*~*~*2012 Low Income Support Group*~*~* - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 333 Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I;m thinking of contacting Book Samaratian to see if they have anything that DS would use for 'school'.  He is reading books so quickly and he is really wanting to 'keep' them.  I can't afford to buy them at this rate.  He is also going to need books for upcoming CTY classes (high school math and science) so I figure it's worth a shot.

Also DS, a newly minted 12 yr old has decided he now wants/NEEDS adult books.  Book #1 is 'Douglas Adams' The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe'   This one won't last him a week.

I guess I can try Book Sam and see what they say.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#302 of 333 Old 10-02-2012, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

i havent posted on here for awhile.  in most ways webarendoing better than ever.  we are no longer on food stamps, we could afford to move to a bigger apartment, and we were starting to save.  but now we are just having a run of bad luck.  first, the vacuum died.  then, our car started giving us issues.  its now a pretty paperweight in our parking lot.  we live in a rural area so having a car is necessary.  now we have to figure out whether to put in another engine or to try to get another car completely.   we are looking at financing, but we have no idea what we will be offered.  in the meantime hubby has rideo work and i have rides to the store.  also right now my kids are technically uninsured since our application for renewal still hasn't been approved.  my husband was approved for a medical credit card when he wentnto the dentist, but didnt use it, so worse case scenerio we have that, and hospital charity care.  hopefully that is resolved soon.

#303 of 333 Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Well, one of DH's business cronies has been recommending DH to his clients, and now we have a lot of work coming in. Which is GREAT! It'll take me a while to get used to his working longer hours again, though. :)

In other news, our supermarket is doing a 50-cents-a-litre-off-fuel-if-you-spend-$400 thing. So we're going to do a massive shop, enough for the next several weeks (minus fresh veggies and dairy, of course). It's quite exciting. We'll go on Tuesday, which is the cheapest day. I'm making an enormous list... the hard part will be being frugal, not using it as an excuse to buy a bunch of luxury items.

What else? I'm trying to step up my freelance writing a bit; I have a pitch half-written for an Australian parenting magazine which pays more than I'm used to being paid. :p I've always been a bit nervous about pitching to overseas magazines (and the few times I've tried it, it hasn't worked!), but they do tend to pay better. New Zealand isn't exactly the hub of the magazine world.

Found out one of our power meters is uncontrolled when it should be controlled - no idea what that means, but according to DH it goes some way towards explaining our massive power bills, and may mean we get a rebate. Yay!

Hope you're all doing well. :) Christmas is looming up fast, isn't it? I have all these gradiose plans for homemade gifts, but I REALLY need to get onto them...

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#304 of 333 Old 10-09-2012, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

In other news, our supermarket is doing a 50-cents-a-litre-off-fuel-if-you-spend-$400 thing. So we're going to do a massive shop, enough for the next several weeks (minus fresh veggies and dairy, of course). It's quite exciting. We'll go on Tuesday, which is the cheapest day. I'm making an enormous list... the hard part will be being frugal, not using it as an excuse to buy a bunch of luxury items.

Our supermarket does the same, 50 cents a gallon if you spend $100. It's been a real help. Dh and I manage to squeeze a lot out of each coupon.  We take both cars at once and fill them up on one coupon.  It's been effective for the grocery store, too. It's the more expensive store with lots of unnecessary services that I don't use.  Without the coupon I'd shop someplace cheaper.

Sadly, they're increasing the threshold to $150 next week, and they eliminated milk from the list of applicable items. 

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#305 of 333 Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM

Wow, that's not bad! We shop at the dirt cheap, pack-your-own-groceries supermarket, and usually you get either 4 or 6 cents off a litre. 20 cents as a special promotion. The only reason they're doing 50 cents off is because it's their 20-year anniversary.

We did it, anyway. DH came along, we used two trolleys, and he carefully added everything up on his phone as we went. He still managed to get the total wrong by $11, mind you! :p The sad part was how EASY it was to spend that much. I was kinda hoping we'd hit $300 and be all "Well, we have everything we need, let's stock up on 8 more roast chickens"... but no. We got plenty, but we'll still need to be careful to make it last four weeks. Oh well, it was kind of fun!

I have a bit of Gainful Employ looming. A few shifts next week at the Academic Dress Hire place, handing out truncheons to graduands; and then in November, a few weeks of scrutineering end-of-year exams at a high school. I'm not sure whether or not it's actually worth it, stress-wise; DH hates having to watch the kids for 4 hours at a time, and while it would have been a no-brainer when he was short on work, he's now swimming in it. (Which is grand, don't get me wrong...)

