November No-Spend Challenge ~ Don't let little purchases gobble gobble up your savings. - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 243 Old 11-13-2012, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No spend =  joy.gif

Budgeted spend = thumb.gif

Unbudgeted spend =  irked.gif

1.thumb.gif      Supper with my grandmother

2.joy.gif    No spend!  Yay me!  

3.irked.gif        Oh well...can't be good every day...

4.joy.gifNo spend!

5. irked.gif      Chicken feed, stock up on gasoline while it's down to $3.17/gal.  On the upside, resisted eating out for supper!

6.joy.gifNo spend!    4 out of 6 so far...pretty good!

7.  joy.gifWoohoo!   Tomorrow SHOULD BE a budgeted spend.  happytears.gif

8. irked.gif   Ordered new carpet for the LR.  Big spend!  Supper at McDonald's.  Will hope for a better day tomorrow.

9.  joy.gif  No spend!   6 out of 9

10.  irked.gif   Spent today (groceries, gas, breakfast, snack money for DS for his class, etc.)  

11.  irked.gif  Lunch at Arby's

12.  joy.gifNo spend!

13.  thumb.gif   Budgeted spend on school trip to Chicago.  Woohoo!

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#122 of 243 Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 PM

11/1: no spend shine.gif

11/2: no spend shine.gif

11/3: budgeted spending thumb.gif Costco $130 (once a month trip), Grocery store $42, Stamps $9, Gas $33

11/4: no spend shine.gif

11/5: no spend shine.gif

11/6: no spend shine.gif

11/7: no spend shine.gif

11/8: no spend shine.gif

11/9: no spend shine.gif

11/10: budgeted spending thumb.gif thrift store $13 - $3 (returned ski pants)

11/11: budgeted spending thumb.gif $57 groceries, $37 gas, Sheepish.gif $10 glass of wine (unbudgeted)

11/12: no spend shine.gif

11/13: no spend shine.gif

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

#123 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

I want my month to look like HoneyBee's.  You are ROCKING it!

#124 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

After a particularly gruelling workout, my car somehow went to Dunkin Donuts.  Not only did I buy donuts for the kids (and myself) but I bought Dunkin Donuts CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS as well.

That just makes no sense. 

I am a compulsive spender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

01..  thumb.gif

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $195 Christmas presents

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  thumb.gif

07..  thumb.gif  

08..  $87 Christmas cards and pictures

09..  $40 hair

10..  thumb.gif

11..  $15 ski repair

12..  thumb.gif

13..  $20 Fast  #@!!% Food

My goal = 20 No Spend Days

My progress =  8 thumb.gif days so far

#125 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

FIDO.

I have to forget about it and drive on.

I'm not going to let one little spending slip-up spoil my month.  I'm still on target for my 20 days spending goal.

#126 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 AM

Quote:

After a particularly gruelling workout, my car somehow went to Dunkin Donuts.  Not only did I buy donuts for the kids (and myself) but I bought Dunkin Donuts CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS as well.

Do you have a savings goal?  I swear I was the SAME exact way not very long ago and then magically, I decided that I had a real reason for saving money and voila! my spending has decreased.  I know that in order to reach my goals, I need to pay off my student loan, so that is what has been keeping me in check.  I also realized that I need to be a total homebody for that to happen, and I'm okay with that right now ;)  But really, the start is to recognize what you're spending and why and once you can figure that out, it will be easier for you to figure out how to prevent that spending from happening.  Easier said than done, I know that for sure!  You can do it, though! :)

#127 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 04:59 AM

Oh, and the other key for me in the last couple of months has been a sinking fund.  Every month, I put a set amount in that fund (I opened a free checking account with no debit card or checks, just so that I am able to see what's in there and when I need to spend it, I just transfer money to my regular checking account).  That money is where things like Christmas presents, car expenses, necessary shoes/clothes, and things like that come out of.  It's been working really well!  That fund allows me to stick to my regular monthly budget so that I don't get stopped up when an unexpected necessary expense comes up.

pickle18 likes this.

