What do I do?!?! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 05-02-2012, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sorry I made you feel bad. I was hoping you would feel a bit better about your situation if you heard about mine. If ever there was a place to complain MDC is that place!

To answer your question about another job...... I got another job through the state doing in home care. When all was said and done I worked my butt off for six weeks and the powers that be decided that my client needs to pay me the majority of my pay out of pocket. If I allowed him to do that he would get evicted because he wouldn't be able to pay his rent. Long story short, the state shafted me 2k for all my troubles. And I had to go though certification out of pocket.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#32 of 32 Old 06-02-2012, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

'Yes, we can get insurance through DH's company, the premiums are just really high. In fact, when he asked about adding us on last week, that was their response: "It's really expensive." (Uh, thanks, real helpful... he is trying to get a better answer out of them lol.) Utlimately, either COBRA or DH's plan would cost us the same, and his plan covers a bit more, so we'll go with that, even though neither option really leaves us room to pay for other bills...'

i don't know if you have checked into this but most states have a low income insurance that if you don't quailfy for the free insurance you might be able to quailfy for the low cost insurance. My dad retired wasn't old enough for medicare but didn't quailfy for no cost so the state did low cost insurance for 10 dollars a month. (he lives in massachuettes)

also not knowing your state it is hard but in texas they don't care about assets if you are only applying for snap(foodstamps) as long as you have a child under the age of 18. income does matter but assests do not.

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page