Hopefully he can adjust his work habits so he catches up on his work later at night instead of watching ER with me; which will free me up for sewing Christmas presents. That'd be good, really. I always mean to sew at night, but when DH offers to flop on the couch with me and stare mindlessly at a screen, I don't generally have the oomph to be virtuous.

And my little income should pay for DH's Christmas present... if I can figure out what to buy him.

#306 of 333 Old 10-15-2012, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How is Christmas planning going for everyone??

: :Mama to 4 girls and Michael is here 9/11/09 We love :::
#307 of 333 Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Christmas will be small this year again.  Smaller than last year.  But last year was a beautiful Christmas even though it was smaller.  We had a lovely homemade breakfast, spent all morning hanging out playing with  toys, and enjoying each other's company.  This year will be a little smaller probably but I plan on doing the same homemade cinnamon rolls and decorating a small real tree and hopefully it'll be a white Christmas and we can enjoy time outside in the snow.  I'm yardsaling for presents right now and have a small amt of clothing for each child already  Need some fun presents too of course.  

The fall garden is coming right along with lots of kale and carrots and potatoes and peas.  My broccoli fell prey to cabbage loopers unfortunately though.  I managed to get a good amt canned and frozen from the garden and wild foraging and farmer's market deals this summer so we'll eat well this winter hopefully.  And my school year babysitting job(before school care) started back up again which gives us a little more cash.  And I was pleasantly surprised to see that when I got out the bins of winter clothing, each child was already set with clothing, snow boots, snow pants, and a winter jacket.  I made them each a hat and mittens last Christmas so we are set there too.  Feeling awfully blessed and cared for in that respect.  I won't have to worry about anyone being cold which is nice.  joy.gif

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#308 of 333 Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM

i was able to get most of the childrens gifts for free, thanks to a referral bonus from our bank.  i have a good deal of other presents bought as well, thanks to shopping throughout the year and yardsaling.  we have a pretty nice sized list of people to shop for though (about twenty)  so it gets pricey fast.  oh, and both my childrens birthdays are a week before christmas.  i am hoping to get a few more gift cards from our bank rewards and swagbucking, so that will help hopefully. 

our car has been out of comission nearly a month now.  we have been going through the stress of trying to finance something new.  my husband doesnt have the best credit but has a stable job and my parents, with perfect credit, have offered to cosign.  it is still hard going though, and finding money for downpayment ane taxws, plus insurance, is weighing on me hard.  i am seriously considering buying my sisters clunker from her until tax time, but there is family pressure to buy now.

#309 of 333 Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 PM

The Holidays are going to be stressful/hard for us this year with everything going on, and not much money.  We're expecting a baby any time over the next 3 weeks, so that is going to be a big change.  We're using cloth diapers and I am breastfeeding to help lower costs of a new little one, but as we all know, money still goes fast with a new baby.  I'm also going to have to take time off work with the baby so that will cut into what we have available to work with significantly.  I'm trying to get in as many hours as I can now, but it is hard with so little energy in my last month.  We also have TONNNS of birthdays: hubby, mom, my best friend, 5 of my friend's kids, my daughter, my MIL, and my FIL, all before Christmas.  Then of course there is Thanksgiving too!

I've been shopping at our local thrift store now and then to find little things we can wrap up for gifts.  I've found a few things.  I got MIL a Thomas Kinkade collectors plate that hangs on the wall.  When I wrap it up pretty she'll probably love it.  I am going to re-paint a frame, and print some photos of my friend's kids to give her for Christmas.  I'm planning to make some baked goods as well, though I always feel the pressure to do more than that. 

I'm working on doing some trades for items, but we'll see how that works out.

#310 of 333 Old 10-16-2012, 12:17 AM

well, just talked to the hubs.  we crunched the numbers and its not possible for us to finance a car at all.  so now i have to talk my sister into letting us buy her old van.  we can pay for that in cash right now, but we have to see if it will pass inspections or what it should need.  i am bummed but also relieved to not have a large monthly payment looming over my head.  we have accomplished a lot financially this year.  we have gotten off food stamps, we are working in a budget, we have gotten our grocery budget under control.  now after the car issue is temporarily resolved we can work on savings so when taxes come we can buy a car outright.  ugh, we have had lousy luck with cehicles but we live in a rural area.

#311 of 333 Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 AM

Christmas is always an interesting time around here.  I am blessed with kids that know sometimes they are blessed with  a gift or 2 and sometimes not.  They don't seem to mind much.  We focus so much on our faith and family time toys seem to just be an added bonus.

