~December~ No-Spend Challenge -- Is your shopping finished? Time to come join us! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 184 Old 12-06-2012, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillingMyQuiver View Post

clap.gif and jaw2.gif on the ice cream!!  Great job, Prudence!!

x2

Way to go!

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 184 Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks ladies!!!

I've written on my calendar "Go to bank and pay off second mortgage"  I'm going to take my daughters and make an EVENT out of it.

It has taken us seven years to pay this thing off (yes, SEVEN YEARS) -- it was a big loan -- and I want them to remember the day that Mom and Dad got completely out of debt and turned their lives around financially.

They opened up savings accounts at this same bank last summer.  So they can take their piggy banks with them and deposit coins in the coin counter (they like to do that) and put them in their bank accounts.

I want to keep the momentum going after this last debt is paid off.  I'd like to start turning the debt payment that I made every month into a savings account for something fun like a vacation or an RV.  That we will pay for with cash.

tealsmith83 likes this.

#63 of 184 Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Lots of social events this weekend -- Two parties, one night out with friends, and two bonfire/Santa type events.

So we'll be busy.  And I'm going to need to do some spending today (unbudgeted) because I can't show up at these parties empty-handed.  Well...I could...but I'm not that person.

Today I'm visiting the grocery store for champagne and party food items. 

My budget is tight so I'll have to shop carefully.

#64 of 184 Old 12-07-2012, 08:08 AM

thumb.gif = No spend/budgeted spend

irked.gif = Unbudgeted spend

1.  irked.gif  Breakfast out

2.  irked.gif  Lunch out after church

3.  irked.gif  Supper out tonight with a dear cousin who is going through a rough patch

4.  thumb.gif

5.  irked.gif  Man, this month is hard to get a grip on.  Supper out, husband made 2 purchases (one at school and one on-line). 

6.  thumb.gif

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#65 of 184 Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
12/1 Cuss.gif We were traveling and I forgot to feed us breakfast before we left. Spent $15. 
12/2 eyesroll.gif Today will be budgeted Christmas spending only.  
12/3 eyesroll.gif Oil change and I'll spend about $10 on the way home. Tomorrow should be my first no spend day!
12/4 eyesroll.gifCuss.gif Ok so I spent about $95 on groceries which is $5 under budget even though $7 was unnecessary stuff and I spent $7 at starbucks because my kids pushed me to my coffee point. :(
12/5 joy.gif Cuss.gif I was good all day until I went through chick fil a. $17. I didn't even think about it! It was like...subconcious or something, afterwards I was like "NOOO, my no spend day!!!" Sigh. 
Stuff I did to be frugal at home: We had oranges with breakfast and I had lemon water, I put all the peels in a big jar and covered with vinegar to make a citrus cleaning solution. We are also making granola bars for snacks and I'm using the leftover granola bar stuff to make a homemade cold cereal for me to snack on after the boys go to bed (bran flakes, dried blueberries, cranberries and strawberries, chopped almonds, coconut). 

12/6 Cuss.gif energy.gif $5 on breakfast and I'm about to go to Wal Mart to get my 2 yo his own undies since he randomly decided to poop and pee on the potty today.energy.gif

12/7  jammin.gif Well I'm traveling again today. I'm packing snacks and drinks for the boys and myself. I'll probably spend less than $3 on coffee/coke to stay awake. (It's 3.5 hours through central/west Texas..very boring and makes me literally fall asleep if I'm not careful).

Besides that though, no spend days will be plentiful do to the fact that we are out of money. :P

Oh I'm counting today as a no spend because the $3 will all be change scrounged up, not from the budget.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/20 No spend days

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Key
joy.gif Did something frugal at home
jammin.gif No spend
eyesroll.gif Budgeted spend
Cuss.gif Unbudgeted Spend

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#66 of 184 Old 12-07-2012, 02:23 PM

Key

thumb.gif  No Spend/ Budgeted Spending

irked.gif  Un-budgeted/ Unnecessary Spending

knit.gif  Crafted for at least 30 minutes

1.  irked.gif knit.gif Unbudgeted lunch out, budgeted grocery shopping.

2.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Didn't go anywhere.  DH fixed a faulty outlet in the kitchen, then we put together our free bed frame.  This is how we need to spend our weekends, getting household projects done, NOT shopping.

