January No Spend Challenge~ Ringing in the New Year with $$ in our Pockets!!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

I will not spend money today.  No. No. No.

I'm getting my purse out of the car and locking it in the filing cabinet.

I'm giving DH the keys!

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#362 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:

I will not spend money today.  No. No. No.

I'm getting my purse out of the car and locking it in the filing cabinet.

Go CrunchyVTMom!!!!!   You can do it!  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#363 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 06:48 AM

I am not spending today either. The neighborhood kids have the day off for MLK day and my kids are campaigning against their homeschool lessons.  I think we are having a fun day off and playing outside in the yard.  These days with friends are few and far between, can't waste a good play day.

We have good news!   We accepted the offer on our house!  The deal seems pretty good, we would have liked a bit more money (who doesn't?), but really, I think we are very lucky to be able to sell without losing any money.  

So, paperwork is signed.  Now I need to start clearing out more stuff.   I accomplished a goal and sold the freezer on Craigslist.  Someone is coming to pick it up next Saturday.  Fingers crossed that goes well.  I have never sold anything on Craigslist.   That will be $150 in our pocket.  

We have food for dinner, just need to cook it.  And I need to make a list of what needs to be done around here.  Being busy means less spending for me.  

#364 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 AM

I hate going out when public school is out, too many kids..too much craziness!

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#365 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Key

thumb.gif  No Spend/ Budgeted Spending

irked.gif  Unbudgeted/ Unnecessary Spending

knit.gif  Crafted for at least 30 minutres

1.  irked.gif  Not exactly how I wanted to start the year/ month, but all well.  Another $200 spent at Home Depot for more shelving for my kids' rooms, $40 spent at the grocery store while we continue to wrap our head around the food allergies.

2.  thumb.gif

3.  thumb.gif

4.  thumb.gif

5.  thumb.gif  $$ bought DDs's birthday cake and ice cream for DS2.  Blew up the birth pool, gathered birth supplies, & put crib together.

6.  irked.gif  $75 at Home Depot.  Shelves are working out so well in the kids' rooms, DH and I decided to put some in our room.  Making split pea soup for after birth from a ham bone my mom saved.

7.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Frugal accomplishments for today:  started cutting out cloth wipes to sew for new baby, packed all our snacks and brought our water bottles to the 3hr meeting today that I had to take the kids w/ me to, cooked dinner at home even though I was exhausted after my meeting, including greens from our garden we have in a low tunnel, pulled out next size up clothes from storage for DD2 and DD3 (still need to go through DD3's drawers to pull out too small clothing, hopefully tomorrow)

8.  thumb.gif  $17 spent at grocery store for milk, pasta, and a jar of sauce (not frugal, I usually make my own sauce, but hey, we didn't eat out winky.gif).  Frugal accomplishments for today:  went through DD3's clothes, separated all of the clothes I've pulled from the drawers the last few weeks and started a donation bag, raked half my front yard and moved the leaves into the garden beds, dug a trench and buried 5 gallons of kitchen scraps in one of the beds, brought our change to the coinstar machine and got an amazon gift card.

9.  thumb.gif  $6 on an amazon grocery order for soy free chocolate chips, sorghum flour, and chia seeds.  Frugal accomplishments for today: used amazon gift card from yesterday for majority of amazon order, cut DS2's hair, ate all meals and snacks out of the pantry/ freezer

10. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Planned food shopping list for Saturday, cut cloth wipes from upcycled flannel sheet and towels, DH picked up our bulk foods co-op order last night so I was able to make a loaf of gluten-free bread  for lunch and muffins for breakfast, also eating dinner at home, started taxes, opened windows in house to get some fresh air in (we're in a warm streak), took the end of the loaf of bread I made and set it aside to make gluten free bread crumbs

11.  irked.gif  DH made a pretty big purchase today.  We put it on our CC and will pay it off next month b/c it was a last minute, completely unbudgeted purchase.  Also bought some groceries.  Frugal accomplishments for today: wintersowed 5 containers (3 onions and 2 broccoli) using seed starting soil from last year and jugs I've been saving.