: :Mama to 4 girls and Michael is here 9/11/09 We love :::
#312 of 333 Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 PM

I just wanted to say that you have done an awesome job happyhats!!  We've made progress this year too, and it is incredible to look back and see what has changed.  I don't have to go to the food bank anymore, and that is a wonderful feeling. :)

#313 of 333 Old 10-18-2012, 09:47 PM

I have no idea what I'm going to do for Christmas.  DS is 12 and while he doesn't really have 'wants' anymore.  He has expensive 'likes'.  I haven't had good luck with employment since moving back to AZ but it was best for our mental health.  I still can't afford our own apartment.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#314 of 333 Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 PM

thanks greenmamato2,  i feel pretty blessed.   seriously, when the hubs and I got together we were literally homeless.  Even after getting an apartment there were the food banks, the ekectrical assistance, even tanf for a few months.  Myhubby didnt have a job the first seven months of dd's life and we lived off 500 a month.  Now hubby has stable work, we are almost assistace free (we still have state ins for the kids but we have to pay a premium), and we did end up financing the vehicle after all. So now things are a bit tight but we will be fine as long as we budget more strictly.  

Doesnt help this year but next year i am so getting a christmas club account.

#315 of 333 Old 10-19-2012, 02:14 PM

Zebra15 - have you checked out slickdeals.net?  I have to be careful because it is hard not to spend $ here and there on really good deals, but if you are judicious with it, you can find some nice things.  For example, two of our friends' kids are boys just a bit younger than yours, and both have pretty expensive likes as well.  We usually do Christmas morning with this family, so we always do nice gifts for everyone, but are really tight on funds this year.  One of the things they're really into right now is Call of Duty for XBox.  Of course everything Call of Duty is expensive, and they don't want a lot of the cheaper stuff.  I noticed on SlickDeals today that there is a set of $100 headphones for $12 with free shipping.  I'm going to talk to hubby and see if that can be our big Christmas presents to each of them, since I know they have MP3 players already that they could use them on.  It can be worth it to check that site for deals, because you never know what you'll find, and sometimes things that "seem" expensive can really be pretty cheap if you find the right deal!

#316 of 333 Old 10-19-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post

I have no idea what I'm going to do for Christmas.  DS is 12 and while he doesn't really have 'wants' anymore.  He has expensive 'likes'.  I haven't had good luck with employment since moving back to AZ but it was best for our mental health.  I still can't afford our own apartment.

UGH.  Right there with you.  My oldest girl is 12 too and has the same thing.  My only saving grace is that she adores reading and drawing.  And those things are fairly cheap.  I can get Barnes and Noble gift cards through swagbucks for nook books and there's always ways to find art supplies cheap.  It was so much easier when she was little and easily impressed.  She's a good kid, don't get me wrong.  She understands lack of cash flow and she's not a brat......but I know she'd love some of the fancy expensive things her friends have like tablets and ipod touches and such.

#317 of 333 Old 10-20-2012, 01:30 PM

Do any of you mystery shop? I've gotten so many nice Christmas presents and "extras" from mystery shopping - and there would be a billion more opportunities for it in the USA, I imagine.

So far my mystery shopping haul for DD includes:

-a fancy notepad with scrapbooking-type paper from kikki.k

-a marble game

-pack of undies

-a few lots of hairties

-a comb

And I got two nice button-up shirts for DS last week, on deep discount and through mystery shopping, for $2. Also a free bottle of rum. :p

So yeah, not so good for expensive wants - I doubt you could get an iPod Touch! - but good for stocking stuffers and general homeware-you-couldn't-otherwise-afford, or free meals, and that kind of thing. I did some grocery store ones awhile back that got me $20 or so of free groceries. And I replaced some teatowels, which I wouldn't have otherwise done... and bought some lettuce seedlings from a hardware store mystery shop... stuff like that. Fancy Vitamin D for the kids, once.

It's not "good" money, but it's fairly easy to obtain... you know?

#318 of 333 Old 10-20-2012, 02:51 PM

HA!  She's not getting an ipod touch.  I don't even have an ipod touch!  I have my sister's old nano for when I go running.  It's like one of the very first ones.

#319 of 333 Old 12-17-2012, 06:24 PM

Anyone still around? I think I have given up on the idea that we will ever get out of this hole. I think we will be 'low income' forever, even if I went back to work. Kind of sad!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#320 of 333 Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

Anyone still around? I think I have given up on the idea that we will ever get out of this hole. I think we will be 'low income' forever, even if I went back to work. Kind of sad!