#128 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 05:17 AM

11/10 no spend

11/11 no spend

11/12 $1 for parking - unbudgeted

11/13 BIG unbudgeted spend - water pump to house needed repairs on an emergency basis - had to do it - we had no water $250 spent. What I could have done better on is the $28 I spent on dinner out because the house was such a mess from being without water for 24 hours

Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 181/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012)
#129 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 AM

No spend =  joy.gif

Budgeted spend = thumb.gif

Unbudgeted spend =  irked.gif

1.thumb.gif      Supper with my grandmother

2.joy.gif    No spend!  Yay me!  

3.irked.gif        Oh well...can't be good every day...

4.joy.gifNo spend!

5. irked.gif      Chicken feed, stock up on gasoline while it's down to $3.17/gal.  On the upside, resisted eating out for supper!

6.joy.gifNo spend!    4 out of 6 so far...pretty good!

7.  joy.gifWoohoo!   Tomorrow SHOULD BE a budgeted spend.  happytears.gif

8. irked.gif   Ordered new carpet for the LR.  Big spend!  Supper at McDonald's.  Will hope for a better day tomorrow.

9.  joy.gif  No spend!   6 out of 9

10.  irked.gif   Spent today (groceries, gas, breakfast, snack money for DS for his class, etc.)  

11.  irked.gif  Lunch at Arby's

12.  joy.gifNo spend!

13.  thumb.gif   Budgeted spend on school trip to Chicago.  Woohoo!

14.  irked.gif  I know already it's going to be a spend day so I'm just going to go ahead and post it.  Supper will be a spend at the minimum and I'm sure there will be a little more.   8 out of 14...I'm still on track for my 15.

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#130 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 AM

love.gif - extra thrifty

thumb.gif - no spend

smile.gif - normal expense

greensad.gif - unplanned extra

1. smile.gif groceries

2. thumb.gif

3. smile.gif $20 birthday present for niece - this is borderline, because we could have spent a lil less if I'd made something or bought something small, but we did cash (of course, the difference would probably have been eaten up by time and gas money...)

4. thumb.gif

5. thumb.gif

6. thumb.gif (DH brought home a pizza - I'm not counting this! 2whistle.gif)

7. thumb.gif

8. greensad.gif MOSTLY budgeted items at grocery store, but I've been super nauseous lately (stupid mini pill) so @ health food place I did splurge on a big bottle of ginger juice w/ honey & lemon and some yummy sweet and sour tofu that I split with DS @ the playground luxlove.gif - total unbudgeted: $10

9. thumb.gif Walked through autumn air, past drugstore AND delicious coffee shop to make it to library and playground and back (free fun - whoo hoo!) - planning to make a mug of hot ACV with cayenne and honey as treat instead (toddler nap nursing).

10. greensad.gif Had to take cat to the vet, giant bill for services plus new flea meds for cat and dog (apparently the fleas in our area are now immune to the cheap stuff) AND we got a pizza (not even cheap pizza night, like last time, but we did get it from the cheaper local place) - hopefully cat feels better soon, poor guy!

11. smile.gif Heading to the grocery store today for snacks and such - will exercise restraint (or be forced to edit this)!  And I washed up some old dog toys I'd put away in a toy box years ago (when the dog was my only baby shy.gif) instead of buying new.

12. thumb.gif Business trip with DH - DS & I ate packed food instead of buying breakfast (other meals budgeted - already paid for last month)

13. thumb.gif Ditto

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#131 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:

Because we are spending on activities that stretch our budget, I think of my extra-budgetary spending in terms of one riding lesson, which we scrape to afford.  A $20 trip (or whatever) to the donut shop would considered about half a riding lesson.  So, I think in terms of the things we really want.  It helps that we don't have money available for extras without digging in somewhere else.  I think I would be much more impulsive if there was more money flowing in.

hug2.gif  A hug for your struggles.

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#132 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 11:22 AM

1/1)  innocent.gif   Budgeted 

11/2)  thumb.gif No spend

11/3)  thumb.gif No spend

11/4)  thumb.gif No spend

11/5)  upsidedown.gif   Almost no spend

11/6)  shy.gif   Groceries, a bit over budget

11/7)  innocent.gif Budgeted groceries, day 2.  .

