Fall 2011 Low Income Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 192 Old 10-14-2011, 06:33 AM
 
thatgirliknew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It has been forever since I have been in here because of no computer! Hope all you ladies are doing well and that my money gets straight soon enough to be back on Mothering full time.

 

But I'm living with my grandmother and two kiddos since the husband left in January. (And my grandmother is the kind that believes in going against my every wish on everything from what the kids eat, to routines and rules, etc)

Trying to come up with a deposit for an apartment and I need $150 more! She's holding it but I don't know how much longer. I got a new job and start today or Monday (depending on what time my background check gets back), but won't get paid until the 28th. ugh.

XH has only been gone since January and he's already $2500 behind in child support.

 

Other than CHA CHA and survey sites, does anyone have any good ways to make money doing something online part time?

I would browse the boards more thoroughly, but I'm at the library and only have 30 minutes!

 

 


treehugger.gif Mom to jammin.gifDS7 and Peace.gifDD4.  Full time Social Work studentgeek.gif.
thatgirliknew is offline  
#62 of 192 Old 10-14-2011, 07:21 AM
 
mylilmonkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dh's paycheck dropped another $50.  I can make it work, but it's tight.  A lot of our money goes to savings, but that is because we desperately need to replace both our vehicles this next year.  So, what looks like a lot of money in our savings account (for us, given our history of having no savings) is rather artificial and will be mostly gone next spring.  Then, hopefully we'll move and that money we have been used to putting into savings while we sell the house using one of those "sell in 90 days or we buy your house" deals.  The deal will be enough to cover our 1st and 2nd mortgages and then we'll be free of this house.  THEN, we'll be able to start saving for real.  Hoping our plans work out and don't get derailed by something unexpected!!!  I HAVE to move closer to my family and get out of this climate.  I've been miserable trying to raise a bunch of kids when 6 mo out of the year it is too cold to be outside.


Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

mylilmonkeys is offline  
#63 of 192 Old 10-14-2011, 09:56 PM
 
carmel23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 5,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

Dh's paycheck dropped another $50.  I can make it work, but it's tight.  A lot of our money goes to savings, but that is because we desperately need to replace both our vehicles this next year.  So, what looks like a lot of money in our savings account (for us, given our history of having no savings) is rather artificial and will be mostly gone next spring.  Then, hopefully we'll move and that money we have been used to putting into savings while we sell the house using one of those "sell in 90 days or we buy your house" deals.  The deal will be enough to cover our 1st and 2nd mortgages and then we'll be free of this house.  THEN, we'll be able to start saving for real.  Hoping our plans work out and don't get derailed by something unexpected!!!  I HAVE to move closer to my family and get out of this climate.  I've been miserable trying to raise a bunch of kids when 6 mo out of the year it is too cold to be outside.

ugh, 50 bucks is a lot! that is really good that you are still saving, too though.  I was and then the kids went back to school and there were so many costs associated with it--fees for this and that. I'm sure we qualify for reduced/free lunch but I don't like the school having that info and my kids won't eat the lunch at school anyway.  They just wouldn't eat.  So there went the saving!

where do you live that it is so cold?  It is cold here, and dark and gray for months and months in the winter and wet. but nothing fun like snow....
 

 


 hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif
 

carmel23 is offline  
#64 of 192 Old 10-15-2011, 12:47 AM
 
mom2tig99Nroo03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: praying, researchin' and bedrestin'
Posts: 9,417
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

subbing.

 

hub has been working some overtime lately. good thing, right? nope;. it pushed us off of food stamps, and since they go by GROSS pay not takehome pay, we are beyond broke yet again. <sigh> will reapply in a month, but still. we are already living with the inlaws and just can't seem to get caught up much less ahead.


l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
mom2tig99Nroo03 is offline  
#65 of 192 Old 10-15-2011, 12:48 AM
 
mom2tig99Nroo03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: praying, researchin' and bedrestin'
Posts: 9,417
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirliknew View Post

 

Other than CHA CHA and survey sites, does anyone have any good ways to make money doing something online part time?

I would browse the boards more thoroughly, but I'm at the library and only have 30 minutes!

