Good budgeting software? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-03-2012, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Do you have a favorite budget software? Please share! I am looking for a very simple (hopefully free) software, or even excel spreadsheet, to help me plan for the month.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations!

Mama by day, crafter by night. Midnight Stitches.blowkiss.gif

#2 of 7 Old 03-03-2012, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I love using "Open Office" and its Calc spreadsheet.  Go to openoffice.org to download and then you can access different budget templates that others have created, if you want.  I just use the spreadsheet as the budgets I have found have way to much going on in them.  Best part is it is all FREE!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#3 of 7 Old 03-04-2012, 11:35 AM

I LOVE Fortora Fresh Finance. I've been using it for years to manage my checkbook and credit cards, it's so easy to use with clean screens and easy to understand, unlike the other software out there. They have a Mac and PC version http://www.fortora.com

Good luck!! :)

#4 of 7 Old 03-04-2012, 11:46 AM

www.mint.com is very popular these days. And free.

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

#5 of 7 Old 03-05-2012, 02:23 PM

I used Mint for a couple months but it was a pia because my bank took forever to update & many times it all together refused to update angry.gif

The other thing that I didn't like is that you cannot budget for the next month, just the current month...So I'm back to Excel & I'm really happy with it!  I feel like I'm more in control and seeing where it all goes and I'm cutting back in some spots too.

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#6 of 7 Old 03-05-2012, 02:33 PM

I actually use google docs for my check register/budget. That way I can access it anywhere. It's shared with my husband and so he can view it anywhere, even on his phone, as well.

It's just a running spreadsheet with:

date     check #     place     amount    balance      cleared

I have all the current months running checking balance then a couple of spaces and upcoming bills written in. With their amount and the balance formula calculating all the way through. Spent money is highlighted and unspent money is not. I can easily see how much money I have, how much I have after budgeted expenses, what the budgeted expenses are, and how much is budgeted for each.

Since it isn't that secure I don't have account numbers anywhere in it.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
#7 of 7 Old 03-06-2012, 09:16 AM

I love pearbudget.com. It's so simple BUT it costs - 4.95 a month. After our free trial (30 days) I decided it was worth it because it was the only budgeting program I've found that was simple enough for me to keep using it.

Tags
Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page