What do you feel are "reasonable" costs? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 11-16-2011, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special): I love Nordstroms!  I have gotten great deals on shirts for work maybe  9 to 15 bucks!
Pants: I shop around so 10 to 35 at the most.  If it's jeans I'll spend a little more since my jeans live with me for life!
Shoes: I shop for shoes when they have the good deals.  So 15 to 30 is a good average if it's buy one get one half off.
A haircut: 10, I won't spend more.  I once spent 180 on a high end haircut that looked like I let my kid do it with toddler scissors! 
A massage: In my area you can get 30 dollar deals at good salons.  Theres a lot of them so you could get that deal practically weekly if you move around.  I don't get them though. 
Nails or pedicure: Won't spend money on that
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.): Maybe 10 for a drop in class but we're not going to anything seriously right now.
A toy: Toys get bought on holidays only.  And if it's a reasonable request it's yours.  20 limit
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse: We don't do this.  We're lame

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 57 Old 11-16-2011, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I do most of our shopping at thrift stores

Shirts- $3-6

Pants-$4-$8

Shoes- $3-20

Night out- free( I am dating someone and he takes care of that)  but I think he usually spends about $150- $200 he likes fancy dinners

Night out with kids- $30- $14 for 2 hours of fun at Extreme sports kid fun place their favo thing to do!!!

Mani Pedi- I get one in the summer as a big splurge and I think I pay around 40-50 for it.... but I get  french tips( I think that's what its called)

massage- $40/hr- I live in chronic pain so do this a few times when things get bad

Tho my new boyfriend has a massage table so I think it will become free soon he has offered.

hair cut- 12. I have long long hair and my friend is a licensed cosmetologist and she does it out of her home and charges everyone @12. Its great and

she lives down the street- tho I only get it done every few weeks.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#33 of 57 Old 11-16-2011, 12:38 PM

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special) $10
Pants $20
Shoes $15 (sneakers) $30 (dress shoes)
A haircut $15
A massage $100 although I'm sure I'll never get one!
Nails or pedicure $30 for both
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.) $5 reasonably but they cost like $35 by me so we don't do them :(
A toy $15+ but we buy quality not quantity so they will last for multiple children
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse $40

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#34 of 57 Old 11-16-2011, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

i have a question for you guys about toys as i was just glancing at the toys list.

do the toys get more expensive as the kids grow older?

or do u think its a personality thing that a particular kid likes.

my dd is 9. the kind of toys i'd like to get her are all over 50 bucks. adn rarely found at thrift stores. so she doesnt really get toys but i get her little treats for her hobby which i can afford at garage sales like knives and aprons and kitchenware. she does use a lot of untoy things as toys.

you can only get so many books.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#35 of 57 Old 11-16-2011, 03:29 PM

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special)-$25
Pants-$30-100 depending (If you can find good jeans that fit it's worth the price in my opinion)
Shoes-$30-100 (good running sneaks are worth it too)
A haircut-$40 (I tell them not to blow dry/style if I am just going home.  Saves money)
A massage-$80/hr
Nails or pedicure-$25/30
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.)- around$17
A toy-depends
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse-$150 for sitter, dinner, and dessert/drinks somewhere else

#36 of 57 Old 11-16-2011, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special) - 50 cents to $5
Pants $20 (i have a really big butt)
Shoes $100 - prone to plantar fasciitis and shin splints. i buy klogs and asics.
A haircut - 20-30
A massage $0
Nails or pedicure $0
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.) depends on the type of class, and my child's interest. anywhere from $5 to $15
A toy well... we spend up to $150 on huge lego sets so....
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse $0 these days. i suspect $40 is ok.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#37 of 57 Old 11-16-2011, 05:33 PM

I like finding quality products because I know some things are an investment and I will be spending less in the long run if I pay more up front. Example: jeans for me. I have long legs and really like jeans that fit my body well and are comfortable, so I will spend $100 on a pair of jeans, I think $50 would be deemed reasonable and quality will be better than most, but some of my favorite brands are closer to $100 so I will spend that..

A shirt - $15-$25 for a good shirt, if it's a basic no-frills tee, then $5 (like at kohls).

Pants - $50

Shoes - $40

A Haircut - $30

A massage - $45

Nails/Pedi - $35 for both

1-hour class - $20

A Toy - this really depends on the toy. I like high-quality non mass-marketed plastic junk (like fischer price). I like the handmade wooden toys off etsy stores, so I would say maybe $20?

