~December~ No-Spend Challenge -- Is your shopping finished? Time to come join us! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Key

thumb.gif  No Spend/ Budgeted Spending

irked.gif  Un-budgeted/ Unnecessary Spending

knit.gif  Crafted for at least 30 minutes

1.  irked.gif knit.gif Unbudgeted lunch out, budgeted grocery shopping.

2.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Didn't go anywhere.  DH fixed a faulty outlet in the kitchen, then we put together our free bed frame.  This is how we need to spend our weekends, getting household projects done, NOT shopping.

3.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Bought the very last thing on the Christmas gift list (I've been watching zuliliy for it for weeks now), but it was budgeted.  There shouldn't be anymore spending happening today, hopefully raking and garden bed upkeep will get done instead.

4.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Budgeted spending today, but I feel angry.gif  DS2 has a virus that ended us up in the dr's office (rash & fever), had to get him an Rx for some steroid cream for his flaring eczema, stopped at the grocery store and grabbed some quick things for dinner (thankfully there's money in the food budget).

5.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Stayed home, stayed away from online shopping, got a gnome for DD3 knit, will be working on more crafting after the rugrats go to bed.

6.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Stayed home again, no spending.  Lots of crafting for the holidays happening.

7.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  REALLY wanted to get fast food for dinner but DH and I decided he'd make a quick run to the store instead.  $$ for groceries is in the budget, fast food isn't (especially when it's almost $40 for our family at McDs).  Made cookies with the kids for a cookie exchange I'm going to tomorrow.

8.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Cookie exchange and holiday crafting.  No spending.

9.  irked.gif  knit.gif  3 sick kids dizzy.gif, $30 ordered pizza for dinner, totally unbudgeted.

10. thumb.gif  Budgeted spending, placed my seed order for 2013's growing season.  Rest of the day I carried around a sick toddler. so NO crafting was done.

8/20 No Spend Days

9/20 Crafting Days

Tomorrow DS2 has an allergist appointment with skin testing.  There will be unbudgeted spending afterward when we head to WalMart for a toy as a reward.  Yes, I bribe my children sometimes.  If the bribe of a toy gets him to sit through a 3 hour allergist appointment with tiny needles pricking his arms, I'll gladly spend whatever money I need to.

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#92 of 184 Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 AM

thumb.gif = No spend/budgeted spend

irked.gif = Unbudgeted spend

1.  irked.gif  Breakfast out

2.  irked.gif  Lunch out after church

3.  irked.gif  Supper out tonight with a dear cousin who is going through a rough patch

4.  thumb.gif

5.  irked.gif  Man, this month is hard to get a grip on.  Supper out, husband made 2 purchases (one at school and one on-line). 

6. thumb.gif

7.  thumb.gif

8.  irked.gif  Big spend!  Belated birthday party for DS, went to local water park.  DH did the shopping while I was out with DS and friends.  Had lots of stuff to get so big spend there too.

9.  irked.gif  Pizza for supper with MIL  only $12.00 but it still adds up.

10. thumb.gif  Budgeted spend...Christmas shopping for DH and a couple of extras for DS.  I have a Christmas budget every year.

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#93 of 184 Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillingMyQuiver View Post

Tomorrow DS2 has an allergist appointment with skin testing.  There will be unbudgeted spending afterward when we head to WalMart for a toy as a reward.  Yes, I bribe my children sometimes.  If the bribe of a toy gets him to sit through a 3 hour allergist appointment with tiny needles pricking his arms, I'll gladly spend whatever money I need to.

Indeed.  We've been through that too many times.  Our bribe is a stick of rock candy from the candy store.  Despite what some people say, those tests hurt.  And then there's the waiting, and if there are reactions you are feeling crappy.  I need a reward just thinking about it!

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#94 of 184 Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

I've got to stop with the christmas spending.  enough is enough.  We need to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

My goal for the month = 15 thumb.gif no-spend days 

My progress so far = 5 days

01..  $166 ski stuff

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $8.50 bagels

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  $215 Christmas

07..  thumb.gif

08..  $35 eating out

09..  thumb.gif

10..  $50 more Christmas

15..  PAY OFF our 2nd Mortgage. 

#95 of 184 Old 12-11-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

Indeed.  We've been through that too many times.  Our bribe is a stick of rock candy from the candy store.  Despite what some people say, those tests hurt.  And then there's the waiting, and if there are reactions you are feeling crappy.  I need a reward just thinking about it!

