January No Spend Challenge~ Ringing in the New Year with $$ in our Pockets!!! - Page 16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#451 of 485 Old 01-28-2013, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

grouphug.gif  Junebugs Mom -- I hope you don't lose that job.  Or if you do that you are able to find another one that is even better.  Good luck to you, Mama.

JunebugsMom likes this.

#452 of 485 Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Key

thumb.gif  No Spend/ Budgeted Spending

irked.gif  Unbudgeted/ Unnecessary Spending

knit.gif  Crafted for at least 30 minutres

1.  irked.gif  Not exactly how I wanted to start the year/ month, but all well.  Another $200 spent at Home Depot for more shelving for my kids' rooms, $40 spent at the grocery store while we continue to wrap our head around the food allergies.

2.  thumb.gif

3.  thumb.gif

4.  thumb.gif

5.  thumb.gif  $$ bought DDs's birthday cake and ice cream for DS2.  Blew up the birth pool, gathered birth supplies, & put crib together.

6.  irked.gif  $75 at Home Depot.  Shelves are working out so well in the kids' rooms, DH and I decided to put some in our room.  Making split pea soup for after birth from a ham bone my mom saved.

7.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Frugal accomplishments for today:  started cutting out cloth wipes to sew for new baby, packed all our snacks and brought our water bottles to the 3hr meeting today that I had to take the kids w/ me to, cooked dinner at home even though I was exhausted after my meeting, including greens from our garden we have in a low tunnel, pulled out next size up clothes from storage for DD2 and DD3 (still need to go through DD3's drawers to pull out too small clothing, hopefully tomorrow)

8.  thumb.gif  $17 spent at grocery store for milk, pasta, and a jar of sauce (not frugal, I usually make my own sauce, but hey, we didn't eat out winky.gif).  Frugal accomplishments for today:  went through DD3's clothes, separated all of the clothes I've pulled from the drawers the last few weeks and started a donation bag, raked half my front yard and moved the leaves into the garden beds, dug a trench and buried 5 gallons of kitchen scraps in one of the beds, brought our change to the coinstar machine and got an amazon gift card.

9.  thumb.gif  $6 on an amazon grocery order for soy free chocolate chips, sorghum flour, and chia seeds.  Frugal accomplishments for today: used amazon gift card from yesterday for majority of amazon order, cut DS2's hair, ate all meals and snacks out of the pantry/ freezer

10. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Planned food shopping list for Saturday, cut cloth wipes from upcycled flannel sheet and towels, DH picked up our bulk foods co-op order last night so I was able to make a loaf of gluten-free bread  for lunch and muffins for breakfast, also eating dinner at home, started taxes, opened windows in house to get some fresh air in (we're in a warm streak), took the end of the loaf of bread I made and set it aside to make gluten free bread crumbs

11.  irked.gif  DH made a pretty big purchase today.  We put it on our CC and will pay it off next month b/c it was a last minute, completely unbudgeted purchase.  Also bought some groceries.  Frugal accomplishments for today: wintersowed 5 containers (3 onions and 2 broccoli) using seed starting soil from last year and jugs I've been saving.

12. thumb.gif  Did our big, once-a-month grocery shop.  Apparently I wasn't paying as close attention when I made my list b/c I ended up buying quite a bit of duplicates of things we didn't really need, though they can go in the stockpile now.  We overspent our food budget by about $90, but I'm not sure how much of that is food cost increases, allergen free ingredients that are slightly more expensive, or a just a general need to increase the food budget that I don't want to come to terms with, lol.gif .

13. irked.gif  Had to pick up mailing labels for a project for DD1's troop.  It wasn't in the budget, but I told my co-leader I'd take care of it.

14. thumb.gif  Pack meeting pot luck at scouts, except it was "Bring your fave pizza from your fave pizza place" night.  Ugh, we can't have pizza now because of DS2's allergies, so I packed sandwiches on homemade gluten-free bread and made gluten free rice krispie treats for dessert.  Picked up 50lbs of potatoes on the way home ($17).

15. thumb.gif  knit.gif Set aside pieces from yesterday's bread loaves to use for breadcrumbs, finished cutting out rest of the upcycled baby wipes (over 6 dozen total, we totally need them, the wipes I'm using now are falling apart & some are approaching 8yrs old) hopefully I'll get them serged up tonight, made sure the hose/ siphon for the birth pool was clean, also started a crockpot full of chicken stock from 2 frozen carcasses

16. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Not going anywhere, no money should be spent.  We haven't seen the sun in about a week, we've had 3 days of rain, and we're all going stir crazy in this house.  Finished the 6 dozen cloth wipes, went through the wipe stash and pulled out the unusable ones, cut out the pieces to sew 2 wool pilot caps for the babe on the way

17. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Didn't leave the house, "they" were calling for snow (we've gotten none).  All meals eaten at home, DH worked from home so no gas usage, started sewing the wool pilot caps, started cutting some pocket inserts for DD3's Fuzzi Bunz (the ones we're using are falling apart).

18. irked.gif  knit.gif  $45 spent at Five Guys for dinner.  Frugal things for the day: cut more pocket inserts for DD3's diapers, finished some leftovers for lunch, DH worked from home

19. irked.gif  $40 spent at grocery store, not budgeted.  Going to try to work on serging pocket inserts and maybe some diapers for DD3.  Will get 2 loaves of bread rising before bed for lunch tomorrow and hopefully gather supplies up to make soap, deodorant, and lotion bars tomorrow, too.

20. irked.gif  knit.gif  Ugh.  $15 spent at store for new cheese grater, instant read thermometer, and a candy thermometer.  DD3 is sick, so I haven't gotten much sewing or fabric cutting going.  I *did* manage to make deodorant and our "boo boo lotion" yesterday.  Went to the hardware store for lye, but they were already closed eyesroll.gif

21. irked.gif  knit.gif  DH spent $6 at Chik Fil A for ice cream for the boys (there was some scheduling confusion w/ scouts and it ended up being canceled.  All the other parents took their kids to Chik Fil A for ice cream and playtime, DH felt like the boys would miss out if he didn't go), $18 spent at Lowe's fro more cinder blocks for our "overflow pantry" shelves that DH started setting up.  Soap is made, no lotion bars though b/c I realized I think my mom has the rest of the stash I previously made, I'll get them from her so I don't waste precious supplies on excess lotion bars.  Cut DS1 and DH's hair.  Made dinner at home, getting ready to start 2 loaves of bread for lunch tomorrow.

22.  thumb.gif  DS2 had a follow up allergist appointment today.  Breakfast was homemade muffins in the car on the way to the dr, lunch was sandwiches on homemade bread, dinner will be from the pantry and freezer.  Cut the soap and set it out to cure.  I'm not giving myself a Crafting Day yet, but I'm hoping to get some pocket dipe inserts done or maybe start knitting a pair of mittens for DD3.

