January No Spend Challenge~ Ringing in the New Year with $$ in our Pockets!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 485 Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Key:

No Spend/Paying Bills thumb.gif

Budgeted Spend eyesroll.gif

Unbudgeted Spend irked.gif

Did Something Frugal at Home treehugger.gif

**7/25 No Spend/Budgeted Spend Days**

**$180/$180 Grocery/Med Budget**

December 28: thumb.gif Paid rent, electric, water, adt, credit card and van payment for $1,232. But our van payment is now current so we're current on all bills! 

December 29: thumb.gif We'll be spending the day with the inlaws. 

December 30: thumb.gif Budgeted spend on pizza, we got home from out of town at dinner time and I needed to buy groceries! We also got some snacks for the road but my dad had given us "coke money" for the trip (I had gone to the store for him and he told me to keep the change).

December 31: thumb.gifirked.gif Ah groceries. I spent $150 almost even on food, herbs, meds and wipies. My DH will be going to the other store here in a bit to get our milk and produce. My unbudgeted spend was a pair of sweat pants on sale for the little one who didn't have any (and it's cold enough he needs warm pants around the house). They were $4. I also got 3 packs of toss and go sippy cups for $6.

January 1: thumb.gif Well I was going to send DH to the post office but it's closed, so no spend!

January 2: irked.gif Found out that when my dentist talked me into a "deep clean" it turned me into a periodontal patient and my insurance doesn't cover all periodontal cleanings so I have to go every 3 months to be tortured and can't stop being a periodontal patient until I "get better". Sigh. $30 copay for that today. $9 for stamps. $22 for paper kitchen items (plates/bowls/etc) and tissues because I'm trying to get over the flu and can't keep up with the house. Sigh.

January 3: thumb.gif treehugger.gif I'm still getting over the flu and now DH has gastroenteritis (Lord help us) so another day inside until we have speech therapy at 1:30. We only have $50 left and I'm not touching it! Next pay period will be more challenging because I'll have more $$ available which makes it harder not to spend it! For my frugal thing done at home I made a quadruple batch of steel cut oats for breakfast and divided it into qt sized jars for quick breakfasts later this week. :)

January 4: irked.gif Alright..*shame* I'll put the worst things first: Movie for the boys $10, donuts for breakfast $7 and workbooks from targets dollar section because we haven't been able to afford our home school curriculum yet $4. I also got floss (the string kind since the stick kind I've been using apparently don't work well) $3 and instant potatoes $4. Now to go hide in shame.

January 5:thumb.gif treehugger.gif So usually we eat oatmeal 3-4 times a week and sweeten it with maple syrup. Well real maple syrup is expensive, so today I cooked 3/4 c frozen berries with 1/4 c water and 2 T maple syrup. Blended it all together and voila, healthier "pink" oatmeal even yummier and cheaper. I'm going to be returning an unneeded Christmas gift today (I feel bad but we really won't ever use it!) and then I need to decide what to use that gift card on. It'll be about $20...diapers? food? toiletries? 

January 6:

January 7:

January 8:

January 9:

January 10:

January 11:

January 12:

January 13:

January 14:

January 15:

January 16:

January 17:

January 18:

January 19:

January 20:

January 21:

January 22:

January 23:

January 24:

January 25:

January 26:

January 27:

January 28:

January 29:

January 30:

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#122 of 485 Old 01-05-2013, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Didn't spend any money today, but I did have to throw out a big pot of Hopping John from New Year's Day, because we have family in town and we're eating most meals either over there or from leftovers sent home with us. I'm really sick of wasting good food, so that hurt a lot greensad.gif I'm also taking chance with a big package of sausage from the grocery store, turning it into Zuppa Toscana tonight. It was marked "sell by 1/4," so based on that, today should be fine, but according to all the food safety sites, fresh sausage is only good for 2-3 days after you buy it, regardless of what the "sell by" date is. I'm not sure I understand how that can be, but I can't bring myself to waste a huge package of sausage based on that, so... Hopefully I won't have to report tomorrow that I had to spend on four ER visits! Grrr. I love when my family visits, but it turns out life upside down *sigh*