 

 


 

what is cha cha?


l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
mom2tig99Nroo03 is offline  
#66 of 192 Old 10-15-2011, 08:43 AM
 
gabbyraja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midwest
Posts: 491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I almost never see REALLY positive reports here. Just people commiserating with others having bad thing after bad thing happen. I really wanted our story to be the positive one here. (don't we all) We were doing so well, things were looking up, but just like most of those living on the edge we got into trouble again. We're having some legal trouble, and there went every penny we've saved to try to buy a house. Savings are gone, debt's rising again, I had to pawn my wedding ring this week. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. I'm just so very tired. Sigh...


FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

gabbyraja is offline  
#67 of 192 Old 10-15-2011, 09:33 AM
 
thatgirliknew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post

 

what is cha cha?



It is a service where people send you questions and you answer them and get paid. But it's about $0.10-0.20 a question.


treehugger.gif Mom to jammin.gifDS7 and Peace.gifDD4.  Full time Social Work studentgeek.gif.
thatgirliknew is offline  
#68 of 192 Old 10-15-2011, 09:42 AM
 
Amylcd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post

subbing.

 

hub has been working some overtime lately. good thing, right? nope;. it pushed us off of food stamps, and since they go by GROSS pay not takehome pay, we are beyond broke yet again. <sigh> will reapply in a month, but still. we are already living with the inlaws and just can't seem to get caught up much less ahead.



Sorry :(

 

I know all about the gross vs. take home pay. 


knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

Amylcd is offline  
#69 of 192 Old 10-15-2011, 01:19 PM
 
carmel23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 5,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyraja View Post

I almost never see REALLY positive reports here. Just people commiserating with others having bad thing after bad thing happen. I really wanted our story to be the positive one here. (don't we all) We were doing so well, things were looking up, but just like most of those living on the edge we got into trouble again. We're having some legal trouble, and there went every penny we've saved to try to buy a house. Savings are gone, debt's rising again, I had to pawn my wedding ring this week. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. I'm just so very tired. Sigh...



((hugs))

 

this is where we are, too!  we had some good stuff happen and it looked like we were climbing out of the hole. and then BAM.  But you did it once, you will do it again.  hang in there!


 hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif
 

carmel23 is offline  
#70 of 192 Old 10-15-2011, 06:44 PM
 
Wolfcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ok, things are looking up. DH is getting into his busy season, so overtime will be his for the taking for Nov-Dec. Yay!

 

We seem to be getting the finances into a working situation. We want to go visit his parents (they haven't met the kids yet) next January. We are looking at taking Amtrak because it's SUCH a long drive for two small kids. The bedroom car would be perfect for us, but it'll push the cost of traveling to about $1k. Not bad, but we'll have to really focus on saving for the next several months.

 

On the upside, DH had one of his tires go bad (you could see through the rubber in places) and we were able to get it fixed without going completely off the deep end, financially. Yay!


Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

Wolfcat is offline  
#71 of 192 Old 10-15-2011, 09:58 PM
 
zebra15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 4,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Well I had to spend some funds today, unintended but OLD NAVY was having extra off clearance and 75% off winter/fall clothes.  DS got 7 pcs for $40 and he is wearing MENS sizes now.  That wasn't really in the budget but darn near free shirts and pj pants are a must.  I can not afford to use the heat this winter so the boy needs long sleeves.

 

I may go to a different O.N. tomorrow and check out their stock. He needs more PJ pants.


Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

zebra15 is online now  
#72 of 192 Old 10-15-2011, 10:28 PM
 
frugalmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,120
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Zebra depending on the size you need I've seen some good men's clothing boxes recently on thredup. 

 

I've been listing in demand boxes on thredup to try to gain enough credits to cash in for a free box of clothes for DD - she needs winter fleece PJs badly but I haven't been able to find any in our thrift shops. I can't afford the heat either this winter, so we are going to be dressing warmer too.


Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
frugalmama is online now  
#73 of 192 Old 10-16-2011, 08:29 AM
 
averysmomma05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had cut my work hours from 40 to 15 hrs because of my daughters appts and therapy and things I can't keep up but after realizing my husband will be laid off again shortly I went back up to 40 hrs. Sigh I am having a hard time keeping up with school work, the kids appts, work now DD (4) has strep throat and the oldest woke up this morning sick. Ugh, can't catch a break at all. I have a dr appt FINALLY for my issues I have been having but need to come up with the $160 to be seen by Dec otherwise I will need to cancel. Hope everyone is doing okay and staying warm.


