"Extreme couponing" show is ridiculous - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#151 of 168 Old 06-21-2011, 04:45 PM
 
bobcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Also, back to the whole "where these people are coming from" thing.....I also understand what it is like to need quick meals, because you are so tired and stressed that cooking isn't always an option. The thing some people don't understand about being poor, is that sometimes that sucks so much energy out of you, just surviving, that cooking beans from scratch and washing dishes isn't going to happen. Most of the time, people are just lazy and they need to change and start cooking. But in some cases, processed food is okay, if you are a woman who is trying to keep your kid away from bad influences and gangs, and help your other child with homework, and walk your laundry to the laundromat, get quarters, then dry the clothes, and fill out the forms for Medicaid, and do a million other things. You can only do so much, at times. Sometimes there are other priorities, and often just stress piling up on your shoulders (how will I pay this bill?) is enough to exhaust you and eat up your time. Sometimes having one easy thing in life makes the difference.

 

The other thing is, people who had someone guiding them in life are lucky. If you go to college and get a degree, you at least have an idea of what you'll do to make money---you just look at what other people with your degree are doing. Now imagine the opposite; never being good at anything.....and there's a whole world of low-income jobs out there to choose from. Just choosing is intimidating, when no one ever told you, "you are good at X, you should pursue that." Imagine not graduating from high school, even. If you find that you are good at something that brings in money, like couponing, it is very exciting for you. And as I said, the majority of the people on the show do have jobs, like hospice nurse or warehouse worker.

 

I personally don't have that level of problems in my life, because I have been lucky/blessed in some respects to have a support system. Though have gone through enough bad luck and misfortune that I understand what it's like to feel that desperation.

bobcat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#152 of 168 Old 06-21-2011, 05:02 PM
 
Alenushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 1,854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I was very poor when I just came to US. Because of how I came I was never on any refugee programs and I was never on welfare. Yes, it was horrible exhausting to work sometime 16 hours shifts and go to school. I had an advantage of knowing how to cook with limited budgets and food. Soviets upbringing is good for it.  It make me sad that in US cooking is not really taught in school.

I just can't eat the premade proccess shit that is sold here. I would rather eat rice and beans for weeks. I love crockpots.

Alenushka is online now  
#153 of 168 Old 06-21-2011, 05:12 PM
2xy
 
2xy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, I'm only halfway through the thread, so maybe someone else mentions this later on, but....

 

HOW MUCH friggin' toothpaste do y'all use? I hear people going on about free toothpaste (not just here) fairly often, and I'm like headscratch.gif.  There are four people in my house, and yes we brush our teeth every day....some of us more than once a day....and we probably spend less than $12 a year on toothpaste. I honestly cannot recall the last time toothpaste was purchased in our home. It's been more than a few months.

 

Maybe that Brylcreem jingle got fused into my brain at some point, but "a little dab will do ya!"

 

Also, I agree that coupons are for mostly crap food. I probably use one or two coupons a month, usually for tea or shaving cream. We do buy some processed foods....my kids like frozen pizzas and we buy tortillas chips regularly. But there are rarely coupons for TASTY frozen pizza, and the chips we buy are cheaper at regular price than the ones there are coupons for.

 

2xy is offline  
#154 of 168 Old 06-21-2011, 05:41 PM
 
crunchy_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xy View Post

HOW MUCH friggin' toothpaste do y'all use? I hear people going on about free toothpaste (not just here) fairly often, and I'm like headscratch.gif.  There are four people in my house, and yes we brush our teeth every day....some of us more than once a day....and we probably spend less than $12 a year on toothpaste. I honestly cannot recall the last time toothpaste was purchased in our home. It's been more than a few months.


LOL!! I have a new theory that toothpaste is a scam lol.gif ...a little over a year ago, DH & I stopped using toothpaste. We occasionally use a bit of baking soda &/or xylitol if needed but for the most part, we use nothing. Our teeth feel fresh-from-the-dentist-clean EVERYDAY. It's awesome. Our dentist is amazed & claims we have the cleanest teeth ever -- he was so impressed, he started asking questions about our diet & stuff (we are vegan) but I was too chicken to mention we stopped using toothpaste!

