~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ - Page 21 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#601 of 1405 Old 08-01-2013, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

It has defenitely been a "mothering" kinda day around here.  We took our nature walk, the kiddos played in the dirt with all the neighbor kids, I baked 2.5 dozen muffins from scratch (and the kids already ate most of a dozen already, lol), we took a shower together using honey as face wash and kirk's castile soap, and now I'm making chicken and rice with homemade chicken stock and leftover chicken from one I roasted.  I've also spent a great deal of time reading Country Woman magazine, lol, because I got a huge stack of them last time I went yardsaling.   DD played some educational games online and has looked at her Nat Geo magazine we get in the mail and ds watched part of Schoolhouse Rock Earth on netflix.  LOL.  We defenitely belong on this forum today.

#602 of 1405 Old 08-02-2013, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

what kind of muffins happyhats?  i could go for muffins right now.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#603 of 1405 Old 08-02-2013, 01:18 PM

I found a super simple recipe for jam muffins.  It's you basic muffin mix with a cup of any flavored jam for your fruit.  I've been using raspberry because that's what's in my fridge, but I'm thinking today of subbing a couple overripe bananas and adding some chocolate chips. 

2 cups all purpose flour

3 tsp baking powder (I didn't have any bp so I just used 1/2 tsp baking soda and they raised fine)

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg beaten

3/4 cup milk

1/4 cup veg oil (I used butter, I'm sure that coconut oil would also work)

1 cup any flavor fruit jam

Mix together the butter, milk, and oil in a small bowl.   Mix together the dry ingredients then add the egg, milk, and oil/butter mixture.  Add jam.  Bake in muffin pan for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.  I wonder if  you could use a savory jam for more "dinner" muffins, either omittiing the sugar or not.  I'm thinking about using some pepper jam later this week with some cream cheese to top them. 

I saw a deal you might like, justmama.  Running Magazine for five dollars a year!  I was thinking of trying to suprise you but I'm not sure if they will still run it next week and we are broke as jokes right now. 

#604 of 1405 Old 08-02-2013, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay! It sounds like things are looking up for so many! That's awesome :-) Those muffins sound great... and I have so much jam right now it's ridiculous (kids and I picked black raspberries and I made 36 jars of jam... some I'll give as gifts, and it'll last us all winter, but I'm definitely going to make some into muffins now!)

Today is pretty good for me. Got paid for a project, saw my bank account and went 'yippee!' ... but then paid my rent and several bills, looked again and went, 'dang. I have to make THAT last HOW long?'. Yikes. 

Oh well. BF, his kids and me and my kids all went on a long walk downtown, bought $1 ice cream cones for the kids, he found some great driftwood (he's a woodworker and does neat things with driftwood). I got waaaay sick and exhausted when I got home though, but BF came back, brought dinner, cleaned up my patio, and basically did so many nice things that I wanted to squeeze him. 

I spent almost $100 at the grocery store today, and I'm going to spend probably $50 more at the market tomorrow:/ Mildly depressing, but I haven't been grocery shopping in what seems like forever, and it'll last us a good while. 

On the UTI issue -- I had an appointment on Thursday, everything is perfectly fine. I even had an ultrasound. My doctor told me to stop worrying, everything is perfect. lol. So..... I'm going to try to stop worrying at least about that! It was fun to see the tiny babe moving around. So fun! It was what I needed. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! We are still having the BEST weather here. After the market tomorrow, I was planning on hitting up the free kids movie, but it's so nice out, we may picnic instead. 

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

#605 of 1405 Old 08-02-2013, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Omg why is it so much easier to get married than divorced? Just found 3 more papers I have to turn in, plus a class for pro se divorce plus a coparenting class! WTH? It's going to cost at least $300 to get all this crap done! Ugh

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#606 of 1405 Old 08-02-2013, 07:27 PM

I agree, Micah.  Though I've never been divorced myself I've heard the issues from many and it's absurd. 