3.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Bought the very last thing on the Christmas gift list (I've been watching zuliliy for it for weeks now), but it was budgeted.  There shouldn't be anymore spending happening today, hopefully raking and garden bed upkeep will get done instead.

4.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Budgeted spending today, but I feel angry.gif  DS2 has a virus that ended us up in the dr's office (rash & fever), had to get him an Rx for some steroid cream for his flaring eczema, stopped at the grocery store and grabbed some quick things for dinner (thankfully there's money in the food budget).

5.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Stayed home, stayed away from online shopping, got a gnome for DD3 knit, will be working on more crafting after the rugrats go to bed.

6.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Stayed home again, no spending.  Lots of crafting for the holidays happening.

7.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  REALLY wanted to get fast food for dinner but DH and I decided he'd make a quick run to the store instead.  $$ for groceries is in the budget, fast food isn't (especially when it's almost $40 for our family at McDs).  Made cookies with the kids for a cookie exchange I'm going to tomorrow.

6/20 No Spend Days

7/20 Crafting Days

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#67 of 184 Old 12-07-2012, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

key:

no spend-thumb.gif     

budgeted spend-winky.gif       

over budget or not budgeted-greensad.gif   

extra shift, freebee awesome deal-joy.gif   

hung clothes on line- hang.gif

12/1: greensad.gif  

12/2: greensad.gif  

12/3: thumb.gif

12/4: thumb.gif

12/5: thumb.gif

12/6: thumb.gif  hang.gif never made it to walmart

12/7: thumb.gif  hang.gif

#68 of 184 Old 12-07-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

Thanks ladies!!!

I've written on my calendar "Go to bank and pay off second mortgage"  I'm going to take my daughters and make an EVENT out of it.

It has taken us seven years to pay this thing off (yes, SEVEN YEARS) -- it was a big loan -- and I want them to remember the day that Mom and Dad got completely out of debt and turned their lives around financially.

They opened up savings accounts at this same bank last summer.  So they can take their piggy banks with them and deposit coins in the coin counter (they like to do that) and put them in their bank accounts.

I want to keep the momentum going after this last debt is paid off.  I'd like to start turning the debt payment that I made every month into a savings account for something fun like a vacation or an RV.  That we will pay for with cash.

congratulations!!! clap.gifthumbsup.gif

#69 of 184 Old 12-07-2012, 08:52 PM

This month I am adding some smaller goals.  I'm going to post them a day or three in advance, and I get a Happy Little Dude-icon if I make it.

Last month I had about 12 No-spend days jammin.gif, and a handful of budgeted spending days banana.gif.  I'm not even going to try to make a goal about # of days this-or-that because of the uncertainties of Christmas shopping, but I need to avoid oops.gif days.

Here's what actually happened:

12/1 Waldorf Winter Faire.  Cost went up--spent $35 faint.gif.  Spent $8 on Christmas ornaments, so an itty-bitty oops.gif.  Still, I packed lunch as planned, and made no other stops.  So I deserve something, and this little Bouncy-Dude is just right. biggrinbounce.gif

12/2   jammin.gif No-spend day 

12/3   jammin.gif No spend day  Made that awesome, no-spend, handcrafted Christmas wreath you can see on post #29.

12/4  banana.gifGroceries $92  Stuck to the lists!!   I just didn't make the very best lists.  

12/5  banana.gifGroceries $34.  That's $126/ $156 for the week ending Friday.

12/6  banana.gif Online Christmas shopping.  I get a Dancing Banana today, but I don't know how I'm going to stick the Christmas budget dh and I agreed on.  

12/7  banana.gif Had about $30 in this week's food budget left to keep on target for the month, spent $29.34!!  Ended up having our Dairy Queen dinner tonight, as we are getting home earlier tomorrow.  Tonight it was straight to bedtime stories.  Just look at that line of bananas!  Looks like a lineup of cheerleaders.  Awesome!

Here are the goals for the next 3 days:

12/8 We are going into town this afternoon for the girls' gymnastics showoff.  I've promised them a trip to the coffee stand.  I'll make sure we have chicken soup to heat up when we get home.

12/9  Christmas tree shopping.  

12/10  Not sure about Monday.  

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#70 of 184 Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh.  Waaaaaay overspent yesterday.  I haven't even tallied it up yet.

duh.gif

#71 of 184 Old 12-08-2012, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

I have to go balance my checkbook and enter it in the budget and then face the music.  I'm coming back here to update.

