~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ - Page 27 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#781 of 1405 Old 08-31-2013, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I came home from a quick errand this morning to find all of this on my back porch.  I need to look us some recipes and preserving techniques.  I went across to thank my neighbor and she said she was just dropping off a little bit to make space- apparently she has a ton more to drop by later. The grocery bill this month will be low!  Unfortunately, my car tire was also low, so i had to buy two new tires on a car I need to get rid of in about 2 weeks. sigh. 

#782 of 1405 Old 08-31-2013, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Not having a good night. I locked my keys in my van and didn't realize it for like 4-5 hrs! Thank god we got a AAA membership when we got taxes in Feb so they will cover someone to come out and unlock my car. I have a cold and don't feel very well. Just want to go to bed.

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#783 of 1405 Old 09-01-2013, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post

Anybody got their foodstamps cut off for no reason?

We've been out since June, and it's really hurting us... My husband is disabled so even before the baby we were getting some, then with the baby we got more and now they cut us off completely saying their didn't get our simplified report (renewal). We re-applied, faxed our info many many times, dh went to the office about 4 times... Impossible to get a hold of the caseworker and when we finally get to talk with somebody, they say they don't understand why were cut off, that all our info is in the computer... That they will get back to us. Then they don't... I've been working extra hours at work but it's still not enough to make up for it... And I've been missing ds... :( I hate feeling like we depend on the government but lord, it's hard without that help! Anyway, just needed to vent!

That hasn't happened to me but whenever I need something changed I do have to go stage a sit-in at the office until they fix it.  When we moved from one county to the other it took 6 weeks for them to move my case.  I actually had to sit at the office for 4 hours with my kids one day AND speak to the manager to get it done.  I recommend doing just that.  Going with copies of all paperwork and demanding to see your caseworker and not leaving until it's finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_mae_ View Post

I started school this week. Wow it's hard. Advanced math after barely passing college algebra 8 years ago..what was I thinking? Not to mention getting divorced and still cohabitating with stbx. Crazy kids. Still waiting for my surgery date. Packing. Moving. Blah. 

:Hug  Going back to school is hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post

CRAZY week at work!!!!!! The heat sure isn't helping...We don't have air at the school I work at so we were all prepping rooms 90 degrees with humidity...

Been trying to think of ways of doing something part time at night while little girl sleeps at home...no kids though...I have special needs preschoolers all day and need my down time...Just something to help with groceries...So I was at GoodWill yesterday and they had some great looking name brand clothes..We have several great used clothes sites on facebook I belong to here that move pretty fast..Stuff sells great...I think I might try my hand at selling childrens used clothes..Maybe sell if for a $1 more than what I pay for it...I didn't buy any yesterday but I do have a good stack of my little ones fall clothing that she won't be wearing to sell...I figure if I can even run between 25$-50$ a week I will be doing great...

I just got my class schedule...Most Fridays from 9am-4:30 October thru May...I am off Fridays so not a problem espessially since the school I work for will pay me my hourly wage to go plus mileage...The class is 40 miles away...So the extra $$ will definitly be welcome...I will have to find some kind of daycare for little girl for after school since the after school program doesn't run on Fridays...Still trying to figure that one out..

Got little girls birthday taken care  of...she is going to be happy little lady when she not only opens her new scooter,helmet and handlebar horn...but she will also get to have a few fun extras we weren't planning before...I finally found the gluten free sugar cookie mix I was hunting for to make a sugar cookie cake..She wants it decorated with pink frosting(princess clouds)with white trim...A crown in the middle(for her to wear)and a Disney Princess and her Prince figures in the middle with a #6 candle...I was also able to buy those items...I am so thankfull for all these blessings for her...:love

I was able to pay all the bills this month except  for the rent...I am going through an organization for help this month..I have never had to do this before and hope my appointment on Wednesday goes well...I have to go down and talk to my landlord about it tommorow..I am really nervous about this..He is a really nice guy but like I said I have never been behind on my rent before so it makes me nervous..But he has to fill out a paper for it so there is no way around it....Could use some encouragement in this area...This is hard for me :(

Thankful today for...