Monthly night out - we prefer not to spend more than $50 on date night.

#38 of 57 Old 11-17-2011, 12:25 AM

Even before I moved to an area that has lots of good second hand stores, it was a contest between me and my sister to see who could get the best deals. I do not buy anything new that I don't have to. I try to only buy the color tag that is half off at second hand stores! I guess years of competing with my sister and our motto being "never pay retail" made me simply hate to pay what the sticker says :)  When we do buy new, my husband swears I can smell the clearance stickers - I will randomly turn down aisles because I can spot that red sticker at the very end

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special) $1-5
Pants $5
Shoes $2-10 (I have had great luck with second hand shoes for adults even)
A haircut - I have paid for a haircut 2 times in 31 years. I cut hair but we all haven't cut in years. IF I had to - $40?
A massage - 25 - I used to go to the school occasionally - that's it
Nails or pedicure - $15/$25 I think is the last I paid (before tip) but that was years ago
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.) $10
A toy - $5 (second hand)
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse - self $25, date night $50

#39 of 57 Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 AM

I find a lot of good old fashioned wooden toys at thrift stores! But my DD is 2 y/o so...

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#40 of 57 Old 11-17-2011, 08:16 PM

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special) Free or .50  I go to thrift that routinely has all clothing items for .50 and try not to buy anywhere but there
Pants--see above
Shoes--$20-50 or more I buy myself good shoes as I wear forever kids less so especially growing feet!
A haircut--I do ours
A massage--wouldn't ever get one
Nails or pedicure--I MISS getting my nails done. I used to pay $35 every 3 weeks and I loved it, but it felt like a ridulous waste of money so I don't any more
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.) Try to do free, but would pay whatever if it was something they had really been wanting to explore
A toy Try free, but depends on item and play value. Might spend $20-50 if it was something they'd use a lot and it would last
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse  $20-40

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#41 of 57 Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 PM

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special)  free--or up to $5 from the thrift shop if it was something awesome like a name-brand nursing top
Pants again, free to $5.
Shoes  generic/kids' shoes? no more than $20.  if they were running shoes/quality/well-made/designed for foot health, well...up to $100 I guess.  Not that I can afford that, but that's one area I think it's worth it to not scrimp.  Also, quality shoes can last ten years as opposed to one season, yk?
A haircut  Google how to cut your own hair.  Nobody in my family's paid for haircuts in like 7 years.  Even if you DIY and mess it up, and THEN pay for a cheap fix-cut (say $10), at least you tried to be frugal first! 
A massage  Find massage therapists that are open to barter, and leverage what you've got!  

Nails or pedicure  DIY or barter
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.)  Depends hugely on what it is, how qualified the teacher is, how much your kids are enjoying/getting out of it, and of course how often he/she is going.  For a class that was 1 hour a week, I wouldn't spend more than $40/month personally--but YMMV.  
A toy  Again, depends hugely on the age of the child, the type of toy, how durable/long-lasting it will be, etc etc.  I would spend $$$ on a sturdy wooden handmade thing that my kids woudl adore and that would last for years...but not on a $50 hunk o'plastic that would sit un-played-with a week after purchase.  Gnerally the older the kid, the more I take their opinion into account.  I won't spend the same on my 4yo as on my 12yo, yk?
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse  Ideally nothing, or rather, the cost of groceries to make a good dinner together, and maybe a cheap bottle of wine.  We might go to the theatre once or twice a year, and that will be just the tickets.  We spend a lot of time at home instead of going out.

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#42 of 57 Old 11-18-2011, 10:57 AM

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special)  I buy $6 long sleeved t-shirts at Target.  Those are my favorite.  I do usually layer with a $4 tank though- so really it is a $12 shirt I guess.
Pants  I only buy jeans I love and I only buy them when mine are looking really really bad.  But I spend good money on them.  $85.
Shoes  Depends.  I paid $200 for my leather exterior Uggs and they are fantastic.  Generally though I wear cowboy boots for about $125.
A haircut  $20 and she comes to my house.  
A massage n/a.
Nails or pedicure  The last pedi I had was $25.  That was reasonable.
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.)  No clue.
A toy Hmmm. That is such a broad range.  Depends on the toy.  I wouldn't spend $20 on a Ken doll for DD so I bought her the $5 and a separate outfit for $5.  But I have spent $40 on a die cast toy tractor for DS....
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse  I don't ever go out with friends- but DH and I will usually spend about $100 on a night out- but that includes gas since we live in the middle of nowhere.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#43 of 57 Old 11-20-2011, 12:33 PM