Ugh again.

I need to stay out of the stores.  That's it.  No more stores for me until after January 1st. 

Grocery stores only.  Period.  If I need something, I'm sending my husband out to get it.

My new goal until January 1st = SOS.  Stay Out of the Stores

#72 of 184 Old 12-08-2012, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

My goal for the month = 15 thumb.gif no-spend days 

My progress so far = 3 days

01..  $166 ski stuff

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $8.50 bagels

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  $215 Christmas...not even presents just wrapping paper, party food, extra stuff for our guests that are staying with us.  Stuff I can't even remember for 24 hours because it is so inconsequental...but it all ADDS UP to big spending.

15..  PAY OFF our 2nd Mortgage. 

#73 of 184 Old 12-08-2012, 06:35 AM

Typically we would be able to payoff this last debt this month, however with Christmas spending & entertaining this month I'm thinking it might take more like 2 months, but that still thrills me.  I wanted to mention that I just got my electricity bill and it is a good $30 less than usual at this time of year!  The only thing that we have done differently is hang clothes to dry (almost exclusively).  Last month we  were so successful at doing this!  This month not so good so far!  If I fall behind on laundry & DH doesI'm going to make a better effort after seeing that bill!  

December's Key: 

No spend-thumb.gif      Budgeted spend-winky.gif        Went over or not budgeted-greensad.gif    Extra shift, freebee awesome deal-joy.gif  Hung clothes on line hang.gif

1.  winky.gif Online Christmas shopping

2. thumb.gif

3. thumb.gif

4. thumb.gif Worked from home.  Made yummy turkey soup with T-Day leftovers from the freezer

5. greensad.gif Made returns at Ikea, but I spent more than what I got back!

6. thumb.gif

7. winky.gif Grocery shopped, got free tea at my favorite HFS joy.gif

8. winky.gif Christmas shopping,  hang.gif  work

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#74 of 184 Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 PM

Key

2.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Didn't go anywhere.  DH fixed a faulty outlet in the kitchen, then we put together our free bed frame.  This is how we need to spend our weekends, getting household projects done, NOT shopping.

3.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Bought the very last thing on the Christmas gift list (I've been watching zuliliy for it for weeks now), but it was budgeted.  There shouldn't be anymore spending happening today, hopefully raking and garden bed upkeep will get done instead.

4.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Budgeted spending today, but I feel angry.gif  DS2 has a virus that ended us up in the dr's office (rash & fever), had to get him an Rx for some steroid cream for his flaring eczema, stopped at the grocery store and grabbed some quick things for dinner (thankfully there's money in the food budget).

5.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Stayed home, stayed away from online shopping, got a gnome for DD3 knit, will be working on more crafting after the rugrats go to bed.

6.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Stayed home again, no spending.  Lots of crafting for the holidays happening.

7.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  REALLY wanted to get fast food for dinner but DH and I decided he'd make a quick run to the store instead.  $$ for groceries is in the budget, fast food isn't (especially when it's almost $40 for our family at McDs).  Made cookies with the kids for a cookie exchange I'm going to tomorrow.

8.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Cookie exchange and holiday crafting.  No spending.

7/20 No Spend Days

8/20 Crafting Days

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

#75 of 184 Old 12-08-2012, 08:28 PM

This month I am adding some smaller goals.  I'm going to post them a day or three in advance, and I get a Happy Little Dude-icon if I make it.

Last month I had about 12 No-spend days jammin.gif, and a handful of budgeted spending days banana.gif.  I'm not even going to try to make a goal about # of days this-or-that because of the uncertainties of Christmas shopping, but I need to avoid oops.gif days.

12/1 Waldorf Winter Faire.  Cost went up--spent $35 faint.gif.  Spent $8 on Christmas ornaments, so an itty-bitty oops.gif.  Still, I packed lunch as planned, and made no other stops.  So I deserve something, and this little Bouncy-Dude is just right. biggrinbounce.gif

12/3   jammin.gif No spend day  Made that awesome, no-spend, handcrafted Christmas wreath you can see on post #29.

12/4  banana.gifGroceries $92  Stuck to the lists!!   I just didn't make the very best lists.  