Wonderful friends ONLINE and OFF....

My own apartment and central air..

That I am able to go and stay with my dad for a couple hours so my mom can go have a few hours to herself and unwind.

That my dad asked for a burger and fry from Burger King yesterday and actutally ate a little of it...

That my small garden at my parents is going to give me a little sweet corn this year...(I only got a few tomatos and some cucumbers)..

And for Mothering...a place to go and know I won't be judged or looked down on...

How did you somehow pull that scooter out of your butt????  I know you were really worried about her birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowAsylum View Post

I came home from a quick errand this morning to find all of this on my back porch.  I need to look us some recipes and preserving techniques.  I went across to thank my neighbor and she said she was just dropping off a little bit to make space- apparently she has a ton more to drop by later. The grocery bill this month will be low!  Unfortunately, my car tire was also low, so i had to buy two new tires on a car I need to get rid of in about 2 weeks. sigh. 

WAY jealous!  That's a ton of food!!!  The good news is that a lot of the things you got are easily preservable just sitting in a cool dark room without much work by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmomma05 View Post

Not having a good night. I locked my keys in my van and didn't realize it for like 4-5 hrs! Thank god we got a AAA membership when we got taxes in Feb so they will cover someone to come out and unlock my car. I have a cold and don't feel very well. Just want to go to bed.

:Hug  I hate when that happens.  

Just finished my second batch of concord grape jelly.  It should be enough for the year.  Now on to making juice.  I only got like 1/3 of the grapes that were in that spot I go to but the rest were higher up in the trees and hard to reach with a baby in the sling on my chest.  I'll have to go back on Monday when my kids are out of school and I'm not working.  Feels good to have jelly that didn't cost me much out of pocket.  I already had the sugar and pectin from sales during the year and I found jars and lids at a yard sale yesterday for $5.  So we'll be completely good all year without having to pay again.  I already did pickles, peaches, some tomato sauce, and this jelly.  I'm on FIRE!  lol.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#784 of 1405 Old 09-01-2013, 07:40 AM

Just a mini rant. Does anyone have friends who are low income but live like they are very high income and get mad when you won't go spend money with them? My friend always begs me to go out to eat with them and they know we are pinching pennies but keep on and on and how I never do anything with them etc? Ugh. They just don't get it!!

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#785 of 1405 Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:

Just a mini rant. Does anyone have friends who are low income but live like they are very high income and get mad when you won't go spend money with them? My friend always begs me to go out to eat with them and they know we are pinching pennies but keep on and on and how I never do anything with them etc? Ugh. They just don't get it!!

Oh goodness yes, and it drives me nuts.  Also, most people in the field my husband works in make a lot of money- as he will in a couple years, but the first couple years are less income, and we are stretched tight while we are getting things going.  All his coworkers drive $40,000 vehicles, take expensive vacations, and want him to goo out to eat every night at pretty expensive restaurants or bars. Even when we do have more money coming in than we do now, I don't see that being a routine part of our lives.  So we're thought of as boring. 

Off to find out about our new church today.  After past experiences though, this is going to be a kid-free scouting run. It's never good trying to get to see/learn about a new church with all the kids as three of them like to make church all about annoying everyone around them if they don't know what to expect. 

#786 of 1405 Old 09-01-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowAsylum View Post

Oh goodness yes, and it drives me nuts.  Also, most people in the field my husband works in make a lot of money- as he will in a couple years, but the first couple years are less income, and we are stretched tight while we are getting things going.  All his coworkers drive $40,000 vehicles, take expensive vacations, and want him to goo out to eat every night at pretty expensive restaurants or bars. Even when we do have more money coming in than we do now, I don't see that being a routine part of our lives.  So we're thought of as boring. 