23. irked.gif  I'm spending money in 30 minutes.  We're getting take out.  I have NO motivation to cook or even think about cooking.  I'm tired, I have a headache, and I'm so incredibly cranky.  I didn't get any crafting done last night, hopefully tonight I'll cast on for DD3's mittens, she desperately needs them.

24. thumb.gif  No spending, no crafting, no baby, either.

25. irked.gif knit.gif  Well, DH and I caved, we got McD's for lunch on the way home from DD1's dr appointment shy.gif  The kids were begging for it and we haven't had it in over 6wks b/c of DS2's wheat allergy diagnosis.  It seems he can have wheat in small doses, so we'll be extra diligent in keeping it out of the diet for the next 6wks.  Woohoo, I actually got DD3's mittens cast on and the first one is halfway done!!

26. irked.gif  knit.gif  Another Spend Day.  *sigh*  Went to Costco to pick up DH's new glasses, spent $38 on groceries.  Went to WM and spent $45 on more groceries, 2 $5 movies, and a fitted sheet to put over our boxspring b/c my kids keep ripping the dust ruffle when they climb on my bed.  I finished DD3's pocket inserts AND her mittens thumbsup.gif

27. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Still here, no baby *sigh*  40w 6d.  Upcycled some of DH's old tees into prefolds for the new baby.

16/ 20 No Spend Days

11/ 20 Crafting Days

If I can finish out the next 4 days with No Spends, I will make my goal.

I *WILL NOT* spend $$, I *WILL NOT* spend $$, I *WILL NOT* spend $$.

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#453 of 485 Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Ho hum, ho hum.....my no-spend challenge is getting a bit dull.  I have no money to spend, so no money is being spent.  I don't even have a drive to spend anything!  We have food and basics and the library and life is feeling really good.  I think this is the sweet spot I have been working towards...we have just enough and need nothing else.  Lovely!  

love.gif  No spend

thumb.gif  Budgeted spend

irked.gif   Unbudgeted Spend

treehugger.gif  Do something frugal at home

January 1 -- love.gif  treehugger.gif  lowered temperature on hot water heater

January 2 -- irked.gif   $10.50 food at airport  treehugger.gif  soaked beans for dh and kids

January 3 -- love.gif

January 4 -- love.gif

January 5 -- love.gif  

January 6 -- irked.gif  $3 tea at airport

January 7 -- thumb.gif  well baby check up  treehugger.gif  soaking more beans for meals, lowered heat 2 degrees

January 8 -- love.gif  treehugger.gif  delayed our grocery shopping for another day

January 9 -- love.gif  treehugger.gif  delayed our grocery shopping for yet another day

January 10 -- thumb.gif  grocery shopping 

January 11 -- love.gif  treehugger.gif  shut down the heat due to warm temps

January 12 -- love.gif  treehugger.gif  dh repaired kitchen faucet

January 13 -- love.gif

January 14 -- irked.gif $20 shoes, $20 birthday present, $30 haircuts

January 15 -- love.gif  

January 16 -- love.gif

January 17 -- thumb.gif  grocery shopping 

January 18 -- love.gif

January 19 -- love.gif

January 20 -- love.gif

January 21 -- love.gif

January 22 -- love.gif

January 23 -- love.gif  treehugger.gif  made snacks for play date

January 24 -- irked.gif 23.00 haircut

January 25 -- thumb.gif  grocery shopping 

January 26 -- love.gif

January 27 -- love.gif

January 28 -- love.gif

January 29

January 30

January 31 

My goals:

Save 50% of Jan 4th paycheck -- done!

Save 20% of Jan 18th paycheck -- done!

Do something frugal every day

Make every dollar matter

JunebugsMom likes this.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#454 of 485 Old 01-28-2013, 03:35 PM

thumb.gif No spending     winky.gif  Budgeted spending    joy.gifDid something to save $ or make extra $       hang.gif  Hung clothes on the line

January 

01  thumb.gif

02  winky.gif Groceries greensad.gif Bought lunch $5.31

03  greensad.gif Bought lunch out $5.31

04  winky.gif Filled my tank with gas, paid for my DD's school sport fee,   greensad.gif bought lunch $6.50, went out for dinner with a gift card DH won but went over by $35@

05  joy.gifExchanged a Christmas gift, for bras that I was in dire need of, found on clearance $5 each I got 4!!!! greensad.gif Bought Chinese $20

06   thumb.gif

07   winky.gif  Bought a few things to make lunches during my lunch hour, also bought my lunch $6 greensad.gif

08    thumb.gif  joy.gif  Started reading DR, sat down to go through January spending & make some changes!  

09   winky.gif Bought groceries

10   thumb.gif

11   greensad.gif   Went to mall with my sister bought myself lunch $10

12   thumb.gif  joy.gifBottled two dozen bottles of Kombucha & made two gallons of tea to brew more kombucha!

13  joy.gifGot free tickets to local theater!  Spent $14 on water & snacks greensad.gif

14   winky.gif  Picked up a few things from grocery store

15   winky.gif  Sending DH to the cheap grocery store today for a couple more things that will help to stretch the food that we already have!

16   winky.gif  Spent about $100 on Frontier Co-op, put $100 in savings account AND...PAID OFF FINAL CREDIT CARD FROM CHRISTMAS EXPENSES!!!! Yahoo!

The DR Debt Snowball method has served us well!  We have had many bumps in the road and hiccups along the way, we didn't give up using CC's all together & I just started reading DR's book this month!   

17   thumb.gif

18   thumb.gif

19   greensad.gif  Spent more than I should have on groceries, will limit to produce, and dairy for the rest of the monthjoy.gifMade a gallon of homemade yogurt for $3.50

20   greensad.gif  DH bought a subscription to Ancestry.com last year with his Christmas money, It just auto renewed!  $149 greensad.gif

21  thumb.gif

22  thumb.gif

23  thumb.gif  Brought change to the coin machine at my bank $17.42!  Opened kids student bank accounts with 5% interest on up to $1000!  joy.gif

24. thumb.gif  I did some reading on The Prudent Homemaker's blog & website I found this blog entry especially helpful!  We do eat lots of produce though.  I have spent $510 on food so far this month which is great I think (for a family of 4) but that doesn't include the teas & dried herbs, spices & household soaps that I bought from Frontier.   I should add the edibles into the grocery amount.  I tend to buy 1 lb of the dried herbs/spices that I use regularly.  I just tallied my Frontier food items at $43.00 I wanted to keep groceries around $500 for Jan.  The Frontier brings the grocery tally up to $553.06 and I still have to pick up raw milk tomorrow.  I struggle with the grocery budget!  Last weekend we stocked up on meat & bread (great sale).  We have a good amount in our freezer for the next few weeks.  Since I stock up on things when the prices are cheap, those items will continue to feed us into next month for sure!  So hopefully it all averages out over the course of several months.  I transferred $ to savings today!  I'm on track to fund a Roth IRA for myself by April 15!joy.gif