12/6  banana.gif Online Christmas shopping.  I get a Dancing Banana today, but I don't know how I'm going to stick the Christmas budget dh and I agreed on.  

12/7  banana.gif Had about $30 in this week's food budget left to keep on target for the month, spent $29.34!!  Dinner at DQ tonight instead of tomorrow $16.

12/8   oops.gif  It had to happen sooner or later.  Groceries $89.  Planned trip, forgot to mention it, but strayed far from the list.  NOTE TO SELF:  DO NOT GO INTO THE TRADER JOE'S COOKIE AISLE WHILE HUNGRY!!!  Next time, pack a lunch and buy one flippin' candy bar, not 2 giant boxes of Christmas cookies (ate a lot of them, too).  Evil, I tell you.  Evil.  Add a promised stop to the coffee stand (only $4--dd2 wanted something, I did resist that getting something for myself) and last night's dinner at DQ, that puts us at $108 for the week that just got going!!!!  

It is not the giant overspending that is draining our bank account, it is little decisions that by themselves are no big deal, but added up amount to a whole lot.

12/9  Christmas tree shopping.  

12/10  This will be no-spend.

12/11    Probably some groceries.  A little bit of Christmas shopping.

#76 of 184 Old 12-09-2012, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

It is not the giant overspending that is draining our bank account, it is little decisions that by themselves are no big deal, but added up amount to a whole lot.

So very, very true.

#77 of 184 Old 12-09-2012, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

duh.gif

Two UGH days in a row!

Our car was broken into at a Christmas Party last night.

They didn't steal anything (my purse was locked up at home in our filing cabinet) but now we've got to get our car window repaired.  our insurance would cover this, but I suspect this will be under our deductible and we probably won't claim it.

Ugh.

#78 of 184 Old 12-09-2012, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

On a happy note, at least I was too busy socializing to spend any money!

Quote:

My progress so far = 4 days

01..  $166 ski stuff

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $8.50 bagels

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  $215 Christmas

07..  thumb.gif

15..  PAY OFF our 2nd Mortgage....hopefully.  Let's see how big this car repair will be.

#79 of 184 Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 AM

key:

no spend-thumb.gif     

budgeted spend-winky.gif       

over budget or not budgeted-greensad.gif   

extra shift, freebee awesome deal-joy.gif   

hung clothes on line- hang.gif

12/1: greensad.gif  

12/2: greensad.gif  

12/3: thumb.gif

12/4: thumb.gif

12/5: thumb.gif

12/6: thumb.gif  hang.gif never made it to walmart

12/7: thumb.gif  

12/8: greensad.gif went to Costco unbudgeted but used a Costco cash card that i got back from having HVAC done in June.

#80 of 184 Old 12-09-2012, 11:27 AM

12/1 Cuss.gif We were traveling and I forgot to feed us breakfast before we left. Spent $15.
12/2 eyesroll.gif Today will be budgeted Christmas spending only.
12/3 eyesroll.gif Oil change and I'll spend about $10 on the way home. Tomorrow should be my first no spend day!
12/4 eyesroll.gifCuss.gif Ok so I spent about $95 on groceries which is $5 under budget even though $7 was unnecessary stuff and I spent $7 at starbucks because my kids pushed me to my coffee point. :(
12/5 joy.gifCuss.gif I was good all day until I went through chick fil a. $17. I didn't even think about it! It was like...subconcious or something, afterwards I was like "NOOO, my no spend day!!!" Sigh.
Stuff I did to be frugal at home: We had oranges with breakfast and I had lemon water, I put all the peels in a big jar and covered with vinegar to make a citrus cleaning solution. We are also making granola bars for snacks and I'm using the leftover granola bar stuff to make a homemade cold cereal for me to snack on after the boys go to bed (bran flakes, dried blueberries, cranberries and strawberries, chopped almonds, coconut).

12/6 Cuss.gifenergy.gif $5 on breakfast and I'm about to go to Wal Mart to get my 2 yo his own undies since he randomly decided to poop and pee on the potty today.energy.gif

12/7 jammin.gif Well I'm traveling again today. I'm packing snacks and drinks for the boys and myself. I'll probably spend less than $3 on coffee/coke to stay awake. (It's 3.5 hours through central/west Texas..very boring and makes me literally fall asleep if I'm not careful).