Had a nice visit with an old neighbor that has since moved.  The kids got to play with her kids.  Made a batch of muffins with mashed banana in place of jam and they came out yummy.  Also made super simple peanut butter cookies-one cup peanut butter, one cup sugar, one egg (we also added some chocolate chips).  Baked those puppies on 325 for maybe ten minutes so they don't get too crusty. 

Going to make chicken noodle soup and garlic cheese toast for dinner.  Might be doing orange banana smoothies and popcorn if we need a light lunch.  I know that's not the healthiest but it's the first day of my period so I just don't care, lol. 

#607 of 1405 Old 08-03-2013, 01:21 AM

I was invited to go yardsaling but alas, no money.  I could borrow some and I'm SOOO tempted but I really want to pull us out of this hole so any "extra" money should really go towards some bulk grocery needs and paying the credit card balance down.  I don't "need" much anyway, so I told my sister and mom what to look out for for me.  But still...there are like NINETEEN yard sales and I get to go to nada.  Bummer city.  Meanwhile hubby isn't working tomorrow after all...it will be nice to have him home, especially since my niece is having her 18th birthday party tomorrow, but the extra overtime would have been nice (Fridays are already overtime for him though so we will be getting a check nice enough to get us out of this state, even if not AS cush).  Just whining about my brokeness.

#608 of 1405 Old 08-03-2013, 05:08 AM

Micah_mae, so you got to legal on base before he did??  Ya know, you could go through legal aid if you aren't in a rush and want it done free.  That's how my divorce went.  Took like 2 1/2 years though.  But it WAS totally free and mostly free of BS.  The only reason it took them that long is that we were/are amicable.  (That's code for dysfunctional. lol.gif )  We weren't a priority so they put us at the bottom of the list because we got along well enough and didn't need expedient service.  

highlandmum, I'm so glad you are feeling better about the pregnancy now.  It's stressful to be pregnant and have to acquire things and not know how you will pay this month's bills much less get stuff for the baby and worry about maternity leave and such.  

happyhats, I'm trying that recipe today with blueberry jam I made last year.  Sounds AWESOME!  My kids are bored of the typical fare I make. 

That baby yesterday????  Totally scrumptious and squishy.  She didn't have a very consistent day with eating and napping well(more like catnapping and snacking) so I'm hoping for a more normal day for her tomorrow when I have her again but all in all, LOVE.  I got paid for my other babysitting job so I have to put that money in the bank today so I can pay rent since it's late.  Fortunately my landlords are out of state right now so they aren't noticing anyway.  We are headed to the free Home Depot kids workshop this morning.  I love that they usually fall on the weekend that I keep them instead of sending them to dad's for an overnight.  Looks like I have 4 days lined up to take the baby this week plus my regular job so I'll be hopefully building up a small savings acct again.  I think I have mostly everything we need to start school at the end of this month.  Three in school is going to be a big change for us.  I feel so old!

#609 of 1405 Old 08-03-2013, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Lining up subbing jobs.  Fingers crossed that the jobs keeps coming and I keep stable.

Went to get bountiful baskets this am. everything looks good except the over yellow bananas.  oh well, we will just eat those today and tomorrow.  Gave the collard greens to a neighbor (hopefully in trade and I can get him to come change my air filter this week  lol)   I dont have tools or a ladder.

Lazy laundry kinda morning.  I have $500 til the end of the month and thats gonna be super tight.  And yes I realize the month just started.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#610 of 1405 Old 08-03-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post

Micah_mae, so you got to legal on base before he did??  Ya know, you could go through legal aid if you aren't in a rush and want it done free.  That's how my divorce went.  Took like 

I talked to them. but didn't hire a lawyer..we want to do a DITY divorce. I'm not worried about it anymore. I told him he can put the kids as the beneficiaries on his life insurance and he says "Nah, too much work, I trust you." He literally won't do anything that takes any effort.