Sorry to go OT a bit!!

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
crunchy_mommy is offline  
#155 of 168 Old 06-21-2011, 06:02 PM
 
choli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

I was very poor when I just came to US. Because of how I came I was never on any refugee programs and I was never on welfare. Yes, it was horrible exhausting to work sometime 16 hours shifts and go to school. I had an advantage of knowing how to cook with limited budgets and food. Soviets upbringing is good for it.  It make me sad that in US cooking is not really taught in school.

I just can't eat the premade proccess shit that is sold here. I would rather eat rice and beans for weeks. I love crockpots.


I have to agree with that - I learned to cook from scratch in secondary school, on a limited budget, and it has stood me in more stead than anything else I learned in school.

choli is offline  
#156 of 168 Old 06-21-2011, 06:03 PM
 
bobcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I agree with the toothpaste. That is one of those things I wouldn't stockpile (meaning, have any extras, let alone 5 extras), because I use so little that there would be at least 2 sale cycles just while I go through one tube. So there is literally no need to stock up, if you still have the time to clip coupons in 2 months or 4 months from now. Unless your scissors will break soon, or unless the economy gets so bad that nothing ever goes on sale anymore. Haha.

 

I think that is the very reason it gets so cheap that you can get it free. Crest and Colgate just know that it's used so rarely, that no one would ever buy it unless they stockpile it. (and the hope is that some people won't use all they buy, because they'll switch to a new flavor, etc).

 

The things I get extras of are things I use so much of, that I literally run out before it goes on sale again. Most good sales happen once every 1-3 months. So things like boxed chicken stock, which I can go through 3 per week. Things like coffee, which I drink a lot of (can you tell? lol). I go through one bag of coffee a week.

 

There is no need to stockpile mustard, ketchup (unless you use it like tomato paste in stew), toothpaste, hot sauce, etc. Paper towels....it depends how much you use. I have immune issues so I use more than most people, because I don't like to expose myself to potential e. coli on a kitchen towel after washing my hands, etc. I also have digestive issues and so I use more toilet paper than most. Sometimes I get too weak to stand and cook, so having Larabars on hand helps. You just need to know what you use a lot of. I could care less about toothpaste or mustard. But if someone decides they want enough toothpaste for a year, because it's one less thing on their mind, I have no problem with that.

 

 

Also, I agree that cooking from scratch is pretty much the best way to save money and be healthy. Most of the time, there are pretty much no excuses for not cooking cheap provisions from scratch, like dry beans. I wish everyone knew how and had practice. However, in cases of poor health or extreme emotional stress, sometimes it's not possible. Those would be rare exceptions, but it does happen, to more people than you think. I can't tell you how many people I know that aren't healthy enough to stand in their kitchens and stir something, then wash the dishes. Sad, but true. A lot of people that aren't working at all, it's for a reason. Some people are in wheelchairs, and cooking at a stove, rinsing beans in a sink, is difficult. Obviously the people on the show are healthy enough to do it, though some of them would have to to it at night, after work, of course.

 

One woman on the show said that she was down to spending $50/week on groceries, and I think she had maybe like 4 kids? But if you cook beans, rice, etc that were bought in bulk, you can actually get close to that without coupons! So yes, there are times when knowing how to cook is all you need. It just depends upon if you have the time/energy.

bobcat is offline  
#157 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 AM
 
mar123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I only keep toothpaste on hand so I don't have to worry- and yes, I can get it cheap. My "stockpile" is 4-5 tubes of it; we like certain types and when I have good coupons for them, combined with sales, I pick up a few. I also do that with shampoo, conditioner and bodywash. Those are the things we like to "splurge" on. Not necessities, but there are ones we like that tend to be pricey. When I can pick them up cheaply, I do so.