25   thumb.gif  Returned a Christmas gift credited- $73.38 joy.gif

26  thumb.gif  I took a written inventory of my pantry and both freezers.  I soaked and cooked lots of beans & I'm freezing them in glass canning jars. I made a dozen pumpkin muffins and meal planned for the week   joy.gif

27  winky.gif  Paid cellphone bill $49.30 I have the Straight talk wireless Sim card for my iphone.  Anyone else do this to save $$ on cell?   DH picked up 2 gallons raw milk $15.98, he also rented- Wii Just Dance 4 redbox

28  winky.gif DH picked up salad greens at the grocery store.  I bought lunch at work today, but I used my Christmas money (cash)!  I just got an email that one of my textbooks that I posted on Amazon months ago sold for $50!  Which in turn reminded me to post the rest of the textbooks that are sitting in my closet from this past fall semester!  I have the potential to make another $250!!!!!  I don't know why I put it off the post them?  joy.gif 

How are you feeling Jen?

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#455 of 485 Old 01-28-2013, 06:19 PM

Sooooo, I'm back again and this time I really need to stick with it!  A lot has gone on in the last few weeks...I've decided that I would really like to try to buy a house this summer, which will require me to really get into gear with saving.  I also tore my ACL skiing last week and will need to have surgery in March to fix it, and while I have insurance, I'm pretty sure it's still going to cost me more than I really can afford to spend.  Which brings me here to the land of not spending :)  Yes, I'm getting in at the tail end of this month and I'm shooting for no spend days for the rest of this week, which I'm pretty sure I can accomplish!  My right knee is the bad one, which makes driving uncomfortable, which means I don't want to go anywhere to spend money.  I made meals for the week yesterday, so shouldn't need to go to the grocery store until Saturday.  I filled my gas tank up today and with the limited driving I'm doing (mainly to and from work and to get the kids from school), this tank should last quite awhile, I'm hoping!  I need to really stick to my budget for the next few months so that I can save up for a downpayment on a house.  My tax refund will hopefully be decent and I'm not planning to spend any of it on random things I don't need like I normally do ;)  Whatever surgery costs accrue, I plan to pay out of my tax refund and I want to save the rest.  I'm already preparing for next month's spending and have my meal plan and grocery lists mapped out already.  I know that I will need to get my DD some skis (she has boots already) since my kids got ski lesson packs for their bday/Christmas present from my parents and grandparents (sucks that I can't go now!) and we need to use them.  Other than that, I don't foresee any other big expenses next month.  I want to put as much money into savings as possible next month, which right now is looking like a pretty small amount, but something is better than nothing, right?  And I can count the tax refund, so that will make me feel better about my savings and then March should hopefully be back on track.  

1/28:  budgeted spending (gas) $36 thumb.gif

1/29:

1/30:

1/31:

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

#456 of 485 Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

January 28

Taking this day by day.  Groceries--pretty basic, but a couple of treats.  The girls got their weekly treat money and spent a good chunk of it on the first day.  However, last week we put $5 into the FUNfund from the leftover money, so I think we are still doing very well.  Today they even thought twice about buying lemonade at DQ and tried to get out of paying for it, but it was paid for and on the table.  So, they are *thinking* about their purchases instead of demanding and getting the lecture as to why or why not which always seemed pretty random and subject to my moods (seemingly, anyhow).  I can't believe how well this has been working out.  If I set this same thing up for myself, perhaps I can enjoy some goodies without feeling guilty and still keep it within reason.

Bought 50# of organic brown sugar.  The stuff is so freakin' expensive, ordering in quantity is the only way to get the price per pound down to something halfway reasonable.  Perhaps now I'll get my ass in gear and start making and selling my granola again. I've been stalling because in order to keep the price affordable, I don't get paid much, but if I consider it a fundraiser for gymnastics or whatever, then any extra would be appreciated.  So I need to get on the ball and do it.  I make awesome granola that everyone loves.  I simply need to dedicate myself to it.  Now that I've invested that wad of dough, I feel guilty not doing it.

I am still keeping track of grocery expenses at home.  I'll get the final tally on Friday.  

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#457 of 485 Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 PM

1/28 thumb.gif Finally another no spend--yay!

Today I made a big pot of split pea soup and I used a chunk of ham that my mom gave me.

#458 of 485 Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 AM

One of the textbooks that I listed last night just sold on Amazon!  So I have 2 to take to the PO today!!!  I have the crock pot going with Chicken Enchilada Soup!  

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#459 of 485 Old 01-29-2013, 03:04 PM

1/29

irked.gif fast food breakfast for me and DD $7.84

smile.gif a box of kleenex and somef daffodils (for DS's classroom) $5.38

smile.gif I had a groupon for $50 worth of clothing from american apparel (paid $25 for it a while ago).  I bought some clothing for the kids.  My total was $51.50 plus tax, shipping was free, and I got a free gift for spending over $50.  So $5.62 out of pocket.

Today I baked a loaf of gluten free bread from a mix.  Not sure yet how it turned out--it looks like I let it rise too long.  I was really hoping it would be great because my local store has the mixes on clearance for a little over $2 and we are currently paying over $5 for a loaf of gf bread (sandwiches are one of the few things DS will eat).

Tonight there is a fundraiser for my son's school at a local restaurant.  The school gets some small percentage of the sales and I am really torn about going.  The place is a a bit pricey (like $10/plate) and I feel like I would rather just eat at home and give the school $5 or whatever.  hmmm. I guess we could get takeout--maybe 2 plates to share (the kids likely wouldn't eat a whole lot).

#460 of 485 Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Key

1.  irked.gif  Not exactly how I wanted to start the year/ month, but all well.  Another $200 spent at Home Depot for more shelving for my kids' rooms, $40 spent at the grocery store while we continue to wrap our head around the food allergies.

2.  thumb.gif

3.  thumb.gif

4.  thumb.gif

5.  thumb.gif  $$ bought DDs's birthday cake and ice cream for DS2.  Blew up the birth pool, gathered birth supplies, & put crib together.

6.  irked.gif  $75 at Home Depot.  Shelves are working out so well in the kids' rooms, DH and I decided to put some in our room.  Making split pea soup for after birth from a ham bone my mom saved.