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#611 of 1405 Old 08-03-2013, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello everyone!

I use to post here once or twice a few years ago but things got better and I stopped posting as much. My husband lost his job on Christmas 2012 due to the company shutting down. It really put us in a bad place financially and mentally since he was there 10 years and it closed with no warning. He was on unemployment from Jan-July and we scrapped by with making $1300 a month. I got a job in May and he just got a job 2 weeks ago. My job is on call so I don't make but MAYBE $100 every 2 weeks or so which works good for me because our oldest daughter has therapy etc and I need to be home and available for her in case she is having issues. My husbands new job is 3rd shift and he makes around $1300 a month so we live very tightly and I am trying to pay the cut off notices as I get them. We live very rural so getting a better job isn't possible. Well, nice to meet everyone! I have lurked for months. Emi

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#612 of 1405 Old 08-03-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post

I was invited to go yardsaling but alas, no money.  I could borrow some and I'm SOOO tempted but I really want to pull us out of this hole so any "extra" money should really go towards some bulk grocery needs and paying the credit card balance down.  I don't "need" much anyway, so I told my sister and mom what to look out for for me.  But still...there are like NINETEEN yard sales and I get to go to nada.  Bummer city.  Meanwhile hubby isn't working tomorrow after all...it will be nice to have him home, especially since my niece is having her 18th birthday party tomorrow, but the extra overtime would have been nice (Fridays are already overtime for him though so we will be getting a check nice enough to get us out of this state, even if not AS cush).  Just whining about my brokeness.

I was going to go yard saling this morning too but had no money or any that I could spend right now.  I am going to make the jam muffins tonight and the peanut butter cookie recipe! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandmum View Post

Yay! It sounds like things are looking up for so many! That's awesome :-) Those muffins sound great... and I have so much jam right now it's ridiculous (kids and I picked black raspberries and I made 36 jars of jam... some I'll give as gifts, and it'll last us all winter, but I'm definitely going to make some into muffins now!)

Today is pretty good for me. Got paid for a project, saw my bank account and went 'yippee!' ... but then paid my rent and several bills, looked again and went, 'dang. I have to make THAT last HOW long?'. Yikes. 

Oh well. BF, his kids and me and my kids all went on a long walk downtown, bought $1 ice cream cones for the kids, he found some great driftwood (he's a woodworker and does neat things with driftwood). I got waaaay sick and exhausted when I got home though, but BF came back, brought dinner, cleaned up my patio, and basically did so many nice things that I wanted to squeeze him. 

I spent almost $100 at the grocery store today, and I'm going to spend probably $50 more at the market tomorrow:/ Mildly depressing, but I haven't been grocery shopping in what seems like forever, and it'll last us a good while. 

On the UTI issue -- I had an appointment on Thursday, everything is perfectly fine. I even had an ultrasound. My doctor told me to stop worrying, everything is perfect. lol. So..... I'm going to try to stop worrying at least about that! It was fun to see the tiny babe moving around. So fun! It was what I needed. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! We are still having the BEST weather here. After the market tomorrow, I was planning on hitting up the free kids movie, but it's so nice out, we may picnic instead. 

I feel the same way when I get paid. I am always so excited to see the check and then it is gone when the end of the day comes. So sweet of bf to come and help you! I hope you feel better.

We took the kids today to a local blueberry farm and got 9 lbs of Organic blueberries for $13.50. I am going to make some blueberry muffins, a cobbler for DH, and leave some for eating. Gave some to my parents but what a awesome deal.

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#613 of 1405 Old 08-03-2013, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hi all-

I found out we were approved for Medicaid and food stamps-yay! The food stamps are a lot more than I thought, so I'm pretty excited about that.  I have a feeling that it will drop drastically once I start getting child support, but that's okay, I just needed a little help to get through the next few months. 

