Websites for cheap wedding dress? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 09-04-2013, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got a white prom dress for around $100 and paid about $30 for some minor alterations. I had to go through a lot of dresses to find anything white, though. It was frustrating. But my budget at the time absolutely did not run to a $300+ dress from a bridal salon, so. 

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#32 of 34 Old 09-08-2013, 12:26 PM

i got my wedding dress from the fancy pants place in town.  they had a one day sale to get all of the old merchandise out and make room for new stuff.

My $1,400 dress was $199. =)

a friend got hers on ebay.  wedding was called off, and dress was never worn.  $200

Also, our goodwill ALWAYS has dresses.  The last place I lived, Goodwill NEVER had dresses.  Can you call neighboring towns and see if they get a lot of dresses

If you want a simple dress, definitely see if any bridesmaids or prom dresses fit the bill!

#33 of 34 Old 10-30-2013, 06:14 AM

I'm a bit late to this party, but for future brides looking for great deals on beautiful dresses here's an fyi:  www.bestdayweddingdresses.com.  Hope it might help others down the road.

#34 of 34 Old 11-03-2013, 09:46 PM

I also wanted a cheaper wedding dress, and wanted to side-step the cost of major alterations, so I got a dress commissioned from scratch. Because it was a simple (but very specific design) and I chose the simple fabrics, it kept the price down, but I still got a perfect fit WITHOUT spending hours and hours scouring for deals and then paying for piecemeal alterations. The time was more $$$ IMO than the extra cash I put out. All in all I paid $500 for labor and materials. 

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

Tags
Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page