Key: 

No frivolous/unbudgeted spending: thumb.gif

Unbudgeted spending: irked.gif

Ate at home all day: yummy.gif

12/30: thumb.gif

12/31: irked.gif

1/1: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/2: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/3: irked.gif $15 at Starbucks

1/4: yummy.gif irked.gif $9 in library fines 

1/5: yummy.gif thumb.gif

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#123 of 485 Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 PM

January 1: thumb.gif and irked.gif $14 on gas; I decided to use up the change in my house to buy gas for the next two days thumb.gif

$92.05 on groceries and personal items (lotion, diapers). I let my oldest throw me off track and I bought two items that weren't on the list. Not a big deal, but I really wanted to stay at around $85. 

January 2: love.gif I only brought lunch to work even though I worked a 12 hour day.  I'm getting off of work now; I'm going to zoom home as fast as I (legally) can so I won't be tempted to make a food detour...

January 3: love.gif

January 4: dizzy.gif I totally forgot I was behind on my car payment so I had to make a double payment: $590.28. I also spent $33.01 on gas and had to pay back a loan from my parents of $400. So after paying day care on Monday, I'll have about $75 until I get paid in two weeks... :( My oldest son needs a haircut and I still need more groceries.

January 5: love.gif

#124 of 485 Old 01-05-2013, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

jammin.gifcarrot.gif= Excellent

oops.gif / shrug.gif = Not so good

dizzy.gif / surrender.gif= Very, very bad

12.31  carrot.gif  Errand day.  Groceries/ eat out= $55/ $18/ $28  oops.gif  Forgot to record library fines--  22 DOLLARS!

1.1  jammin.gif  No spend.  Staying home.  Nothing's open.  But I'm taking it anyway.

1.2  carrot.gif Happy Veggie for now, because we kept snack and treat purchases to a minimum.  Azure Standard order.  Co-op stop.  

1.3  shrug.gif  Stop at Burgerville for dd2--she ate 5 fries, I ate a burger and fries.  Oh well.  DH took dd1 out for a taco.  $20

1.4  shrug.gif  Just groceries, but not sure how I'm doing so far.  

1.5 jammin.gif  No spend.  Stayed home.

1.6 jammin.gif  Same.  

Basic groceries= $296

Snacks and treats and eating out= $60.50

Groceries for homemade treats and celebrations= $18

=$374.50/ $920 for 5 weeks ending Sunday, 2.3

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#125 of 485 Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 PM

Key:

**6/25 No Spend/Budgeted Spend Days**

December 28: thumb.gif Paid rent, electric, water, adt, credit card and van payment for $1,232. But our van payment is now current so we're current on all bills! 

December 30: thumb.gif Budgeted spend on pizza, we got home from out of town at dinner time and I needed to buy groceries! We also got some snacks for the road but my dad had given us "coke money" for the trip (I had gone to the store for him and he told me to keep the change).

December 31: thumb.gifirked.gif Ah groceries. I spent $150 almost even on food, herbs, meds and wipies. My DH will be going to the other store here in a bit to get our milk and produce. My unbudgeted spend was a pair of sweat pants on sale for the little one who didn't have any (and it's cold enough he needs warm pants around the house). They were $4. I also got 3 packs of toss and go sippy cups for $6.

January 1: thumb.gif Well I was going to send DH to the post office but it's closed, so no spend!

January 2: irked.gif Found out that when my dentist talked me into a "deep clean" it turned me into a periodontal patient and my insurance doesn't cover all periodontal cleanings so I have to go every 3 months to be tortured and can't stop being a periodontal patient until I "get better". Sigh. $30 copay for that today. $9 for stamps. $22 for paper kitchen items (plates/bowls/etc) and tissues because I'm trying to get over the flu and can't keep up with the house. Sigh.