Besides that though, no spend days will be plentiful do to the fact that we are out of money. :P

Oh I'm counting today as a no spend because the $3 will all be change scrounged up, not from the budget.

12/8 jammin.gifToday I'm at my parents house and they tend to pay for anything while we're here. It makes me feel silly since I'm a grown woman but right now I will be grateful and I'll pay them back as we go on.

12/9 Cuss.gif$6.25 on drinks for my parents and me after church.

4/20 No spend days

Key
joy.gif Did something frugal at home
jammin.gif No spend
eyesroll.gif Budgeted spend
Cuss.gif Unbudgeted Spend

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#81 of 184 Old 12-09-2012, 02:44 PM

12/7  banana.gif Had about $30 in this week's food budget left to keep on target for the month, spent $29.34!!  Dinner at DQ tonight instead of tomorrow $16.

12/8   oops.gif  It had to happen sooner or later.  Groceries $89.  Hot chocolate stop $4.  Including last night's DQ $16, that puts us at $108 out of $156 for the week that just started!

12/9  dizzy.gifChristmas tree shopping.  I really should get my dancing banana here, but the tree that would have cost $25 last year, now costs $45.  I know that sounds super-cheap for a tree, if you lived anywhere else, but this is the Land of the Christmas Tree Farm.  This is where your Christmas trees come from, if you live somewhere they don't grow.  Dh cut the tree himself.  So, relatively speaking, THIS IS INSANE!!  WE ARE GETTING NICKELED AND DIMED LEFT AND RIGHT!  EVERYTHING IS MORE EXPENSIVE, AND BEING SELF-EMPLOYED, NEITHER OF US HAS HAD A RAISE IN 10 FREAKIN' YEARS!!!!!  10 FREAKIN' YEARS!!!!!  Meanwhile, we have been kicked off insurance, can't afford even the crappiest insurance and I just get angry about this stupid little shit that hits us every time.  I know, I know.  It's $20 stupid dollars.  It's a Christmas tree.  A luxury.  But what I'm angry about is that the cost of something has suddenly doubled in price and everything just gets tighter.  Everything has doubled in price and we can't raise our rates without losing business because everybody else is in the same damn boat.  Something has got to give somewhere.  I need a flippin' break.  I suppose I should bless my stars that we have any work, and I am, but it makes it damn hard.  Damn hard.  

Bah!  Humbug!

Here are the goals for the next 2 days:

12/10  This will be no-spend, for sure.

12/11    Probably some groceries.  A little bit of Christmas shopping.  Need some socks for the girls.  Hope those haven't doubled in price as well or I think I'm going to have a freakin' coronary which I can't afford to pay for.  I can't even have a flippin' heart attack without trading in my soul to pay for it.  

#82 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

12/9  dizzy.gifChristmas tree shopping.  I really should get my dancing banana here, but the tree that would have cost $25 last year, now costs $45.  I know that sounds super-cheap for a tree, if you lived anywhere else, but this is the Land of the Christmas Tree Farm.  This is where your Christmas trees come from, if you live somewhere they don't grow.  Dh cut the tree himself.  So, relatively speaking, THIS IS INSANE!!  WE ARE GETTING NICKELED AND DIMED LEFT AND RIGHT!  EVERYTHING IS MORE EXPENSIVE, AND BEING SELF-EMPLOYED, NEITHER OF US HAS HAD A RAISE IN 10 FREAKIN' YEARS!!!!!  10 FREAKIN' YEARS!!!!!  Meanwhile, we have been kicked off insurance, can't afford even the crappiest insurance and I just get angry about this stupid little shit that hits us every time.  I know, I know.  It's $20 stupid dollars.  It's a Christmas tree.  A luxury.  But what I'm angry about is that the cost of something has suddenly doubled in price and everything just gets tighter.  Everything has doubled in price and we can't raise our rates without losing business because everybody else is in the same damn boat.  Something has got to give somewhere.  I need a flippin' break.  I suppose I should bless my stars that we have any work, and I am, but it makes it damn hard.  Damn hard.  

grouphug.gif  That sucks.  Especially coming now when it is your husband's "off" season. 

#83 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

My progress so far = 4 days

01..  $166 ski stuff

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $8.50 bagels

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  $215 Christmas

07..  thumb.gif

08..  $35 eating out

#84 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 AM

Key

8.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Cookie exchange and holiday crafting.  No spending.