I feel ya. It's Christmas time, Our van has cracked motor mounts and the truck has a blown gasket. Sigh.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#321 of 333 Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM

I'm still here.  You aren't the only ones still poor.  It's not temporary for us.  We've been dirt poor for 5 years and counting.  redface.gif  Christmas plans are coming right along.  Like I said a while back, it's gonna be small but I feel like the kids have at least one or two things each that they will enjoy.  It's just yardsale stuff but I have faith in them that they are grateful to receive anything(I hope).  Thanksgiving we never really celebrate and they go to their dad's house which they did also this year but the night before we were given a MASSIVE box(boxes) of food from our landlord's church.  It was absolutely everything you could need for cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  A giant 15lb turkey, fresh potatoes, apples, oranges, onions, celery, stuffing, tons of canned goods, pasta, a frozen pumpkin pie, jello, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, etc etc.  Literally 2 boxes and 2 bags STUFFED with food, multiples of each item.  We were blown away.  There was so much food we actually shared with another family.  So if Christmas is smaller this year, I'm okay with it because Thanksgiving was giant!  We will do our homemade cinnamon rolls that I prep the night before and bake in the morning.  I like that tradition and it's cheap.  thumb.gif  

#322 of 333 Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post

I'm still here.  You aren't the only ones still poor.  It's not temporary for us.  We've been dirt poor for 5 years and counting.  redface.gif  Christmas plans are coming right along.  Like I said a while back, it's gonna be small but I feel like the kids have at least one or two things each that they will enjoy.  It's just yardsale stuff but I have faith in them that they are grateful to receive anything(I hope).  Thanksgiving we never really celebrate and they go to their dad's house which they did also this year but the night before we were given a MASSIVE box(boxes) of food from our landlord's church.  It was absolutely everything you could need for cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  A giant 15lb turkey, fresh potatoes, apples, oranges, onions, celery, stuffing, tons of canned goods, pasta, a frozen pumpkin pie, jello, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, etc etc.  Literally 2 boxes and 2 bags STUFFED with food, multiples of each item.  We were blown away.  There was so much food we actually shared with another family.  So if Christmas is smaller this year, I'm okay with it because Thanksgiving was giant!  We will do our homemade cinnamon rolls that I prep the night before and bake in the morning.  I like that tradition and it's cheap.  thumb.gif  

That is awesome! I love hearing that kind of thing. I am starting to lose faith in the goodness of people anymore so that helps me.

We've had a rough few months even outside of finances. My aunt's long time boyfriend  and his son passed away all with in 6 months from the same form of cancer. My grandpa spent a month in the hospital and then passed away. Plus my uncle had the heart attack often refered to as 'the wdowmaker' because most people don't survive it. He did thankfully and is doing pretty well. My mom is in horrible pain and can't walk because she needs a hip replacement but her dr is making her lose weight before he will do it, but she can't exercise to lose weight and is stress eating with everything going on. My parents are on the verge of losing their business and home as well.

On the positive side I got a very small job watching kids at church each week. It isn't much but better than nothing. Hoping we can make it all stretch until we get a tax return. Well assuming it is a decent return in the 1st place.

Oh yeah, I may get a few thousand dollars from my grandpa's life insurance. This will be wonderfully helpful, but I am worried about food stamps and state medical coverage. Does anyone know if they will take them away if you get a small inheritance?

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#323 of 333 Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 PM

In so many ways things have improved for us. I feel truly blessed. On the other hand, I totally see thedivide between rich and poor. I guess I always thought once we were off of aid things would be so much better, but in fact they are still tight but just in a different way. Plus we had to take on a car payment. Its great we have the funds for that, dont get me wrong, and I am blessed to have family willing to cosign. But once we pay for car insuance and make the payment, plus buy groceries, we are just as broke as we were when we made less but were on aid. Oh, and now hubbys student aid is coming due.

We are comfortable right now since hubby is getting loads of overtime, but on the other hand I miss him and this holiday season has been stressful because of it. I also worry about the fact we currently dont have health insurance. We cant afford hubbys work insurance, but we dont qualify for anything else. Hopefully that will change in January when new plans come out. Oh, and we still havent come up with the taxes on said new car, and probably wont until tax time. Thats another stess.

Mac, they may expect you to spend your inheritance and show receipts. Some states do allow families to have savings though.

Justmama, thats so sweet for Thanksgiving, and also so sweet you shared.
#324 of 333 Old 12-19-2012, 04:42 PM
esg

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi. I think I've posted maybe once but I'm still here. I don't have much to report. We're still nowhere near where I'd like us to be but I'm sure we could all say the same. Anyway, just checking in.