I totally felt like I needed a reward afterward; my anxiety was through the roof and my pregnant, hormonal self was really worried.  BUT, on the upside, DS2 did GREAT!!  He sat in DH's lap and let the nurse do the test and we brought the laptop so he could watch a movie during the wait times and he didn't try to scratch anything.

On the downside, our food budget will be greatly affected from the results of the tests.  We need to go wheat-free, something that we use A LOT of as I bake most of the kids breakfasts.  And we need to limit his eggs (which we've been doing as he doesn't like them straight, but we use them in the baked goods.  His allergist thinks he may tolerate them in the baked goods BUT most of the wheat free baked good recipes increase the amount of eggs in them).

Key

1.  irked.gif knit.gif Unbudgeted lunch out, budgeted grocery shopping.

2.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Didn't go anywhere.  DH fixed a faulty outlet in the kitchen, then we put together our free bed frame.  This is how we need to spend our weekends, getting household projects done, NOT shopping.

3.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Bought the very last thing on the Christmas gift list (I've been watching zuliliy for it for weeks now), but it was budgeted.  There shouldn't be anymore spending happening today, hopefully raking and garden bed upkeep will get done instead.

4.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Budgeted spending today, but I feel angry.gif  DS2 has a virus that ended us up in the dr's office (rash & fever), had to get him an Rx for some steroid cream for his flaring eczema, stopped at the grocery store and grabbed some quick things for dinner (thankfully there's money in the food budget).

5.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Stayed home, stayed away from online shopping, got a gnome for DD3 knit, will be working on more crafting after the rugrats go to bed.

6.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Stayed home again, no spending.  Lots of crafting for the holidays happening.

7.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  REALLY wanted to get fast food for dinner but DH and I decided he'd make a quick run to the store instead.  $$ for groceries is in the budget, fast food isn't (especially when it's almost $40 for our family at McDs).  Made cookies with the kids for a cookie exchange I'm going to tomorrow.

9.  irked.gif  knit.gif  3 sick kids dizzy.gif, $30 ordered pizza for dinner, totally unbudgeted.

10. thumb.gif  Budgeted spending, placed my seed order for 2013's growing season.  Rest of the day I carried around a sick toddler. so NO crafting was done.

11.  irked.gif  Unbudgeted spending.  DS2's allergist appointment involved skin testing, we bribed him with a toy from WM ($24).  No plan for dinner, DH stopped at the store and picked up our first try at wheat free pasta and sauce ($13).

8/20 No Spend Days

9/20 Crafting Days

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

#96 of 184 Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM

key:

no spend-thumb.gif     

budgeted spend-winky.gif       

over budget or not budgeted-greensad.gif   

extra shift, freebee awesome deal-joy.gif   

hung clothes on line- hang.gif

12/1: greensad.gif  

12/2: greensad.gif  

12/3: thumb.gif

12/4: thumb.gif

12/5: thumb.gif

12/6: thumb.gif  hang.gif never made it to walmart

12/7: thumb.gif  

12/8: greensad.gif went to Costco unbudgeted but used a Costco cash card that i got back from having HVAC done in June.

12/9: thumb.gif

12/10: winky.gif finally made it to walmart

12/11: thumb.gif  hang.gif

#97 of 184 Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 PM

12/1 Waldorf Winter Faire.  Cost went up--spent $35 faint.gif.  Spent $8 on Christmas ornaments, so an itty-bitty oops.gif.  Still, I packed lunch as planned, and made no other stops.  So I deserve something, and this little Bouncy-Dude is just right. biggrinbounce.gif

12/2   jammin.gif No-spend day 

12/3   jammin.gif No spend day  Made that awesome, no-spend, handcrafted Christmas wreath you can see on post #29.

12/4  banana.gifGroceries $92  Stuck to the lists!!   I just didn't make the very best lists.  

12/5  banana.gifGroceries $34.  That's $126/ $156 for the week ending Friday.

12/6  banana.gif Online Christmas shopping.  I get a Dancing Banana today, but I don't know how I'm going to stick the Christmas budget dh and I agreed on.  

12/7  banana.gif Had about $30 in this week's food budget left to keep on target for the month, spent $29.34!!  Dinner at DQ tonight instead of tomorrow $16.

12/8   oops.gif  It had to happen sooner or later.  Groceries $89.  Hot chocolate stop $4.  Including last night's DQ $16, that puts us at $108 out of $156 for the week that just started!

12/9  dizzy.gifChristmas tree shopping.  Cost of trees doubled.  Ouch!