12. thumb.gif  Did our big, once-a-month grocery shop.  Apparently I wasn't paying as close attention when I made my list b/c I ended up buying quite a bit of duplicates of things we didn't really need, though they can go in the stockpile now.  We overspent our food budget by about $90, but I'm not sure how much of that is food cost increases, allergen free ingredients that are slightly more expensive, or a just a general need to increase the food budget that I don't want to come to terms with, lol.gif .

13. irked.gif  Had to pick up mailing labels for a project for DD1's troop.  It wasn't in the budget, but I told my co-leader I'd take care of it.

14. thumb.gif  Pack meeting pot luck at scouts, except it was "Bring your fave pizza from your fave pizza place" night.  Ugh, we can't have pizza now because of DS2's allergies, so I packed sandwiches on homemade gluten-free bread and made gluten free rice krispie treats for dessert.  Picked up 50lbs of potatoes on the way home ($17).

15. thumb.gif  knit.gif Set aside pieces from yesterday's bread loaves to use for breadcrumbs, finished cutting out rest of the upcycled baby wipes (over 6 dozen total, we totally need them, the wipes I'm using now are falling apart & some are approaching 8yrs old) hopefully I'll get them serged up tonight, made sure the hose/ siphon for the birth pool was clean, also started a crockpot full of chicken stock from 2 frozen carcasses

16. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Not going anywhere, no money should be spent.  We haven't seen the sun in about a week, we've had 3 days of rain, and we're all going stir crazy in this house.  Finished the 6 dozen cloth wipes, went through the wipe stash and pulled out the unusable ones, cut out the pieces to sew 2 wool pilot caps for the babe on the way

17. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Didn't leave the house, "they" were calling for snow (we've gotten none).  All meals eaten at home, DH worked from home so no gas usage, started sewing the wool pilot caps, started cutting some pocket inserts for DD3's Fuzzi Bunz (the ones we're using are falling apart).

18. irked.gif  knit.gif  $45 spent at Five Guys for dinner.  Frugal things for the day: cut more pocket inserts for DD3's diapers, finished some leftovers for lunch, DH worked from home

19. irked.gif  $40 spent at grocery store, not budgeted.  Going to try to work on serging pocket inserts and maybe some diapers for DD3.  Will get 2 loaves of bread rising before bed for lunch tomorrow and hopefully gather supplies up to make soap, deodorant, and lotion bars tomorrow, too.

20. irked.gif  knit.gif  Ugh.  $15 spent at store for new cheese grater, instant read thermometer, and a candy thermometer.  DD3 is sick, so I haven't gotten much sewing or fabric cutting going.  I *did* manage to make deodorant and our "boo boo lotion" yesterday.  Went to the hardware store for lye, but they were already closed eyesroll.gif

Soap making is on the agenda for today, along with lotion bars, and setting up some makeshift shelving down in the basement for our overflow pantry items.  We have scouts tonight, so dinner will be quick sloppy joes over rice with homemade fries.

13/ 20 No Spend Days

7/ 20 Crafting Days

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#366 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_mae_ View Post

Lol!  Totally!   I have all (ALL!) of the neighborhood boys at my house right now.  Total insanity.  I am going to shoo them out in a few  so I can serve lunch.  I am not feeding all of these kids!  

sk8boarder15 likes this.

#367 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post

I am not spending today either. The neighborhood kids have the day off for MLK day and my kids are campaigning against their homeschool lessons.  I think we are having a fun day off and playing outside in the yard.  These days with friends are few and far between, can't waste a good play day.

We have good news!   We accepted the offer on our house!  The deal seems pretty good, we would have liked a bit more money (who doesn't?), but really, I think we are very lucky to be able to sell without losing any money.  