11/8)  irked.gif Forgot more groceries, but budgeted.

11/9)  nut.gif  ....and some more groceries.  Gas.

11/10)  thumb.gif  No spend

11/11)  thumb.gif  No spend

11/12  upsidedown.gif  Almost no spend

11/13  innocent.gif  Budgeted groceries.  Planned trip for french fries and that ice vanilla soy.  Talked with the girls about the trade-offs in the snack budget they need to make for this kind of treat to be possible.  Pointed out that while I'm fine doing this, the money we spent would have given them treats to last an entire week from the grocery store.  knit.gifFinished my no-spend hat!!

11/14  Today we are baking some homemade goodies, and doling them out amongst the girls and dh for the week.  They need to make them last a week for this to save us money.  DD1 agreed to have her expensive, dairy-free ice cream every other day at the most, and replace some of her cereal meals with oatmeal.  DD2 agreed to eat popcorn at home, saving expensive organic corn chips for out-and-about (though they both ate up popcorn in the car.)  Other snack purchases we cut in half.  They want so many activities at Christmas, plus stops at coffee stands and french fries, etc, this money has to come from somewhere.

DH might stop for a couple of forgotten groceries today, and we have one or 2 minor stops at other stores this week as we can.  It's hard for us to not buy little bits here and there because we are so far from civilization at home, and dh ends up having to divide up the errands and cram them into the end of his work days.  That puts us in a bad position for overspending, but it's worse when I go on errands with the girls.

Food bill about $458 for the month. 

#133 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

I'm a thin person, but I have to work to stay that way. 

The way I stay thin is by keeping all sweets and fattening foods out of my house.  I won't go out of my way to get them...but if they are in the house and I see them...they are MINE.  So I have to be extra careful to keep my house "clean."  Can't eat it if it is not there.

I have to think about spending the same way.  If I see something I want in a store and I have the money, 9 times out of 10 I buy it.  I'm a compulsive spender.

So I have to work on staying AWAY from stores and away from temptation.  I won't spend the money if I'm not out shopping.

Quote:

01..  thumb.gif

02..  thumb.gif

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  thumb.gif

07..  thumb.gif  

09..  $40 hair

10..  thumb.gif

11..  $15 ski repair

12..  thumb.gif

13..  $20 donuts

14..  thumb.gif

22..  Happy Thanksgiving!  eat.gif

My progress =  9 thumb.gif days so far

#134 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 PM

I have not been on MDC in forever but I used to find these threads so helpful so I hope it is okay for me to jump in mid month.

My name is Kristine, WOHM to 3 girls almost 10, 6 & 4.  We have been working hard to reduce our spending. 

Plan to keep tracking everything we spend (I have been keeping a spreadsheet since November 2009) and using this thread to keep me accountable.

Starting off mid month with an unnecessary spend greensad.gif

14 - irked.gif $15 - lunch, charity bake sale & lottery with co-workers

#135 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 PM

Key

thumb.gif  No spend/ budgeted spending

irked.gif  Unbudgeted spending

knit.gif  Crafted for at least 30 minutes

1.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Starting the month off right orngbiggrin.gif

2.  thumb.gif  knit.gif 

3.  thumb.gif  knit.gif

4.  irked.gif  I've already spent a chunk on some Christmas presents for the ILs and DH.  I wasn't planning to spend this much, but the gifts I got are *perfect* for them and they're so incredibly generous with us, I don't feel the least bit sad or guilty about it, lol.gif  Also, we're doing our big monthly grocery shop at Costco.  DH isn't coming w/ us, so hopefully I'll have an easier time sticking to the list and budget.

5.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  DH had a dr appt and needed a prescription, thankfully we have a medical sink fund to cover the co-pays.