7.  thumb.gif  knit.gif  Frugal accomplishments for today:  started cutting out cloth wipes to sew for new baby, packed all our snacks and brought our water bottles to the 3hr meeting today that I had to take the kids w/ me to, cooked dinner at home even though I was exhausted after my meeting, including greens from our garden we have in a low tunnel, pulled out next size up clothes from storage for DD2 and DD3 (still need to go through DD3's drawers to pull out too small clothing, hopefully tomorrow)

8.  thumb.gif  $17 spent at grocery store for milk, pasta, and a jar of sauce (not frugal, I usually make my own sauce, but hey, we didn't eat out winky.gif).  Frugal accomplishments for today:  went through DD3's clothes, separated all of the clothes I've pulled from the drawers the last few weeks and started a donation bag, raked half my front yard and moved the leaves into the garden beds, dug a trench and buried 5 gallons of kitchen scraps in one of the beds, brought our change to the coinstar machine and got an amazon gift card.

9.  thumb.gif  $6 on an amazon grocery order for soy free chocolate chips, sorghum flour, and chia seeds.  Frugal accomplishments for today: used amazon gift card from yesterday for majority of amazon order, cut DS2's hair, ate all meals and snacks out of the pantry/ freezer

10. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Planned food shopping list for Saturday, cut cloth wipes from upcycled flannel sheet and towels, DH picked up our bulk foods co-op order last night so I was able to make a loaf of gluten-free bread  for lunch and muffins for breakfast, also eating dinner at home, started taxes, opened windows in house to get some fresh air in (we're in a warm streak), took the end of the loaf of bread I made and set it aside to make gluten free bread crumbs

11.  irked.gif  DH made a pretty big purchase today.  We put it on our CC and will pay it off next month b/c it was a last minute, completely unbudgeted purchase.  Also bought some groceries.  Frugal accomplishments for today: wintersowed 5 containers (3 onions and 2 broccoli) using seed starting soil from last year and jugs I've been saving.

12. thumb.gif  Did our big, once-a-month grocery shop.  Apparently I wasn't paying as close attention when I made my list b/c I ended up buying quite a bit of duplicates of things we didn't really need, though they can go in the stockpile now.  We overspent our food budget by about $90, but I'm not sure how much of that is food cost increases, allergen free ingredients that are slightly more expensive, or a just a general need to increase the food budget that I don't want to come to terms with, lol.gif .

13. irked.gif  Had to pick up mailing labels for a project for DD1's troop.  It wasn't in the budget, but I told my co-leader I'd take care of it.

14. thumb.gif  Pack meeting pot luck at scouts, except it was "Bring your fave pizza from your fave pizza place" night.  Ugh, we can't have pizza now because of DS2's allergies, so I packed sandwiches on homemade gluten-free bread and made gluten free rice krispie treats for dessert.  Picked up 50lbs of potatoes on the way home ($17).

15. thumb.gif  knit.gif Set aside pieces from yesterday's bread loaves to use for breadcrumbs, finished cutting out rest of the upcycled baby wipes (over 6 dozen total, we totally need them, the wipes I'm using now are falling apart & some are approaching 8yrs old) hopefully I'll get them serged up tonight, made sure the hose/ siphon for the birth pool was clean, also started a crockpot full of chicken stock from 2 frozen carcasses

16. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Not going anywhere, no money should be spent.  We haven't seen the sun in about a week, we've had 3 days of rain, and we're all going stir crazy in this house.  Finished the 6 dozen cloth wipes, went through the wipe stash and pulled out the unusable ones, cut out the pieces to sew 2 wool pilot caps for the babe on the way

17. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Didn't leave the house, "they" were calling for snow (we've gotten none).  All meals eaten at home, DH worked from home so no gas usage, started sewing the wool pilot caps, started cutting some pocket inserts for DD3's Fuzzi Bunz (the ones we're using are falling apart).

18. irked.gif  knit.gif  $45 spent at Five Guys for dinner.  Frugal things for the day: cut more pocket inserts for DD3's diapers, finished some leftovers for lunch, DH worked from home

19. irked.gif  $40 spent at grocery store, not budgeted.  Going to try to work on serging pocket inserts and maybe some diapers for DD3.  Will get 2 loaves of bread rising before bed for lunch tomorrow and hopefully gather supplies up to make soap, deodorant, and lotion bars tomorrow, too.

20. irked.gif  knit.gif  Ugh.  $15 spent at store for new cheese grater, instant read thermometer, and a candy thermometer.  DD3 is sick, so I haven't gotten much sewing or fabric cutting going.  I *did* manage to make deodorant and our "boo boo lotion" yesterday.  Went to the hardware store for lye, but they were already closed eyesroll.gif

21. irked.gif  knit.gif  DH spent $6 at Chik Fil A for ice cream for the boys (there was some scheduling confusion w/ scouts and it ended up being canceled.  All the other parents took their kids to Chik Fil A for ice cream and playtime, DH felt like the boys would miss out if he didn't go), $18 spent at Lowe's fro more cinder blocks for our "overflow pantry" shelves that DH started setting up.  Soap is made, no lotion bars though b/c I realized I think my mom has the rest of the stash I previously made, I'll get them from her so I don't waste precious supplies on excess lotion bars.  Cut DS1 and DH's hair.  Made dinner at home, getting ready to start 2 loaves of bread for lunch tomorrow.

22.  thumb.gif  DS2 had a follow up allergist appointment today.  Breakfast was homemade muffins in the car on the way to the dr, lunch was sandwiches on homemade bread, dinner will be from the pantry and freezer.  Cut the soap and set it out to cure.  I'm not giving myself a Crafting Day yet, but I'm hoping to get some pocket dipe inserts done or maybe start knitting a pair of mittens for DD3.

23. irked.gif  I'm spending money in 30 minutes.  We're getting take out.  I have NO motivation to cook or even think about cooking.  I'm tired, I have a headache, and I'm so incredibly cranky.  I didn't get any crafting done last night, hopefully tonight I'll cast on for DD3's mittens, she desperately needs them.

25. irked.gif knit.gif  Well, DH and I caved, we got McD's for lunch on the way home from DD1's dr appointment shy.gif  The kids were begging for it and we haven't had it in over 6wks b/c of DS2's wheat allergy diagnosis.  It seems he can have wheat in small doses, so we'll be extra diligent in keeping it out of the diet for the next 6wks.  Woohoo, I actually got DD3's mittens cast on and the first one is halfway done!!

26. irked.gif  knit.gif  Another Spend Day.  *sigh*  Went to Costco to pick up DH's new glasses, spent $38 on groceries.  Went to WM and spent $45 on more groceries, 2 $5 movies, and a fitted sheet to put over our boxspring b/c my kids keep ripping the dust ruffle when they climb on my bed.  I finished DD3's pocket inserts AND her mittens thumbsup.gif

27. thumb.gif  knit.gif  Still here, no baby *sigh*  40w 6d.  Upcycled some of DH's old tees into prefolds for the new baby.

