Do you use swagbucks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 04-26-2011, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Why or why not?  I'm a newbie, and was wondering if this type of thing is even worth it.  If so - what's your hot tip? 

Thanks wise mamas!

#2 of 61 Old 04-26-2011, 08:37 AM

I do!!!

I dig it.  I've won $20 in Amazon gift cards since I signed up about 9 mos ago.  There are some extreme swagbuckers out there.   If you are "friends" with swagbucks on FB they put out codes that you enter into the SB toolbar and it gives you SB's.   There are probably forums out there that have super tips.  and posts on what "topic" gave them how many SB's.  It's hit or miss.   If xxx gave them 10 SB's it may not get you any.

I am not an extreme SBer.   I have the toolbar and I use that for my searches instead of google.   I also use it instead of my bookmarks.   So if I want to go to FB...I just type it instead of going to my bookmark.   

I think it's a pretty good deal.    Getting cash for using the internet basically.   I trade them in for amazon.com cards and then it's free money IMO!!  

Mommy to 3 gifts from God! 
Nate dog 5/15/04
Lil' G 11/8/07
My Shamrock 3/17/10
ribbonpink.gif
#3 of 61 Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 AM

I do, on average a $5 Amazon gift card every 20 days or so.

i use the toolbar, search from there, occasionally will get a code too, and I do the daily poll as well.

I've purchased groupons thru their links as well, that nets a 150 Swagbucks or so, but don't do much else.

referrals can help a LOT, as the referring person gets matched up to a 1000 swagbucks, but I've only had one in the past, so most of my swagbucks are just thru searching.

it's worth it too me, I've been a swagger for almost 1.5 years and have got over $200 in AGC thus far, worth it mini effort I put into it

#4 of 61 Old 04-26-2011, 09:07 AM

I do and use them to buy Amazon gift cards. I think it's a great way to get free stuff.

joy.giflurk.gif

#5 of 61 Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 PM

I do and it's how I paid for Christmas and my Dh's birthday last year. I'm not an extreme Sber, but it helped that I signed up for Direct TV through them and got like13k of Swagbucks!  Other than that, I use the search engine, the toolbar and do the daily polls and NOSO. I'd like to get more but with two small ones running around, I just don't have the time for surveys and the other stuff. It's great for the little time I put into it...

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#6 of 61 Old 04-27-2011, 04:21 PM

Every day! I earned almost twenty Amazon cards. I also use Points2Shop which takes a bit more effort but is worth it (all points = $ to shop with on Amazon). These are my favorite GPT sites because you can buy anything on Amazon, plus I have the free year of Prime for students.

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#7 of 61 Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 PM

I am new to SG (thanks to this thread!!) where are some good blogs about SB? Thanks!

Proud Mama to Abigail Noelle and Brady Phoenix (August 29, 2009) and Claire Zoe (October 26, 2010)  love.gif
#8 of 61 Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 AM

I do. I have gotten quite a few amazon gift cards. There is a thread on slickdeals just for posting codes and I get an email every time there is an update on that thread so I get quite a few that way, plus I replaced my regular search bar with the swagbucks one. With just those simple steps I have gotten many gift cards. Very worth it!

Just your friendly neighborhood graduate student.
My BudgetBlog budgetandbargain.blogspot.com

#9 of 61 Old 04-29-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Since I cut out all spending, I think I will have a Kindle be my SB goal. 

Thanks for the tips!  Any more?

#10 of 61 Old 04-30-2011, 12:21 AM

how do the codes and toolbar work? i only know about searching and daily polls...

Mothering my sweet preschool boy luxlove.gif and my new arrival bfinfant.gif

#11 of 61 Old 04-30-2011, 12:23 AM

also when you check out at amazon -- can you put in several $5 gift card codes from swagbucks at once?

#12 of 61 Old 04-30-2011, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Yep. I've put five in at one time, before.   I need to get more referrals. Mine are maxed out and that's how I got a lot of my points.

#13 of 61 Old 04-30-2011, 09:27 AM

Can someone PM me with the links to Fat Wallet and Slickdeals - the actual link to the Swag Codes thread? I can't find it on either site...

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#14 of 61 Old 04-30-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by triana1326 View Post

Can someone PM me with the links to Fat Wallet and Slickdeals - the actual link to the Swag Codes thread? I can't find it on either site...

ditto!

#15 of 61 Old 04-30-2011, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngspiritmom View Post

also when you check out at amazon -- can you put in several $5 gift card codes from swagbucks at once?

Yes, that is my understanding.  However - you can only trade SB's for $5 Amazon GC's five times per month.  So people buy them as soon as possible, I think.  It looks like people add them to their amazon account until they have built up their Amazon credit enough to buy Christmas presents or whatever.  (Somebody please correct me if I am incorrect! Still a newbie here.)

