~ March No-Spend Challenge ~ Budgeting our way to a pot of gold! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 195 Old 03-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
3/7 no spend, tomorrows looking good also!
3/8 no spend! Proably tomorrow too!
3/9 no spend
3/10 no spend- inlaws visited brought a ton of food which will strech the geocery budget! They also paidbtheir part of the cell bill which they do every 3 months whichd will,help with next pay checks budget.
3/11 dog food 35$ not budgeted but needed and can afford. 615 on van payment planned from bonus. Received an unexpected 170$ for speech therapy i thought insurance would cover need to fiqure out if they will. 25$ gasoline budgeted. 115 target- this was from bday money and. Gift card so not out of budget.
3/11 budgeted 25$ speech. Therapy. Found out today my copay should have been 25$ all along which explains the bill. Thats 80$ extra a month in an already tight budget.
#62 of 195 Old 03-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Double post sorry greensad.gif
#63 of 195 Old 03-08-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sativarain1 View Post

HoneyBee- How do you like Taproot magazine? I haven't read it. 

Well, I only got the very first issue about a year ago (I must have been on some mailing list to get it), so this opinion is based on that.  It's a BEAUTIFUL magazine!  Great articles, beautiful artwork, lots of interesting topics covered.  I am a huge fan of Soulemama's blog and she's the editor, so I've just been seeing glimpses of it and decided to get a subscription :)

3/1: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/2: budgeted spending thumb.gif $8 coffee & tylenol

3/3: budgeted spending thumb.gif $30 subscription to Taproot magazine

3/4: budgeted spending thumb.gif $13 Whole Foods dinner, $47 groceries, $32 gas

3/5: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/6: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/7: eeeeek! Sheepish.gif String Cheese Horning's ticket $325 (on the CC, no less)

So I was all set and had decided that I wasn't going to buy a ticket.  They are so expensive this year (went up $60 from last!) and I don't have my tax refund in my hands yet.  My friend and I had decided we definitely weren't going to buy tickets.  Well, my phone got text bombed by friends yesterday morning before tickets went on sale and I broke down and bought one anyway (as did my friend--LOL).  I mean, really, no regrets, it will absolutely be worth it, but it was definitely not a budgeted purchase.

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

#64 of 195 Old 03-08-2013, 06:17 AM

thumb.gif  No spending    winky.gif  Budgeted spending    greensad.gif Not budgeted/went over budget    joy.gifDid something to save $ or make extra $     hang.gif  Hung clothes out

rainbow1284.gif2cents.gif  shamrocksmile.gif  MARCH  shamrocksmile.gif  rainbow1284.gif2cents.gif

01  thumb.gif

02  winky.gif  Grocery shopped $95

03  thumb.gif

04  thumb.gif

05  thumb.gif

06  winky.gif  Got a few groceries at BJ's Club $43 

07  winky.gif  Spent $11 at CVS on bars of soap, not natural but our fave non-natural brand.  24 bars of soap should last about 2 years, I'd say? joy.gif I used 7 ECB and got 5 ECB for next time

08  thumb.gif  We are snowed in today, which means it's a no spend day, but also no work today for me, which means a smaller paycheck :(

Grocery Total: $138

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#65 of 195 Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 AM

3/7 $20.00 for co pay in meds

22.98 for books at book fair

5.oo in grocery

#66 of 195 Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Key:

No Spend/Paying Bills thumb.gif

Budgeted Spend eyesroll.gif

Unbudgeted Spend irked.gif

Did Something Frugal at Home treehugger.gif

So we are paid biweekly, I'm going to split my goals up. 

**4/7 No Spend/Budgeted Spend Days**

**$98/$60 Grocery/Diaper Budget**

**$140/$150 Gas**

February 28: thumb.gif

March 1: thumb.gif

March 2: irked.gif Had to send DH to the store for potatoes (I made a roast and when I went to make the potatoes realized they had gone bad :( ). Although that looks like a lot for 5 potatoes so I'm wondering if he got something else as well. I'll have to ask him. ($4.56).