Medicaid-wise, the kids were approved for all coverage, I was only approved for the women's health care plan, which kind of stinks since I need some dental work done.  I'm going to call and ask about this next week.  Also, it looks like our usual doctor is not accepting new Medicaid patients, another thing to call about because I really like them and would rather not switch.  Crossing my fingers it works out, my daughter has a hard time with changes and we've had some BIG ones lately, so even a little change like a different doctor and dentist is likely to cause a big upset :(

Remembering to be grateful we are covered, grateful that I won't have to stress out about keeping food in the house, grateful that it will be that much easier to pay rent and buy school supplies!

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#614 of 1405 Old 08-03-2013, 06:30 PM

Hi Emi! I'm sorta new around here too. Sounds awesome about all the blueberries! yum. I wish I could find some blueberries to pick around here.... for some reason we are chock full of rasperberries, blackberries, and red raspberries, but no blueberries (and blueberries are my favorite.....) oh well. 

greenemama -- gosh, isn't it relieving to be approved for Medicaid? My kids are all under my Xdh's insurance (their dad), but of course not myself. When I got pregnant I was so scared..... being approved for medicaid was such a relief. 

Today was a GREAT day. My mom offered to watch my kids while I went to the market. My 2nd born wanted to go with me, so the other two stayed with grandma and she and I went together, and had so much fun. It's so rare to have alone time with any of the kids (single mama to three..... ) Anyway, we got tons of goodies at the market, all for what I planned on spending. So, I felt good about that, and feel good about having a stocked kitchen. Now... just have to NOT hardly any money for the next few weeks...

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

#615 of 1405 Old 08-04-2013, 02:09 PM

super whine, lol

Xdh bought himself a corvette last night 20K in cash, can anyone say barf! I acted a bit irritable about the news, go figure! I told him I am happy he is doing so well post divorce, he says "you wanted to divorce", UM nope I did not! I wanted a faithful spouse and even after the discovery of his wandering ways wanted him to work on himself and fight for our marriage which turned out to be too much work. So on our 2 year discovery of the beginning of the end of our marriage, he goes and buys a 3rd vehicle to add to his collection. Three days after he talked of us getting back together and me ever reminding him of his need for counseling for me to even consider a chance at working it out and him saying he doesn't have the time, I laughed and said well if you can't spare an hour a week for counseling then you will not have the time to have a relationship with me and date me. All our marriage we struggled and were getting our head above water and he had to go out of the marriage and now he is just peachy keen and I have sit here and watch him roll in his dough thinking darn it, that was suppose to be mine! Divorce can suck it! I need to distance myself from that man, he is like jekyl and hyde sometimes. I am glad he pays me what the court ordered and gives extra spending money, but the news of his latest purchase was like a little needle in my back!

And the good news is my support is pending for august so it will hit my bank account tomorrow and I am buying my new phone as soon as it does!

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#616 of 1405 Old 08-04-2013, 02:54 PM

Babybird, relationships with exes are so complicated, I'm sorry you're dealing with that.  Welcome, averysmomma!

Well, we wouldn't have gotten to go yardsaling anyway as it rained most of them out, lol. 

My daughter picked now to have a random growth spurt.  Thankfully I was able to pull out some clothes I had yardsaled and gotten as handmedowns.  Now we just need to deal with shoes.  She has a couple pairs of a sandles and a pair of crocs so she'll be okay until fall, but I'll be looking out for good deals shortly.  And now we have no more handmedowns for her to grow into so we are going to be on the lookout for that as well.  I might need to try to go yardsaling a bit more before the season ends!  Thankfully little man has lots of clothes to grow into and he is doing okay in the shoe department as well.  Sadly his favorite pair of shoes are almost outgrown so I might have to think of something creative to make him excited about that change-he has a hard time with changes.  I'm grateful we have all pretty much all our cold weather gear at least-dd needs boots but they can probably be borrowed if we get the snow needed for them.  We have coats, hats, gloves, and snow pants, which can be pricey. 