Off to find out about our new church today.  After past experiences though, this is going to be a kid-free scouting run. It's never good trying to get to see/learn about a new church with all the kids as three of them like to make church all about annoying everyone around them if they don't know what to expect. 

Glad I am not the only one! I invited them over for homemade spaghetti or chicken salad I was cooking but they declined. Oh well. Good luck on finding a new church. We have been looking also but it has been very tough.

#787 of 1405 Old 09-01-2013, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

Yes....But when you ask them to do the free things like the park with the kiddos or free day at the zoo they get all huffy and don't want to go because it is too hot or too boring....What ever...Today we have no $$ but we aren't sitting home...I love living in town for this very reason...I dont' even have to drive...today is the Labor Day Parade and fun games and face painting in the park for the kids afterwards...Then free ice cream at the TT afterwards...Years from now my little girl won't realize this was all free and that is why we went but she will remember that she has a fun fabulous day with mom <3

#788 of 1405 Old 09-01-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post

Yes....But when you ask them to do the free things like the park with the kiddos or free day at the zoo they get all huffy and don't want to go because it is too hot or too boring....What ever...Today we have no $$ but we aren't sitting home...I love living in town for this very reason...I dont' even have to drive...today is the Labor Day Parade and fun games and face painting in the park for the kids afterwards...Then free ice cream at the TT afterwards...Years from now my little girl won't realize this was all free and that is why we went but she will remember that she has a fun fabulous day with mom <3

Sounds lovely! Have fun. We live very rurally and our town has nothing to do usually ever. We drive to the town over so will do that tomorrow maybe since I will be already out.

#789 of 1405 Old 09-01-2013, 12:58 PM

Huh, the church I found was lovely, warm, nice people, but no kids. I mean- there are NO other kids.  

I am saddened by what has happened to my church in the past decade- it fractured and the surviving parishes are really struggling in the aftermath. 

#790 of 1405 Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Well its officially 'labor day'.   This is when I tend to go into panic mode.  DS was born on labor day and for me this means the beginning of the holiday crazy.  I have DS b'day this week, then comes halloween, 2 birthdays in November plus Thanksgiving  and December stuff.  I probably forgot something in there.

I'm exhausted, mentally.  I have 2 days of subbing this week.  

I'm waiting to hear from DES on when my renewal appt is for benefits (not really an appt, just a due date and then you need to go sit in the office for a day  ugh).

Gratefuls-

lovely full bountiful basket this week

maybe finally the weather is going to break here and the monsoon will be over. i miss my evening walks

crockpot is saving meals most nights.... yeah!

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#791 of 1405 Old 09-02-2013, 11:35 AM

It's majorly majorly wet here the last 24 hours.  We are having torrential downpours and thunderstorms all day and night.  And it's forecast for all of today and tomorrow too.  Major flooding.  But the worst part is, my littlest girl is sick with a cold and fever.  I'm hoping for no pneumonia though.  I"m hoping for a simple cold.  You never know with this kids.  She was fine yesterday playing outside all day.  Then last night she was coughing a little bit in the middle of the night(not uncommon for an asthmatic) and all of a sudden this morning she's completely down and out.  She's napping now so we'll see how her breathing goes tonight.

Rent is late.  What else is new right?  :(  I'm really lucky because my landlord doesn't mind if rent is a few days later, as long as it's not more than a week.  I was able to bribe sick girl with some cookies and oranges at the grocery store this morning so we could get food.  We had a few coupons and my local store was doubling this week so we got some great deals.  I saved $27 PLUS all the reduced rack stuff that doesn't show up as savings on your receipt.  Go me!

#792 of 1405 Old 09-02-2013, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not going to the grocery this week.  I need to start saving some FS and rolling them.  This is a no spend week.  I love bountiful baskets and I have no idea how l survied before I discoved them (2 months ago).

I dont feel well today either.  I am going to spend tonight with my yarn and coffee.  I think I miss walking at night but its just darn hot yet.