March 3: thumb.gif My mom and grandma met us to trade the kids back (they took them for the weekend so I could rest), they sent us home with dinner, scones and filled us up on gas! Oh and another season of Big Bang Theory because I mentioned I wanted to borrow it from my brother (mom decided buying it would be easier). :D I'm so blessed.

March 4: irked.gif Probably going to have to get groceries today even though we are out of money. ($8)

March 5: irked.gif Had to get food and it was about twice what I expected! We didn't even get much! ($40)

March 6: thumb.gif treehugger.gif I made 12 hard boiled eggs for snacks and 2 dozen muffins for breakfast/snacks.

March 7: thumb.gif I have a Bible study this morning after which we will be staying home, being boring. :)

March 8: irked.gif Food ($25)

March 9:

March 10: 

March 11:

March 12:

March 13:

**0/8 No Spend/Budgeted Spend Days**

**0/$280 Grocery/Diaper Budget**

**0/$150 Gas**

March 14:

March 15:

March 16:

March 17:

March 18:

March 19:

March 20:

March 21:

March 22:

March 23:

March 24:

March 25:

March 26:

March 27:

March 28:

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#67 of 195 Old 03-08-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:thumb.gif
Originally Posted by AprilMary View Post

Hi I'm Jennifer, currently on mat leave with my beautiful daughter. I participated last month in the no spend challenge and it was a great way to track my family's spending. We're going on a vacation at the end of this month so I want to make sure we stay on track.

We're going to eliminate our weekly spending $$ this month because lately we spend it only on special food/takeout and if we haven't spent it by the end of the week I feel like we should and make a not so good food choice. We'll see how it plays out.

thumb.gif = no spend / budgeted 

whistling.gif = spend / unbudgeted 

carrot.gif= stayed within grocery budget

March 1 thumb.gif

March 2 going out with my Mom and daughter today, likely a little whistling.gif but we'll see..... Ended up spending 30, bought 5 pairs of dress pants at thrift store, a mattress cover and a cantaloupe. 

March 3 whistling.gifbig time spend day, bought 2 new pairs of pants, lunch out, Starbucks, husband got a new coat, sweater book and DVD.dizzy.gif What a day, we have decided that we are definitely not spending anymore this month until vacation. Other than grocery budget of course. Everything we bought was on sale today which was nice. Spent about 225.

March 4 thumb.gif

March 5 thumb.gif spent $8 grocery budget

March 6 thumb.gif spent $4 on coffee (gift card)

March 7 thumb.gif spent $25 of grocery budget

March 8 thumb.gif spent $10 of grocery budget

March 9 thumb.gif spent most of grocery budget at farmers market, bakery and health food store, $40 remaining. Went out for lunch and coffee using gift cards and bought three scarves and a wallet using a gift card I've been wanting to use. Also picked up swimsuit top and sunhat which matches my daughters swim diaper (bummis camping print - so cute, budgeted) carrot.gif

March 10 thumb.gif no spend, sitting at home today. Daughter up most of night fussy, even missed Church.......

March 11 thumb.gif $8 of food budget, rice and treats, also used rest of gift card plus .60 cents for coffee

March 12 thumb.gif home day

March 13 thumb.gif home day may take a walk later, leave wallet at home. :)

March 14 thumb.gif

March 15 ordered eczema creams, cotton inserts for my beautiful girl. Budgeted thumb.gif

March 16 thumb.gif used grocery budget $$ for lunch 25$, tickets to home show 9$ with coupon whistling.gif not budgeted.

March 17 bread, chocolate 12$ from food budget thumb.gif

March 18 whistling.giftotally unbudgeted 102$ for answering machine and bouncy toy for my girl. Reworked budget to make it work out luckily.... 38$ from food budget, coffee, margarine, eggs, vinegar, popcorn etc. etc.

March 19 thumb.gif

March 20

March 21

March 22

March 23

March 24

March 25

March 26

March 27

March 28

March 29

March 30

March 31 joy.gifvacation

#68 of 195 Old 03-08-2013, 02:42 PM

Honeybee-thanks for replying. I really like Soulemama's blog also, that's why I asked about the magazine. The cost of the magazine seems a bit high for each issue but they also don't have any adverstising which is probably why. Maybe I'll try and pick up an indivdual issue sometime.