6.  thumb.gif  knit.gif

7.  irked.gif  knit.gif  I have got to stop going on zulily.  I just dropped another chunk on some probably unneeded Christmas gifts blush.gifduh.gifnono.gif

8.  thumb.gif  knit.gif

9.  thumb.gif  Budgeted spending today-  picked up DS2's birthday present.  Quite happy because we got it on sale AND had a gift card we were able to apply to it, so although I budgeted $100 for it, we only ended up spending OOP $75.  ALSO, I had a coupon for a $10 gift card if you spent a certain amount, so I have another $10 gc in my wallet now to apply to future gifts thumbsup.gif

10.  irked.gif  knit.gif  I knew today would be a spending day.  We bought "gifts" to fill our Operation Christmas Child boxes for church and we finished out the monthly grocery shop.  We went over the grocery budget because I let DH convince me to get lunch meat and I found a good deal on potatoes, 50lbs for $17, so I bought a sack.  Also, though I had intended on making DD1's birthday cake for tomorrow, I just don't have the time or energy, so we bought one.

11.  irked.gif  bag.gif  More Christmas gifts.  *sigh*

12.  thumb.gif  Whew, finally.  Most of today was spent prepping for our scout pack meeting potluck.

13.  thumb.gif  Not going anywhere today.  Hopefully I'll make some progress on homemade gifts.

14.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  I altered a pair of maternity jeans today.  I hated the way they fit and I already had a pair of bootcut maternity jeans so I made them into skinny jeans to wear with my favorite knee high boots that I've been wanting to wear but couldn't b/c I had no skinny maternity jeans.  Yesterday I didn't make any progress on gifts. but today my intent is to sit and knit after dinner.

10 No Spend days, I'm half way to my goal.  fingersx.gif  Here's to finishing strong the last half of the month.

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#136 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome back Kristine!!!

Way to go, Jenn!!

#137 of 243 Old 11-14-2012, 08:07 PM

11/3: budgeted spending thumb.gif Costco $130 (once a month trip), Grocery store $42, Stamps $9, Gas $33

11/11: budgeted spending thumb.gif $57 groceries, $37 gas, Sheepish.gif $10 glass of wine (unbudgeted)

11/14: budgeted spending thumb.gif $20 Christmas present for my parents (I'm gonna count it as budgeted, as it came out of my sinking fund)

I got a coupon in the mail for $10 off at shutterfly, and I decided to put together a photo book for my parents for Christmas--it's SO freakin cute!!  I used the $10 off coupon, plus photo books are 40% off right now AND I got 50 free 4x6 prints--all for $20, including shipping!  My parents are gonna LOVE it and it makes me feel better, as I had no idea what I could get them that was somewhat inexpensive.  If you're short on ideas and have $20-30 to spend, head over to shutterfly (but as this is the no spend thread, make sure it's on a day when you have other planned spending ;))

#138 of 243 Old 11-15-2012, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

Today is a dangerous day because I have to go to Costco.

But if i just buy groceries (which I never count against myself) and the things on my list (cat flea preventative, photobook...) and stick within my budget, then I'm going to be happy with today.

I wish I had known about that Shutterfly deal...thanks for posting, honeybee!  I'm spending way more than that at Costco with the book they've already printed for me. 

#139 of 243 Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 AM

Good Luck at Costco...I find it a very dangerous place smile.gif

#140 of 243 Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollysmom View Post

Good Luck at Costco...I find it a very dangerous place smile.gif

Yes, good luck, Prudence!!  I find when I go by myself or me and the kids I do much better than when DH comes with me.  Just stick to the list, Prudence!!

Welcome back, Kristine (Hollysmom).

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

#141 of 243 Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 PM

Key

2.  thumb.gif  knit.gif 

3.  thumb.gif  knit.gif

4.  irked.gif  I've already spent a chunk on some Christmas presents for the ILs and DH.  I wasn't planning to spend this much, but the gifts I got are *perfect* for them and they're so incredibly generous with us, I don't feel the least bit sad or guilty about it, lol.gif  Also, we're doing our big monthly grocery shop at Costco.  DH isn't coming w/ us, so hopefully I'll have an easier time sticking to the list and budget.