 

I always read on this forum about rice and beans- I don't like beans, LOL. Never have. The only rice I really eat is brown rice cooked in chicken broth and crab boil. Had that the other night with a roasted chicken with fresh herbs, garlic and lemons. The whole meal was under $10 for the 5 of us. I am happy with that. I know there are ways to eat cheaper, but food is not something I scrimp on. I find a way to cook what we like with what I have. If it means growing my own herbs, I will do that. If it means using coupons to get the other things like toothpaste and cleaning products, I will spend the time doing that.

mar123 is offline  
#158 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 06:40 AM
 
Amys1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I dont care WHY they coupon, but HOW they coupon and HOW this show is showing it and its wrong. The lifestyle woman was cheating, its been proven and she went on and on about her materialistic lifestyle. Personally, if you want to spend 30 plus hours a week dumpster diving and cutting and organizining coupons instead of spending that time with your family, thats your business. But know there are threads such as this one who will spend time discussing what a loss this is to you. This show is no different than the hoarder show on right after on the channel right next to it. The difference, the extreme couponers are just a bit more neater and savy about their hoarding. Plus a bit more perky. But dont kid yourself, they are hoarding mustard that no one needs just like the hoarder is hoard dog crap from a dead dog who died in 1986.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar123 View Post

Why someone coupons is their business. Even the woman who wanted to keep her lifestyle-unless they are cheating in some way. But as long as all couponing someone is doing is legit, it's their own business. They are not cheating anyone. And I don't consider wanting to go out with friends once in a while materialistic, which is what this woman said.



 


"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Amys1st is offline  
#159 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 AM
 
mar123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Amy- yes, I do believe she was cheating; I have read those articles as well. I don't spend 30 hours a week couponing- I have a full time job and 3 kids and a husband. I just find it ironic that some people around here are so judgmental of people who use coupons. Yet these same people resent judgment for their own lifestyle choices. If someone is cheating the system, that is wrong and should be dealt with. otherwise, it isn't really anyone's business.

 

I have learned things from this show (although the show bugs me- the fake drama every time. UGH). I didn't know about stacking coupons, for example. I saved a bundle at Target because you can use their coupons with manufacturer coupons and Target has great coupons on their site. I am trying to save as much money as possible- 30%-50% is my goal.

mar123 is offline  
#160 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 07:37 AM
 
enkmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

On the toothpaste, I pick it up free whenever I can.  I keep 4 or 5 tubes onhand for the family, but I also give lots of it away.  There is a domestic violence shelter down the street from me, and they are always happy to get it.  When I worked with my church's food pantry, I often brought several tubes with me to pass along, and they were always well received.

 

Lately, I have been looking for free/cheap items to send to college with my son.  Several of his friends are on very tight budgets, and they are thrilled to get free toothpaste, body wash, and most especially, toilet paper.

enkmom is offline  
#161 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 07:49 AM
 
crunchy_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar123 View Post

Amy- yes, I do believe she was cheating; I have read those articles as well. I don't spend 30 hours a week couponing- I have a full time job and 3 kids and a husband. I just find it ironic that some people around here are so judgmental of people who use coupons. Yet these same people resent judgment for their own lifestyle choices. If someone is cheating the system, that is wrong and should be dealt with. otherwise, it isn't really anyone's business.

 


I don't think the judgement (if you want to call it that, although I don't think most are intending to judge!) is about 'using coupons'... but more about HOW they are used and WHAT they are used for, in the context of a natural living forum. If we were on a 'mainstream' board, I think the reactions and underlying assumptions would be quite different.

I do look at coupons, although I don't generally use them. Yes, there are A FEW out there for things I perhaps could theoretically use, but the MAJORITY of them are not for things I would consider buying, and don't seem to jive well with natural living, and really wouldn't save me any money once other things are factored in. So it's hard to picture how someone could save 30% or more by couponing, while still striving to live naturally. However, it's become obvious through tons of threads on MDC lately that NOT everyone on here necessarily even wants to live naturally and that 'natural' means very different things to different people... and obviously there is more than one way to meet the 'natural' goal if that is something you strive for. I do think that coupons cause people to save on things they might not otherwise buy (I think that's the point of them?)... so sure, you could save $1 on XYZ, but would you have even BOUGHT it in the first place if it wasn't a sale/coupon? Is it still cheaper than the generic brand? Is it really saving money if you compare price per ounce? Did you still save, even when you factor in things like gas, store-wide elevated prices, etc.? (general 'you' not you specifically!) Some of the examples I've seen lead me to believe otherwise.