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
#69 of 195 Old 03-08-2013, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

March 8

tomato.gif Well, still assessing the damage.  Minor, but still.  

$10 for open swim came from our family FUNfund.  The girls worked with me at a job after lunch and I paid them nicely for their effort.  They bought Scleich animals.  Had to add a Costco trip to today's shopping because we needed soymilk, and Costco is such a bore that I bought 2 cases instead, plus extras of our usual so I wouldn't have to go back.  Then, my hungry girls spent the last of their snack money at Taco Del Mar, which meant that hungry me got a couple of fish tacos, of course.   Then, grabbed extra PB and a box of Petit Ecolier cookies, one of my favorite treats.  Thought "what the hell?" once I blew my weekly target at Costco.  

Hoping for another no-spend day soon.  It's been 9 days and I only have 1!!  And I didn't get my dancing veggie for week #1.  Oh, well.  Can't feel that bad with the taste of cookie and chocolate still fresh on my taste buds!  I'll add up the damage for tomorrow.

tomato.gif= Minor damage

jammin.gif= No spend

thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif= Doin' just fine

dizzy.gif = planned but painful

Grocery target= $740

Remaining= $508

I need these things this month:

CHICKS AND DUCKLINGS!!!!! joy.gif

Materials for chicken tractors: plasticboardspipe, connectors, brooder thermometers, extra heat lamp bulbs, etc.

Photos from camera card

Herb starts, etc. for garden

Deposit for Girl Scout day camp 

More pants for dd1?

More camping reservations-- a campground near their day camp

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#70 of 195 Old 03-09-2013, 04:28 AM

3/8  no spend!

Today will be spendy, though

#71 of 195 Old 03-09-2013, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

More groceries yesterday.  Seems like I have been at the store a lot lately.   I have been hitting the sales and trying to get the most food for my dollars.  My kids are eating everything!  

Today...we are invited to a friend's for dinner, but we are supposed to bring wine and dessert.  Of course, I have no wine or dessert.  There go my last few grocery dollars.  Hmmm...what can I scrounge up for dessert?  

thumb.gif  No spend/Budgeted spend

irked.gif   Unbudgeted Spend

Save 30% of paycheck -- done!

Groceries -- $273.45/$300

Gas -- $60/$60 for van, $45 for car

March 1 -- thumb.gif  groceries, gas, bills, and socks

March 2 -- thumb.gif  

March 3 -- thumb.gif

March 4 -- thumb.gif  heating bill

March 5 -- irked.gif ice cream for kids

March 6 -- thumb.gif  groceries

March 7 -- irked.gif more snacks

March 8 -- thumb.gif  more groceries

March 9

March 10

March 11 

March 12

March 13

March 14

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#72 of 195 Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 AM

thumb.gif  No spending    winky.gif  Budgeted spending    greensad.gif Not budgeted/went over budget    joy.gifDid something to save $ or make extra $     hang.gif  Hung clothes out

rainbow1284.gif2cents.gif  shamrocksmile.gif  MARCH  shamrocksmile.gif  rainbow1284.gif2cents.gif

01  thumb.gif

02  winky.gif  Grocery shopped $95

03  thumb.gif

04  thumb.gif

05  thumb.gif

06  winky.gif  Got a few groceries at BJ's Club $43 

07  winky.gif  Spent $11 at CVS on bars of soap, not natural but our fave non-natural brand.  24 bars of soap should last about 2 years, I'd say? joy.gif I used 7 ECB and got 5 ECB for next time

08  thumb.gif  We are snowed in today, which means it's a no spend day, but also no work today for me, which means a smaller paycheck :(

09  winky.gif  Gas & Groceries  joy.gifCut DH's hair

Grocery Total: $138

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#73 of 195 Old 03-09-2013, 05:55 PM

Key:

**4/7 No Spend/Budgeted Spend Days**

**$98/$60 Grocery/Diaper Budget**

**$140/$150 Gas**

March 2: irked.gif Had to send DH to the store for potatoes (I made a roast and when I went to make the potatoes realized they had gone bad :( ). Although that looks like a lot for 5 potatoes so I'm wondering if he got something else as well. I'll have to ask him. ($4.56).

