Getting out of debt in MARCH! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 04-06-2012, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohaire View Post

Wow, congratulations! You must be so excited! I would be too! Suddenly things are different!

Sorry for your loss.

Yes, so different.  I need to reorganize our budget now. LOL  Thanks for the sympathies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

That is a great blessing mylilmonkeys!  I am so glad that you are able to move on with some of your financial goals.  I am sorry to hear of the loss in your family but it sounds like your Granny lived a good life.  Heaven can't some soon enough to be with the ones we love again.

She did have a very good life.  I'm so grateful that we have been in the area so that our kids could really know her.  Ours are the only great-grandkids that had that opportunity.  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#62 of 68 Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM

Praise God! Thats wonderful! I have been caring for my great grandmother in law this past week as my in laws are in the hospital. My FIL has terminal cancer and took a bad fall last week.

I have been doing in home care as a new part time job for a month now and have yet to see a darn paycheck. I plan on refunding the BEF I've been living on once they pay me all the back pay. Crossing my fingers, I just left a message with my clients social worker. Things are really tight right now.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#63 of 68 Old 04-09-2012, 05:53 PM

trekkingirl,

Sorry to hear about your FIL.  We lost my FIL to cancer three years ago next month.  My oldest son was so close to him.  We still miss him greatly.  

I hope your paycheck comes quickly!  I can't believe you're working so much with no pay.  That's outrageous!

#64 of 68 Old 04-10-2012, 03:24 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Hope your paycheck comes in soon, trekkin!  I can't believe people who think we can "wait" for our pay.

Last night was the end of the Dave Ramsey series of DVDs that my church put on.  It was on giving.  The beginning of the video had a story about people that had paid off $60K and had $10K to go in debt.  The couple were asked by couple B what they would do when they paid off their debt.  Couple A said buy a trampoline and then save up to adopt.  Couple B gave them a surprise of a trampoline and then a few days later wrote couple A a check for $10K to pay off their debt so couple A could save up to adopt.  Nine months later couple A had adopted a little girl.

I am trying to keep my DH gazelle intense about using money he has made from overtime to pay off debts because it looks like we will need some medical intervention of some kind to figure out why DH has no sperm in his sperm assay.  Divine intervention is needed as well.

Between that giving video and pictures I saw on facebook of grandparents with their grandkids for Easter and other people's pregnancy announcements, I was terribly upset and crying like I haven't done in 6 years.  I want to have a grandbaby for my mom.  I want to be able to announce my pregnancy and have all sorts of people happy for me.  It just doesn't seem fair that my DH and I will have to pay to make a baby when there are people out there that don't even care for their kids and get to make them for free.  Okay end rant.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#65 of 68 Old 04-10-2012, 03:25 PM

Oh, I am so sorry for your pain!  Are you at all familiar with FertilityCare and NaProTechnology?  I don't know if they could help your particular situation, but it is another alternative to explore. They are experienced at treating the underlying causes of infertility, rather than using procedures and medications to try to overcome without healing the underlying cause.

#66 of 68 Old 04-10-2012, 06:27 PM

mylilmonkeys, I looked at this site http://www.fertilitycare.org/ that linked from the one above and there is only one doctor and he is almost 2 hours away.  It looks like something that focuses more on me, than my husband.  I will look into it more.  Never hurts to explore options.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#67 of 68 Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

mylilmonkeys, I looked at this site http://www.fertilitycare.org/ that linked from the one above and there is only one doctor and he is almost 2 hours away.  It looks like something that focuses more on me, than my husband.  I will look into it more.  Never hurts to explore options.

It is too bad there are not more doctors who pursue this type of treatment!  It is not terribly well known, unfortunately.  So many just jump to IVF and donor sperm.  Two hours is a distance, but I've driven nearly as long just to get to my midwife.  And I know others have gone farther!  

#68 of 68 Old 04-11-2012, 05:52 PM

I think we will wait and see what the urologist says first, then explore NaPro some more.  More resources are always good.

Tags
Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page