12/10  jammin.gif  No spend today.  Made a big ol' pot of soupy beans, smoky with bacon.  Mmmmm.  And cheap!

12/11   banana.gif Errand day/ Well-child appt.  I am back in the groove!!  The only thing that could have been sweeter would have been if the girls' socks were on sale BUT I had a Rewards coupon, my Rewards Card rebate, another coupon for toys the girls bought with their allowance, Christmas cards 40% off.  I resisted buying a box of Zbars, and bought just the 2 we needed for snacks today.  Bought peppermints and butterscotches for treats.  I bought a bag in bulk, but I have been known to pick out 2 candies a piece.  Groceries, including snacks and treats, came in under $20; the whole shebang, including the toys, which I really shouldn't be counting because it's their money, all came in under $45.

I packed lunches and snacks.  I had to avoid feeling like I needed to stop for fries, or buy expensive snacks at the stores.  I didn't load the cart up with sale items.  I bought 2 sale juices (organic--the girls are used to waiting until some are on sale and there is always something they like) and one loaf of bread, making sure that sale lasted through December.  Just writing, I feel like I need an extra bouncy-dude-icon, so here she is: biggrinbounce.gif

Phew!  I needed a day like today.  That leaves us $25 left for the week to keep track with our monthly food/eat-out budget ($800).  We might squeak by.  Tomorrow is a no-spend day.  That leaves Thursday and Friday.  

Here are the goals for the next 3 days:

12/12  I work today, so a no-spend 

12/13  Probably a few more groceries

12/14  This should be a no-spend

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#98 of 184 Old 12-12-2012, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

I've mentally made two more goals -- no going into stores and no more buying for Christmas.  We have everything we need. 

Today should be a good day -- I have to work and the car is still in the shop so no driving anywhere.

I hope to be back on here later with another no spend under my belt

#99 of 184 Old 12-12-2012, 05:15 AM

Can I join in here? I feel like my/our family spending has really gotten out of control lately and I really need some support and encouragement.  I need to readjust our spending divert some of the money we have been wasting into savings for some big expenses we have looming. We probably will need a new roof and a new furnace within the next 3 years and my oldest starts college in 51/2 years.  We also saved up a emergency fund and have spent some of it recently because of expensive dental work.

I am going to try not to spend, but my goals are also going to be making reasonable meals at home, turning the thermostat down, and finding deals on some things we really need. I haven't been on here in awhile and I feel like we have sort of lost our way financially.

12/12/12 - As good a day for a new beginning as any!

#100 of 184 Old 12-12-2012, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
12/1 Cuss.gif We were traveling and I forgot to feed us breakfast before we left. Spent $15.
12/2 eyesroll.gif Today will be budgeted Christmas spending only.
12/3 eyesroll.gif Oil change and I'll spend about $10 on the way home. Tomorrow should be my first no spend day!
12/4 eyesroll.gifCuss.gif Ok so I spent about $95 on groceries which is $5 under budget even though $7 was unnecessary stuff and I spent $7 at starbucks because my kids pushed me to my coffee point. :(
12/5 joy.gifCuss.gif I was good all day until I went through chick fil a. $17. I didn't even think about it! It was like...subconcious or something, afterwards I was like "NOOO, my no spend day!!!" Sigh.
Stuff I did to be frugal at home: We had oranges with breakfast and I had lemon water, I put all the peels in a big jar and covered with vinegar to make a citrus cleaning solution. We are also making granola bars for snacks and I'm using the leftover granola bar stuff to make a homemade cold cereal for me to snack on after the boys go to bed (bran flakes, dried blueberries, cranberries and strawberries, chopped almonds, coconut).

12/6 Cuss.gifenergy.gif $5 on breakfast and I'm about to go to Wal Mart to get my 2 yo his own undies since he randomly decided to poop and pee on the potty today.energy.gif

12/7 jammin.gif Well I'm traveling again today. I'm packing snacks and drinks for the boys and myself. I'll probably spend less than $3 on coffee/coke to stay awake. (It's 3.5 hours through central/west Texas..very boring and makes me literally fall asleep if I'm not careful).

Besides that though, no spend days will be plentiful do to the fact that we are out of money. :P

Oh I'm counting today as a no spend because the $3 will all be change scrounged up, not from the budget.

12/8 jammin.gifToday I'm at my parents house and they tend to pay for anything while we're here. It makes me feel silly since I'm a grown woman but right now I will be grateful and I'll pay them back as we go on.

12/9 Cuss.gif$6.25 on drinks for my parents and me after church.