Made banana raisin muffins, and hubby made chocolate chip cookies last night.  We are planning a shrek marathon tonight!  Almost done with this rough week. 

#617 of 1405 Old 08-04-2013, 04:32 PM

I was out of town last week. I left $20 in the bank for gas to get home. Went to get gas and the account had $0.14 in it. STBX saw money and just spent it! I gave him cash before I left! I'm just glad that the army will take my child support out before he sees it!

#618 of 1405 Old 08-04-2013, 06:47 PM

omg sorry micahmae, getting divorced was hard here too! xdh was spending like crazy during the divorce, almost 600$ for 3 outfits a year ago =( 

So after 30 mins of searching for a lunch cup for ds online, i stumbled upon the funtainers, and remembered xdh had bought DS one a couple years ago, they are about 12-15 at wally world, made by thermos, the lid is long gone, but i read online you can get replacement lids from the company for about 5$shipped, so I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can get a replacement lid! Better than a whole new container. 

bought had a meltdown, the washer wasn't spinning the water out of the clothes, dried one load and tried the next on permanent press and the washer worked fine, just going to run them on perm press from now on. The washer is very old, but was here when we moved in, I do not want to have to get a new one, as the landlord just left it and it isn't part of the rental agreement he provided the washer/dryer. Must last until I move someday!

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#619 of 1405 Old 08-04-2013, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Micah- you need to open you own banking accounts, preferably at a different bank than stbx.

Are you with us up in 'single parents'?  join the lounge..

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#620 of 1405 Old 08-05-2013, 04:25 AM

Happyhats, clap.gif  A little golf clap for you this morning.  Your muffin recipe is awesome!  I used homemade blueberry jam.  I omitted the sugar because the jam was traditional low sugar and pectin but it still calls for CUPS of sugar.  So I figured the recipe didn't need more.  I used coconut oil and half wheat, half white flour and a squeeze of lemon juice since it was blueberry jam I was mixing in.  SO good.  I goofed and forgot the egg but with the baking powder in it, it seemed to do just fine anyway.  SO yummy.  I'm about to go have my second one with my coffee right now.  

micah_mae, I agree with zebra.  You need to protect yourself here and a separate bank acct sounds about right.  It can only help the process out anyway.  I really suggest you do that asap.  He sounds like my ex and he'll spend every penny if it's there without thought for the future.  Also a military man.  Go fig.  I think the DITY divorce is a good idea.  Lawyers really aren't necessary.  It sounds like you'll be doing all the work for everything though.  But that could be a good thing because he probably won't fight you on anything because it'll be too much work ya know?  I think if you spin it the right way, you'll get everything you want.  Not saying you should screw him over, just that you should protect yourself.

Emi, welcome.  Glad you came out of lurking.  I'm INSANELY jealous of your blueberry score.  I'd kill for blueberries at that price.  I'd have a freezer full of them and probably blue lips for months.

BabyBird, I hear ya!  Totally.  My ex has a brand new 2013 $25K vehicle and while I don't envy his monthly payment, I do envy his ability to have nice things.  It just goes along with the motorcycle, the big tv, the coffee at Dunkin every morning, etc.  My car is limping along on it's last leg and all my clothing has stains or holes and most of my furniture in my house was from a yard sale.  *sigh*  It's nothing I won't survive but it's just frustrating sometimes to hear him talk about all his nice stuff and make decisions about what he'll buy and still be struggling after these last 6 years.  

My check engine light is on again.  greensad.gif  AGAIN.  I've put thousands of dollars of work into this car in the last 2 years.  I'm just DONE.  So frustrated.  It's a toyota.  It should last me forever.  It's only got 106K miles.  Gotta go put a little cash in the bank today so I can pay rent.  And I'm babysitting again.  Also have to wash sheets from my little bedwetter.  Have to figure out how to pay my disconnect so my electric doesn't get shut off.  Story of my life.  