January 3: thumb.gif treehugger.gif I'm still getting over the flu and now DH has gastroenteritis (Lord help us) so another day inside until we have speech therapy at 1:30. We only have $50 left and I'm not touching it! Next pay period will be more challenging because I'll have more $$ available which makes it harder not to spend it! For my frugal thing done at home I made a quadruple batch of steel cut oats for breakfast and divided it into qt sized jars for quick breakfasts later this week. :)

January 4: irked.gif Alright..*shame* I'll put the worst things first: Movie for the boys $10, donuts for breakfast $7 and workbooks from targets dollar section because we haven't been able to afford our home school curriculum yet $4. I also got floss (the string kind since the stick kind I've been using apparently don't work well) $3 and instant potatoes $4. Now to go hide in shame.

January 5:irked.gif treehugger.gif My oldest is autistic and tends to obsess over things. Lately it's been Christmas lights. Tonight is the last night that we have a local light display, it's 5.5 miles of lights. We have been at least 5 times since Thanksgiving. So I took the boys tonight and I don't feel bad. :) $10 So usually we eat oatmeal 3-4 times a week and sweeten it with maple syrup. Well real maple syrup is expensive, so today I cooked 3/4 c frozen berries with 1/4 c water and 2 T maple syrup. Blended it all together and voila, healthier "pink" oatmeal even yummier and cheaper. 

January 6:

January 7:

January 8:

January 9:

January 10:

January 11:

January 12:

January 13:

January 14:

January 15:

January 16:

January 17:

January 18:

January 19:

January 20:

January 21:

January 22:

January 23:

January 24:

January 25:

January 26:

January 27:

January 28:

January 29:

January 30:

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#126 of 485 Old 01-05-2013, 08:00 PM

smile.gif Planned/budgeted Purchase
greensad.gif Unplanned/impulse Purchase

January
1. greensad.gif. $8.40 Happy meals because the restaurant we had a gift card for was closed.
2. smile.gif $0
3. greensad.gif $3.35 I forgot my lunch at home.
4. smile.gif & greensad.gif $2 church coffee shop and it was budgeted. $18 on 75% merchandise impulsively purchased but on the plus side I now have a couple Easter gifts bought for my kids.
5. smile.gif. Groceries in budget and $0 spent on anything else.

Kate~ Mama to two.
#127 of 485 Old 01-05-2013, 09:11 PM

1/5 no spend thumb.gif

things I did to save money:

baked gluten free choc chip cookies and banana bread--put half in the freezer for DS's lunches (gluten free convenience foods are SO expensive).

started planning my vegetable garden.

finally mixed up my cloth wipe solution so I will use cloth wipes for the baby instead of disposable.

treehugger.gif

#128 of 485 Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 PM

Bills are in Bold.

December 30: thumb.gif

December 31: eyesroll.gif $17-ish at Grocery Depot

January 1: eyesroll.gif $171- Grocery shop

January 2: thumb.gif $120- water bill (ouch!)

January 3: eyesroll.gif $170- car insurance irked.gif $33- food for a class, $2.55- a beer for dh, unbudgeted but ok with me

January 4: eyesroll.gif $28- Grocery shop, $150 babysitter

January 5: irked.gif $3.50- bought myself coffee on the way to class this morning. eyesroll.gif $30- gas for van treehugger.gif Dh made pizza for dinner from scratch instead of buying frozen pizza.

January 6:

January 7:

January 8:

January 9:

January 10:

January 11:

January 12:

January 13:

January 14:

January 15:

January 16:

January 17:

January 18:

January 19:

January 20:

January 21:

January 22:

January 23:

January 24:

January 25:

January 26:

January 27:

January 28:

January 29:

January 30:

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#129 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 02:27 AM

Sunday 6th January

No spend day smile.gif orngbiggrin.gif smile.gif

$58.04 was remaining from the grocery budget for this week. I'm going to rollover that $58 into next week's grocery budget ($300). Canned tuna is on sale @ 4 for $5, so I'm stocking up..

In other news, my last pair of sandals broke today.. I tripped over and they ripped apart. My 2nd last pair of sandals also ripped 2 weeks ago! To be fair, both are used daily and are well over a year old. A pair of sandals to be used in the interim was given to me by MIL.. and I would keep using them for everyday outings if they weren't a fantastic shade of fluro green.. So I think tomorrow I'm going to have to bite the bullet and shell out $10 for new sandals. My first cranky face (unbudgeted expense) for January! Woohoo.. I do have runners that I can wear (my only pair of working shoes right now - well, that and the green sandals), but it's in the midst of summer now, so probably not.