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special)   We buy used so I am going to say anywhere from a quarter to $3.
Pants I am spoiled because there is a thrift store in our area and it has extremely nice clothing for 25 cents.  So, again a quarter to $5
Shoes   quarter to $5
A haircut  we cut our own hair or a friend does it for us for free
A massage   I've never had one, but I think a dollar a minute sounds about right. 

Nails or pedicure  I've never had one, I've had fake nails before though and they cost about $25
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.)  $10
A toy   This is hard.  I just know that few toys are priced reasonably! :)  
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse  This is my Achilles' heel.  I spend about $15-$20 every two weeks on going out with friends.  Going out usually involves a pub/tavern with munchies and drinks.

flowersforyou.gif

#44 of 57 Old 11-20-2011, 03:36 PM

a shirt:  new - $10 or less, secondhand (usually the case here) $5 max, usually $3
Pants   new - $30, secondhand $5 max
Shoes  $30, sometimes $100 for a special kind that would last for several years
A haircut  maybe $20?  I've been cutting my own for years so I have no idea
A massage  $60-75 (if only this were in the budget winky.gif )
Nails or pedicure  I have no idea, maybe $10-15
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.)  Not really sure, I find around $25-35 for 5-6 classes pretty normal (thats . . . $5 or so a class)
A toy with no special reason max. of $12 (usually having dd buy it herself), for a holiday max. $35 or so (say for a big playmobil set)
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse  Usually we have 'nights in' with takeout and watch a movie we already have, so maybe $30, but I love $120 meals out at nice places that we used to do (and find that reasonable.

I'm enjoying the interesting thoughts of everyone about worth/value and wages.  May come back to think about those with you.

#45 of 57 Old 11-20-2011, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy View Post

I am just curious on the variation in what people consider "reasonable" costs for items & services -- the cost that you would pay and feel like the majority of people would be able to pay.
For ex., what would a reasonable cost be for:
A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special)
Pants
Shoes
A haircut
A massage
Nails or pedicure
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.)
A toy
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse
Feel free to add other items... Answer with the assumption that you'd spend money on those things, even though I know some people, myself included, don't actually spend on some of those!

A shirt : for girls $5- $10 for me $20-$30

shoes: for girls $30 for me $40-$100

pants : girls $10- $20 for me $30-$75

hair cut: girls $15 for me $20

color: $25

massage/nails - $0 This is not in my budget

class for the kids - also not in our budget

toy/book: $10-$30 (depends on the toy/book)

date with boyfriend: $50-$100 (dinner or movie)

evening out with a friend: $20

birthday party $100

gift for a friend: kids $15 my friend $20-$30

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#46 of 57 Old 11-20-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy View Post

I am just curious on the variation in what people consider "reasonable" costs for items & services -- the cost that you would pay and feel like the majority of people would be able to pay.
For ex., what would a reasonable cost be for:
A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special)
Pants
Shoes
A haircut
A massage
Nails or pedicure
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.)
A toy
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse
Feel free to add other items... Answer with the assumption that you'd spend money on those things, even though I know some people, myself included, don't actually spend on some of those!

Since you are saying everyday items - I buy almost all shirts and pants at Savers or Exchange stores.

Shirt - $10

Pants $15/20 

Shoes $80-$110  I'm fussy about my footwear but I only buy 1-2 pairs a year

Haircut - $30 - $35 but I only go 2x a year

Massage - $50/hour

Nails or pedicure - Don't do

Class for kid - $10-$14

Toy - $7.99

Night out once a month - $40

#47 of 57 Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka View Post

birthday party $100
gift for a friend: kids $15 my friend $20-$30

birthday party: maybe $40 if I'm providing lunch, favors, etc.
gift for a friend: kids $5 my friend $10-$20 (though that's after getting a good deal, so the gifts would originally be ~$15 for the kids and $30 for my friends)

I'll admit I'm jealous that some of you have 25-cent clothing stores!!! Even the cheapest thrift stores here don't tend to go lower than .99-$3.99 for shirts on half-off days, more for pants.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#48 of 57 Old 11-22-2011, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkaJones View Post

I've really been wanting to do this -- at least my own hair if not DHs.  Did you have a background in this?  It seems risky.  Or are there special tricks?