I have no problem if someone wants to use coupons though, or even 'extreme' couponing if they can do it legally/ethically. But even with the examples provided in this thread & elsewhere, I don't see how it's something that could help me & my family continue to eat healthy, meet our 'natural' goals, AND save money.


Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
crunchy_mommy is offline  
#162 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 08:41 AM
 
mar123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

crunchy-mommy- I see your point about coupons and natural living. As some have said, there are ways to find coupons for those things. And yes, I take into account all those things you mentioned. But I am fortunate to have 4 store within 2 miles of my home. And while I may use coupons for things I don't normally buy, that is not typical. There was once a type of cheese I wanted to try- I tried it because with the coupon I got it for .25. We liked it, but I still only buy it with coupons. When I buy cereal, I only buy what I have coupons for. I get some from Kashi, but sometimes it's Cheerios. With my dh out of work for almost a year, it is called survivial.

 

I do see it as judgmental; but maybe because I am not as natural as some, nor am I striving to be. (I do buy more natural things, but have no desire to be 100% there) I have learned a lot from this board, which is why I read here. But I do see judgment of others who are not living in the same vein as those on this board. But I also read threads from those same people who are very angry that others judge them. It is irony at its finest.

Bokonon likes this.
mar123 is offline  
#163 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 09:15 AM
 
crunchy_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar123 View Post

crunchy-mommy- I see your point about coupons and natural living. As some have said, there are ways to find coupons for those things. And yes, I take into account all those things you mentioned. But I am fortunate to have 4 store within 2 miles of my home. And while I may use coupons for things I don't normally buy, that is not typical. There was once a type of cheese I wanted to try- I tried it because with the coupon I got it for .25. We liked it, but I still only buy it with coupons. When I buy cereal, I only buy what I have coupons for. I get some from Kashi, but sometimes it's Cheerios. With my dh out of work for almost a year, it is called survivial.

I do see it as judgmental; but maybe because I am not as natural as some, nor am I striving to be. (I do buy more natural things, but have no desire to be 100% there) 

Yup, I get you, my DH is unemployed too. I certainly can't afford to buy all organic or anything, no matter how much we scrimp on other things. I'm also not 100% natural, although in my ideal world, I would be! (Well, actually, not totally even then... I love my computer, and have no desire to live in a grass hut, for ex.!!) And Cheerios are not evil... I wouldn't consider that to be altogether 'unnatural' even... there is a lot of middle ground... Buying a few boxes of Cheerios, to me, doesn't quite compare to stocking up on Pepsi. One is still nourishing, the other is junk and really isn't about survival at all... no offense to anyone who loves soda. Nutrition in the US is a really big concern for me, and the fact that things like Kool-Aid and lollipops are even considered 'food' is a huge issue to me. It's one thing to treat yourself to a piece of candy, but another to stock up on 100's of them because they were on sale, and call it 'food'. I worry about the health of Americans (and especially of children here) and I feel like many coupons compound the problem. The food manufacturers are largely responsible as well. I'm not saying a bottle of HFCS ketchup is going to kill anyone, but all those things add up and are not healthy... I really look at money in terms of nutrition-per-dollar... I'm probably getting OT a bit, sorry...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar123 View Post

I have learned a lot from this board, which is why I read here. But I do see judgment of others who are not living in the same vein as those on this board. But I also read threads from those same people who are very angry that others judge them. It is irony at its finest.

I totally get your point... too much judgement all around. Everyone is doing what they feel is 'best' (or at least what they feel is their only option!) so when my 'best' and your 'best' don't match up, it's normal, I think, for both sides to feel judged... Maybe you're right, I do sort of judge a parent who buys over 100 candy bars (this was on the one episode I watched)... because no one needs that amount of candy, no matter how cheap it is, and I don't know why they wouldn't just spend that $3 on something SOMEWHAT nourishing. I just feel they are lacking something... nutritional education? common sense? willpower? personal responsibility? mental health? community support? SOMETHING... I don't really see any other way to look at it, but I am more than open to hearing more on the issue!!