So, paperwork is signed.  Now I need to start clearing out more stuff.   I accomplished a goal and sold the freezer on Craigslist.  Someone is coming to pick it up next Saturday.  Fingers crossed that goes well.  I have never sold anything on Craigslist.   That will be $150 in our pocket.  

We have food for dinner, just need to cook it.  And I need to make a list of what needs to be done around here.  Being busy means less spending for me.  

Great news! Good luck with decluttering in prep for moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_mae_ View Post

Amen, sister lol.gif

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#368 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 08:34 AM

We took a free trip to our local bounce place yesterday, and I managed to avoid buying any snacks by informing the kids beforehand (repeatedly) that I would not be buying ANY food or drinks while we were out. I stuck to my guns even in the face of the candy spread they have in the lobby and told my youngest she could have trail mix in the car. She wasn't happy, but oh well! I do have to place my seed order via Baker Creek today before they start selling out, but that's necessary spending and comes out of the Home budget. Otherwise, we're staying in today, because it's COLD here this week!

In terms of a mid-month analysis, I haven't done as well as I'd hoped this month--still too many impromptu food spending instances--but as of today we're more than halfway through this pay period, and I still have $40 of my allowance left. This is pretty much unheard of! Usually by this point I'm pilfering money from our gas budget or borrowing from next period's grocery budget. So this thread has helped me quite a lot. I'll definitely be back for a February thread, and with renewed conviction.

Key: 

No frivolous/unbudgeted spending: thumb.gif

Unbudgeted spending: irked.gif

Ate at home all day: yummy.gif

12/30: thumb.gif

12/31: irked.gif

1/1: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/2: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/3: irked.gif $15 at Starbucks

1/4: yummy.gif irked.gif $9 in library fines 

1/5: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/6: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/7: yummy.gif irked.gif $60 on clothes, $15 on sneakers, and $20 on desk organizer

1/8: irked.gif $40 on desk organizing supplies, $15 on pizza for dinner

1/9: yummy.gif irked.gif $42 on black loafers, $2 library fine

1/10: irked.gif $25 on lunch out

1/11: irked.gif $25 on bagels and lunch, $25 on pizza for 6

1/12: irked.gif $23 on Moe's for dinner

1/13: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/14: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/15: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/16: irked.gif $6 library fines, $38 dinner at Panera

1/17: irked.gif $4 on gardening book, $7 on a quick lunch for starving kids

1/18: irked.gif $4 on hot dogs at Costco in between activities

1/19: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/20: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/21: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/22: 

1/23: 

1/24: 

1/25: 

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#369 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM

Pre-emptive no spend.  I've made it to 12:30 and usually that means I'm home free.  Can't spend it if I'm not out and about.

and YEAH!!!  I made my spend goal for this month.  Now to see if I can exceed my goal...  

Quote:

My Goal = 15 thumb.gif No-Spend days

My progress = 15 No-spend day so far  joy.gif

01..  $258 cross-country ski club for the kids

02..  thumb.gif

03..  thumb.gif

04..  thumb.gif

05..  $40.09  Date Night

06..  thumb.gif

07..  thumb.gif

08..  thumb.gif

09..  thumb.gif

10..  thumb.gif

11..  thumb.gif

12..  thumb.gif

13..  thumb.gif

14..  thumb.gif

15..  thumb.gif

16..  $6 McDonald's

17..  $8 Buddhism book for Mothers

18..  thumb.gif

19..  $19 Music

20..  $26 stuffed elephant

21   thumb.gif

#370 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Lol!  Totally!   I have all (ALL!) of the neighborhood boys at my house right now.  Total insanity.  I am going to shoo them out in a few  so I can serve lunch.  I am not feeding all of these kids!  

Yep, it gets crazy here too. All summer there was at least one extra kid at my house!!! 