9.  irked.gif  knit.gif  3 sick kids dizzy.gif, $30 ordered pizza for dinner, totally unbudgeted.

7/20 No Spend Days

9/20 Crafting Days

#85 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 AM

thumb.gif = No spend/budgeted spend

irked.gif = Unbudgeted spend

1.  irked.gif  Breakfast out

2.  irked.gif  Lunch out after church

3.  irked.gif  Supper out tonight with a dear cousin who is going through a rough patch

4.  thumb.gif

5.  irked.gif  Man, this month is hard to get a grip on.  Supper out, husband made 2 purchases (one at school and one on-line). 

6. thumb.gif

7.  thumb.gif

8.  irked.gif  Big spend!  Belated birthday party for DS, went to local water park.  DH did the shopping while I was out with DS and friends.  Had lots of stuff to get so big spend there too.

9.  irked.gif  Pizza for supper with MIL  only $12.00 but it still adds up.

10.  Today should be a no-spend...I'll post again later when I know for sure.

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#86 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:

grouphug.gif  That sucks.  Especially coming now when it is your husband's "off" season. 

Thanks for the hug.  I felt better after the rant.  And, yes, it is because this is the off season.  Expenses go up, income slows down to practically non-existant in winter and I feel like Scrooge suddenly.  

#87 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 AM

12/8   oops.gif  It had to happen sooner or later.  Groceries $89.  Hot chocolate stop $4.  Including last night's DQ $16, that puts us at $108 out of $156 for the week that just started!

12/9  dizzy.gifChristmas tree shopping.  Cost of trees doubled.  Ouch!

12/10  jammin.gif  No spend today.  Making bread today.  Made a big ol' pot of soupy beans, smoky with bacon.  Mmmmm.

12/11    Some groceries.  A little bit of Christmas shopping.  Need some socks for the girls.  Well-child appt for dd2.

12/12  I work today, so a no-spend 

12/13  Probably a few more groceries

#88 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 AM

12/1 Cuss.gif We were traveling and I forgot to feed us breakfast before we left. Spent $15.
12/2 eyesroll.gif Today will be budgeted Christmas spending only.
12/3 eyesroll.gif Oil change and I'll spend about $10 on the way home. Tomorrow should be my first no spend day!
12/4 eyesroll.gifCuss.gif Ok so I spent about $95 on groceries which is $5 under budget even though $7 was unnecessary stuff and I spent $7 at starbucks because my kids pushed me to my coffee point. :(
12/5 joy.gifCuss.gif I was good all day until I went through chick fil a. $17. I didn't even think about it! It was like...subconcious or something, afterwards I was like "NOOO, my no spend day!!!" Sigh.

12/6 Cuss.gifenergy.gif $5 on breakfast and I'm about to go to Wal Mart to get my 2 yo his own undies since he randomly decided to poop and pee on the potty today.energy.gif

12/7 jammin.gif Well I'm traveling again today. I'm packing snacks and drinks for the boys and myself. I'll probably spend less than $3 on coffee/coke to stay awake. (It's 3.5 hours through central/west Texas..very boring and makes me literally fall asleep if I'm not careful).

12/8 jammin.gifToday I'm at my parents house and they tend to pay for anything while we're here. It makes me feel silly since I'm a grown woman but right now I will be grateful and I'll pay them back as we go on.

12/9 Cuss.gif$6.25 on drinks for my parents and me after church.

12/10 Cuss.gif $10 traveling

4/20 No spend days

Key
joy.gif Did something frugal at home
jammin.gif No spend
eyesroll.gif Budgeted spend
Cuss.gif Unbudgeted Spend

#89 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Good day today

Quote:

My progress so far = 5 days

01..  $166 ski stuff

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $8.50 bagels

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  $215 Christmas

07..  thumb.gif

08..  $35 eating out

09..  thumb.gif

#90 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:

12/10  jammin.gif  No spend today.  Making bread today.  Made a big ol' pot of soupy beans, smoky with bacon.  Mmmmm.

Or not making bread today.  Apparently putting up the tree takes half the day these days!  At least it doesn't cost anything to put the ornaments up.  And it looks lovely!  So happy we didn't need any new lights this year.  A couple of strings kept flashing, so there is a good possibility that one morning when we plug in the tree, both strings will fail.  Too late!  Everything is up and on and I am done.  

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page