What I did today to save money:

*Ate out of fridge/freezer/pantry.

*Whilst packing away books, I found about 30 brand new children's titles which would most likely not interest the kids, so I put them aside to re-gift (we have many birthday presents worth to give now).

*A few weeks ago I purchased four Lego sets for my neice, for her upcoming birthday in March. I have now decided to split the lot into two and give her 2 Lego sets for her birthday and 2 Lego sets for Christmas 2013. Four sets was probably a bit much for one occasion, but now thanks to splitting them up, I have one less person to buy for this Christmas. Bonus is, I bought them all at 50% off too. I'm going to start my Christmas fund with next pay..

*Mended my dd's dress.

Me:  run.gif  DH:  hammer.gif 

Our babies:  reading.gif  blahblah.gif energy.gif moon.gif and a  stork-suprise.gif  coming in July

#130 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 AM

We don't go out very often.  It is always shocking to a tightwad like me how much it costs to eat out. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

My Goal = 15 thumb.gif No-Spend days

My progress = 3 No-spend day so far

01..  $258 lessons for the kids

02..  thumb.gif

03..  thumb.gif

04..  thumb.gif

05..  $40.09  Date Night

#131 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 05:50 AM

That dinner out was our entire "eating out" budget for the MONTH...so we are doing free stuff today.  And cooking from home for the rest of the month.  ROTFLMAO.gif

#132 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:

That dinner out was our entire "eating out" budget for the MONTH...so we are doing free stuff today.  And cooking from home for the rest of the month.  ROTFLMAO.gif

Isn't it amazing how much restaurants can be? DD and I sometimes get foot-long subs at Subway (I figure the healthiest of the fast foods) and it's over $12 - for 2 of us.

key:

no spend-thumb.gif     

budgeted spend-winky.gif       

over budget or not budgeted-greensad.gif   

hung clothes on line- hang.gif

used the fireplace at least part of the day treehugger.gif

1/1: thumb.gif  hang.gif

1/2: thumb.gif  hang.gif

1/3: thumb.gif  hang.gif treehugger.gif

1/4: thumb.gif  hang.gif treehugger.gif really woke up too late to do a good fire, though. I'm not sure it will be down to embers in time to close the flue before we go to work. So far, so good but I realized today that I need to buy my high-potency vitamins for my adrenal fatigue and I only have $10 for supplements this month due to school having been closed. Maybe I'll see what kind of multivitamin I can get for that at Costco and live with that until I save up money for the Dr. Rind or Dr. Wilson stuff.

1/5: thumb.gif not home

1/6: thumb.gif not home

#133 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 AM

#134 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 AM

Key:

**7/25 No Spend/Budgeted Spend Days**

January 5:irked.gif treehugger.gif My oldest is autistic and tends to obsess over things. Lately it's been Christmas lights. Tonight is the last night that we have a local light display, it's 5.5 miles of lights. We have been at least 5 times since Thanksgiving. So I took the boys tonight and I don't feel bad. :) $10 So usually we eat oatmeal 3-4 times a week and sweeten it with maple syrup. Well real maple syrup is expensive, so today I cooked 3/4 c frozen berries with 1/4 c water and 2 T maple syrup. Blended it all together and voila, healthier "pink" oatmeal even yummier and cheaper. 

January 6: thumb.gif Staying home today..marriage drama, 30 weeks pregnant, a 2 yo and a 4 yo..I'm worn out. :(

January 7:

January 8:

January 9:

January 10:

January 11:

January 12:

January 13:

January 14:

January 15:

January 16:

January 17:

January 18:

January 19:

January 20:

January 21:

January 22:

January 23:

January 24:

January 25:

January 26:

January 27:

January 28:

January 29:

January 30:

#135 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Key

thumb.gif  No Spend/ Budgeted Spending

irked.gif  Unbudgeted/ Unnecessary Spending

knit.gif  Crafted for at least 30 minutres

1.  irked.gif  Not exactly how I wanted to start the year/ month, but all well.  Another $200 spent at Home Depot for more shelving for my kids' rooms, $40 spent at the grocery store while we continue to wrap our head around the food allergies.

