2011 Frugal Xmas (and other holidays) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 98 Old 12-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We got our M&D order from Bloomingdales, but we got the big work bench and not the smaller boxed sets.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#92 of 98 Old 12-07-2011, 08:46 PM

My kid's Godparents are frothing at the mouth for the fig preserves I made...just like my grandmother made(May she RIP). It is such a hit! I also say they must return the jar if the expect a refill of something next year. :)

praying.gif Angela married to DHsuperhero.gif......DDguitar.gif age 7 , DDblowkiss.gif age 5 ,  DSsleepytime.gif age 4 and sadly 2 angel.gif  in heaven, Catholic and ribbonwhite.gif with a dash of crunch: hang.gif    chicken3.gif  homeschool.gif

#93 of 98 Old 12-08-2011, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothnurse3 View Post

My kid's Godparents are frothing at the mouth for the fig preserves I made...just like my grandmother made(May she RIP). It is such a hit! I also say they must return the jar if the expect a refill of something next year. :)

Getting the jars back is the hardest part... most people don't know about canning etiquette anymore. :-) But getting more of your preserves should be sufficient motivation! Care to share the recipe?

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#94 of 98 Old 12-08-2011, 06:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)

Quote:
Getting the jars back is the hardest part... most people don't know about canning etiquette anymore. :-)

the best is when they tell you they "recycled" the jar and hand you back the lid (with NO ring!! - because the also recycled that!!)

I have removed these people from my list-they don't get it and they DO NOT get the TIME I put into it!

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#95 of 98 Old 12-08-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

the best is when they tell you they "recycled" the jar and hand you back the lid (with NO ring!! - because the also recycled that!!)

I have removed these people from my list-they don't get it and they DO NOT get the TIME I put into it!

That is so frustrating! I give people one shot - I'll ask for the jars back twice, educating them on return policy after the first time. If the jars don't return after that, they're out of the loop! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#96 of 98 Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Getting the jars back is the hardest part... most people don't know about canning etiquette anymore. :-) But getting more of your preserves should be sufficient motivation! Care to share the recipe?

That is so frustrating! I always ask for the jar and ring back, but most people don't bother. Now if they give it back with their homemade preserves in it, I'm good with that. smile.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#97 of 98 Old 12-08-2011, 04:26 PM

I just looked thru all these and found 8 to get tomorrow!  Thanks! There was even a violin one for my daughter! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post

I had to pass this on.... I got my daughter a watch for $3.16 on this site. They are a bit commercial but for this price, I can handle that. They have Hello Kitty, Angry Birds, Ben 10, Spiderman and some others. I can't remember all of them but the majority of them are under $5 with free shipping. I got mine in a little under a week and DD will love it. smile.gif
http://www.focalprice.com/search.html?keyword=kitty&categoryid=010008&source=CJ

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#98 of 98 Old 12-11-2011, 12:43 PM

Another deal for the gardeners - Peaceful Valley seed packets are only $0.99 - that's more than half off! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page