My family is in town and that isnt helping things either.

I love yarn.. Hobby lobby had a huge wall of clearance yarn (im over looking the fact my m other paid for said yarn and enjoying new lovely yarn right now)

Momsteader likes this.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#793 of 1405 Old 09-02-2013, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Zebra-I hear you on the stress of the upcoming holidays.  Our holiday season doesn't kick off really until end of September when we have a local craft fair.  From then on it's running and events and whatnot until the end of the year.  We have the children's gifts pretty much done for Christmas and birthdays. I still want to make some stuff for stocking stuffers and there are one or two more things on the wishlist, but if I couldn't do anything more it would be okay.  I have some friends and family done.  Biggest issues will be my inlaws, my parents, and my sisters.  I was going to renew the costco membership for my inlaws and buy my older sister a membership.  I also wanted to do something nice for my parents.  I don't think any of that will be in the budget now with all the things that have come up.  We are going to do some photo calendars for the inlaws and baked goods for the family.  I'm thinking of doing a series of crockpot meals for my parents so I need to go through my recipes. 

Justmama, hoping the little one gets healthy fast.  No fun.  Put us in the late rent club as well.  Thankfully it seems like after paying up rent and then catching up on our internet and phone we will be all caught up.  We should be able to do a smallish grocery shop this week and be able to split the internet/phone bill in for the next couple weeks.  Then hopefully, finally, some of this juggling will be over.

Hubby and son are in need of hair cuts, fairly badly.  My daughter could use a bang trim and my pixie cut has all grown out.  I'm thinking of having hubby and son do a hair cut next week and then I can possibly snip dd's bangs myself as needed or take her and myself the next week.  I might just let my hair grow out some.  It's gotten pretty healthy and its actually looking cute rather than completely overgrown.  I hate having to worry about how we will pay for simple things like haircuts though.  And when I'm putting up laundry and I see how badly my hubby needs new shirts and underwear.  I just have to tell myself we are slowly getting better everyday.

#794 of 1405 Old 09-02-2013, 06:05 PM

I'm actually in the same spot.  My hair is completely outgrown and desperately needs a cut.  I've been pulling it up constantly for work because I work in a "high fashion" setting where it's very looks-based and my appearance matters.  You can't sell Prada and Versace to clients who care about looks and fashion and money when you don't look the part.  I'm telling myself that a bun is very chic when in fact I'm just desperately overdue for a cut and my layers are looking shabby and gross.  I think I might have some money for a supercuts trip by Friday.  *crosses fingers*

#795 of 1405 Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 PM

We are all sick here too. Colds or something but I feel really,really terrible and just want to sleep. Things have been going okay here we are late on our house payment but it will be paid in full this Friday and it was only a week late so I am not stressing to much. We finally got our bills down to under 1k a month so that makes me feel better. I hope everyone has a good Tuesday tomorrow.

JinxieFox likes this.

#796 of 1405 Old 09-02-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:

We are all sick here too. Colds or something but I feel really,really terrible and just want to sleep. Things have been going okay here we are late on our house payment but it will be paid in full this Friday and it was only a week late so I am not stressing to much. We finally got our bills down to under 1k a month so that makes me feel better. I hope everyone has a good Tuesday tomorrow.

Oh goodness, getting our bills down below 1K would be magical. Unfortunately, I think we are stuck at more than that for at least another year. 

I hope you are all feeling better soon, these late summer bugs are just miserable. 

#797 of 1405 Old 09-02-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

I have no idea whats up with my eye.  I had what I thought was pink eye a couple weeks ago.  Its STILL pink.  Had the abx eye drops and saw the dr.  I wake up in the am with 'nasty eye' and during the day i get something that feels like a 'film' over my eye.  usually doesn't itch or anything, just looks really pink from the inside to the middle of the eye and is becoming annoying.  I hate to go back to the DR because they are gonna schedule with the PA who is useless, the urgent care is ifffy and i dont think it calls for the ER.