E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
averysmomma05 is online now  
#74 of 192 Old 10-16-2011, 08:31 AM
 
averysmomma05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Us too. Really good things will happen then BAM the end and lots of bad things. Exhausting

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmel23 View Post

((hugs))

 

this is where we are, too!  we had some good stuff happen and it looked like we were climbing out of the hole. and then BAM.  But you did it once, you will do it again.  hang in there!



 


E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
averysmomma05 is online now  
#75 of 192 Old 10-16-2011, 09:55 AM
 
mylilmonkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by carmel23 View Post

ugh, 50 bucks is a lot! that is really good that you are still saving, too though.  I was and then the kids went back to school and there were so many costs associated with it--fees for this and that. I'm sure we qualify for reduced/free lunch but I don't like the school having that info and my kids won't eat the lunch at school anyway.  They just wouldn't eat.  So there went the saving!

where do you live that it is so cold?  It is cold here, and dark and gray for months and months in the winter and wet. but nothing fun like snow.... 

 

Yes, $50 is a lot, but the total down since August is $450 a month, and I'm afraid we haven't hit our bottom yet. bigeyes.gif  As far as free lunch, we have our kids in our parish school and they get scholarship funds, so the school is already well aware of our situation.  Oldest DS moved on to public high school this year and got an automatic approval for free lunch through the FS program, without my even asking or filing any forms.  I totally sympathize with your not wanting to share personal financial info like that, though.  It's incredibly uncomfortable.  But, I am happy to know that our private school actually receives more money through the free lunch program than they charge for school lunches, so it benefits them to have kids on free/reduced lunch.  Our school is sooo small that little things like this make a difference.  

 

We live in the upper midwest.  The last few years have been brutal.  I grew up on the East coast in VA and I am so not prepared for this environment.  And our house is just crazy.  We do not have heating ducts in two of the kids' bedrooms and have had contractors in looking at it and no one wants to even do the job to fix it.  I'm just done here and need to move on.  
 

ETA:  I'm vacillating whether to contact our social worker to adjust our FS yet or wait until I feel like we've hit a plateau.  I got a letter that they are transitioning to an online renewal process, so maybe that'll come soon.  Also, anyone who prays our would like to send good thoughts our way that we get a good subsidy for our heating expenses this year would be greatly appreciated.  Sometimes during our winter lows in our income, just having that subsidy makes the difference between being okay and not, you know?

 


Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

mylilmonkeys is offline  
#76 of 192 Old 10-16-2011, 11:13 AM
 
frugalmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,120
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I have no idea what we're going to do next month - it's looking like we're going to be nearly $500 short for November and December both. I have no idea what we're going to do - I can pay the mortgage and maybe the electric bill if it's not too high but everything else I just don't have to funds for. I don't have anything left to sell other than our car, and it's been up on craigslist for months without selling, even with us dropping the price several times. We can't get assistance with the electric without letting it go to a pink notice, and we're on a payment plan so getting a pink notice would void it. 

 

Any words of advice on trying to get help from agencies with water, phone, etc bills? I've never really had to use them before - I know where to go just never gone before as we've always managed to make it. 


Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
frugalmama is online now  
#77 of 192 Old 10-16-2011, 11:53 AM
 
mylilmonkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post

I have no idea what we're going to do next month - it's looking like we're going to be nearly $500 short for November and December both. I have no idea what we're going to do - I can pay the mortgage and maybe the electric bill if it's not too high but everything else I just don't have to funds for. I don't have anything left to sell other than our car, and it's been up on craigslist for months without selling, even with us dropping the price several times. We can't get assistance with the electric without letting it go to a pink notice, and we're on a payment plan so getting a pink notice would void it. 

 

Any words of advice on trying to get help from agencies with water, phone, etc bills? I've never really had to use them before - I know where to go just never gone before as we've always managed to make it. 



Check into Catholic Charities.  They assist anyone of any religion or no religion.  


Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

mylilmonkeys is offline  
#78 of 192 Old 10-16-2011, 01:41 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post  

ETA:  I'm vacillating whether to contact our social worker to adjust our FS yet or wait until I feel like we've hit a plateau.  I got a letter that they are transitioning to an online renewal process, so maybe that'll come soon.  Also, anyone who prays our would like to send good thoughts our way that we get a good subsidy for our heating expenses this year would be greatly appreciated.  Sometimes during our winter lows in our income, just having that subsidy makes the difference between being okay and not, you know?