Thanks,

Anka

Oops, didn't see this for days.  Nope I have no special skill in cutting hair.  We have two boys and cutting boy's hair is not hard.  You can probably find a couple videos on youtube and that's all you need, plus scissors and trimmer of course.  DH and I have very long hair.  All we do is trim off the bottom couple inches every few months.  If your hair is at least mid-back length, you just need to comb it to as straight as possible, pull it tight and cut off some.  If you're doing  your own hair you need to divide it in the middle, pull each half to the front and cut in front of a mirror.  I can find some instruction online for you if you're interested. 

*I'm surprised at the thrift store prices you guys quoted.  Clothes here are usually priced from $4.99 to $8.99 for a regular adult's shirt and up to $12 for used jeans.  Kids clothes are cheaper but usually cost $3 -5 each.  I don't know what I'd do if I see clothes priced at 25 cents each.  I'd probably outfit our entire extended family. :D

Mom to 2 beautiful autistic boys (12 & 11)  
#49 of 57 Old 11-22-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poddi View Post

*I'm surprised at the thrift store prices you guys quoted.  Clothes here are usually priced from $4.99 to $8.99 for a regular adult's shirt and up to $12 for used jeans.  Kids clothes are cheaper but usually cost $3 -5 each.  I don't know what I'd do if I see clothes priced at 25 cents each.  I'd probably outfit our entire extended family. :D

Yeah, same here. Thrift is not so thrifty here. I can get a new regular adult shirt for that much, and trying on is easier at a regular store.

#50 of 57 Old 11-22-2011, 08:31 AM

Same, here ... the thrift stores in my town charge the same amount for shirts that are on the sale or clearance racks in regular stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDouble View Post

Yeah, same here. Thrift is not so thrifty here. I can get a new regular adult shirt for that much, and trying on is easier at a regular store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poddi View Post

Oops, didn't see this for days.  Nope I have no special skill in cutting hair.  We have two boys and cutting boy's hair is not hard.  You can probably find a couple videos on youtube and that's all you need, plus scissors and trimmer of course.  DH and I have very long hair.  All we do is trim off the bottom couple inches every few months.  If your hair is at least mid-back length, you just need to comb it to as straight as possible, pull it tight and cut off some.  If you're doing  your own hair you need to divide it in the middle, pull each half to the front and cut in front of a mirror.  I can find some instruction online for you if you're interested. 

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#51 of 57 Old 11-22-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:

at some thrift stores selling a bit more modern fashion that is the same in my city too. 

yet its still better quality you get at the thrift store. i have seen the clearance rack at the store has low quality stuff - definitely not top quality unless of course its either uncommon sizes. by quality i mean say forever21 - sweatshop low quality products but smart looking.

i have bought (or rather a friend who knows better than me and its her hobby) has bought me stuff from thrift stores that has lasted me quite a while. if i buy a shirt of that amount at target they look washed out after a few washes. however my favourite are ethnic clothes at the thrift stores. i find a LOT of asian outfits. i wish i would find some south american ones too. once in a rare while i do and also from africa. love the african prints. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#52 of 57 Old 11-22-2011, 09:16 AM

:

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special) - $10
Pants - $20
Shoes - $30
A haircut - $15
A massage - $1/minute
Nails or pedicure - $25
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.) - $10??  We aren't there yet
A toy - $5-$30
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse - $50 with spouse, $20-$30 with friends

I've had a massage a couple times, I get cheap haircuts once a year, I've gotten a pedicure a few times, but nothing regular.  I think $30 is on the high end for a toy at this point, but my kids are little. 

Mama to three

#53 of 57 Old 11-22-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post

yet its still better quality you get at the thrift store. i have seen the clearance rack at the store has low quality stuff - definitely not top quality unless of course its either uncommon sizes. by quality i mean say forever21 - sweatshop low quality products but smart looking.

I've been the queen of sales when I wasn't working full time plus overtime - my "disposable income" grew significantly from sales. Beautifully tailored $159 lined silk dresses for $14, $129 silk dress and jacket ensemble for $11 or $12. Seriously, I'm spoiled. Thrifting would not work like this where I live. Sigh.