5.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  DH had a dr appt and needed a prescription, thankfully we have a medical sink fund to cover the co-pays.

6.  thumb.gif  knit.gif

7.  irked.gif  knit.gif  I have got to stop going on zulily.  I just dropped another chunk on some probably unneeded Christmas gifts blush.gifduh.gifnono.gif

8.  thumb.gif  knit.gif

9.  thumb.gif  Budgeted spending today-  picked up DS2's birthday present.  Quite happy because we got it on sale AND had a gift card we were able to apply to it, so although I budgeted $100 for it, we only ended up spending OOP $75.  ALSO, I had a coupon for a $10 gift card if you spent a certain amount, so I have another $10 gc in my wallet now to apply to future gifts thumbsup.gif

10.  irked.gif  knit.gif  I knew today would be a spending day.  We bought "gifts" to fill our Operation Christmas Child boxes for church and we finished out the monthly grocery shop.  We went over the grocery budget because I let DH convince me to get lunch meat and I found a good deal on potatoes, 50lbs for $17, so I bought a sack.  Also, though I had intended on making DD1's birthday cake for tomorrow, I just don't have the time or energy, so we bought one.

12.  thumb.gif  Whew, finally.  Most of today was spent prepping for our scout pack meeting potluck.

13.  thumb.gif  Not going anywhere today.  Hopefully I'll make some progress on homemade gifts.

14.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  I altered a pair of maternity jeans today.  I hated the way they fit and I already had a pair of bootcut maternity jeans so I made them into skinny jeans to wear with my favorite knee high boots that I've been wanting to wear but couldn't b/c I had no skinny maternity jeans.  Yesterday I didn't make any progress on gifts. but today my intent is to sit and knit after dinner.

15.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  I feel pretty safe giving myself a No Spend for today.  I finished a scarf last night and hopefully later today I'll finish the main body of another gift.  I'm determined to keep up the momentum I've built over the last few days.

11 No Spend days and 10 Crafting days, I'm half way to my goal.  fingersx.gif  Here's to finishing strong the last half of the month.

#142 of 243 Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:

Today is a dangerous day because I have to go to Costco.

But if i just buy groceries (which I never count against myself) and the things on my list (cat flea preventative, photobook...) and stick within my budget, then I'm going to be happy with today.

Good luck getting past all the stuff on the way to the food!  Costco makes it difficult because you just never know if that deal will be there next time.  Same for the thrift store, which is my trouble.  I never can keep myself of the aisles for the dishes and kitchen stuff, nor the skirts.  The only way to keep off is to keep out.  Very difficult *just* to check for girls' pants.

Unfortunately, groceries are our biggest bugaboo, and I do count them against myself, not so much for a no-spend day but just because I overspend here chronically.  In the past, it was not unusual to have *food* bills (minus cat food and household expenses) mount to $1200, and always over $1000.  This is such a problem for us because as self-employed people, our hourly rates haven't gone up in about 10 *years*, while gas and food prices have skyrocketed.

So, today, dh is bringing home another small batch of necessaries.  I pay for their riding lesson tuition today, but for extraneous purchases it is otherwise no-spend.  

Odd definition of no-spend, but oh well!  orngtongue.gif

#143 of 243 Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah!!  Success!  I bought some stuff, but it was all budgeted and planned for.  No impulsive spending on stuff we don't need.  :)

Quote:

01..  thumb.gif

02..  thumb.gif

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  thumb.gif

07..  thumb.gif  

09..  $40 hair

10..  thumb.gif

11..  $15 ski repair

12..  thumb.gif

13..  $20 donuts

14..  thumb.gif

15..  thumb.gif

My progress =  10 thumb.gif days so far

#144 of 243 Old 11-15-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:

Yeah!!  Success!  I bought some stuff, but it was all budgeted and planned for.  No impulsive spending on stuff we don't need.  :)

joy.gif  YAY!  Nice work! :)

#145 of 243 Old 11-15-2012, 07:38 PM

11/14: budgeted spending thumb.gif $20 Christmas present for my parents (I'm gonna count it as budgeted, as it came out of my sinking fund)