28. thumb.gif

29. irked.gif  Won't be making goal this month.  We got fast food for lunch today.  I'm officially 41w.  I'm cranky, tired, sore, and don't feeling like playing "domestic goddess".  My children are eating muffins and yogurt for dinner.

17/ 20 No Spend Days

11/ 20 Crafting Days

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

#461 of 485 Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillingMyQuiver View Post

29. irked.gif  Won't be making goal this month.  We got fast food for lunch today.  I'm officially 41w.  I'm cranky, tired, sore, and don't feeling like playing "domestic goddess".  My children are eating muffins and yogurt for dinner.

grouphug.gif I think most of us have BTDT, mama. Don't beat yourself up. We ate takeout food through probably 7 out of the 9 months of my second pregnancy because I was so sick and exhausted. Even if I could bring myself to cook, by the time the food was done, I was so disgusted by it I couldn't eat it, and DH was working such insane hours, he wasn't there to help me.

Life will be back to (mostly) normal soon grouphug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissel View Post

Key: 

No frivolous/unbudgeted spending: thumb.gif

Unbudgeted spending: irked.gif

Ate at home all day: yummy.gif

12/30: thumb.gif

12/31: irked.gif

1/1: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/2: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/3: irked.gif $15 at Starbucks

1/4: yummy.gif irked.gif $9 in library fines 

1/5: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/6: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/7: yummy.gif irked.gif $60 on clothes, $15 on sneakers, and $20 on desk organizer

1/8: irked.gif $40 on desk organizing supplies, $15 on pizza for dinner

1/9: yummy.gif irked.gif $42 on black loafers, $2 library fine

1/10: irked.gif $25 on lunch out

1/11: irked.gif $25 on bagels and lunch, $25 on pizza for 6

1/12: irked.gif $23 on Moe's for dinner

1/13: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/14: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/15: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/16: irked.gif $6 library fines, $38 dinner at Panera

1/17: irked.gif $4 on gardening book, $7 on a quick lunch for starving kids

1/18: irked.gif $4 on hot dogs at Costco in between activities

1/19: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/20: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/21: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/22: yummy.gif irked.gif $481 for three exams and two sets of frames and lenses at the eye doctor

1/23: irked.gif Lunch out at our favorite restaurant because I promised the kids we'd go if we had money leftover in the budget

1/24: irked.gif Celebratory dinner out for DH getting a semi-promotion

1/25: yummy.gif thumb.gif Parents sprung for dinner out

1/26: yummy.gif irked.gif Library fines ($6 *sigh*)

1/27: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/28: yummy.gif irked.gif Shopped online (Vitacost, schoolbooks at B&N, schoolbook on eBay)

1/29: yummy.gif thumb.gif Home all day, ate only leftovers for dinner

1/30: 

1/31: 

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#462 of 485 Old 01-29-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:

Key

2.  thumb.gif

3.  thumb.gif

4.  thumb.gif

28. thumb.gif

17/ 20 No Spend Days

11/ 20 Crafting Days

Please take it easy on yourself. I think you're doing brilliantly considering the circumstances (41 weeks and 5 other kids depending on you on everything) hug2.gif

If it were me, I would not only have had take out for the last several days, but I would have gone apeshit by now.. Just sayin'. shy.gif

Me:  run.gif  DH:  hammer.gif 

Our babies:  reading.gif  blahblah.gif energy.gif moon.gif and a  stork-suprise.gif  coming in July

#463 of 485 Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 PM

Jan 29

Last few groceries at Trader Joe's.  Girls maxed-out their snack budget for the week.  Azure order arrived, and I am glad to say that January's portion of this bill was under $11, and February got only $94.  (I have to divide to Azure bill up on paper because, like this month, there was 2 deliveries in January, none in December and it creates chaos with trying to figure out an average monthly food bill.)  That will give us a head start on February.

Other than that, I bought myself a $1 candy bar.  Yes, I escaped unscathed from TJ's goody aisle!

Must bring the car in for new spark plug wires sooner rather than later....

#464 of 485 Old 01-30-2013, 06:17 AM

Spending fail yesterday.  We had workmen in the kitchen replacing a window (required as part of sale of house) and the place was a disaster.  Took the kids out to lunch.  How?  Well, I am glad you asked, because how do I pay for things when I have no money?  I put it on a credit card!  Blech!   We get paid on Friday and this is the first thing I will pay off.  

No spending today or tomorrow.  

love.gif  No spend

January 2 -- irked.gif   $10.50 food at airport  treehugger.gif  soaked beans for dh and kids

January 3 -- love.gif

January 4 -- love.gif

January 5 -- love.gif  

January 7 -- thumb.gif  well baby check up  treehugger.gif  soaking more beans for meals, lowered heat 2 degrees

January 8 -- love.gif  treehugger.gif  delayed our grocery shopping for another day

January 9 -- love.gif  treehugger.gif  delayed our grocery shopping for yet another day

January 13 -- love.gif

January 15 -- love.gif  

January 16 -- love.gif

January 18 -- love.gif

January 19 -- love.gif

January 20 -- love.gif

January 21 -- love.gif

January 22 -- love.gif

January 26 -- love.gif

January 27 -- love.gif

January 28 -- love.gif

January 29 -- irked.gif 31.00 lunch

January 30 -- love.gif

January 31 

My goals:

Make every dollar matter

#465 of 485 Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 AM

thumb.gif No spending     winky.gif  Budgeted spending    joy.gifDid something to save $ or make extra $       hang.gif  Hung clothes on the line

January 

01  thumb.gif

04  winky.gif Filled my tank with gas, paid for my DD's school sport fee,   greensad.gif bought lunch $6.50, went out for dinner with a gift card DH won but went over by $35@

05  joy.gifExchanged a Christmas gift, for bras that I was in dire need of, found on clearance $5 each I got 4!!!! greensad.gif Bought Chinese $20

06   thumb.gif

07   winky.gif  Bought a few things to make lunches during my lunch hour, also bought my lunch $6 greensad.gif

08    thumb.gif  joy.gif  Started reading DR, sat down to go through January spending & make some changes!  

10   thumb.gif

12   thumb.gif  joy.gifBottled two dozen bottles of Kombucha & made two gallons of tea to brew more kombucha!

13  joy.gifGot free tickets to local theater!  Spent $14 on water & snacks greensad.gif

15   winky.gif  Sending DH to the cheap grocery store today for a couple more things that will help to stretch the food that we already have!

