~December~ No-Spend Challenge -- Is your shopping finished? Time to come join us! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 184 Old 12-30-2012, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am impressed that people are doing so well this week.  I have done some spending on fun stuff with the kids (but I have also been working A LOT) so I tried to enjoy it.  We went out for Sushi (we have a really reasonable Sushi place that is $7 for all you can eat and they make it fresh) so even though it was expensive - I feel like it is a good value. We also went bowling one day $15 and I bought each of the kiddos a pair of sweats $5 each sale at the Children's Place outlets.

So that is $65 total shy.gif

And we are going to Philly to spend New Year's with friends tomorrow so I am sure we will spend some.

In another kind of spending - with DH home for a weekend with no sports - we are tackling some home improvement projects.  DH bought insulation and drywall and is finishing the garage.  Even though he spent some $ on the project - I think it will save us in heating because the family room (next to the garage) is always freezing.

We also bought a bit of shelving and added a shelf to my closet as well as ds1s - $25 but not having everything piled up on the floor - priceless joy.gif

So this was my first month back and I haven't been that successful, but I am going to start a day-by-day in January and try to get some inspiration from you all!!!

#182 of 184 Old 12-30-2012, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmonkeys View Post

(we have a really reasonable Sushi place that is $7 for all you can eat and they make it fresh) so even though it was expensive - I feel like it is a good value.

eat.gif  If that sushi place was anywhere near where I live...I'd NEVER get a no-spend day.  mmmm....

#183 of 184 Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 PM

The sushi place is amazing!!! We have made friends with the sushi chef over the years.  He actually sends whole plates of sushi to our table that he knows we like - just rice & crab for the little kiddos. White tuna and salmon creations for me...yum!

Not to mention - I estimated/overestimated the cost of sushi place. Under 3 is free, 3-6 year olds are $3.25, and 7-10 year olds are $4.10 - this includes drinks and there are always "15% off your entire bill" coupons in our free paper.

#184 of 184 Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

I was hoping to close out 2012 with a no-spend day...but alas...partying won out! 

I hope all of you have a wonderful new year's eve tonight and I'll see you over on the January thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

My goal for the month = 15 thumb.gif no-spend days 

My progress so far = 18 days  joy.gif

01..  $166 ski stuff

02..  thumb.gif

03..  $8.50 bagels

04..  thumb.gif

05..  thumb.gif

06..  $215 Christmas

07..  thumb.gif

08..  $35 eating out

09..  thumb.gif

10..  $50 more Christmas

11..  thumb.gif

12..  thumb.gif

13..  thumb.gif

14..  $20 more eating out 

15..  $7 hot cocoa + flowers

16..  thumb.gif

17..  thumb.gif

18..  $100 Christmas stuff

19..  thumb.gif

20..  $23 Broken snow globes and breakfast

21..  $35  Alcohol for party

22..  thumb.gif

23..  $35 ski

24..  thumb.gif  (spent tons on groceries, but it was budgeted)

25..  thumb.gif

26..  thumb.gif sledding = free

27..  thumb.gif huge snowstorm = shovelling = free

28..  thumb.gif

29..  thumb.gif

30..  $15 skiing

31..  $143  party food and alcohol for tonight

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page