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#371 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Pre-emptive no spend.  I've made it to 12:30 and usually that means I'm home free.  Can't spend it if I'm not out and about.

and YEAH!!!  I made my spend goal for this month.  Now to see if I can exceed my goal...  

joy.gif Way to go, Prudence!!

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

#372 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 PM

#373 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 PM

So my dog (who was the cause of unexpected spending this week) is now very ill and they don't know what is wrong. (Sorry if this is off-topic) but our budget for the month is totally blown now. Oh well, its worth it. Got home from the grocery store and he was panting hard, drooling, standing with an arched back and obviously in pain. I was worried about bloat, and took him to the vet, its not bloat, but at this point they don't know what it is. They did tests and there is some minor issues (not sure what) on the x-ray, and he has elevated RED blood cell count. Hes on IV fluids and pain meds for now and thats it. I won't go off topic about him again here, but I know there are a few of you that might be interested. You can follow his progress on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AidenWolfhound if you want to, so I can stick to the no-spend here. Today we are going to be spending lots of unbudget money, probably tomorrow too, if I'm not around a lot, its cuz I'm busy. I'm hoping later this week to get back on track. greensad.gif

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#374 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8boarder15 View Post

So my dog (who was the cause of unexpected spending this week) is now very ill and they don't know what is wrong. (Sorry if this is off-topic) but our budget for the month is totally blown now. Oh well, its worth it. Got home from the grocery store and he was panting hard, drooling, standing with an arched back and obviously in pain. I was worried about bloat, and took him to the vet, its not bloat, but at this point they don't know what it is. They did tests and there is some minor issues (not sure what) on the x-ray, and he has elevated RED blood cell count. Hes on IV fluids and pain meds for now and thats it. I won't go off topic about him again here, but I know there are a few of you that might be interested. You can follow his progress on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AidenWolfhound if you want to, so I can stick to the no-spend here. Today we are going to be spending lots of unbudget money, probably tomorrow too, if I'm not around a lot, its cuz I'm busy. I'm hoping later this week to get back on track. greensad.gif

Oh gosh, I'm so, so sorry! That's downright awful to not know why he is getting worse greensad.gif hug2.gif I'll be following his progress on facebook..

Me:  run.gif  DH:  hammer.gif 

Our babies:  reading.gif  blahblah.gif energy.gif moon.gif and a  stork-suprise.gif  coming in July

#375 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 06:35 PM

Tuesday 22nd January:

$3.69 on a loaf of bread thumb.gif

$306.98 / $ 1000 Grocery budget

$147.95 / $200 Gas budget

What I did today to save money:

Stayed at home and cooked from freezer/fridge/pantry

A WEEK IN REVIEW

My month begins on the 15th of every month as that's pay day and we are paid monthly.. I'm going to do a recap on the last 7 days. I couldn't wait another 7 days to do a mid monthly one.. I'm aching for some motivation to continue.

Any day where I spent on groceries and still come under my monthly allowance of $1000 is counted as a no spend day. For me, our groceries are right up there with mortgage and bills in the "essential" category.

Tuesday 15th January: $15 Flowers for neighbour, $225 Electric mincer irked.gif

Wednesday 16th January: No spend thumb.gif

Thursday 17th January: No spend thumb.gif

Friday 18th January: No spend thumb.gif

Saturday 19th January: $33 Lego on clearance irked.gif

Sunday 20th January: No spend thumb.gif

Monday 21st January: No spend thumb.gif

Tuesday 22nd January: No spend thumb.gif

Our babies:  reading.gif  blahblah.gif energy.gif moon.gif and a  stork-suprise.gif  coming in July

#376 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 PM

I know this doesn't have to do with no spend, but I came across it on a favorite blog of mine and thought I'd share. It's a good way to save $$ on those scrubbers and help the environment..

http://notbuyinganything.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/waste-not-mesh-produce-bag-pot-scrubbers.html#comment-form

#377 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOurBabies View Post

I know this doesn't have to do with no spend, but I came across it on a favorite blog of mine and thought I'd share. It's a good way to save $$ on those scrubbers and help the environment..

http://notbuyinganything.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/waste-not-mesh-produce-bag-pot-scrubbers.html#comment-form

love it! 