Subbing tomorrow and thurs (assuming I dont freak out or have a mental break before then)

#798 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 AM

Rainbow, it took years to get them that low. We livein a single wide so my housepayment is insanely cheap. We dont have internet or tv either. We are trying to py down huge medical debt (over 50k) so we are just chugging along.

#799 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 09:46 AM

It would be near impossible for me to get my bills that low.  My rent alone is nearly $1000 for a 2 bedroom duplex in a not so lovely area.  I live in a fairly high cost of living area on the East Coast.  I give you a lot of props for that Emi.  It's pretty tough to accomplish that.

#800 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 10:16 AM

We pay 298 a month plus 50 for house insurance. I am in nc (raeford area). We went from 38k income to barly 20k so we let everything go.

#801 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Our house pmt is great at only $553,  but then my husband is  renting a room near work for another $750.  I keep telling myself it should only be for a year... 

#802 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 10:30 AM

Zebra, I hope your eye gets better.

#803 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 11:03 AM

I had an eye problem like that off and on for years.  In my case it was a recurrent keratitis- and took some pretty powerful antibiotics and steroids to get under control once it got bad. I hope you are feeling better soon- eye things are terrible!

#804 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ugh. I'm due with our second child on the 24th. I tripped on the dustpan in the kitchen and fell right on my hip which aggravated my SPD even more than it already was. Had to call in my husband from work to help me the rest of the day. Baby's been moving around so must be okay. I've been really hot so our electric bill was 100 this month and it's taking forever to get from one payday (maternity leave benefits) to the next.  I mean I'm glad I was (and my DH had to cook it) able to put some food on the table today mostly due to finding a leftover Target gift card from Christmas but damn I'm still hungry.

Anyway I've been looking through some books from the library including one on lowering your grocery bill. It's got an associated website and one article was about spending less than 50 bucks at the Aldi for dinner for four for a week.  I just looked at the picture and the list and I'm like, I know beggars can't be choosers but what the heck's the point of getting those bell peppers if they're covered in pesticide? And meat that's pumped full of antibiotics , dye and salt water? That's what annoys me so much about those saving money on grocery books and websites, it's save money on pre-packaged, processed junk not real food unless you're gonna soak beans every night. (Full disclosure we had beans and rice tonight)

Thank you for reading.

#805 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

darybycrash, I hear you.  I have decided to eat a whole foods diet and try to do the best we can, but not beat myself up too much.  So we don't eat much in the way of organic produce, but at least we are eating produce, right?  As far as meat, I try to avoid conventional pork and beef most of the time to avoid antibiotics, but we aren't perfect at that.  For dairy we go for no rbst milk and cabot cheese.  We avoid articifical stuff and additives, which is still a ton better than many people attempt to do, right? 

We are having a pretty nice, long weekend around here.  Hubby took a vacation day so he actually had four days off.  We haven't done too much, but we have enjoyed sleeping in, catching some movies, and relaxing as a family.  Took the kids to the park and my parents house, and bbqed.  We're off to the park again.

We're having leftover bbq porkchops with sweet potato and apple soup tonight. 

I found a great little website selling childrens' unit studies for a dollar a piece.  Plan on buying a few things for the kids on payday.  It's called hshighlights.com. 

I also got a free gc from a favorite clothing store trying to entice me back.  I was able to find three shirts I should be able to get for absolutely free, but for now the website keeps freezing. 

I found some sugar scrubs and soaps to make for my sisters for Christmas, and I'm digging through frozen meals for my parents.  I'll probably start making things in earnest come November but I need time to plan and buy supplies.

#806 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 05:18 PM

I went to my new job to do the paperwork and learned none of the khakis I have are the ones they require. Sigh. Trying to sell off a toy someone gave us to buy the right khakis. Made fish for dinner and going to bed I am exhausted.