Gratefuls:

-muffins a la happyhats for breakfast.  We'll be making them again later today.  With 6 of us for breakfast, they are gone.

-Abundant work.

-I believe we are completely set for school to start at the end of this month.  

-Several of my holds at the library should be coming available to read soon.  I love new reading material.

#621 of 1405 Old 08-05-2013, 06:51 AM

Justmama - We're scrambling to figure out how to pay bills too. Currently waiting for the disconnect so that then I can go get aid with the water bill & electric bill. Hope you are able to fix your car cheaply. 

ILoveMyBabyBird - Our washer is on the verge of going too. Praying yours keeps working! If it does go out, I would mention it your your landlord anyways - he might suprise you and replace it since it was in the unit when you signed the contract. I kinda remember something about that when I took business law - that the landlord had to keep the unit in the same condition as it was rented it, even if that specific item wasn't mentioned in the contract. And yes it sucks your Xdh bought a new car - but hey if he ever says he can't afford support you have ammo on him now :)

Micah_Mae  - I agree with everyone else - you need your own bank account at a different bank than STBX. 

Happyhats - Dealing with a growth spurt here too. DD suddenly has outgrown most of her leggings - thankfully I can find them for like $1 each at thrift shops. Spent last night going through her clothes & sorting out too small stuff. Now today I'll go through the too big totes & see what I can find for her. 

Emi & Greenemami - Hi! Welcome to our little group :)

Gotta go put money in the bank today so I can ship some WAHM stuff & get paid, hopefully later this week. Praying they don't cut my internet off - it's on auto-withdrawal & I don't have the $$ in the bank for it right now. My account is set up to where they will decline the charge rather than allow an overdraft, so I have no idea what happens with an auto-withdrawal. 

Spent more than I should have yesterday - we ate out which I know better than to do, but dd & I were hungry and I am so tired of trying to cook & keep the house clean with no water. It's been 2 weeks today since we certified for the water repair program, and 3.5 weeks of dealing with almost no water in the house. Still haven't heard back from the plumbing program either. Kinda praying I hear from them today and kinda not - I have less than a minute left on my safelink phone & my new minutes haven't come yet. I've been trying to get them to manually credit but no luck. 

Trying to plan for my dd's birthday next month - she's turning 7. She wants to go to the circus for her birthday, but that's at least $20 just for tickets, and I'm not sure I can do that. Maybe. Was hoping to get her a nice present, but not much luck. I have 1 American Girl book put back for her, probably will try to see if I can add to it. If I can get another box of sweaters filled, shipped & paid for this month then I might can afford to get my sewing machine fixed & then I can sew her some doll clothes for her AG doll. 

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#622 of 1405 Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post

Justmama - We're scrambling to figure out how to pay bills too. Currently waiting for the disconnect so that then I can go get aid with the water bill & electric bill. Hope you are able to fix your car cheaply. 

ILoveMyBabyBird - Our washer is on the verge of going too. Praying yours keeps working! If it does go out, I would mention it your your landlord anyways - he might suprise you and replace it since it was in the unit when you signed the contract. I kinda remember something about that when I took business law - that the landlord had to keep the unit in the same condition as it was rented it, even if that specific item wasn't mentioned in the contract. And yes it sucks your Xdh bought a new car - but hey if he ever says he can't afford support you have ammo on him now :)

Micah_Mae  - I agree with everyone else - you need your own bank account at a different bank than STBX. 

Happyhats - Dealing with a growth spurt here too. DD suddenly has outgrown most of her leggings - thankfully I can find them for like $1 each at thrift shops. Spent last night going through her clothes & sorting out too small stuff. Now today I'll go through the too big totes & see what I can find for her. 