March 3: thumb.gif My mom and grandma met us to trade the kids back (they took them for the weekend so I could rest), they sent us home with dinner, scones and filled us up on gas! Oh and another season of Big Bang Theory because I mentioned I wanted to borrow it from my brother (mom decided buying it would be easier). :D I'm so blessed.

March 4: irked.gif Probably going to have to get groceries today even though we are out of money. ($8)

March 5: irked.gif Had to get food and it was about twice what I expected! We didn't even get much! ($40)

March 6: thumb.gif treehugger.gif I made 12 hard boiled eggs for snacks and 2 dozen muffins for breakfast/snacks.

March 7: thumb.gif I have a Bible study this morning after which we will be staying home, being boring. :)

March 9: joy.gif Had a baby today!!

March 10: 

March 11:

March 12:

March 13:

**0/$150 Gas**

March 14:

March 15:

March 16:

March 17:

March 18:

March 19:

March 20:

March 21:

March 22:

March 23:

March 24:

March 25:

March 26:

March 27:

March 28:

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#74 of 195 Old 03-09-2013, 06:02 PM

3/7: eeeeek! Sheepish.gif String Cheese Horning's ticket $325 (on the CC, no less)

3/8: budgeted spending thumb.gif $24 groceries, $8 champagne, $8 tip for dinner

3/9: budgeted spending thumb.gif $11 groceries

#75 of 195 Old 03-09-2013, 08:17 PM

March 9 

tomato.gif Keep hoping for a no-spend day, and we keep not getting it.  Oh, well.  Bought the girls a couple little bags of chips for selling GS cookies today.  Bought a box for our treats at home.  Added up this weeks grocery total, and we were about $86 over for the week.  

March 10

jammin.gif  A day early, but we have no plans to go anywhere.  Finally!  Another no-spend!

tomato.giftomato.gif= Minor damage

jammin.gif jammin.gif= No spend

thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif = Doin' just fine

Grocery target= $740

Remaining= $405

Materials for chicken tractors: plasticboardspipe, connectors, brooder thermometers, extra heat lamp bulbs, etc.

Photos from camera card

More pants for dd1?

#76 of 195 Old 03-10-2013, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Congrats micah_mae_!!!

I really need to come post. Hopefully tomorrow. Been working on getting my house and files in some sort of super organization!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#77 of 195 Old 03-10-2013, 08:10 AM

Congrats Micah_Mae_!!!!!

#78 of 195 Old 03-10-2013, 08:36 AM

biggrinbounce.gifCongrats on your little boy Micah_Mae_! biggrinbounce.gif

Me:  run.gif  DH:  hammer.gif 

Our babies:  reading.gif  blahblah.gif energy.gif moon.gif and a  stork-suprise.gif  coming in July

#79 of 195 Old 03-10-2013, 04:17 PM

joy.gifCONGRATS micah_mae_!!!!!

We were just without power for 4.5 days bigeyes.gif due to the snow storm and a substation going out.  Now I'm working on dealing with the Mt Everest of laundry we have.

Key

thumb.gif  No Spend/ Budgeted Spending

irked.gif  Unbudgeted/ Unnecessary Spending

treehugger.gif  Did Something Frugal

1.  irked.gif  $28 at McD's for lunch treehugger.gif decluttered maternity clothes and baby clothes, passed along to DH's pregnant cousin

2.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif winter sowed 2 containers of echinacea seeds, ILs visited overnight and treated our family to dinner

3.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  planted 52 onion sets in the garden, ate leftovers for lunch and dinner

4.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  all meals had at home, finished off the leftovers for lunch

5.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif baked bread in prep for snow storm coming, but I didn't get the stew and additional bread done.  Planted rainbow chard seeds in garden.

6.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Snow storm, lost power, cooked stew, rice, and bread on grill.  Kept warm using the woodstove.

7.  irked.gif  No power, hubby went to store for breakfast cereal.  Ran generator for fridges & freezer.  Picked up more oil lamps and an extra gas can at WalMart & spent $75 on wood for woodstove.