12/10 Cuss.gif $10 traveling

12/11 eyesroll.gifCuss.gifjoy.gifBought $45 in groceries. $10 in gas. $15 in eating out. I made almond milk for the first time. I'm not sure about it. 

12/12 jammin.gif Staying home today. It's cold and I need to clean. Hubby is coming home tomorrow or Friday from a 2 month TDY out of state.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/20 No spend days

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Key
joy.gif Did something frugal at home
jammin.gif No spend
eyesroll.gif Budgeted spend
Cuss.gif Unbudgeted Spend

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#101 of 184 Old 12-12-2012, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmonkeys View Post

I am going to try not to spend, but my goals are also going to be making reasonable meals at home, turning the thermostat down, and finding deals on some things we really need. I haven't been on here in awhile and I feel like we have sort of lost our way financially.

Welcome wildmonkey -- or are you the Mom of Wild Monkeys?  That's where I'm guessing your name came from.  :)

Nice to have you back at MDC. 

And good luck with the challenge!  You can track your spending you can track your mealmaking, you can track whatever it would help you to track on our thread.  We're here to encourage you in whatever way we can.

#102 of 184 Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_mae_ View Post

Staying home today. It's cold and I need to clean. Hubby is coming home tomorrow or Friday from a 2 month TDY out of state.

Welcome back for your husband!!

I'm home cleaning today too.

#103 of 184 Old 12-12-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:

Welcome back for your husband!!

I'm home cleaning today too.

Well nevermind on that. He got an hour towards home before his truck completely broke down. Not sure how he's getting home, what he's doing with the truck or how we can afford to fix it.. *cry*

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#104 of 184 Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_mae_ View Post

Well nevermind on that. He got an hour towards home before his truck completely broke down. Not sure how he's getting home, what he's doing with the truck or how we can afford to fix it.. *cry*

Oh no!  sorry to hear that, Mama.  greensad.gif

#105 of 184 Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

My progress so far = 6 days

01..  $166 ski stuff

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $8.50 bagels

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  $215 Christmas

07..  thumb.gif

08..  $35 eating out

09..  thumb.gif

10..  $50 more Christmas

11..  thumb.gif

15..  PAY OFF our 2nd Mortgage. 

#106 of 184 Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Post

key:

no spend-thumb.gif     

budgeted spend-winky.gif       

over budget or not budgeted-greensad.gif   

extra shift, freebee awesome deal-joy.gif   

hung clothes on line- hang.gif

12/1: greensad.gif  

12/2: greensad.gif  

12/3: thumb.gif

12/4: thumb.gif

12/5: thumb.gif

12/6: thumb.gif  hang.gif never made it to walmart

12/7: thumb.gif  

12/8: greensad.gif went to Costco unbudgeted but used a Costco cash card that i got back from having HVAC done in June so not out of budget.

12/9: thumb.gif

12/10: winky.gif finally made it to walmart

12/11: thumb.gif  hang.gif

12/12: thumb.gif

#107 of 184 Old 12-12-2012, 07:41 PM

Key

1.  irked.gifknit.gif Unbudgeted lunch out, budgeted grocery shopping.

11.  irked.gif  Unbudgeted spending.  DS2's allergist appointment involved skin testing, we bribed him with a toy from WM ($24).  No plan for dinner, DH stopped at the store and picked up our first try at wheat free pasta and sauce ($13).

12. thumb.gif  No crafting today, 8yo DS1, 4yo DD2, and DH all are sick.

9/20 No Spend Days

9/20 Crafting Days

#108 of 184 Old 12-13-2012, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

Still car-less today.  they weren't able to fix it yesterday so we're staying home today and I should be able to get another no-spend if I just stay away from internet shopping. 

#109 of 184 Old 12-13-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:

Still car-less today.  they weren't able to fix it yesterday so we're staying home today and I should be able to get another no-spend if I just stay away from internet shopping

thumbsup.gif You can do it!!!

#110 of 184 Old 12-13-2012, 07:52 AM

3.  irked.gif  Supper out tonight with a dear cousin who is going through a rough patch

4.  thumb.gif

5.  irked.gif  Man, this month is hard to get a grip on.  Supper out, husband made 2 purchases (one at school and one on-line). 

6. thumb.gif

7.  thumb.gif

8.  irked.gif  Big spend!  Belated birthday party for DS, went to local water park.  DH did the shopping while I was out with DS and friends.  Had lots of stuff to get so big spend there too.

10. thumb.gif  Budgeted spend...Christmas shopping for DH and a couple of extras for DS.  I have a Christmas budget every year.

