January No Spend Challenge~ Ringing in the New Year with $$ in our Pockets!!! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 485 Old 01-31-2013, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I carry babies for 42 weeks, Jenn. 

So I am waaaay used to the waiting game and I sympathize 100%.  I know it gets frustrating at the end.  We're all rooting for you!!!

#482 of 485 Old 01-31-2013, 10:13 PM

1/31

irked.gif $10.97 drinks from McD's

Today I chaperoned on a field trip with my son's class.  Brought DD and grandma watched the baby.  All of that was free.  I packed 3 lunches (and snacks) for us.  The only bad thing is that the day was longer than expected and I didn't pack quite enough food so we went thru the drive thru while quickly getting back to I could nurse the baby!

I still have to tally up all of my spending for Jan and I am interested to see exactly how I did.  Definitely better than if I hadn't participated in this thread!  I already know that I need to stop with the Starbucks and fast food places.  I don't like buying granola bars and the like at the store because they are expensive, but I should get some for those times when I am really rushed and driving all over the place.  Much cheaper than the drive thru!

I just pulled some peach butter bars out of the oven for breakfast and snack tomorrow.  I even used my homemade peach butter (from free peaches off a friend's tree last summer)!

#483 of 485 Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

January 31

I had a day in town to myself.  I had a 6:30 meeting with the Girl Scout service area manager, and with the coleaders of our new troop.

Treated myself to a coffee at the coffee stand. Mmmmmmm..... decadent.  I spent way too much on food out and about.... but what a treat for me!

Started the errand trip with a visit to the mechanics--spark plug wires needed replacing sooner than expected.

Used $10 book credit to purchase some Dover coloring books for the girls (and of course spent another $16!)

Regular grocery store for birthday dinner chicken, sprinkles and picked up Valentines candy.

Co-op shopping--$111 bill.  Some of that was birthday, but I also spent a bit more on food anyway, feeling a bit deprived recently.

Underwear!  I get to cross that off my list and throw out the remaining pairs with holes in them.  I swear I've been throwing out a pair every other day, they are so old.  So, this purchase was absolutely necessary.

I am tracking grocery spending through the end of this week for a complete 5 weeks, so I'll have my totals tonight, after we pick up some bacon and ice cream today.

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#484 of 485 Old 02-01-2013, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Ouch.  5 week grocery bill this month came to $1189!!!  That doesn't include the bulk purchase of organic brown sugar!!

So, final tally was 1289/ a target of 920.  Ah, crap.  Well, a little of that was birthday food I usually don't count.  Oh, yeah and $16 eat out today is included, so..... seriously??  over $1300?????  I give up .......

On to February.....

Sayonara 

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#485 of 485 Old 02-01-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee80 View Post

1/28:  budgeted spending (gas) $36 thumb.gif

1/29:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

1/30:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

1/31:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

Success! :)

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page