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
crunchy_mommy is offline  
#164 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 10:20 AM
 
mar123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am certainly guilty of judging others- I am not perfect. I just my SIL who feeds her kids a diet of red dye, sugar and caffeine. My kids don't even know what kool-aid is! LOL. We do buy freezie pops once in a while for a treat by the pool at Granny's house, but that is maybe once a month during the summer. I also don't get the women who buy 100 candy bars, etc. even if they are free. But one thing I notice about the show is every time they say that it is the biggest trip the shopper has ever had, etc. So I don't think most of these people shop like this all the time.

 

I liked the woman who let her son's friends come in and 'shop" in her basement. I have spent a ton of money every year buying food for my classroom for my students. Yes, it's not usually healthy or natural stuff because it can't be refridgerated and it can't be nuts (my personal favorite natural snack). So I stick with cheese crackers, small bags of chips and sun chips, etc.

 

I have also found that my kids will eat cereal as "dessert." So sometimes I will use that coupon for cookie crisp cereal, and that is the dessert that week, LOL.

mar123 is offline  
#165 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 10:38 AM
 
lilyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 17,896
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


This varies by store and who is paying to advertise through the catalina machine.  The ones at our store are done by catalina and do print out plenty of stuff that says "This is not a coupon"  Usually it is advertising for an upcoming discount.  Especially the "get $5 off your next purchase" coupons.  The two companies that do it the most are Kraft and General Mills.  So for example you will get a one that says "This is not a coupon!  Get up to $10 off your next general mills purchase between the dates of xxxx and yyyy  purchase 3 boxes and get $1 off, purchase 5 boxes and get $2 off...blah blah blah"  The if you come in those days and buy 20 boxes of cereal the machine will print out a coupon for $10 off your next grocery purchase.  It is very complicated and as a cashier I hated it LOL  it is good to know when and how to get those big "free money" coupons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post

mar123,

 

 

If it says, "this is not a coupon," it is probably not a catalina. 

 

 


The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

lilyka is offline  
#166 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 10:39 AM
 
Amys1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



As I said, I dont care how much you coupon nor am I judging you. The lady on the show cheating the system? Yep judging her and I think she is abusing the system and making it bad for people such as yourself who coupon and do it honestly. She is also making it bad for the person who ran to the store that day to buy mustard for dinner and lo and behold- no mustard! Why? Because Mrs Extreme had to buy it all for no one to use it. Yes, I find it disgusting and the way they buy everything up and store- that is some sort of mental issue. Just like hoarding. If your couponing is interfering with your family or worse the job that helps you provide for your family, that is one thing that needs to be addressed. But couponing to save some money for other things? That is why you use them. No I do not coupon because the way our lifestyle is, there is no reason for it. If you were here for a long while such as others, you would know about our famous co-ops, buying clubs etc that you can buy your organic and natural groceries at wholesale. Or planning with this in mind. I do that, so for me the extreme couponing is entertainment and something to talk about here. For you, it makes a difference month after month. And more power to you if you're doing it honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar123 View Post

Amy- yes, I do believe she was cheating; I have read those articles as well. I don't spend 30 hours a week couponing- I have a full time job and 3 kids and a husband. I just find it ironic that some people around here are so judgmental of people who use coupons. Yet these same people resent judgment for their own lifestyle choices. If someone is cheating the system, that is wrong and should be dealt with. otherwise, it isn't really anyone's business.

 

I have learned things from this show (although the show bugs me- the fake drama every time. UGH). I didn't know about stacking coupons, for example. I saved a bundle at Target because you can use their coupons with manufacturer coupons and Target has great coupons on their site. I am trying to save as much money as possible- 30%-50% is my goal.



 


"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Amys1st is offline  
#167 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 10:56 AM
 
mar123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Amy- I am aware of co-ops, just don't really have that option where I live. I envy those that do.

 

Also, when you use the term "you" in writing, I think you are spefically addressing the reader. When I am talking about people in general, I use 3rd person, not the term "you," so maybe there was misunderstanding when I read your post. I thought you were making assumptions about me, since you kept saying "you." Sorry if I misunderstood.

mar123 is offline  
#168 of 168 Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 AM
 
Amys1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

makes sense. BTW, MDC used to run co-ops but we stopped a few years back. I ran several for many years and they had a national presence. Places such as Frontier etc are great places to buy natural products at wholesale prices. Peace.


"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Amys1st is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off