#378 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 07:32 PM

1/21

smile.gif gas $38.71

irked.gif soda $1.08

frugal things: made more lemonade using lemons from our tree, clipped coupons from Sunday's paper, roasted 3 large chicken breasts in the slow cooker for meals this week.

#379 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 PM

So, as a public school mom I have to say - I LOVE IT WHEN SCHOOL IS OUT :) I love, love, LOVE the extra time with my guys and we have a great time and avoid typical "kid places". Tomorrow I get 4 extra sweet boys and am up to a lucky 7 joy.gif

So here is my huge no spend accomplishment.....

We moved to our neighborhood about 3 years ago and for this 4 day weekend each year - one mom gets a block of rooms at Great Wolf Lodge.  She gets a good price and it is super fun and we have gone the last 3 years to meet neighbors and whatnot, but this year....we went to a cabin my parents own in WV instead and the only money we spent was a little bit on gas and $8 to buy my parents the kind of wine they like as a thank you.  In the past, between food and the room this weekend has cost us about $300.

My brother and his friends were there before us and he even called to ask if they should leave us their leftovers - so we didn't even have to use any groceries!!!

We had so much fun and the boys didn't seem like they missed out on the 50 plus family (seriously!!!) trip to Williamsburg. I wasn't sure how that would go because as much as the kids are lucky to have a little vacation cabin - when times were really tight, we once lived there for awhile so it is hard to spin it as a "vacation".

#380 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Key

1.  irked.gif  Not exactly how I wanted to start the year/ month, but all well.  Another $200 spent at Home Depot for more shelving for my kids' rooms, $40 spent at the grocery store while we continue to wrap our head around the food allergies.

2.  thumb.gif

3.  thumb.gif

4.  thumb.gif

5.  thumb.gif  $$ bought DDs's birthday cake and ice cream for DS2.  Blew up the birth pool, gathered birth supplies, & put crib together.

6.  irked.gif  $75 at Home Depot.  Shelves are working out so well in the kids' rooms, DH and I decided to put some in our room.  Making split pea soup for after birth from a ham bone my mom saved.

7.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Frugal accomplishments for today:  started cutting out cloth wipes to sew for new baby, packed all our snacks and brought our water bottles to the 3hr meeting today that I had to take the kids w/ me to, cooked dinner at home even though I was exhausted after my meeting, including greens from our garden we have in a low tunnel, pulled out next size up clothes from storage for DD2 and DD3 (still need to go through DD3's drawers to pull out too small clothing, hopefully tomorrow)

8.  thumb.gif  $17 spent at grocery store for milk, pasta, and a jar of sauce (not frugal, I usually make my own sauce, but hey, we didn't eat out winky.gif).  Frugal accomplishments for today:  went through DD3's clothes, separated all of the clothes I've pulled from the drawers the last few weeks and started a donation bag, raked half my front yard and moved the leaves into the garden beds, dug a trench and buried 5 gallons of kitchen scraps in one of the beds, brought our change to the coinstar machine and got an amazon gift card.

9.  thumb.gif  $6 on an amazon grocery order for soy free chocolate chips, sorghum flour, and chia seeds.  Frugal accomplishments for today: used amazon gift card from yesterday for majority of amazon order, cut DS2's hair, ate all meals and snacks out of the pantry/ freezer

10. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Planned food shopping list for Saturday, cut cloth wipes from upcycled flannel sheet and towels, DH picked up our bulk foods co-op order last night so I was able to make a loaf of gluten-free bread  for lunch and muffins for breakfast, also eating dinner at home, started taxes, opened windows in house to get some fresh air in (we're in a warm streak), took the end of the loaf of bread I made and set it aside to make gluten free bread crumbs

11.  irked.gif  DH made a pretty big purchase today.  We put it on our CC and will pay it off next month b/c it was a last minute, completely unbudgeted purchase.  Also bought some groceries.  Frugal accomplishments for today: wintersowed 5 containers (3 onions and 2 broccoli) using seed starting soil from last year and jugs I've been saving.

