November No-Spend Challenge ~ Don't let little purchases gobble gobble up your savings. - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 243 Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillingMyQuiver View Post

This is the first month in a LONG time that I've actually completed the challenge and NOT dropped mid-month AND that I've reached or exceeded my goal!!

Thank you, mamas, for all of your support.  This month I really focused on where our spending was happening.  Between the accountability on this challenge, listening to Dave Ramsey's channel on iheartradio and reading the Prudent Homemaker Blog and other frugality blogs, I was able to keep our spending in check and keep my end goals at the forefront of my mind.

Me too!  Good job, Jenn!   clap.gif

I didn't reach my goal...but I reached FOR it...which for me is a huge victory.  And I stuck with this til the end...and that is often hard for me.

#242 of 243 Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

I didn't reach my goal...but I reached FOR it...which for me is a huge victory.  And I stuck with this til the end...and that is often hard for me.

Like you, Prudence, this is often the hardest part for me.  So often I spend in the middle of the month and just give up and continue spending.  Even if you didn't reach your goal, you made yourself aware of your habits and how you can get better next month.  That in itself is a HUGE accomplishment that most people don't want to face.  You DID!!! thumbsup.gif

I think everyone on this thread has done REALLY well this month!!

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#243 of 243 Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

11/1)  broc1.gif   Budgeted 

11/2)  jammin.gif No spend

11/3)  jammin.gifNo spend

11/4)  jammin.gifNo spend

11/5)   oops.gif   Almost no spend

11/6)   oops.gif   Groceries, a bit over budget

11/7)   broc1.gifBudgeted groceries, day 2

11/8)  irked.gif Forgot more groceries, but budgeted.

11/9)  nut.gif  ....and some more groceries.  Gas.

11/10)   jammin.gif No spend

11/11)    jammin.gifNo spend

11/12   oops.gif  Almost no spend

11/13    broc1.gifBudgeted groceries.  Planned trip for french fries and that ice vanilla soy.  knit.gifFinished my no-spend hat!!

11/14  jammin.gif  No spend.  Baked goodies.  

11/15  broc1.gif  A few more budgeted groceries.  Riding lesson tuition.  Baked bread!!!

11/16  broc1.gif  Budgeted groceries.  $11 Goodwill trip--not really worth it but could have spent way more.  Oops.  Forgot the coffee stand.  Sheepish.gif  Oh well.  At    least we are sticking to our grocery list.

11/17   jammin.gifNo spend

11/18    jammin.gifNo spend

11/19    jammin.gifNo spend

11/20   oops.gif  Groceries, a bit over budget today, considering how many days are left in the month.  Gymnastics tuition.  MIL visiting, we stopped at DQ after gym.  Not budgeted, but at $22 I'm not sweating this and I didn't count this against the food bill.  Gas.

11/21  jammin.gif  No spend.  Staying home to bake pies and veggies for Thanksgiving.

11/22  fever.gif  Stocked up on jello stuff for dd2 with an upset tummy.   Coffee stand at the start of our trip.  Not sweating this.

11/23  jammin.gif  No spend.

11/24  jammin.gif  No spend.

11/25  jammin.gif  No spend.  Worked on no-spend mittens, and started a hemming project for a skirt I haven't worn in 3 years.

11/26  disappointed.gif  Groceries.  Nothing we didn't need, except some chocolate, but we are not going to make our spending goal.

11/27  shrug.gif  Azure delivery.  Credited $36 towards this month, the rest towards December.  Girls are both sick, so we are staying home.  And I'll be knitting some mittens!  crochetsmilie.gif

11/28  shrug.gif Groceries.  Stayed home. Baked bread.  Knitted mittens--finished one, started another

11/29  Gas.  Potato chips.  Candy??!!  

dizzy.gif (I don't know why my little dude won't go on the line above.  Hm!)

11/30 dizzy.gif Groceries.  We needed more than we thought, but this ought to do us for a few days.  crochetsmilie.gif Finished first pair of no-spend mittens!!!!

Grocery goal was $750.  We finished out our last day with $68 worth of grocery purchases, putting us at $890 for the month.  I have to keep reminding myself that last year, making it under $900 would have been a good month!

This has been an interesting experience, and look forward to next month.  See y'all!  blowkiss.gif

Goal next month is to turn my "oops" days into more rockin' dudes and dancing veggies.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page