2.  thumb.gif

3.  thumb.gif

4.  thumb.gif

5.  thumb.gif  $$ bought DDs's birthday cake and ice cream for DS2.  Blew up the birth pool, gathered birth supplies, & put crib together.

6.  irked.gif  $75 at Home Depot.  Shelves are working out so well in the kids' rooms, DH and I decided to put some in our room.  Making split pea soup for after birth from a ham bone my mom saved.

4/ 20 No Spend Days

0/ 20 Crafting Days

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#136 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 02:17 PM

Successfully bypassed the Starbucks even though I was starving, ate lunch with family, having delicious leftover soup for dinner (I didn't give anyone food poisoning joy.gif), and avoided Target! I will probably spend tomorrow though, because DD10 needs some pants that fit and because I need more than one pair of jeans to get through the rest of the winter. 

Key: 

No frivolous/unbudgeted spending: thumb.gif

Unbudgeted spending: irked.gif

Ate at home all day: yummy.gif

12/30: thumb.gif

12/31: irked.gif

1/1: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/2: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/3: irked.gif $15 at Starbucks

1/4: yummy.gif irked.gif $9 in library fines 

1/5: yummy.gif thumb.gif

1/6: yummy.gif thumb.gif

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#137 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Back from my travels.  Spent a bit at the airport (did not meet my goal), but had 3 no-spend days while taking care of my mom during and after her surgery.  And now I am home again.  love.gif

love.gif  No spend

thumb.gif  Budgeted spend

irked.gif   Unbudgeted Spend

treehugger.gif  Do something frugal at home

January 1 -- love.gif  treehugger.gif  lowered temperature on hot water heater

January 2 -- irked.gif   $10.50 food at airport  treehugger.gif  soaked beans for dh and kids

January 3 -- love.gif

January 4 -- love.gif

January 5 -- love.gif  

January 6 -- irked.gif  $3 tea at airport

January 7

January 8

January 9

My goals:

Save 50% of Jan 4th paycheck -- done!

Save 20% of Jan 18th paycheck

Do something frugal every day

Make every dollar matter

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#138 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:

Airports are so stressful, I don't blame you!

#139 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Made a big pot of my soupy pinto beans tonight but.....

Chicken was left out last night, the pickings of the whole organic chicken I stewed recently, and it is baaaad.  Crap.  That was nearly half the chicken.

duh.gif

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#140 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 PM

1/6 irked.gif some budgeted spending, some unbudgeted.  Not terrible, though. 

$13.29 at the drugstore ( I did not need the clearance xmas ornament for $1.49 nor the $2 bottled drink that DH wanted).

$6.67 at the grocery store (frozen pizza for dinner, I had planned to make dinner but I am SO tired (sick baby) and sick of washing dishes (broken dishwasher)).

things I did today to save money

finished knitting the baby's winter coat

clipped coupons

#141 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Oooo.... I like how some are listing out the frugal things they did that day.  I'm going to think on that overnight and maybe start adding that to my list, too.  I find it inspiring to read other people's frugal accomplishments.

JunebugsMom likes this.

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#142 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 08:02 PM

January Spending. 

NO SPEND - joy.gif

Budgeted Spending - thumb.gif

Unquieted Spending - eyesroll.gif

Dec 29 - thumb.gif

Dec 30- joy.gif

Dec 31 - thumb.gif

Jan 1- eyesroll.gif   

Jan 2 - thumb.gif

Jan 3 - thumb.gif

Jan 4- thumb.gif

Jan 5 - eyesroll.gif

Jan 6 - eyesroll.gif

Had a rough couple days. Hanging out, then not feeling well = eating out a few times. Tried to be frugal and go on a hike ended in buying a book and a set of maps for Forest Park costing $40. Took it out of our non-existant entertainment fund. :/ Then today I was lazy and got a coffee and a bagel, but that was BEFORE I went to my seed starting class. Where they gave us FREE SEEDS! So at least I did something frugal as well as spending. Its gonna be a tight month... 