11.  irked.gif

12.  irked.gif

13.  Man, I can't wait till this month is over.  I did so much better last month.

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#111 of 184 Old 12-13-2012, 09:15 AM

12.12.12 - First day and I already spent some money Sheepish.gif : 2 recessed lighting light bulbs $14, sweat pants for son's costume in school play (though he will get other wear out of them) $6, b-day party gift $10 & 3 sports tshirts for Christmas presents $1 each  - $33 okay for a Target run this close to Christmas.  What worries me is there is suddenly a light on in my car crap.gif

#112 of 184 Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmonkeys View Post
  What worries me is there is suddenly a light on in my car crap.gif

I haaaate spending money on the car!  Must be done, but it hurts.

#113 of 184 Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealsmith83 View Post

13.  Man, I can't wait till this month is over.  I did so much better last month.

December is SUCH a hard month.  But at least you are still tracking and still with us! 

#114 of 184 Old 12-13-2012, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

I haaaate spending money on the car!  Must be done, but it hurts.

Me too!!!!  especially because you give them huge sums of money...and they give you back the exact same car you started with. 

I just spent $250 replacing our car window that some vandalizing no-gooder broke.  $250.  For NOTHING.  Grrrr...I'm forgetting about it and driving on.  It is nice to have a car back after four days without one.

#115 of 184 Old 12-13-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

My progress so far = 8 days

01..  $166 ski stuff

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $8.50 bagels

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  $215 Christmas

07..  thumb.gif

08..  $35 eating out

09..  thumb.gif

10..  $50 more Christmas

11..  thumb.gif

12..  thumb.gif

13..  thumb.gif

14..  PAY OFF our 2nd Mortgage

#116 of 184 Old 12-13-2012, 01:59 PM

12/1 Waldorf Winter Faire.  Cost went up--spent $35 faint.gif.  Spent $8 on Christmas ornaments, so an itty-bitty oops.gif.  Still, I packed lunch as planned, and made no other stops.  So I deserve something, and this little Bouncy-Dude is just right. biggrinbounce.gif

12/2   jammin.gif No-spend day 

12/3   jammin.gif No spend day  Made that awesome, no-spend, handcrafted Christmas wreath you can see on post #29.

12/4  banana.gifGroceries $92  Stuck to the lists!!   I just didn't make the very best lists.  

12/5  banana.gifGroceries $34.  That's $126/ $156 for the week ending Friday.

12/6  banana.gif Online Christmas shopping.  I get a Dancing Banana today, but I don't know how I'm going to stick the Christmas budget dh and I agreed on.  

12/7  banana.gif Had about $30 in this week's food budget left to keep on target for the month, spent $29.34!!  Dinner at DQ tonight instead of tomorrow $16.

12/8   oops.gif  It had to happen sooner or later.  Groceries $89.  Hot chocolate stop $4.  Including last night's DQ $16, that puts us at $108 out of $156 for the week that just started!

12/9  dizzy.gifChristmas tree shopping.  Cost of trees doubled.  Ouch!

12/10  jammin.gif  No spend today.  Made a big ol' pot of soupy beans, smoky with bacon.  Mmmmm.  And cheap!

12/11   banana.gif carrot.gifErrand day/ Well-child appt./ Groceries  I am back in the groove!!  I packed lunches and snacks.  I deserved an extra Happy Veggie.

12/12  jammin.gif  Work day.  No spend.

12/13  banana.gif  carrot.gif  Another day deserving an armada of Dancing Veggies.  DH came home with the groceries, and we came in at $151/ 156 for the week!  Nearly midway through the month we are at $478/$800, which includes the Azure Standard order.

Here are the goals for the next 4 days:

12/14  This should be a no-spend

12/15 & 12/16 Heading to the Big City and have some Big Spending planned for Christmas shopping and groceries.  I must make good lists.  I must stick to the lists.  I must give myself a weensy bit of wiggle room for the vagaries of Christmas shopping.  The Big Co-op trip sometimes gets figured into the monthly food budget the way I do Azure Standard:  I spread the cost over 4 weeks, since I make this trip no more than every other month.  That helps even out the spending on groceries, at least on paper.  Prevents the accounting from showing $700 one month and $1000 the next.  Gets me closer to seeing the average, and I can make a more realistic goal from that.

