what do you buy on amazon? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-03-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are some good deals that you get on food or paper goods or other household stuff on amazon?

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#2 of 10 Old 06-03-2012, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I don't get food on Amazon, mainly because they don't take EBT benefits.  I have ordered dog treats (wheat free, chicken free - expensive store treats) that are much less $$ on amazon with out a problem.  I know people on here get laundry detergent etc.

I mainly use amazon for electronics/ video games for DS, holiday shopping, other 'stuff' we need but I won't get at a store since amazon is sales tax free for this area and I get free shipping.  I also love the free streaming!

I also know the amazon mom program offers discounts for diapers and kiddie stuff.  The buy more/save more, frequent shipping program is also good. AND you can cancel at anytime and still get the cheaper price!

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#3 of 10 Old 06-03-2012, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I get cheeses during cooler months (shipping is attrocious for it in the summer), castile soap, herbal mouthwash, specialty foods/Keats. We live in a very rural area in a very conservative state, so I get a lot of rice, etc. where here, we are stuck with white or brown... I like wild, purple, red, etc. Generally bulk items, as well... the nearest bulk store is a Sam's club an hour and a half away. I've always had REALLLY good experiences with ordering foods on amazon. We got a fresh rabbit once and the shipping company left it in a warehouse over the weekend YUCK! But the seller refunded the entire amount, no questions asked. I also get some electronics and other supplies. Again, good experiences. And books, of course. We have four devices with kindle and we use them for often.
swede likes this.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#4 of 10 Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 AM

Coconut oil, maple syrup, gluten free flour mix.  I haven't shopped for much, but sometimes there are some really great prices.

Mama to Ainsley (7/01) , Finley (10/06) and Jade (10/06)

#5 of 10 Old 06-04-2012, 12:45 PM

everything! Cloth diapers, coffee, toothpaste, laundry powder, gifts for others. Anything that I otherwise might go to a Target/Walmart type of store for, or even a specialty website. Always the best prices and free shipping.

chicken3.gif     2008.2011.2014      homeschool.gif
#6 of 10 Old 06-04-2012, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Seventh Generation diapers

organic beef jerky

all of the books I need for school

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#7 of 10 Old 06-06-2012, 04:15 AM

Anything I want that's "American". We live in Europe and there are some things I just like better/are cheaper through Amazon than in local stores. I am using Amazon less than when we lived in Japan though--crazy expensive over there

#8 of 10 Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 AM

We don't buy paper goods/TP on there (but I should look into it and price compare) but we do buy food in bulk from there.

Bobs Red Mill GF oats

Bobs Red Mill GF flours

ThinkThin GF protein bars (we're not trying to lose weight. we get them bc they're excellent protein and taste good)

Berrys Farm guar gum

Sunbutter

Bobs Red Mill ground flax seed mill

GrainBrain light buckwheat flour

I think that's it. It's cheaper to buy these things in bulk (for us) than in person.

#9 of 10 Old 06-14-2012, 09:46 PM

Nature Babycare diapers. We cloth diaper most of the time, but I have these for back up. I get these through their Subscribe and Save program and there is an addition % off from the Amazon Moms program. I get a case every few months. My other Subscribe and Save items are:

Preserve Toothbrushes

Seventh Generation Dishsoap

Scotchbrite Natural Fiber sponges

Biokleen Oxygen Bleach

Kiss My Face Shampoo

I used to get Seventh Generation wipes via Subscribe and Save, but I've moved to using cloth wipes 99.9% of the time. I don't find the cloth diaper prices on that site to be competitive for what I use.

Sometimes Subscribe and Save saves you a lot of money, but it can also cost you more than what you would pay in a regular store. I don't get toilet paper, paper towels, toothpaste, or tissues on Amazon because it is less expensive at my local stores.

I also use Amazon for videos, books, toys and occasionally clothing.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#10 of 10 Old 06-15-2012, 11:38 AM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Tons of stuff actually, a lot of natural household goods. Our local Whole Foods is actually pretty competitive with a case discount of 10% but if amazon drops below that or our local store stops carrying what we need I'd rather get it shipped in bulk. We always buy unscented and it can be tricky to track down that version or the 4x version of 7th gen laundry soap we need.

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page