Switching to cloth napkins - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I actually carry cloth napkins in my etsy shop, Miss Mermaid. I currently have two different prints in stock and have a pink songbird cotton flannel I've been meaning to sew into napkins as well. I love doing custom orders so send me a pm and we can find the right thing for your family!

<3 Helen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 AM

I have six napkins of real linen, they are so lovely! I just put one in the middle of the table for anyone who needs to use one hehe (if we had guests each would get their own obviously!) Huge spills will get wiped with a dish cloth or a rag.

#33 of 34 Old 04-20-2011, 12:54 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We use a small delicates bag, the kind with holes, for our wet rags and washclothes. This way we don't get mold. We only wash them once a week. Seems to work better than our wet bag (look at cloth diaper sites).

#34 of 34 Old 04-22-2011, 04:04 PM

I just grab cloth napkins whenever I see them them really cheap, thirft stores, on clearance, etc.  I have never paid more than $5 for a set of them. ever. even new.  they go in the washing machine when they are dirty.  same for kitchen towels.  then when I need to do laundry I run that load first.  I've never had the need for a wetbag or special basket or anything just drop them in the washer.  But i can imagine if your washer is in the basement or something that won't work.  You could just put a basket on the floor in the kitchen and drop them when they are dirty then dump in the washer at the end of the day.  Sometimes they sit in the washer (with the lid open ) for a couple of days before I wash them and they have never turned mildewy, and i live in the deep south.  I just sprinkle some baking soda in there and it takes care of any smell that might be there 

Living Simply and Enjoying Life

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page