8.  irked.gif    treehugger.gif  Still no power, DD4 had a well baby visit, my mom watched the rest of the kids & washed the cloth dipes for me at her house.  Spent $75 @ Target for additional drying racks, oil for generator, ash can for the woodstove, mini- LED flashlights for the kids, and new toilet brushes.  Heated w/ woodstove.

9.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Day 4 no power, hubby went to grocery store for hamburgers & hot dogs, my mom took my donations to the thrift store for me, acquired a set of fireplace gloves & fireplace tongs from my parents they no longer use, but proved quite handy for us.

10. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Power was restored this morning!!!  Winter sowed sprouted tomato seeds.

Goal for March  7/20 No Spend Days

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#80 of 195 Old 03-10-2013, 07:41 PM

Thanks everyone for the congrats! I'm calling it a no spend day even though dh did go and get juice for smoothies. :)

Key:

**7/7 No Spend/Budgeted Spend Days**

**$100/$60 Grocery/Diaper Budget**

**$140/$150 Gas**

March 9: joy.gif Had a baby today!!

March 10: thumb.gif

March 11:

March 12:

March 13:

**0/$150 Gas**

March 14:

March 15:

March 16:

March 17:

March 18:

March 19:

March 20:

March 21:

March 22:

March 23:

March 24:

March 25:

March 26:

March 27:

March 28:

#81 of 195 Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations micah_mae!!!!!!!!

joy.gif

#82 of 195 Old 03-11-2013, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Oooof!!   We went out for breakfast yesterday.  Our real estate agent called early and a buyer wanted to look at our house.  We cleaned like crazy and left with 4 hungry kids, 2 parents who had not even had a morning cup of coffee and we went out for an unplanned meal.  This house needs to sell!!!  I can't afford all of these last minute showings.  The buyers had been to our house before and apparently love it.  They spent 2 hours here yesterday, so my fingers are crossed that this is the deal we need.  

Groceries -- $273.45/$300

March 2 -- thumb.gif  

March 3 -- thumb.gif

March 9 -- thumb.gif

March 10 -- irked.gif  irked.gif  irked.gif  breakfast out

March 11 -- thumb.gif

March 12 

March 13

March 14

#83 of 195 Old 03-11-2013, 06:27 PM

3/10: budgeted spending thumb.gif $43 groceries

3/11: no spend biggrinbounce.gif got my tax refund checks in the mail today!! :)

And I just realized I had been using the wrong smilies on my last few posts...off to correct them ;)

#84 of 195 Old 03-11-2013, 06:55 PM

March 11

thumb.gif  Starting off the week optimistically.  The girls spent about $8 of their snack fund on chips and candy.  We treated them to DQ ($19) after putting up with signing all the escrow documents for our refinance.  We also stopped by the feed store to preview the breeds of chicks available (next week!).  DD2 needed a new pair of rubber boots, $20-- they practically live in them year 'round where we live.  We could have bought them cheaper at another store, but dh forgot and we needed them NOW.

shake.gif shake.gif= Minor damage

jammin.gif jammin.gif= No spend

thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif= Doin' just fine

Grocery target= $740

Remaining= $387

Photos from camera card

More pants for dd1?

#85 of 195 Old 03-12-2013, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Another no spend here today.  We are hosting a large party for my husband's student tonight.  She is graduating with her PhD today.  Sweet!  The food is ready and I need to do a bit more cleaning.  I tallied the purchases for the party and I am $93 under budget.  Yeah!  That money will get rolled into savings on our next payday this Friday.  

Groceries -- $292.61/$300

March 2 -- thumb.gif  

March 3 -- thumb.gif

March 9 -- thumb.gif

March 11 -- thumb.gif

March 12 -- thumb.gif

March 13

March 14

#86 of 195 Old 03-12-2013, 04:09 PM

3/9 $205 in groceries

3/8 $106 for 4 pairs of kids shoes

3/10 no spend

3/11$95 to pay for house cleaning $62. 98 in kids clothes

So, we are over budget for this month's clothes. Everyone grew out of everything at once. That's ok because I'll just count it towards next month's clothing budget.