#54 of 57 Old 11-22-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:

I've been the queen of sales when I wasn't working full time plus overtime - my "disposable income" grew significantly from sales. Beautifully tailored $159 lined silk dresses for $14, $129 silk dress and jacket ensemble for $11 or $12. Seriously, I'm spoiled. Thrifting would not work like this where I live. Sigh.

see my friend is like you. she thrives on this kinda thing and being a teacher she finds blocks of time where she can do this. 

me i get overwhelmed. seriously. i'd rather pay 129 than wait for the sales and then sift through what they have. and since i dont have the 129 i cant buy it. i admire my friends who have the sale acumen. they keep an eye open on everything - sales and coupons. i cant live my life that way. i just cant do it. 

#55 of 57 Old 11-22-2011, 11:23 AM

We have the more expensive thrift stores around here as well, but I only shop at them on half off sales days and I am very choosy with what I buy.  Our quarter store used to be a dime store!  It's in a affluent college community and tends to have really nice stuff, it's my favorite thrift store in our area not just because of the price but the selection.

My mother claims she can get things new as cheaply as shopping at a thrift store, also. (Not the quarter store - but other thrift stores.)  But, it's far too much work for me.  She used to work in a mall and she would stalk sales and clearance racks at least a few times a week.  She has some awesome deals to show for it but I just can't spend that much time in stores and I am not that organized.

flowersforyou.gif

#56 of 57 Old 11-22-2011, 12:48 PM

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special) I make most of mine.  A shirt might run me $10 depending on fabric but I can wear one I make for 4-5 years before it starts falling apart.

Pants I don't wear 'em.  I wear skirts and dresses and jumpers.  They cost more than a shirt because of the fabric weight so I'd say maybe $30 for a denim jumper that lasts for 5 or 6 years before I give it away.

Shoes  Now these I splurge on.  I have to.  I have EEE feet, high arches, wide insteps, and a bunion on my right big toe.  I spent $69 on my Birkenstock sandals 7 years ago and I'm still wearing them.  I paid $109 on my Birkenstock clogs the same year....still wearing them.  I got some New Balance tennies at the outlet store for $59 3 years ago.  My boots were $45 on clearance 3 years ago. 

A haircut  Um....my daughter is a cosmetologist.  That's free for me.

A massage  If I need one, I go to the chiropractor and get a therapeutic one for a $15 copay.

Nails or pedicure  See the comment in the haircut question above.

A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.)  All grown and gone.  My oldest daughter did take music lessons, for which she got scholarships and I paid I think $10 for the semseter.   When I was in nursing school we got a family scholarship to the YMCA for 3 or 4 years that included vouchers so I got them swimming lessons every summer with those.  Classes, other than those, were a luxury we couldn't indulge in.

A toy  I haven't paid more than $25 for any toy.  I get them on sale, on clearance, or second hand. 

A monthly night out with friends or your spouse  Monthly?  It's been at least a year since we've been out to eat.  I'm disabled and loud sounds or noise can trigger a lot of pain so that eliminates most restaurants.  We did go to a couple concerts last year - Celtic Thunder and Celtic Woman; they were about $120 total each, so that's what, an average of $20 a month if you spread it out over the year.  This year we haven't been to any.  The transmission on my car ate up our expendable income and then some.  If we want to do something special I make a homemade pizza or two and we watch a movieWe never even went on a honeymoon and don't go on vacation either.  It's just not in the budget.

Trisha

#57 of 57 Old 11-29-2011, 06:19 PM

A shirt (everyday clothes, nothing special) - less than $5
Pants - less than $5
Shoes - before my accident, I never spent more $20 on a pair of target slip on shoes; but now I have a life altering foot injury and had to pay $50 for one pair of sneakers!
A haircut - $20
A massage - $60/hour
Nails or pedicure - $25
A 1-hour class for your kid (music/dance/art/yoga/karate/etc.) - umm...not sure
A toy - varies wildly...would spend a decent amount on highly desired quality items, but we don't really buy alot of toys. thrift store $1 - $5, I guess.  
A monthly night out with friends or your spouse - ha! babysitting would be $50, movie would be $30, dinner would be $60...I don't think we have actually ever done that, though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page