Support for encountering people who have money don't remember what it's like NOT to have money - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 62 Old 01-02-2012, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramallama View Post

Maybe your friends are making an effort to include you and letting you decide if you can participate?  There was a time in my life when I was broke and people just wouldn't invite me and when I asked why they would exchange sideways glances and say, "well, we didn't think you could afford it."  Or I would be interested in doing an activity they were involved in and they would look embarrassed and say, "its kind of expensive........"  I found it insulting. Let me be the judge of what I can afford.  Personally I would rather be invited and then make the decision about whether to attend rather than just left off the list kwim?  Have you tried saying, "I can't make it to X, but why don't I host a game night or a knit night," or something and make it pot luck?

Yeah that totally makes sense & I'm glad they include me... but they also often do it with one-on-one get-togethers...

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 62 Old 01-02-2012, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy View Post

Yeah that totally makes sense & I'm glad they include me... but they also often do it with one-on-one get-togethers...

Like, let's the two of us go out for lunch, stuff like that?  Yeah, that is hard, I hear you. Its like they aren't paying attention to you as a friend and what is going on in your life right now.

crunchy_mommy likes this.

Tags
Finances , Frugality

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page