 



Prayers and good intentions being sent your way!! hug2.gif We just got our LIHEAP payment so I understand. It wasn't as much as I thought but I know there are lots more people in need this year and anything is a huge help.

 


Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#79 of 192 Old 10-18-2011, 04:55 PM
 
zebra15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 4,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Well, I got the online forms for IBR today. I have some personal feelings against IBR but I need to do something around here and I keep telling myself that this is a temporary solution.  I ran the numbers online and IBR says I won't have to pay anything so that should free up some funds every month.  Since I seem incapable of making more money I need to find more money with what I already have.

I also dropped classes again this term.  I just can not handle school at this point or adding to student loans, although the overage $$ would've been nice.  I've done a total 180 with my stress level this past week.

I think the reality that the holidays are nearing, DS needs some clothing and there are a few household items that just need to be replaced are adding stress.  Really should buying envelopes add stress??  Thats like a $2 purchase.

And to top it all off, I need new sneakers.  My feet hurt so bad, I'm hoping to find a decent sale in the next couple weeks.  I have very hard to fit feet so this should be interesting.  (11wide with a large toe box)  ugh.


Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

zebra15 is online now  
#80 of 192 Old 10-18-2011, 05:10 PM
 
SierraBella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 953
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

Check into Catholic Charities.  They assist anyone of any religion or no religion.  



The Mormon church also helps with things like this. You don't have to be a member (I'm not and have received assistance), but you do have to do some community service work with them by doing church clean up on a Sat. morning.


 In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
SierraBella is offline  
#81 of 192 Old 10-18-2011, 05:11 PM
 
SierraBella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 953
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post

Zebra depending on the size you need I've seen some good men's clothing boxes recently on thredup. 

 

I've been listing in demand boxes on thredup to try to gain enough credits to cash in for a free box of clothes for DD - she needs winter fleece PJs badly but I haven't been able to find any in our thrift shops. I can't afford the heat either this winter, so we are going to be dressing warmer too.



Can I have more info on Thread up?


 In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
SierraBella is offline  
#82 of 192 Old 10-18-2011, 05:21 PM
 
frugalmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,120
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBella View Post

Can I have more info on Thread up?



It's a clothing swap site - you list a box, you get a box. The boxes are all medium flat rate priority boxes. If you list a in need box {there is a constantly updating list of what sizes get credits} you get either a $4 or a $2 credit when it ships. The clothes have to be in good condition - very little or no stains. You can also list kids books, toys, etc - I've even seen women's and mens clothing on there. When you select a box, you pay $15.95 for the box, shipped. If you really use the credits to lower the cost, it can turn into a source of free or very cheap clothing. 

 

I use it as our consignment shops don't buy anything that isn't 100% new with tags, and I have stuff that just isn't selling otherwise that I want gone. 


Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
frugalmama is online now  
#83 of 192 Old 10-18-2011, 05:52 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post

Well, I got the online forms for IBR today. I have some personal feelings against IBR but I need to do something around here and I keep telling myself that this is a temporary solution.  I ran the numbers online and IBR says I won't have to pay anything so that should free up some funds every month.  Since I seem incapable of making more money I need to find more money with what I already have.



What is IBR?

 

I got a letter from Medi-Cal yesterday asking me to explain where the money that went in to our bank account last month came from and if we have no income how are we paying bills. I am really hoping they just want to make sure we are not lying to them. I sent the info about cashing out part of DH's IRA with out re-cert. I have been sick all day worring that they will drop us because we have money 'sitting around' that we cashed out of the IRA. If they do I am sure food stamps will too and I don't know how in the world we will survive without those. I am so tired of being so anxious and stressed that I can hardly eat and feel like I am going to throw up most of the time.

 


Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#84 of 192 Old 10-18-2011, 06:13 PM
 
zebra15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 4,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

IBR is Income Based Repayment.  Its an option for student loan payments based on income.

 

Good luck with foodstamps and medical.  Around here they would just drop you and not ask questions.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

What is IBR?

 

I got a letter from Medi-Cal yesterday asking me to explain where the money that went in to our bank account last month came from and if we have no income how are we paying bills. I am really hoping they just want to make sure we are not lying to them. I sent the info about cashing out part of DH's IRA with out re-cert. I have been sick all day worring that they will drop us because we have money 'sitting around' that we cashed out of the IRA. If they do I am sure food stamps will too and I don't know how in the world we will survive without those. I am so tired of being so anxious and stressed that I can hardly eat and feel like I am going to throw up most of the time.