Emi & Greenemami - Hi! Welcome to our little group :)

Gotta go put money in the bank today so I can ship some WAHM stuff & get paid, hopefully later this week. Praying they don't cut my internet off - it's on auto-withdrawal & I don't have the $$ in the bank for it right now. My account is set up to where they will decline the charge rather than allow an overdraft, so I have no idea what happens with an auto-withdrawal. 

Spent more than I should have yesterday - we ate out which I know better than to do, but dd & I were hungry and I am so tired of trying to cook & keep the house clean with no water. It's been 2 weeks today since we certified for the water repair program, and 3.5 weeks of dealing with almost no water in the house. Still haven't heard back from the plumbing program either. Kinda praying I hear from them today and kinda not - I have less than a minute left on my safelink phone & my new minutes haven't come yet. I've been trying to get them to manually credit but no luck. 

Trying to plan for my dd's birthday next month - she's turning 7. She wants to go to the circus for her birthday, but that's at least $20 just for tickets, and I'm not sure I can do that. Maybe. Was hoping to get her a nice present, but not much luck. I have 1 American Girl book put back for her, probably will try to see if I can add to it. If I can get another box of sweaters filled, shipped & paid for this month then I might can afford to get my sewing machine fixed & then I can sew her some doll clothes for her AG doll. 

I am sorry about your water and plumbing troubles! We are dealing with the same issue right now waiting on people to get back to us. Our window in the living room leaked and ruined my living room floor. Insurance sent a adjuster out to view the damage and he determined they will replace the subfloor,new flooring (going from laminate to carpet), a new window, new walls on one side the room where window was, and to get whole living room repainted. They say it will be 30 days before they make final decision with numbers so we have a living room floor we can barely walk on! The baby is going nuts wanting to crawl around. It has been 2 weeks now since he came out and so she should call this week I am hoping as I really want my house back.

My oldest girl has a birthday coming up next month so I am trying hard to make money so that I can get her a new bike she desperately wants. I also am trying to earn enough on swagbucks and mturk so me and the hubby can go pick apples and stay in a hotel for our 9th anniversary next month. We haven't got to celebrate it in years so I want to surprise him.

#623 of 1405 Old 08-05-2013, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Kiddo turns 13 in early sept and i have a few things put up for him.  ("Good" type art supplies) but nothing that says 'hey welcome to 13' ya know?  He wants a couple lego sets but I might let him buy those with $$ my mother sends.  Our TV has been broke for over a month, I dont have $$ go get a replacement.  DS laptop died months ago as well.  I just seems there is no $$.  I hope subbing is plentiful (but not so much that it bumps us off benefits) - always a fine line to walk there.

Gratefuls - today I am going to the library ALONE for some quiet time.  If there isn't subbing work on friday, we got invited back to 'yarn and play' at our friends house and J can swim there.  

Its been super hot here and the heat is just sucking all the life out of me.  I don't even feel like going to the pool here at night.

I've been slowly working on J's blanket for his 'bday.  Did some of that last night.  

Food stamps hit the card on the card on the 7th.  I will be shopping on the 7th.  Ugh.

#624 of 1405 Old 08-05-2013, 01:56 PM

happy early birthdays to all the kiddos!  I'm sure you mamas will make their days great! 

I'm sorry about the car, justmama.  I am glad that we have a reliable vehicle now, but not glad for the payments, lol.  Seriously the car and the student loans are what make us struggle on a monthly basis, but what can you do. 

To be fair, I found the recipe from allrecipes.com.  I have done some variations though and it's a great recipe to play with. 

Come on Wednesday!  Food is getting more and more scarce but we'll pull through with some creative cooking.  And hopefully I can go look around for shoes for dd later this week as well. 

