. -fingers crossed-

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

#71 of 95 Old 05-11-2011, 11:27 PM

I just want to vent.  DS and I moved into our new place but restocking the pantry really blows.  I know how to coupon, but when we left the old place with the roommate I didnt take any food items (bug issues) so Im starting from scratch and $170/mo in foodstamps.  All I can say is there better be some smoking deals and awesome coupons cuz we need to eat.

I also hate that DES cut my foodstamps in half this time. No idea why.  But at least DS and I are out of the roommate situation.

#72 of 95 Old 05-12-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post

I just want to vent.  DS and I moved into our new place but restocking the pantry really blows.  I know how to coupon, but when we left the old place with the roommate I didnt take any food items (bug issues) so Im starting from scratch and $170/mo in foodstamps.  All I can say is there better be some smoking deals and awesome coupons cuz we need to eat.

I also hate that DES cut my foodstamps in half this time. No idea why.  But at least DS and I are out of the roommate situation.

Do you have a Kroger?  They have some pretty good deals this week. 

I know what you mean though.  When we moved in March, we didn't bring much food since I could only bring what would fit in my van.

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

#73 of 95 Old 05-13-2011, 09:03 AM

Hey welcome to Urchin_grey and Frolick! 

Frolick:  I hope you find a job soon!  Did you just graduate this May/April?  I'm in a BSN program now, and I am definitely hoping things turn around next year when I graduate.  My instructors said last year all of the new grads did eventually get jobs, but it took up to 6 mo for some of them...so just keep trying and I'm sure you'll land something eventually!  I am definitely interested to know how our new class does this year though! 

I was wondering if those of you who are expert couponer's could give me some tips?  I do watch for coupons every week, however I find that most of the coupons I see are junk food that I don't want to eat anyway.  I also find sometimes that when I get a coupon for something I want, when I get to the store, the generic brand of the same thing is usually a lot cheaper.  I'm on our local grocer's website for coupons as well, which is Smith's.  The one thing I do like about this store is that they accumulate points and they seem to send out coupons once a month or so in coupons of stuff I have actually purchased in the past.  The points also add up and allow me to get discounts on their gas..and that one goes a long way!  Sometimes I can get .15-.30 off a gallon which really makes a difference in the cost.  It would be nice if I could make the coupons work better for me though as I feel like I am always running out of the stuff I really need and spending the last one to two weeks of the month scraping out whats left in the pantry and freezer.  last month we ran so dry that by the time I got my FS again, I had to spend about $100 just to re-stock the essentials!

#74 of 95 Old 05-13-2011, 03:45 PM

gator-mom- check out  www.afullcup.com  its a coupon website and they have individual store chats, newbie help, etc.... i LOVE it over there!

#75 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post

gator-mom- check out  www.afullcup.com  its a coupon website and they have individual store chats, newbie help, etc.... i LOVE it over there!

Ok, thanks.  I will!  I'm sure there is are tricks I don't know about....because I do not really save much with coupons as it stands.

#76 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 02:15 PM

Today I saved more than I spent LOL... Spent $ 68 and saved $78  Savings of 53%

I went to a kroger store (Frys) and did the buy 10 save $5- did it for 30 items.   Lots of waters, propel, juice pouches, waffles, salad, things like that.  I also had coupons for kellogs cereals that were on sale, salad dressing, cheese was on sale, produce was marked to clearance,   While it was not my best trip by any means I was able to stockpile some things we need.  Remember I am starting over with NO pantry or stockpile.  Hoping for good coupons in tomorrows paper that match up with the sales!

I still dont have anything to make a proper meal but I'm getting closer  LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator-mom View Post

Ok, thanks.  I will!  I'm sure there is are tricks I don't know about....because I do not really save much with coupons as it stands.

#77 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 02:52 PM

That is pretty awesome Zebra! Our Smith's dose that sale as well..by 10 and get major discounts.  They sell Kroger products so it must be a related grocer. 

I am beginning to understand that part of my issue is that we are vegetarians who don't do dairy or soy.  Even though I stick to really simple foods, it seems like I still spend a lot on just regular stuff..butter, eggs, almond milk, fruits and veggies.  I don't know how it adds up so fast!!  I have even started to cook my own beans instead of buying canned and have ventured into making my own occasional loaf of bread...but that of course, only lasts a couple of days!

#78 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 12:52 AM

Gator- I stalk the produce section of the Frys (yes its a Kroger brand store).  My store tends of overstock produce and things are marked down, wayyyyyyyyyyy down.  Like those veggie platters that someone things are worth 9.99-15.99 I can get for $3.99.  The bagged lettuce is routinely 49c....  I only do the prepackaged stuff when its on markdown.  This week pineapples are 99c so I will get 2-3 more of those. roma tomatoes are 99c, great for the salad or salsa.

Butter freezes well so I only buy it during major sale time.

