~ March No-Spend Challenge ~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 92 Old 03-30-2012, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Today I totally lost momentum and decided to get Starbucks with quarters from my change jar.  I got there, the barista said, "Hi!  we've missed you!" (yes, I have a coffee addiction...) and then comped my drink!!  That totally made my day!  I'm going to spend some money tonight on an abdominal support.  My midwife recommended it at my appointment on Monday, and I've been having lots of ligament pain because my abs are just SO shot.  At this point, it's more of a necessary medical expense, and I don't plan on getting anything else while I'm out.

Tomorrow is farmer's market day, but groceries are budgeted.  Need to make my meal plan for the coming week so I don't buy things I won't use.

3/25 - thumb.gif cooked dinner and had enough leftovers to freeze two portions for homemade "Lean Cuisines" for later.  It was a day off, so I didn't have to worry about taking lunch to work.  Also tossed the chicken bones into the crockpot with veggie scraps I'd been saving in the freezer for homemade broth.

3/26 - thumb.gif $60 at Meijer for some groceries.  Made quesadillas, mexican rice, and refried beans for dinner.  LOTS of leftovers.  Fried up some bacon to use for sandwiches/breakfast burritos later this week.  Canned the chicken broth.  Day off, so no work lunch.

3/27 - irked.gif New fan.  Packed lunch for DS and I to take to the babysitters (quesadillas), then packed dinner for myself to take to work (salad, apple, and chili from the freezer).  Plenty of leftovers at home for DH and DS tonight.

3/28 - thumb.gif  Went to movies with DH, but this was a planned date night from a while back.  Ate dinner at a friend's party, then smuggled our own snacks in to the theatre.

3/29 - thumb.gif  Co-worker brought in dinner for everyone, plus I packed a salad and other food.  DH and DS had leftovers.

3/30 - thumb.gif  Brought lunch, cooking dinner at home after work

3/31 - thumb.gif  projected

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#92 of 92 Old 03-31-2012, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Mar 1 -- thumb.gif

Mar 2 -- thumb.gif  

Mar 3 -- 9.54 3 pairs of jeans for dd, 10.60 goggles for lacrosse 

Mar 4 -- thumb.gif

Mar 5 -- thumb.gif

Mar 6 -- thumb.gif

Mar 7 -- thumb.gif

Mar 8 -- 3.00 snack for ds, 9.00 ice cream 

Mar 9 --  thumb.gif

Mar 10 -- 34.00 family day at the Eagle fesitval

Mar 11 -- thumb.gif

Mar 12 -- thumb.gif

Mar 13 -- 9.00 bathing suits for the younger boys

Mar 14 -- 4.50 spring baskets and juice glasses

Mar 15 -- thumb.gif

Mar 16 -- thumb.gif

Mar 17 -- thumb.gif

Mar 18 -- 128.00 bathing suits for me, dh, dd, and ds (returning 1 suit for $80 refund)

Mar 19 -- thumb.gif

Mar 20 -- thumb.gif

Mar 21 -- thumb.gif

Mar 22 -- thumb.gif

Mar 23 -- 3.00 movie rental

Mar 24 -- 3.00 movie rental

Mar 25 -- $$$ huge spending -- tow for the van, AAA membership

Mar 26 -- $$$ more spending for van repair and a stroller
Mar 27 -- thumb.gif
Mar 28 -- thumb.gif
Mar 29 -- thumb.gif
Mar 30 -- $50 pizza 
Mar 31 -- thumb.gif

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page