11/15: no spend shine.gif

#146 of 243 Old 11-16-2012, 05:36 AM

One of my 2 yearly extra paychecks got put in my account today and it's already gone--but in a good way! (well kinda)  I owed a friend of a friend money from a crayon laundry disaster over the summer, so I wrote out the check to her and sent it off.  I also paid off my kids' ski lesson packs.  The really great part is that I put the rest of it in savings!  YAY!  First time I've EVER done that!  Usually I see the extra money as play money and I blow it on dumb stuff.  Today may or may not be no spend.  It will be as long as I don't buy any drinks when I go out to see music tonight.  My friend hooked it up again, so I get to go see ALO for free--woohoo!! :)

#147 of 243 Old 11-16-2012, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

We're having a party tonight so I had to run out and get some last minute things.

Quote:

01..  thumb.gif

02..  thumb.gif

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  thumb.gif

07..  thumb.gif  

09..  $40 hair

10..  thumb.gif

11..  $15 ski repair

12..  thumb.gif

13..  $20 donuts

14..  thumb.gif

15..  thumb.gif

16..  $57 Party food

My progress =  10 thumb.gif days so far

#148 of 243 Old 11-16-2012, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah Honeybee!!!!!  Way to go!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee80 View Post

The really great part is that I put the rest of it in savings!  YAY!  First time I've EVER done that!  

#149 of 243 Old 11-16-2012, 12:32 PM

Great job, Honeybee!!

Key

2.  thumb.gif  knit.gif 

3.  thumb.gif  knit.gif

6.  thumb.gif  knit.gif

8.  thumb.gif  knit.gif

15.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  I feel pretty safe giving myself a No Spend for today.  I finished a scarf last night and hopefully later today I'll finish the main body of another gift.  I'm determined to keep up the momentum I've built over the last few days.

16.  thumb.gif  knit.gifFeeling good today.  DH is working from home and it's always iffy w/ him around because he wants fast food for lunch.  Today I stuck to my guns and we ate from the pantry.  Now to figure out dinner.

12 No Spend days and 11 Crafting days, I'm over half way to my goal.  fingersx.gif  Here's to finishing strong the last half of the month.

#150 of 243 Old 11-16-2012, 01:21 PM

thumb.gif Budgeted         greensad.gif Not Budgeted/went over      joy.gifSaved $, got freebee, paid something off, worked an extra shift        hang.gif   hung clothes out         

November
1.  DD2 sport workshop $62  budgeted thumb.gif  Working an extra shift tonight joy.gif    and just   hang.gif

2 * thumb.gif  No spend day! I resisted getting lunch out after school.  Instead I came home and made eggs & toast. I hung 2 loads of laundry hang.gif  Picked up extra shift joy.gif

3  * thumb.gif No spend day!  hang.gif

4    thumb.gifBought $10 of groceries, also got budgeted wood heating pellets and hang.gif

5   * thumb.gif  No spend!   Working an extra shiftjoy.gif

6   * thumb.gif hang.gif Working an extra shift today joy.gif

* thumb.gif No spend!  I'm working an extra shift tonight! joy.gif

8. * thumb.gif  No spend! Worked extra shift joy.gif

9.  thumb.gif Budgeted spending on groceries hang.gif

10. thumb.gif Budgeted raw milk & dry goods from bulk bins

11.* thumb.gif No spend. Made a really frugal venison soup with soup bones veggies and barleyjoy.gif I'm becoming so aware of how much barely worn stuff gets thrown in by line drying   hang.gif

12. * thumb.gif No spend Deep cleaned my kitchen.  Culturing a batch of yogurt and making homemade granola joy.gif

13. * thumb.gif  No spend

14.  thumb.gif  Got a couple Christmas gifts out of Christmas fund, and other household needs.

15. * thumb.gif No spend

16.  thumb.gif Bought budgeted wood pellets. I called oil company today & lowered our budgeted monthly oil payment since the furnace just heats our water now.  Got paid for all those extra hours that I worked last week, I made more that I thought  joy.gif        hang.gif

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page