12/17  This will be no-spend

#117 of 184 Old 12-13-2012, 03:37 PM

12.12.12  First day and I already spent some money Sheepish.gif : 2 recessed lighting light bulbs $14, sweat pants for son's costume in school play (though he will get other wear out of them) $6, b-day party gift $10 & 3 sports tshirts for Christmas presents $1 each  - $33 okay for a Target run this close to Christmas.  What worries me is there is suddenly a light on in my car

12.13.12  No spend today smile.gif Found out that the light in my car can be caused by the gas cap not being on tight enough and was told to give it a couple of days. Have my fingers crossed that that is all it is.   

#118 of 184 Old 12-14-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

01..  $166 ski stuff

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $8.50 bagels

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  $215 Christmas

07..  thumb.gif

08..  $35 eating out

09..  thumb.gif

10..  $50 more Christmas

11..  thumb.gif

12..  thumb.gif

13..  thumb.gif

14..  PAY OFF our 2nd Mortgage

Crunchy*VT*Mom - Today's the big day!!!  Woohoo!  So sorry that some no-good stinker vandalized your car!  That stinks big time.  People can be just flat mean.

SweetSilver - great job on the groceries!  Keep up the good work.

wildmonkeys - Our van works that way, if you don't get that gas cap on just right the light comes on...it's happened to us a couple of times.  Hopefully that's all it is.

4.  thumb.gif

6. thumb.gif

7.  thumb.gif

11.  irked.gif

12.  irked.gif

13.  irked.gif

14.  There's always hope for today...right???  blush.gif

#119 of 184 Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

01..  $166 ski stuff

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $8.50 bagels

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  $215 Christmas

07..  thumb.gif

08..  $35 eating out

09..  thumb.gif

10..  $50 more Christmas

11..  thumb.gif

12..  thumb.gif

13..  thumb.gif

14..  PAY OFF our 2nd Mortgage champagne.gif

jumpers.gif WOOOHOOOO!!!!!  jumpers.gif

#120 of 184 Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 AM

12/1 Cuss.gif We were traveling and I forgot to feed us breakfast before we left. Spent $15.
12/2 eyesroll.gif Today will be budgeted Christmas spending only.
12/3 eyesroll.gif Oil change and I'll spend about $10 on the way home. Tomorrow should be my first no spend day!
12/4 eyesroll.gifCuss.gif Ok so I spent about $95 on groceries which is $5 under budget even though $7 was unnecessary stuff and I spent $7 at starbucks because my kids pushed me to my coffee point. :(
12/5 joy.gifCuss.gif I was good all day until I went through chick fil a. $17. I didn't even think about it! It was like...subconcious or something, afterwards I was like "NOOO, my no spend day!!!" Sigh.
Stuff I did to be frugal at home: We had oranges with breakfast and I had lemon water, I put all the peels in a big jar and covered with vinegar to make a citrus cleaning solution. We are also making granola bars for snacks and I'm using the leftover granola bar stuff to make a homemade cold cereal for me to snack on after the boys go to bed (bran flakes, dried blueberries, cranberries and strawberries, chopped almonds, coconut).

12/6 Cuss.gifenergy.gif $5 on breakfast and I'm about to go to Wal Mart to get my 2 yo his own undies since he randomly decided to poop and pee on the potty today.energy.gif

12/7 jammin.gif Well I'm traveling again today. I'm packing snacks and drinks for the boys and myself. I'll probably spend less than $3 on coffee/coke to stay awake. (It's 3.5 hours through central/west Texas..very boring and makes me literally fall asleep if I'm not careful).

Besides that though, no spend days will be plentiful do to the fact that we are out of money. :P

Oh I'm counting today as a no spend because the $3 will all be change scrounged up, not from the budget.

12/8 jammin.gifToday I'm at my parents house and they tend to pay for anything while we're here. It makes me feel silly since I'm a grown woman but right now I will be grateful and I'll pay them back as we go on.

12/9 Cuss.gif$6.25 on drinks for my parents and me after church.

12/10 Cuss.gif $10 traveling

12/11 eyesroll.gifCuss.gifjoy.gifBought $45 in groceries. $10 in gas. $15 in eating out. I made almond milk for the first time. I'm not sure about it. 

12/12 jammin.gif Staying home today. It's cold and I need to clean. Hubby is coming home tomorrow or Friday from a 2 month TDY out of state.

12/13 eyesroll.gif Food money spent

12/14 eyesroll.gif Rest of grocery money spent and gas card bought.

6/20 No spend days

Key
joy.gif Did something frugal at home
jammin.gif No spend
eyesroll.gif Budgeted spend
Cuss.gif Unbudgeted Spend

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page