16   winky.gif  Spent about $100 on Frontier Co-op, put $100 in savings account AND...PAID OFF FINAL CREDIT CARD FROM CHRISTMAS EXPENSES!!!! Yahoo!

The DR Debt Snowball method has served us well!  We have had many bumps in the road and hiccups along the way, we didn't give up using CC's all together & I just started reading DR's book this month!   

17   thumb.gif

18   thumb.gif

19   greensad.gif  Spent more than I should have on groceries, will limit to produce, and dairy for the rest of the monthjoy.gifMade a gallon of homemade yogurt for $3.50

20   greensad.gif  DH bought a subscription to Ancestry.com last year with his Christmas money, It just auto renewed!  $149 greensad.gif

21  thumb.gif

22  thumb.gif

23  thumb.gif  Brought change to the coin machine at my bank $17.42!  Opened kids student bank accounts with 5% interest on up to $1000!  joy.gif

24. thumb.gif  I did some reading on The Prudent Homemaker's blog & website I found this blog entry especially helpful!  We do eat lots of produce though.  I have spent $510 on food so far this month which is great I think (for a family of 4) but that doesn't include the teas & dried herbs, spices & household soaps that I bought from Frontier.   I should add the edibles into the grocery amount.  I tend to buy 1 lb of the dried herbs/spices that I use regularly.  I just tallied my Frontier food items at $43.00 I wanted to keep groceries around $500 for Jan.  The Frontier brings the grocery tally up to $553.06 and I still have to pick up raw milk tomorrow.  I struggle with the grocery budget!  Last weekend we stocked up on meat & bread (great sale).  We have a good amount in our freezer for the next few weeks.  Since I stock up on things when the prices are cheap, those items will continue to feed us into next month for sure!  So hopefully it all averages out over the course of several months.  I transferred $ to savings today!  I'm on track to fund a Roth IRA for myself by April 15!joy.gif

26  thumb.gif  I took a written inventory of my pantry and both freezers.  I soaked and cooked lots of beans & I'm freezing them in glass canning jars. I made a dozen pumpkin muffins and meal planned for the week   joy.gif

27  winky.gif  Paid cellphone bill $49.30 I have the Straight talk wireless Sim card for my iphone.  Anyone else do this to save $$ on cell?   DH picked up 2 gallons raw milk $15.98, he also rented- Wii Just Dance 4 redbox, put 1/2 tank of gas in my car

28  winky.gif DH picked up salad greens at the grocery store.  I bought lunch at work today, but I used my Christmas money (cash)!  I just got an email that one of my textbooks that I posted on Amazon months ago sold for $50!  Which in turn reminded me to post the rest of the textbooks that are sitting in my closet from this past fall semester!  I have the potential to make another $250!!!!!  I don't know why I put it off the post them?  joy.gif How are you feeling Jen?

29  winky.gif   DD had a game, I had to work late, they didn't charge me since I arrived at 1/2 time!  I set the crock pot in the am & ate lunch at home.

30   I'm working from home today, saves me on gas!!!!joy.gifBut I might need to get bird & dog food.

Only today and tomorrow left!  I feel like I have done pretty well this month there are a few things that I'm trying to hold out buying until Feb 1.  Not sure I can make it until then with bird food... 

#466 of 485 Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 AM

One more day...One more day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

My Goal = 15 thumb.gif No-Spend days

My progress = 22 No-spend day so far 

01..  $258 cross-country ski club for the kids

02..  thumb.gif

03..  thumb.gif

04..  thumb.gif

05..  $40.09  Date Night

06..  thumb.gif

07..  thumb.gif

08..  thumb.gif

09..  thumb.gif

10..  thumb.gif

11..  thumb.gif

12..  thumb.gif

13..  thumb.gif

14..  thumb.gif

15..  thumb.gif

16..  $6 McDonald's

17..  $8 Buddhism book for Mothers

18..  thumb.gif

19..  $19 Music

20..  $26 stuffed elephant

21   thumb.gif

22   thumb.gif

23   thumb.gif

24   thumb.gif

25   thumb.gif

26  thumb.gif

27  $56 Diva cup

28  thumb.gif

29  $51 soccer uniform

30  thumb.gif

#467 of 485 Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Key

2.  thumb.gif

3.  thumb.gif

4.  thumb.gif

28. thumb.gif

30. thumb.gif  Not going anywhere, not spending anything online, just.... waiting....  I need to craft something or wintersow some seeds or something to get my mind off this waiting frustration

18/ 20 No Spend Days

11/ 20 Crafting Days

#468 of 485 Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

thumb.gif = No Spend  smile.gif = Groceries/Gas/Ok spending  duck.gif= Unnecessary spending  jog.gif = Exercised  yummy.gif = Ate all meals at home

Quote:

Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

Week 4 Jan 20-26

I made a realization this week. We're going to spend money. But my goal is to SPEND LESS. I'm trying and with being sick that really through us for a loop. But It's payday tomorrow and the amount of money left over in the account is INCREDIBLE! It will pay off another good chunk of our CC and LOC and my saving for our BEF is going awesome! So I'm actually really proud of us. Yes we could cut back more. But it's our first month and life still happens! I like my weekly totals as it's really helping me see where our money is going!

Jan 20: Stuff: $32.73 (Birthday party present and toiletries), $19.32 random stuff, $5.60 (75% off Christmas cards for next year, 30 total and that's how many I think I'll send out) Eat Out: $8.40 and $25.88 Groceries: $94.97 smile.gif duck.gif

Jan 21: $40 Gas smile.gif yummy.gif

Jan 22: Had to go to a Dr's Appt 2.5 hours away and so we always do our "big" shopping at the same time (ie Costco and other stores we don't have here). Eat Out:$ 14.55, $15.75 and $8.37 Stuff: $33.57, $8.40, $10.50, $155.90, $19.73 Gas: $64.03 smile.gifduck.gif

Jan 23: Going for a no spend day today! In fact I deposited my last couple weeks of babysitting cheques and withdrew the money straight to our cash BEF. thumb.gif yummy.gif

Jan 24: thumb.gif yummy.gif Amazing since it was payday ;) BUT they forgot 15 DOUBLE time hours on DH's paycheque so it was quite a bit less than we were expecting and it was already going to be smaller than usual. Luckily I had had *this* thread keeping me motivated before and we had saved so much money from his last paycheque that we'll be fine, but it still sucks as I had wanted to put what we had saved straight to the CC and LOC :( I did pay bills but those are the usual suspects I pay on payday and not in my no spend deelio!