12. thumb.gif  Did our big, once-a-month grocery shop.  Apparently I wasn't paying as close attention when I made my list b/c I ended up buying quite a bit of duplicates of things we didn't really need, though they can go in the stockpile now.  We overspent our food budget by about $90, but I'm not sure how much of that is food cost increases, allergen free ingredients that are slightly more expensive, or a just a general need to increase the food budget that I don't want to come to terms with, lol.gif .

13. irked.gif  Had to pick up mailing labels for a project for DD1's troop.  It wasn't in the budget, but I told my co-leader I'd take care of it.

14. thumb.gif  Pack meeting pot luck at scouts, except it was "Bring your fave pizza from your fave pizza place" night.  Ugh, we can't have pizza now because of DS2's allergies, so I packed sandwiches on homemade gluten-free bread and made gluten free rice krispie treats for dessert.  Picked up 50lbs of potatoes on the way home ($17).

15. thumb.gif  knit.gif Set aside pieces from yesterday's bread loaves to use for breadcrumbs, finished cutting out rest of the upcycled baby wipes (over 6 dozen total, we totally need them, the wipes I'm using now are falling apart & some are approaching 8yrs old) hopefully I'll get them serged up tonight, made sure the hose/ siphon for the birth pool was clean, also started a crockpot full of chicken stock from 2 frozen carcasses

16. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Not going anywhere, no money should be spent.  We haven't seen the sun in about a week, we've had 3 days of rain, and we're all going stir crazy in this house.  Finished the 6 dozen cloth wipes, went through the wipe stash and pulled out the unusable ones, cut out the pieces to sew 2 wool pilot caps for the babe on the way

17. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Didn't leave the house, "they" were calling for snow (we've gotten none).  All meals eaten at home, DH worked from home so no gas usage, started sewing the wool pilot caps, started cutting some pocket inserts for DD3's Fuzzi Bunz (the ones we're using are falling apart).

18. irked.gif  knit.gif  $45 spent at Five Guys for dinner.  Frugal things for the day: cut more pocket inserts for DD3's diapers, finished some leftovers for lunch, DH worked from home

19. irked.gif  $40 spent at grocery store, not budgeted.  Going to try to work on serging pocket inserts and maybe some diapers for DD3.  Will get 2 loaves of bread rising before bed for lunch tomorrow and hopefully gather supplies up to make soap, deodorant, and lotion bars tomorrow, too.

20. irked.gif  knit.gif  Ugh.  $15 spent at store for new cheese grater, instant read thermometer, and a candy thermometer.  DD3 is sick, so I haven't gotten much sewing or fabric cutting going.  I *did* manage to make deodorant and our "boo boo lotion" yesterday.  Went to the hardware store for lye, but they were already closed eyesroll.gif

21. irked.gif  knit.gif  DH spent $6 at Chik Fil A for ice cream for the boys (there was some scheduling confusion w/ scouts and it ended up being canceled.  All the other parents took their kids to Chik Fil A for ice cream and playtime, DH felt like the boys would miss out if he didn't go), $18 spent at Lowe's fro more cinder blocks for our "overflow pantry" shelves that DH started setting up.  Soap is made, no lotion bars though b/c I realized I think my mom has the rest of the stash I previously made, I'll get them from her so I don't waste precious supplies on excess lotion bars.  Cut DS1 and DH's hair.  Made dinner at home, getting ready to start 2 loaves of bread for lunch tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my due date, not that it means anything since 4 of my 5 have come past their dates, but hey, it's to be celebrated.  I'm hoping for labor soon, though.