#87 of 195 Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM

3/10: budgeted spending thumb.gif $43 groceries

3/11: no spend biggrinbounce.gif got my tax refund checks in the mail today!! :)

3/12: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

#88 of 195 Old 03-13-2013, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

Groceries -- $292.61/$300

Gas -- $60/$60 for van, 0/$45 for car

March 2 -- thumb.gif  

March 3 -- thumb.gif

March 9 -- thumb.gif

March 11 -- thumb.gif

March 12 -- thumb.gif

March 13 -- thumb.gif

March 14

Save 20% of paycheck 

Groceries -- 0/$300

Gas -- $60 for van, $45 for car

March 15 Pay day!

March 16

March 17

March 18

March 19

March 20

March 21

March 22

#89 of 195 Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 AM

Key

thumb.gif  No Spend/ Budgeted Spending

irked.gif  Unbudgeted/ Unnecessary Spending

treehugger.gif  Did Something Frugal

1.  irked.gif  $28 at McD's for lunch treehugger.gif decluttered maternity clothes and baby clothes, passed along to DH's pregnant cousin

2.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif winter sowed 2 containers of echinacea seeds, ILs visited overnight and treated our family to dinner

3.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  planted 52 onion sets in the garden, ate leftovers for lunch and dinner

4.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  all meals had at home, finished off the leftovers for lunch

5.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif baked bread in prep for snow storm coming, but I didn't get the stew and additional bread done.  Planted rainbow chard seeds in garden.

6.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Snow storm, lost power, cooked stew, rice, and bread on grill.  Kept warm using the woodstove.

7.  irked.gif  No power, hubby went to store for breakfast cereal.  Ran generator for fridges & freezer.  Picked up more oil lamps and an extra gas can at WalMart & spent $75 on wood for woodstove.

8.  irked.gif    treehugger.gif  Still no power, DD4 had a well baby visit, my mom watched the rest of the kids & washed the cloth dipes for me at her house.  Spent $75 @ Target for additional drying racks, oil for generator, ash can for the woodstove, mini- LED flashlights for the kids, and new toilet brushes.  Heated w/ woodstove.

9.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Day 4 no power, hubby went to grocery store for hamburgers & hot dogs, my mom took my donations to the thrift store for me, acquired a set of fireplace gloves & fireplace tongs from my parents they no longer use, but proved quite handy for us.

10. irked.gif  treehugger.gif  Power was restored this morning!!!  Winter sowed sprouted tomato seeds.  Ended up ordering pizza for dinner.

11. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  4 kids had dentist appts, all were cavity free orngbiggrin.gif  Had our American Heritage Girls Joining Ceremony, made gluten-free rice krispie treats, was given all of the leftover potato chips at the end of the night.

12. irked.gif  treehugger.gif  DH forgot his wallet at home & needed gas for his car.  Had to drive an hour (one way) to his office, kids and I had an unbudgeted McD lunch w/ him.  Prepped 2 loaves of bread to bake in the morning.

Goal for March  7/20 No Spend Days

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#90 of 195 Old 03-13-2013, 07:50 AM

Hello everyone! I'd like to join in. :)

I'm a stay-at-home homeschooling mom of three and one on the way. My husband just accepted a new job offer and we will be moving at the end of April. We really need to watch our spending these next few months, as moving is a huge expense!

We just started going through the Dave Ramsey plan and realize that we need to make some serious changes. We have credit card debt, student loans, and two auto loans (one we are way upside down on - it is ridiculous!). Our goal is to get the credit cards paid off by the end of the year and save up enough to pay for our homebirth in cash.

I need to meal plan EVERY week. We save so much money when I'm consistent with this. Otherwise I get lazy and we end up eating out and spending way too much money. I want to buy all organic and natural foods, but DH has really been asking me to cut back on that temporarily until we get the credit cards paid off. So I need to compromise there... We need to sit down weekly and go over our budget plans together to make sure we're on the same page. I need to stay out of Target as much as possible... I tend to go a little crazy there. We need to keep plugging through the Dave Ramsey materials together this month, too.

I think that's it for now... looking forward to saving money and working towards our financial goals! 

Loving wife and mother to three little chickadees and one sweet surprise on the way! chicken3.gif

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page