Jan 25: I'll be buying groceries and I need to pay the license fee for the dog and I bought DD2 a great pair of second hand skates this morning. smile.gif I'll update later when I know the totals of everything! Updating this day: Groceries $6.58, $47.58, $78.54 Skates: $10 Dog License: $15 yummy.gif

Jan 26: EatOut: $25.50 & $68.65 Stuff: $62.75 duck.gif

$227.67/$200 weekly grocery budget

$352.95/$?? weekly stuff budget
$104.03/$?? weekly gas budget
$167.07/$?? weekly eating out budget (would like this to be $50 a week to start, with a goal of $100 a month but that could be unrealistic)
$42.89/$50 monthly dog budget

Last week in Jan!

Jan 27: Would have been a no spend day but we were going to take the girls to the free skate and I had to go on the ice with them so I needed skates and they needed their's sharpened. So after buying me skates and getting them sharpened we found out skating was cancelled. Oh well. We'll go next Sunday and it was a budgeted spend as I will be able to keep my skates for years, and I buy the girls good used ones, and they are really suddenly into skating. $78.39 on my skates and $11.20 to get both of their skates sharpened and cleaned up.smile.gif yummy.gif

Jan 28: smile.gif $6.98 on groceries. I've really fallen off the big grocery shop train, we've just been buying every day or couple days it seems... irked.gif yummy.gif Oh! And I totally forgot... I bought a flight to go "home" to my dad's retirement party at the end of Feb. Completely frivolous but I would feel really really guilty and like the worlds worst daughter if I didn't go. So that was $690.20 for a round trip flight. Hopefully that weekend doesn't cost us too much more... I'm staying with a friend, already have a dress and have a friend who will look after my kids/dog if DH has to go to work that weekend. It got put on the CC so I'm not counting it here, instead my total will go up on the getting out of Debt thread...

Jan 29: $111.79 on new tools for DH. EatOut: duck.gif19.56, $39.75 on groceries smile.gif and $40 Gas

Jan 30: Today will be a no spend day! thumb.gifyummy.gif

$46.73/$200 weekly grocery budget

$201.38/$?? weekly stuff budget
$40/$?? weekly gas budget
$19.56/$?? weekly eating out budget (would like this to be $50 a week to start, with a goal of $100 a month but that could be unrealistic)

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#469 of 485 Old 01-30-2013, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

One more day...One more day...

Prudence, YOU ROCKED THIS MONTH!!!!  clap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

All you other mamas, YOU HAVE DONE FANTASTICALLY!!!  I'm looking back over the logs and everyone has so many No Spends and Frugal Accomplishments!!

THIS IS FOR STARTING THE YEAR OFF GREAT!!!  champagne.gifpartytime.gif

#470 of 485 Old 01-30-2013, 04:43 PM

January 30

No spend today.

This month is ending better than it started.  I have one more trip to the grocery store before the end of the month.  I am tallying it fully to the end of the week which, including Dec 31 will comprise exactly 5 weeks.  I'll be over what I'd hoped to spend on groceries (surprise surprise surprise) but leave off with some good lessons learned and some new strategies to try for the brand new month.

Saturday is dd's birthday.  A dinner with the extended family and then I am DONE with birthdays and presents and family dinners.  

#471 of 485 Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 PM

Well, we are really blowing it at the end of the month!  *sigh*, I blame sleep deprivation and stress.

Last night DH ended up taking my mom and the kids to the restaurant fundraiser and spending around $40 irked.gif The only good thing is that the school got $8 of that.

1/30

irked.gif DH spent $20-something at the drugstore (not so bad, we needed wipes and a prescription). I spent almost $40 on books for the kids (fundraiser for the other kid's school). Quick grocery trip tonight because I realized that I need to quickly pack 3 lunches for a field trip tomorrow (I got other things too) $30.62.

#472 of 485 Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 PM

1/28:  budgeted spending (gas) $36 thumb.gif

1/29:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

1/30:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

1/31:

Working on finishing the month off strong (because the rest of the undocumented month was not so great) :)  I sold a jacket I don't need anymore for $100 today, so I actually made money...woohoo!  I've got a few other things on craigslist right now, so I'm hoping they sell soon.  That money is going right in savings.  Gotta get back in that saving routine!

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

#473 of 485 Old 01-31-2013, 05:15 AM

January 

01  thumb.gif

06   thumb.gif

10   thumb.gif

17   thumb.gif

18   thumb.gif

21  thumb.gif

22  thumb.gif

27  winky.gif  Paid cellphone bill $49.30 I have the Straight talk wireless Sim card for my iphone.  Anyone else do this to save $$ on cell?   DH picked up 2 gallons raw milk $15.98, he also rented- Wii Just Dance 4 redbox, put 1/2 tank of gas in my car

28  winky.gif DH picked up salad greens at the grocery store.  I bought lunch at work today, but I used my Christmas money (cash)!  I just got an email that one of my textbooks that I posted on Amazon months ago sold for $50!  Which in turn reminded me to post the rest of the textbooks that are sitting in my closet from this past fall semester!  I have the potential to make another $250!!!!!  I don't know why I put it off the post them?  joy.gif How are you feeling Jen?

29  winky.gif   DD had a game, I had to work late, they didn't charge me since I arrived at 1/2 time!  I set the crock pot in the am & ate lunch at home.

30  winky.gif   I'm working from home today, saves me on gas!!!!joy.gifBut I might need to get bird & dog food.  I was able to hold off on pet food.  The girls had their yearly eye doctor appointments.  I paid the co-pay, I will pay for DD's glasses next week hold off until Feb 1 to order her contacts.  They are 1/2 the price online than from the doc!  I've had a sinus headache for almost a solid week now.  I don't like taking medicine, but it got so bad that I finally gave in and started taking Mucinex, which is working like a miracle!  But after the eye doc I was tired and we ordered take out & somehow it cost us $50 greensad.gif I'm annoyed that it was so much but I really needed a break from cooking since I've been feeling so crumby.      

31  winky.gif  Today we woke up to water leaking into the house around the chimney!  Geeze!!!! The roof was just done one year ago and DH is pissed!  I hope that the roof guy calls back and takes care of the problem.  Also I'm putting off calling for heating oil until Feb 1.  February's Mortgage payment is set to come out today.     

I just ran out of bird food today so I'm feeding the birds brown rice, quinoia & veggies, fruit until I get bird food.

Overall good month!  I'm sure I did much better than I would have if I didn't participate in this thread.  Also I spent some time on my Mint.com account that I had let go for months, I updated all my accounts and sorted through all the spending and it is all set now.  I always had trouble with Mint updating my accounts and it seems that the glitch is no longer a problem for me anymore.  I'm glad because I really like the ease of using Mint!   

#474 of 485 Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 AM

End of month wrap-up:

The Good

This month was excellent!  I was able to bank a full 35% of our total take home pay (50% of paycheck 1 and 20% of paycheck 2) which astounds me!  Why have I not been saving more?  

We ate out once as a family and I bought food at the airport while traveling.  Much better!  