#625 of 1405 Old 08-05-2013, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Well good news! I have a subbing job on the very first day of school. I hope this is a sign of things to come! I have 6 days of subbing scheduled for the month of August so far. I need all the $$ I can get in August because I think Sept paychecks is what DES is going to look at for re-evaluation for FS/MEDICAL. and I can not be over limit. (Sept checks for October re-eval) I hate playing that game but what else can I do? Today is going along... I spent some time at the library. I was able to calm down a bit and ds is at swim team now. Dinner is going to be quesadillas for DS and I will have salad and something. (probably chicken). Kiddo is having chicken, green pepper and cheese quesadillas. DS got some movies at the library. Sherlock Holmes and then Tom Hanks ;) Should keep him busy for a couple days. I feel like I"m hogging the thread here...
gabbyraja likes this.

#626 of 1405 Old 08-06-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post

Well good news! I have a subbing job on the very first day of school. I hope this is a sign of things to come! I have 6 days of subbing scheduled for the month of August so far. I need all the $$ I can get in August because I think Sept paychecks is what DES is going to look at for re-evaluation for FS/MEDICAL. and I can not be over limit. (Sept checks for October re-eval) I hate playing that game but what else can I do? Today is going along... I spent some time at the library. I was able to calm down a bit and ds is at swim team now. Dinner is going to be quesadillas for DS and I will have salad and something. (probably chicken). Kiddo is having chicken, green pepper and cheese quesadillas. DS got some movies at the library. Sherlock Holmes and then Tom Hanks wink1.gif Should keep him busy for a couple days. I feel like I"m hogging the thread here...
We are doing the same thing about Fs renewal. I work very part time only when needed/on call so it has worked out well this month. Hopefully Fs doesn't go down. Yay to get all the subbing jobs. I hope things stay looking up for you.

#627 of 1405 Old 08-06-2013, 08:12 AM

DH went to the food bank this morning so we would have some food since we don't get paid for a few more days. Got a lot of random things so hopefully we can figure stuff out to do with them. Got a bag of bad produce I am going to turn a few into pancakes and stuff.

Gratefuls-

We got things from the food bank we can use

My house payment is paid for the month

We all are healthy

We have jobs which are few and in between in our town.

#628 of 1405 Old 08-06-2013, 12:51 PM

Zebra - Mind if I ask how do you like subbing? I'm considering it for making some extra $$$ Here they pay $75/day for subs with no college, and $85/day for those with 60+ college hours. I have way more than that, but not sure I can count them as I owe my University $$$ and so they won't release my transcripts. I would be doing elementary only - I have 2 elementary schools within a half mile of my house :). DD isn't old enough to be left alone all day but in a few more years when she is I might try to sub quite a bit & do some house improvements. 

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#629 of 1405 Old 08-06-2013, 01:57 PM

is there anyone that could watch your dd a couple times a week, frugalmama?  I'm sure it would help you out tons.  Maybe do a care exchange? 

We are squeaking in just under the wire here.  I'm almost out of butter and I have one egg left.  This is seriously getting old, but thankfully we get paid tomorrow night, hubby goes to the store early Thursday morning and then we can do shopping on Thursday and a costco run on Sunday.  It is needed, badly.  I'm so done with being broke and scrounging for food. 

Making our last batch of muffins for tonights snack/tomorrows breakfast, and reheating some chicken noodle soup for the kids lunch.  Dinner will be hamburger casserole. 

I picked up the kitchen a bit more and I did a couple patches on my sofas. 

Has anyone made playdoh for their children? Got any tried and true recipes?  My kiddos are on a playdoh kick, and I have a couple birthdays the end of this month that I could use a gift for.  I'm off to google tonight.

#630 of 1405 Old 08-06-2013, 03:26 PM

http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2013/03/clay-recipe.html  <----- this is on my pinterest to try.  Looks awesome and simple.

This is tried and true and loved by my littlest girl.  http://www.momto2poshlildivas.com/2012/08/back-to-school-no-cook-kool-aid-play.html

And this website is FULL of cheapo things to do with the kids that you will just adore.  So creative.  We've done lots of them already.  http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2013/01/play-recipes.html

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page