13/ 20 No Spend Days

8/ 20 Crafting Days

#381 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 PM

Micah_Mae   - hey $50 in Redbox fines is huge - so sorry!  We are OK with Redbox/Library fines, but that is an area where I am trying to do better this year. FYI once you hit a certain point it is often cheaper to replace the item than to return the item and pay the fine. 

#382 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmonkeys View Post

So, as a public school mom I have to say - I LOVE IT WHEN SCHOOL IS OUT :) I love, love, LOVE the extra time with my guys and we have a great time and avoid typical "kid places". Tomorrow I get 4 extra sweet boys and am up to a lucky 7 joy.gif

Aw, I don't blame you, mama smile.gif

#383 of 485 Old 01-21-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:

Micah_Mae   - hey $50 in Redbox fines is huge - so sorry!  We are OK with Redbox/Library fines, but that is an area where I am trying to do better this year. FYI once you hit a certain point it is often cheaper to replace the item than to return the item and pay the fine. 

How do you replace it? I don't know what to do about it personally except to avoid those type things all together which makes me sad. I can't always return things and I can't depend on DH to do it. :(

#384 of 485 Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillingMyQuiver View Post

Key

2.  thumb.gif

3.  thumb.gif

4.  thumb.gif

21. irked.gif  knit.gif  DH spent $6 at Chik Fil A for ice cream for the boys (there was some scheduling confusion w/ scouts and it ended up being canceled.  All the other parents took their kids to Chik Fil A for ice cream and playtime, DH felt like the boys would miss out if he didn't go), $18 spent at Lowe's fro more cinder blocks for our "overflow pantry" shelves that DH started setting up.  Soap is made, no lotion bars though b/c I realized I think my mom has the rest of the stash I previously made, I'll get them from her so I don't waste precious supplies on excess lotion bars.  Cut DS1 and DH's hair.  Made dinner at home, getting ready to start 2 loaves of bread for lunch tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my due date, not that it means anything since 4 of my 5 have come past their dates, but hey, it's to be celebrated.  I'm hoping for labor soon, though.

13/ 20 No Spend Days

8/ 20 Crafting Days

Ooooh!! Good luck mama!! How exciting love.gif babyf.gifFingers crossed for an easy labor fingersx.gif

#385 of 485 Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:

That's awesome news! joy.gif

#386 of 485 Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 AM

~~~ Good luck Jenn and easy labor vibes!!!!!! ~~~~

All three of my girls went way past their due dates.  They laugh at the idea of 40 weeks.  Ha ha!  but its not funny when you are so ready to have that baby in your arms.  We'll be thinking of you!!

#387 of 485 Old 01-22-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8boarder15 View Post

Oh, I am so sorry.  Sounds like everything that can be done for home is being done.  I wish his a quick diagnosis and speedy recovery.  

Edited to add:  I looked at his FB page.  What a beautiful dog!!!   Oh my, I am in tears.  Fingers crossed for him.  

#388 of 485 Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:

~~~ Good luck Jenn and easy labor vibes!!!!!! ~~~~

All three of my girls went way past their due dates.  They laugh at the idea of 40 weeks.  Ha ha!  but its not funny when you are so ready to have that baby in your arms.  We'll be thinking of you!!

My babies always overstayed their welcome too lol.gif My girls were 40w6d, 40w5d, 40w (due date).. but I had a very stressful event/shock that day as well as a CT scan irked.gif and I strongly believe I would have gone to 40w3d-40w4d with her had it not happened.. I went into labour within an hour of the scan and prior to that, had no signs of having that baby any time soon. My son was 40w2d. My kids still have to be dragged from their beds to this day. orngbiggrin.gif

#389 of 485 Old 01-22-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:

This is beautiful!    So glad you got some good time with your children.  And seven!  You are a powerhouse.  

#390 of 485 Old 01-22-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillingMyQuiver View Post

Happy Due Date Mama!!!!    So excited for you!!!!   joy.gif

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page