I dont eat alot of meat, I refuse to eat red meat so I usually only buy chicken and pork, DS occassionally likes red meat and again I watch the clearance and just freeze it.

I dont do much dairy, DS and I will do yogart and some milk (cereal) but thats about it.  Is cheese diary?  We do cheese....

Groceries are a killer to my budget but I've come a long way over the years.

Go talk to the gals on 'afullcup'  they can help ya.

#79 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 04:54 AM

HI....shy.gif

I used to be in this thread several years ago, but somehow forgot about it... Can I join again? innocent.gif

I`m Tamara. Norwegian, 38 YO, living alone with my soon-to-be 10 YO son. His father lives next door, so even though I`m single, we do this parenting-gig together for the most part. 

Financially I struggle big time. Living in Norway means there are safety-nets around to ensure that I don`t end up homeless etc, but reality is that being low income in Norway is pretty hard. 

I`m on diability, so my income is not very high. I live in the third largest city in Norway, and rent is killing me. We rent a tiiiiny 1 bedroom apartment (350 sq. feet total) and rent is $1300 a month. 

Not to mention everything is so, sooo expencive here it`s ridiculous. (For instance, gas is over $10 a gallon. Luckily not a problem for me, since I have no car.) 

My sons father is as poor as I am, if not poorer. So even though he tries to help, there isn`t much he can do. 

I hope it`s ok that I join you. 

*Single, attached Norwegian mama to my LoveBug, 2001*

#80 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LoveBugMama* View Post

HI....shy.gif

I used to be in this thread several years ago, but somehow forgot about it... Can I join again? innocent.gif

I`m Tamara. Norwegian, 38 YO, living alone with my soon-to-be 10 YO son. His father lives next door, so even though I`m single, we do this parenting-gig together for the most part. 

Financially I struggle big time. Living in Norway means there are safety-nets around to ensure that I don`t end up homeless etc, but reality is that being low income in Norway is pretty hard. 

I`m on diability, so my income is not very high. I live in the third largest city in Norway, and rent is killing me. We rent a tiiiiny 1 bedroom apartment (350 sq. feet total) and rent is $1300 a month. 

Not to mention everything is so, sooo expencive here it`s ridiculous. (For instance, gas is over $10 a gallon. Luckily not a problem for me, since I have no car.) 

My sons father is as poor as I am, if not poorer. So even though he tries to help, there isn`t much he can do. 

I hope it`s ok that I join you. 

Woah!  Your rent and gas just boggles my mind!  I will think twice before I complain about MY gas prices again!  I hope being on this thread will give you SOME solace :)

#81 of 95 Old 05-22-2011, 08:46 PM

DH got the job he interviewed for a while back. It is only part time and seasonal (dorm cleaning at UofO) but it's something for now. He starts on June. 7th. I've made $150 in the past 2 weeks babysitting and helping with yard and housework for neighbors.  That is covering DS's diapers and one of my meds for the month. We still owe $950 (eep!) in back rent.....hoping the landlord won't evict us. He sent an eviction notice a few days ago, but has not called or stopped by............

slingtwin.gif Mummy to DS1, 3, hola.gif twins DD and DS2, and wife to DH asl.gif

#82 of 95 Old 05-25-2011, 08:28 AM

I don't know where everyone lives, but i have to suggest Aldi as a place to get awesome deals on groceries. The products are mostly their brand but it is pretty easy to figure out what manufacturer they get their products from. For example the oreo cookies.  I am fortunate to not be struggling, but I like the suggestions on how to save money anyway.

#83 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 11:18 AM

Thank you for the encouraging words.  I am in the accelerated BSN program and start in August.  I know that employers are using BSN as one more way to chose one nurse versus another, despite there being no pay grade advantages in this area.  I would tell anyone going into nursing now if it is mainly a job security choice, chose differently.  I have heard many December graduates had to wait months for jobs and in this field you are aged out as a grad and not hired without experience and cannot get experience without a job.  So yes, more education for me and hopefully some kind of job somewhere.  I will also work to keep myself relevant.  Meanwhile, two broken down cars, no savings and another long summer stretching before me with limited to no funds.  Thank goodness for FS, MA and WIC...hopefully this poverty breaks soon!

Nursing student, (LAST SEMESTER!!!)Cloth diapering, cosleeping, breastfeeding mama to 4!!!
#84 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 11:31 AM

I've a question for you guys. How do you deal with people who expect you to spend money? I don't even mean anything extravagant, but lately we've had a lot of invitations to do stuff that costs money: go bowling, or meet at a museum event (that wasn't covered by the free library pass), even just lunch together.

Do you actually state that your budget is too tight, or do you just suggest something else and hope they eventually get the hint?

We like doing free things fine - meeting at the park works grand for us, but as we have acquired more friends (for DD mostly) we see that most people seem to expect to do things that involve money, and I'm starting to get tired of having to figure out a response or plan for it.

