Timely Payment of Health Care Claims? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Not sure if this is the best forum for this, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how long an insurance company has to pay or deny a claim once they receive it? (I'm in Texas, if that matters.) My insurance company has been sitting on my speech therapy claims for a month now. I am planning to call to ask about it this week, but if there is any legal leverage I can use, I'd like to know about it!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24******32***36***40** Oct 2014
#2 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Contacting the insurance commission for your state is a great start and finding out the laws there.  Then you could make a complaint and they may even advocate for you to get them taken care of. 

'09   
#3 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Many insurance plans will only cover speech theraphy for rehab (such as after a stroke) and not for developmental disorders, but it completely depends on your specific plan. My bet is that the insurance company is reviewing your claim, but give them a call and you'll know for sure.

Kate~ Mama to two.

Tags
Finances

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page