Single mama by choice to sonbabyf.gif 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!

#325 of 333 Old 12-23-2012, 01:27 PM

I'm still poor too, but getting better!  Lost the house in a domestic violence situation 6 years ago and ever since its been rough, rents & housing have skyrocketed where we live.  I went from darn near self sufficient single mom - only $100 or so in food stamps, no other welfare, owning my own home, working full time to the whole kit & caboodle of public housing, medicaid, food stamps, etc.  

I am working my way off one program at a time.  I was thrilled this year to wave farewell to Toys for Tots and the phone program!  Yay!

I recently got a bit of a windfall and was able to buy a more reliable vehicle free and clear.  Yay!

Hope for good reports from others also :)

#326 of 333 Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 AM

I'm thinking we need a 2013 thread started..

So after paying all of our bills we have $540 left for everything else for 17 days. There are 4 of us. 2 adults and 2 toddlers. One of the toddlers eats as much as I do. This is my rough budget..how would you change it?

Gas- My husband's truck and the van (I need to use the van 6 days over this pay period, my DH needs to use his truck 11-12 days. Plus a roundtrip trip for dh back home and a 200 mi trip for me. I don't know if this is enough) : $240

Food/meds- I have to get some herbs for pregnancy, I'm having problems with my liver: $180

Personal- We each get $40, I'd sacrifice mine (and often do for food and such) but DH would never let go of his: $80

Fun- This is for stuff we do with the kids when DH has a day off or if we go out as a family for dinner: $40

Kids- Diapers/wipes/meds: $40

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#327 of 333 Old 12-28-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_mae_ View Post

I'm thinking we need a 2013 thread started..

So after paying all of our bills we have $540 left for everything else for 17 days. There are 4 of us. 2 adults and 2 toddlers. One of the toddlers eats as much as I do. This is my rough budget..how would you change it?

Gas- My husband's truck and the van (I need to use the van 6 days over this pay period, my DH needs to use his truck 11-12 days. Plus a roundtrip trip for dh back home and a 200 mi trip for me. I don't know if this is enough) : $240

Food/meds- I have to get some herbs for pregnancy, I'm having problems with my liver: $180

Personal- We each get $40, I'd sacrifice mine (and often do for food and such) but DH would never let go of his: $80

Fun- This is for stuff we do with the kids when DH has a day off or if we go out as a family for dinner: $40

Kids- Diapers/wipes/meds: $40

No personal, No fun  (thats $120 right there)   sorry ;(

Take the kids to the park ,the library etc. Tons of free stuff you can do.   DH does not need 'fun' money when there is no money.

As for us, still poor

Starting a new FULL TIME job right after the new year.  It's almost a liveable wage, and will end my food stamps and medical (pushing me right back into poverty).  I'm currently looking for a rental because couch surfing isn't good.

2013 is a time to work on my mental health and guide DS into the teen years.  OMG.

#328 of 333 Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post

No personal, No fun  (thats $120 right there)   sorry ;(
Take the kids to the park ,the library etc. Tons of free stuff you can do.   DH does not need 'fun' money when there is no money.

As for us, still poor
Starting a new FULL TIME job right after the new year.  It's almost a liveable wage, and will end my food stamps and medical (pushing me right back into poverty).  I'm currently looking for a rental because couch surfing isn't good.
2013 is a time to work on my mental health and guide DS into the teen years.  OMG.

$120 into gas/food? Or put aside?

#329 of 333 Old 12-28-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_mae_ View Post

$120 into gas/food? Or put aside?

I'd say use for gas/food if needed otherwise put aside and if it isn't needed then MAYBE a little fun money.

Also on your herbs have you shopped around for those? You maybe able to find better deals on line. http://mountainroseherbs.com/ or even amazon.com has some herbs

Zebra15: Congrats on the new job! I understand though about it being just enough to lose assistance and push you right back down.

#330 of 333 Old 12-28-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

I'd say use for gas/food if needed otherwise put aside and if it isn't needed then MAYBE a little fun money.

Also on your herbs have you shopped around for those? You maybe able to find better deals on line. http://mountainroseherbs.com/ or even amazon.com has some herbs

Zebra15: Congrats on the new job! I understand though about it being just enough to lose assistance and push you right back down.

I can definitely give up my personal money and the "fun" money but I feel like if I took away DHs personal money he'd just use the card anyway or use our credit card to spend money. Maybe I can get him to take $20 and put $100 aside for emergencies...

Plus I think we will use less for our food budget because we are well stocked..I'll just have to see!

I can already feel the stress of those last few days before payday. :(

Tags
Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page