 



 


Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

zebra15 is online now  
#85 of 192 Old 10-18-2011, 09:29 PM
 
averysmomma05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

praying my dh unemployment check goes through tomorrow. Also, praying I get my student loans payment soon. agh.


E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
averysmomma05 is online now  
#86 of 192 Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 PM
 
carmel23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 5,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

What is IBR?

 

I got a letter from Medi-Cal yesterday asking me to explain where the money that went in to our bank account last month came from and if we have no income how are we paying bills. I am really hoping they just want to make sure we are not lying to them. I sent the info about cashing out part of DH's IRA with out re-cert. I have been sick all day worring that they will drop us because we have money 'sitting around' that we cashed out of the IRA. If they do I am sure food stamps will too and I don't know how in the world we will survive without those. I am so tired of being so anxious and stressed that I can hardly eat and feel like I am going to throw up most of the time.

 

I'm not sure about medical, but I know they changed  the rules to food stamps--you can still have assets and receive foodstamps (like to don't have to spend every penny, etc.)  They may count it as income, but then they should count it like if you are self employed, I would think! 
 

 


 hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif
 

carmel23 is offline  
#87 of 192 Old 10-18-2011, 10:20 PM
 
carmel23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 5,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmomma05 View Post

praying my dh unemployment check goes through tomorrow. Also, praying I get my student loans payment soon. agh.



praying for you! 


 hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif
 

carmel23 is offline  
#88 of 192 Old 10-18-2011, 11:39 PM
 
Krystal323's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: In a world of dreams
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wanting to send goodvibes to everyone here.  I haven't posted in ages, but yea, I still belong here.  I once had a psychic tell me that my financial situation was like the waves--over time there is an ebb and flow to them, where first I'm making money but DH isn't, then the other way around, etc...LOL.  It's very much that way.  

 

DH had been out of work since the end of April, but the Summer is my business' boom-time.  Now it's too cool out, and I'm too pregnant to do much freelancing anymore, and DH just got a part-time job.  

 

One thing I've recently been thinking about is that it's just no good letting money problems stress you out.  I mean, people are physically ill, mentally in anguish, cause they can't pay their bills or their credit is getting ruined.  But if you run out of money, life doesn't stop, yk?  There's got to still be good things to focus on--esp. for the sake of your kids, let alone your own sanity.  Lately I've been focusing on not allowing money to have such power over me that it ruins my life.  So my bills aren't current.  I'm trying to focus on things outside of the money situation--things that I have the power to control/change in this moment, even if they're small things.

 

I am so weary of being stressed about money--like probably most of us here.  I hope we all get some relief in the days/weeks/months ahead!  


Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Krystal323 is offline  
#89 of 192 Old 10-19-2011, 02:01 AM
 
zebra15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 4,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post

It's a clothing swap site - you list a box, you get a box. The boxes are all medium flat rate priority boxes. If you list a in need box {there is a constantly updating list of what sizes get credits} you get either a $4 or a $2 credit when it ships. The clothes have to be in good condition - very little or no stains. You can also list kids books, toys, etc - I've even seen women's and mens clothing on there. When you select a box, you pay $15.95 for the box, shipped. If you really use the credits to lower the cost, it can turn into a source of free or very cheap clothing. 

 

I use it as our consignment shops don't buy anything that isn't 100% new with tags, and I have stuff that just isn't selling otherwise that I want gone. 



I registered with them.  Can I just list things until my credit builds up to $16.00 then get a box for 'free'.  DS has tons of outgrown clothes that kiddie resale wont buy and I can 'make' money this way.(probably)


Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

zebra15 is online now  
#90 of 192 Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 AM
 
frugalmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,120
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post

I registered with them.  Can I just list things until my credit builds up to $16.00 then get a box for 'free'.  DS has tons of outgrown clothes that kiddie resale wont buy and I can 'make' money this way.(probably)



Yes you can - just remember the credits are pending until someone picks your box, you ship it and they review it. FWIW if you keep a 3 star or better average on your boxes you get a perk of getting a discount on new member's boxes

 

[quote]If you have a 3.0+ star rating you will receive 15% off the cost of that pick.

  • If you have a 4.0 star rating, you will receive 20% off the cost of that pick.[/quote]
  •  
  • Makes the boxes come out to be around $13 each if you pick new ones - depending on your location and size it can make them quite cheap. 

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
frugalmama is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off