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#143 of 485 Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 PM

free seeds, yay!  I am really excited about my veg garden this year. treehugger.gif

#144 of 485 Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillingMyQuiver View Post

Oooo.... I like how some are listing out the frugal things they did that day.  I'm going to think on that overnight and maybe start adding that to my list, too.  I find it inspiring to read other people's frugal accomplishments.

Me too!!!!

#145 of 485 Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 AM

I went out with some friends last night and technically I spent $4.  But I'm giving myself a no-spend anyway....because $4?!?!  That is ~CRAZY~ talk in my world.  Everyone around me was ordering (my favorite) lemon-drop martinis and buffalo wings and yummy good stuff...and I sat there sipping my light beer.

I originally said I couldn't go because it was not in the budget, but then I started feeling deprived...and that is a derailer for me...so I went anyway and just spent very little money.  It wasn't too bad. 

Quote:

My Goal = 15 thumb.gif No-Spend days

My progress = 4 No-spend day so far

01..  $258 lessons for the kids

02..  thumb.gif

03..  thumb.gif

04..  thumb.gif

05..  $40.09  Date Night

06..  thumb.gif

#146 of 485 Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 AM

My frugal accomplishment for the day = drank beer on tap instead of a martini.  I'm starting small with my "accomplishments"   whistling.gif

#147 of 485 Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 AM

#148 of 485 Old 01-07-2013, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Checking in early today...I won't be near the computer again.  We have a well-baby check up this morning for $15 co-pay.   

love.gif  No spend

thumb.gif  Budgeted spend

irked.gif   Unbudgeted Spend

treehugger.gif  Do something frugal at home

January 1 -- love.gif  treehugger.gif  lowered temperature on hot water heater

January 2 -- irked.gif   $10.50 food at airport  treehugger.gif  soaked beans for dh and kids

January 3 -- love.gif

January 4 -- love.gif

January 5 -- love.gif  

January 7 -- thumb.gif  well baby check up  treehugger.gif  soaking more beans for meals, lowered heat 2 degrees

January 8

January 9

My goals:

Save 50% of Jan 4th paycheck -- done!

Save 20% of Jan 18th paycheck

Do something frugal every day

Make every dollar matter

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#149 of 485 Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 AM

Key:

**8/25 No Spend/Budgeted Spend Days**

January 5:irked.gif treehugger.gif My oldest is autistic and tends to obsess over things. Lately it's been Christmas lights. Tonight is the last night that we have a local light display, it's 5.5 miles of lights. We have been at least 5 times since Thanksgiving. So I took the boys tonight and I don't feel bad. :) $10 So usually we eat oatmeal 3-4 times a week and sweeten it with maple syrup. Well real maple syrup is expensive, so today I cooked 3/4 c frozen berries with 1/4 c water and 2 T maple syrup. Blended it all together and voila, healthier "pink" oatmeal even yummier and cheaper. 

January 6: thumb.gif Staying home today..marriage drama, 30 weeks pregnant, a 2 yo and a 4 yo..I'm worn out. :(

January 7: thumb.gif whistling.gifToday is my birthday and I'm feeling kind of down so I've decided that I want to go to starbucks later and get a tall drink and wander Target by myself for some peace. :) And my mom just told me she wants to send me an "e-gift card" so I don't have to buy it myself so yay! A no spend day! The e-giftcard thing is cool, you can email someone a giftcard and they just print it off and use it like a regular gift card!

January 8:

January 9:

January 10:

January 11:

January 12:

January 13:

January 14:

January 15:

January 16:

January 17:

January 18:

January 19:

January 20:

January 21:

January 22:

January 23:

January 24:

January 25:

January 26:

January 27:

January 28:

January 29:

January 30:

#150 of 485 Old 01-07-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_mae_ View Post

January 7: whistling.gifToday is my birthday and I'm feeling kind of down so I've decided that I want to go to starbucks later and get a tall drink and wander Target by myself for some peace. :) I won't buy anything else so it'll be $3-4 only. 

hug2.gif Happy birthday, mama. Enjoy your peace break.

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page