I have slowed the leak of money to apple/iTunes/Kindle/Amazon/etc.  

My gas budget is 30% less!   I have been consciously driving less, walking more, combining trips and it has saved us a big chunk of cash.  

The Bad

I had to up our grocery budget.  We eat simply -- rice, beans, nuts, produce, milk, eggs, yogurt -- my son has a wheat allergy which essentially eliminates most processed food.  With more mouths to feed and kids getting bigger, we keep running out of food.  So, more is needed.  

We spent $53 on haircuts this month which is ridiculous.   Back to cutting hair at home.  This burden falls to me though which is frustrating.  Seems like saving money often means more work for me.  

Excited for February!  

love.gif  No spend

January 3 -- love.gif

January 4 -- love.gif

January 5 -- love.gif  

January 13 -- love.gif

January 15 -- love.gif  

January 16 -- love.gif

January 18 -- love.gif

January 19 -- love.gif

January 20 -- love.gif

January 21 -- love.gif

January 22 -- love.gif

January 26 -- love.gif

January 27 -- love.gif

January 28 -- love.gif

January 29 -- irked.gif 31.00 lunch

January 30 -- love.gif

January 31 -- love.gif

My goals:

Make every dollar matter

#475 of 485 Old 01-31-2013, 07:09 AM

Any baby news Jenn?    

Not that I am excited or anything....joy.gif

#476 of 485 Old 01-31-2013, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post

Any baby news Jenn?    

Not that I am excited or anything....joy.gif

LOL, No baby yet.  I did have an anxiety break down last night, complete with tears, and ending with take out pizza and DH buying me Smirnoff Ice to help me relax  innocent.gif  My latest was 16 days past her EDD, so I can really go, any day now, but I could also have the potential of going to 43wks (so another 11 days).

#477 of 485 Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:

LOL, No baby yet.  I did have an anxiety break down last night, complete with tears, and ending with take out pizza and DH buying me Smirnoff Ice to help me relax  innocent.gif  My latest was 16 days past her EDD, so I can really go, any day now, but I could also have the potential of going to 43wks (so another 11 days).

You are amazing!  And yes, relaaaaaaaax.   My last pregnancy...I spent most of the last week soaking in a hot bath dripping tears.  Those last days are brutal.  

Soon mama, soon you'll be holding your new baby.  And they are so much more comfortable on the outside of our bodies.  

#478 of 485 Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

thumb.gif  = No Spend  
smile.gif
 = Groceries/Gas/Ok spending  
duck.gif
= Unnecessary spending  
jog.gif
 = Exercised  
yummy.gif
 = Ate all meals at home

Jan 25: I'll be buying groceries and I need to pay the license fee for the dog and I bought DD2 a great pair of second hand skates this morning. 
smile.gif
 I'll update later when I know the totals of everything! Updating this day: Groceries $6.58, $47.58, $78.54 Skates: $10 Dog License: $15
 yummy.gif

Jan 26: EatOut: $25.50 & $68.65 Stuff: $62.75 duck.gif

$227.67/$200 weekly grocery budget

$352.95/$?? weekly stuff budget

$104.03/$?? weekly gas budget

$167.07/$?? weekly eating out budget (would like this to be $50 a week to start, with a goal of $100 a month but that could be unrealistic)

Last week in Jan!

Jan 27: Would have been a no spend day but we were going to take the girls to the free skate and I had to go on the ice with them so I needed skates and they needed their's sharpened. So after buying me skates and getting them sharpened we found out skating was cancelled. Oh well. We'll go next Sunday and it was a budgeted spend as I will be able to keep my skates for years, and I buy the girls good used ones, and they are really suddenly into skating. $78.39 on my skates and $11.20 to get both of their skates sharpened and cleaned up.smile.gif
 yummy.gif

Jan 28: smile.gif
 $6.98 on groceries. I've really fallen off the big grocery shop train, we've just been buying every day or couple days it seems... irked.gif

yummy.gif
 Oh! And I totally forgot... I bought a flight to go "home" to my dad's retirement party at the end of Feb. Completely frivolous but I would feel really really guilty and like the worlds worst daughter if I didn't go. So that was $690.20 for a round trip flight. Hopefully that weekend doesn't cost us too much more... I'm staying with a friend, already have a dress and have a friend who will look after my kids/dog if DH has to go to work that weekend. It got put on the CC so I'm not counting it here, instead my total will go up on the getting out of Debt thread...

Jan 29: $111.79 on new tools for DH. EatOut: duck.gif
19.56, $39.75 on groceries 
smile.gif
 and $40 Gas

Jan 30: Today will be a no spend day! 
thumb.gif
yummy.gif

$46.73/$200 weekly grocery budget

$201.38/$?? weekly stuff budget

$40/$?? weekly gas budget

$19.56/$?? weekly eating out budget (would like this to be $50 a week to start, with a goal of $100 a month but that could be unrealistic)

Well my kids are sick, my tire is flat and my day out has turned into a day at home. So ending the month without spending!!!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#479 of 485 Old 01-31-2013, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Key

2.  thumb.gif

3.  thumb.gif

4.  thumb.gif

28. thumb.gif

30. irked.gif  Not going anywhere, not spending anything online, just.... waiting....  I need to craft something or wintersow some seeds or something to get my mind off this waiting frustration.  Ended up ordering pizza and DH bought me Smirnoff Ice to help me relax a bit.

31. thumb.gif  Ending on a No Spend Day.  Dinner is already planned and in the works.  DH is working from home and installing our new laser printer, we have no where to go, just p[laying the waiting game on this new little bean.

18/ 20 No Spend Days

11/ 20 Crafting Days

BRING ON FEBRUARY!!!

#480 of 485 Old 01-31-2013, 04:08 PM

Done.  Goodbye January...hello February.

Quote:

My Goal = 15 thumb.gif No-Spend days

My progress = 23 no spends

01..  $258 cross-country ski club for the kids

02..  thumb.gif

03..  thumb.gif

04..  thumb.gif

05..  $40.09  Date Night

06..  thumb.gif

07..  thumb.gif

08..  thumb.gif

09..  thumb.gif

10..  thumb.gif

11..  thumb.gif

12..  thumb.gif

13..  thumb.gif

14..  thumb.gif

15..  thumb.gif

16..  $6 McDonald's

17..  $8 Buddhism book for Mothers

18..  thumb.gif

19..  $19 Music

20..  $26 stuffed elephant

21   thumb.gif

22   thumb.gif

23   thumb.gif

24   thumb.gif

25   thumb.gif

26  thumb.gif

27  $56 Diva cup

28  thumb.gif

29  $51 soccer uniform

30  thumb.gif

31  thumb.gif

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page