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

#85 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohaire View Post

I've a question for you guys. How do you deal with people who expect you to spend money? I don't even mean anything extravagant, but lately we've had a lot of invitations to do stuff that costs money: go bowling, or meet at a museum event (that wasn't covered by the free library pass), even just lunch together.

Do you actually state that your budget is too tight, or do you just suggest something else and hope they eventually get the hint?

We like doing free things fine - meeting at the park works grand for us, but as we have acquired more friends (for DD mostly) we see that most people seem to expect to do things that involve money, and I'm starting to get tired of having to figure out a response or plan for it.

I just tell people things are tight right now. Maybe suggest an alternative such as meeting at a park.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#86 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 03:07 PM

I tell people we don't have the money. We always manage to spend $100/yr on our zoo pass (it was $90 this year because we renewed early) and this year it includes free admission to IMAX movies. They show two different nature films and change films every couple months and usually once a year have a special showing of a major film (usually a previously released one, but we don't care!). It makes meeting friends easy, because our zoo is one of the largest in the country so most families have a pass; it's a great playdate and homeschool activity!

We also do a lot of dinners at home with friends. Most of my friends are just as tight in the budget as we are, and those that aren't are understanding.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#87 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 03:14 PM

DH was going to go to school this summer and get extra out in Pell and Student loans to catch us up on everything. He isn't going to be able to get into summer classes now. :(

BUT, I redid our budget and if we stick to it (no grocery budget at all in June but we have stocked kitchen and are applying for FS Tuesday) by the end of August, we'll have made 5 mortgage payments (getting us 100% caught up), paid a small personal loan back to MIL, got bills all or mostly caught up (depending on if we can get utility assistance for June...otherwise we can't pay the utilities and will play catch up through September)! This is going to be HARD. But then DH will be going to school in Sept, get his semi-annual bonus, etc. And we can use it to catch up on my student loans, pay some debt, and prepare for this baby's birth. There is a light at the end of this tunnel! DH and I are both impulse shoppers, which makes not running through drive-thru or grabbing something fun at the store a challenge. But so worth it.

#88 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohaire View Post

I usually just tell my friends we have no money.  DH and I have been in school forever, so most people already know that.  Occasionally our friends will ask us to go out to eat with them and we'll have to tell them we can't.  I usually offer to cook at my house instead.  We also have a zoo pass, which is my dad's bday present to DH every year.  I tend to ask for passes for activities instead of "stuff" for presents as they last all year instead of 5 min until he gets bored!  That is another way we can do play dates that most everyone is happy with.  We'll do that or suggest park and picnic play dates.

#89 of 95 Old 05-28-2011, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hello everyone. I am a low income mama. I haven't had an income since the beginning of April. Luckily (or stupidly) I took out a student loan and it paid for more than my needed rent so instead of having spending money I paid my rent until the end of the lease in August. When I got my child tax I called the utilities and paid up front for as much as I could since I wasn't sure if I would have an income for a while. But I am out of school until next September  when I will go to school to become an RN finally.  Then I will be getting a scholarship, grant, work study and if need be another loan (but we should be able to get by without one).

I have been looking for a job as a CNA but have had no luck. The only people I know who have found jobs have either relatives or friends that know them working in local facilities. Home health agencies have openings but I don't have a running registered car or drivers license. I am applying to a few other jobs, I used to be a bartender and before that a waitress but haven't worked for four years so that hasn't been working either

We get foodstamps and WIC which covers all of our food needs. Right now I know I owe comcast money and the water company will be due in one month. Other than that I think I'll be good until August. But that means I have no money for anything, like going to the laundromat anymore, or taking the bus ($5bothways) or even buying dog food when my dogs run out of the two bags I have left (I stocked up when I found it on sale). I also need to come up with money to fix and register my van which will be around $500. And money to move to where I go to school next fall since financial aid in't issued until the first week of school.

Yay, I love this thread. I have been wanting to vent about this for ages but don't have anyone in real life who will listen.

thanks mamas

be good family...

#90 of 95 Old 05-28-2011, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I was here before but kinda just got lost and been so busy haven't been online in awhile. I still work at the Hispanic grocery store but work 7 days a week and lots of hours is killing me. We just found out our daughter is more than likely has Autism. We are always at therapy appts,dr appts etc so I actually might need to quit work soon as she has violent outburst and has been refusing to go to the sitter and my work is getting really tired of me missing time.

For once money wise we are doing really well but now bills are piling up on us with me missing work,taxes, blah blah so we are struggling a bit. Me and dh both failed miserably out school this semester so we lost funding and will need to pay out of pocket until we pull our GPA up. I don't plan to return until stress levels go down but he does plan to return soon. I hope everyone has a happy month as it is almost June.

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page