Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citymomx3 View Post

Made some phone calls today:  

Got 1 loan down from 13% APR to 4.25% 

Got 1 cc down from 27% APR to 6%

Got another cc down from 20% APR to 8.75%

Got another cc down from 14% APR to 0%

And negotiated all of these with set low monthly payments!

I know we can do it.  No more messing around.

Those are HUGE strides forward! 27% down to 6% interest, just for making a phone call?! Awesome! That will make a big difference, and you won't feel so much like a hamster running on its wheel. And once you start seeing more of your money going toward the principal of your debts--and as a result you start seeing real progress being made--that will create more motivation for you to find whatever extra money you have to throw it at the debts. Great start!

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#32 of 38 Old 06-22-2012, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have really been focusing on saving for a house. Haven't put any extra money towards debts for a while now. My kids have really been missing a house. I've gotta get them out of this RV. Seems as though I'm the only one that enjoys it these days. I got another second job. Hopefully this one will actually pay money. Won't see any more income for a month though.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#33 of 38 Old 06-24-2012, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

trekkin, I hope your new job will pay you soon.

Working on getting our funds in place to attempt an IVF cycle.  Glad that insurance will cover 80% but still need to pay the 20% upfront before starting the cycle.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#34 of 38 Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteh View Post

Those are HUGE strides forward! 27% down to 6% interest, just for making a phone call?! Awesome! That will make a big difference, and you won't feel so much like a hamster running on its wheel. And once you start seeing more of your money going toward the principal of your debts--and as a result you start seeing real progress being made--that will create more motivation for you to find whatever extra money you have to throw it at the debts. Great start!

A hamster on a wheel is exactly what I feel like.  Hopefully now things will be way more manageable and I can finally see a light at the end of my long tunnel.  

Angela

DD(20) Hair Stylist in Manhattan

DD(17) Dancer at the (real) Fame school

DS(13) Martial artist & experiential homeschooler

#35 of 38 Old 06-26-2012, 01:41 PM

It's crazy the messes we get ourselves in! 

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#36 of 38 Old 06-29-2012, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I have been talking with my insurance company and figuring out what is covered by insurance and what isn't.  It looks like will need $2250 to start a cycle almost half of which is a ART case management fee that isn't covered by insurance but is required just to make an appointment for scheduling our month for the IVF cycle.

DH submitted a sperm sample to be frozen today - there were 5 moving sperm in his sample today, up from 1 moving sperm in the last SA.  Dr. wants him to submit another sample for freezing (and each freezing procedure costs $206 but we will do what is necessary have a baby.

Still working off our debt snowball and the extra money I am making this summer is going directly to our IVF fund.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#37 of 38 Old 07-05-2012, 03:26 PM
esg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Is there a July thread? I don't want to miss it if there is one.

I've been keeping up in June just not posting.

Single mama by choice to sonbabyf.gif 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!

#38 of 38 Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 PM

Yeah, we need a July thread! I've got a lot going on, and a lot to post, but I've been waiting for the July thread.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page