The $50 AGC's are more expensive, so the $5 ones are the better deal.  You can get 5 of each per month.  The $25 ones are apparently the worst deal.

BUT - Today is my 5th day and I have 299 SB's already! Got  a ways to go for that Kindle. (Xmas 2011 is my goal!)

#16 of 61 Old 04-30-2011, 10:55 AM

I do! All I do on swagbucks is use the search engine to get points then I redeem them for $5 amazon gift cards. So far I've gotten $65 in amazon gift cards since I started using swagbucks 6 months ago.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#17 of 61 Old 05-01-2011, 07:21 AM

OK, i just signed up to get the blog delivered to my email. Any other ways to search for codes? Share please! I have heard that people have created sites/blogs that list swag codes as soon as they come out. Does anyone know of one of these?

#18 of 61 Old 05-01-2011, 03:34 PM

I do! I just started about 3 months ago and cash out every couple weeks for a $5 Amazon GC. I make sure I do the poll, NOS, and a search every morning. Getting those codes really help too though. The blog I use to tell me the codes is SBCodez.com. I follow them on FB and they post on there really quick.

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#19 of 61 Old 05-02-2011, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngspiritmom View Post

OK, i just signed up to get the blog delivered to my email. Any other ways to search for codes? Share please! I have heard that people have created sites/blogs that list swag codes as soon as they come out. Does anyone know of one of these?

http://sc-s.com/

#20 of 61 Old 05-02-2011, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle283 View Post

... I make sure I do the poll, NOS, and a search every morning. ...

And click on trusted surveys for 1 sb. (you don't have to actually do a poll)

#21 of 61 Old 05-03-2011, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

swag code out now ...

#22 of 61 Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 AM

http://www.we-love-swag-bucks.com/

I like that blog.  It tells where you can find the codes and has a swidget.

#23 of 61 Old 05-03-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Another free code out now for 6 SB

expires in an hour

#24 of 61 Old 05-03-2011, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Just did the FB SB trivia app.  If you answer 10 Q's in 5 minutes, you get 5 SB's.  I had to search for every one ... and that was a stressful 5 minutes for just 5 SB's!!

#25 of 61 Old 05-06-2011, 07:18 PM

I love it. We've been doing it for maybe 5 months.... And we've earned about 30-40 dollars towards amazon, which adds up. Honestly, what I love most about it was that it enabled me to get my DP the birthday present he really wanted that he KNEW no one would get him because we couldn't afford it and his family couldn't afford it, but I cut the price down to what I could afford using swagbucks, and he was so excited and thrilled, and it made me so happy.

I don't do anything other than have a swagbucks toolbar, and use swagbucks for all searches. If it doesn't turn up the result, then I go to the google toolbar. Lately, since I figured out how to set the URL bar to swagbucks, we earned 2 5$ gift cards in a month, but it's usually about 1 a month. (It switched back though!! not sure how to make it stay swagbucks, but I have the toolbar so that's ok.)

Basically, 5-10 dollars a month extra from amazon without spending a drop of extra energy, which can even be used towards shipping AND google marketplace sellers, good search results, I'm a total convert.

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
#26 of 61 Old 05-08-2011, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I use swagbucks and have for over a year now - we normally get 2-3 $5 Amazon GC a month from using it. I do all the free point things, all my searches, and some surveys and special offers to get points. All our GC go towards home schooling materials from Amazon which really really helps out.

ETA: I also do Irazoo, which is similar to swagbucks. I get $5 in Amazon GC there monthly, sometimes more.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#27 of 61 Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

I just got my first gift card!  Now I'm back down to 53.

#28 of 61 Old 05-14-2011, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

I am well on my way to my second $5 Amazon gift card.

However - I have had two viruses in the past two weeks and had to pay $32 this morning for Norton Antivirus.

Not sure if these two things are connected...

#29 of 61 Old 05-15-2011, 02:47 PM

I'm still new to SW, I hope to save up my AGC.

#30 of 61 Old 05-16-2011, 05:40 AM

After reading this thread, I signed up for Swagbucks, I've had it about a week and only have 106 points, but I just use to toolbar. I have done the surveys a few times. The toolbar search engine is pretty good, the ads are not annoying. I'll keep using it.

I used to use MYPOINTS and again, wasn't hardcore about it. After 6 months I cashed in for a 25 dollar gift card. My mom uses it more and gets a 50 dollar gift card every 6 months or so. Their search engine sucked and I didn't like it that much.. Swagbucks is better, I think.

Tags
Add And Your Money A Guide To Personal Finance For Adults With Attention Deficit Disorder , Finances , Money Modular Flip Charts , Moneywise Kids , Managing My Money Banking And Budgeting Basics

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page