We eat non-organic. I know it is bad and etc but when I can only afford $400 a month for food I do the best I can to put anything on the table to feed my girls. We do do some things organic but I try not to feel bad about not. We do farmers markets,etc sometimes too.

#807 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 07:16 PM

I aim for healthy, whether or not it has the organic label.  I try to source food from people I know, or sources that are as ethical as possible.  However, the reality is that when the budget is really tight, getting food on the table at all is the ultimate priority.   I skip most of the premade chemical filled junk, and opt for whole, raw foods. If possible, I go with organic for some, but other things, I just wash and go with the flow.  It's so easy to feel like that still isn't good enough- especially in the ap/crunchy parenting community where it almost seems that handing a kid a conventionally grown apple is tantamount to child abuse.   But really, my kids eat well most of the time, with a fair sprinkling of junk and better living through chemistry now and then.  The best I can do has to be good enough, and I finally made peace with the fact that sure- someone is doing it better- but I am making the changes and choices I can within my own life to do the best I can for my kids. Ultimately, it really IS good enough. 

Oh gosh- the wrong khakis?  How does that work?  I would think khakis are khakis- I hope you can find a deal on some and not have to dip too far into creating extra money to grab a pair or two. 

#808 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post

Welcome thatgirliknew.  Your school situation sounds AMAZING!  Perfect situation for a student.

It really is. I am so very fortunate. This program is competitive because for a massive city there are roughly 200 housing spots and most of those only open up every couple years (when someone has graduated college). BUT, it gives you a Section 8 voucher, a utility allowance, bus fare if needed; plus little incentives like donated meals during finals week, your family gets sponsored for holidays, you might go to a workshop (that's very fun or informative in itself) and get a gift card or something.

Single mama to DS8 and DD4. Feminist. Queer. Atheist. Poly. Full-time poli sci and econ student.
#809 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:

My FS worker loves to be a witch grrr. I dread even sending in my papers anymore because she will send 2-3 notices for little stuff that she already has~! She claims I didn't send in all husbands pay stubs which I did so I sent a letter back about that, now she claims I didn't turn in my July 1st paycheck when I clearly wrote her a letter when I sent it all in saying I didn't have a paycheck for that date because I didn't work. GRRRRR Now, I have to go to my job Tuesday and see if he can look it up for me to verify I for certain didn't receive a check so I can play phone tag with her a million times. It makes me want to get another job just so I don't have to deal with her bs.

Ugh. It can be really tough to deal with workers sometimes. Mine just doesn't communicate at all. She told me that I had to do 20 hours of approved activities a week. That's fine with me. She said my school only counts for actual in class hours. I've seen the handbook for the workers. I have a copy of my own, lol. It says that I get credit for every classroom hour plus one hour of "unsupervised study time" for each hour I'm in class. I'm trying to talk to her about this so I don't get sanctioned, because she's just counting my in class hours. I'm also trying to get my voucher to get my car fixed. But, since I have a life; I can't go sit at the office all day every day to meet her in person, and she doesn't return phone calls...

Single mama to DS8 and DD4. Feminist. Queer. Atheist. Poly. Full-time poli sci and econ student.
#810 of 1405 Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post

thatgirl, can you ask your advisors?  Hopefully someone at the school can help.  Otherwise talk to tanf about getting childcare during your community hours times or finding somewhere you could volunteer and take the children.  I know it's a harder road but it may work out.  Maybe you could make connections to help you with your career choice or you could find something that would be enriching for your children.

I go to school in a different state than I reside, so my school has NO idea what the requirements are.  The current state law says that I have only one year of post-secondary education before I'm required to work or volunteer as well. That's actually fine with me because I put in a lot of hours each week at a local grassroots organization. I'm just annoyed at the policy, especially since it used to be two years. I just think that it makes more sense to allow someone two years of college full-time so they can actually get a degree and hopefully be off assistance.

Tags
Finances , Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page