~ March No-Spend Challenge ~ Budgeting our way to a pot of gold! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 195 Old 03-17-2013, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifasmama View Post

B
This is acting weird so,not sure how its going to show up.
3/12 paid 170 speech bill from savings. $25 co pay budgeted

Forums been not working right so missed a few day, got paid o paid some bills but jave stayed in budget.
3/17 its cold out and we felt like an adventure so we went to a free indoor mall playground. We ate in the food court but brought our own lunch so the only cost was gas which we already had. Now were getting groceries but its budget so cointing as no spend.
#122 of 195 Old 03-17-2013, 05:37 PM

Key

thumb.gif  No Spend/ Budgeted Spending

irked.gif  Unbudgeted/ Unnecessary Spending

treehugger.gif  Did Something Frugal

1.  irked.gif  $28 at McD's for lunch treehugger.gif decluttered maternity clothes and baby clothes, passed along to DH's pregnant cousin

2.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif winter sowed 2 containers of echinacea seeds, ILs visited overnight and treated our family to dinner

3.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  planted 52 onion sets in the garden, ate leftovers for lunch and dinner

4.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  all meals had at home, finished off the leftovers for lunch

5.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif baked bread in prep for snow storm coming, but I didn't get the stew and additional bread done.  Planted rainbow chard seeds in garden.

6.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Snow storm, lost power, cooked stew, rice, and bread on grill.  Kept warm using the woodstove.

7.  irked.gif  No power, hubby went to store for breakfast cereal.  Ran generator for fridges & freezer.  Picked up more oil lamps and an extra gas can at WalMart & spent $75 on wood for woodstove.

8.  irked.gif    treehugger.gif  Still no power, DD4 had a well baby visit, my mom watched the rest of the kids & washed the cloth dipes for me at her house.  Spent $75 @ Target for additional drying racks, oil for generator, ash can for the woodstove, mini- LED flashlights for the kids, and new toilet brushes.  Heated w/ woodstove.

9.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Day 4 no power, hubby went to grocery store for hamburgers & hot dogs, my mom took my donations to the thrift store for me, acquired a set of fireplace gloves & fireplace tongs from my parents they no longer use, but proved quite handy for us.

10. irked.gif  treehugger.gif  Power was restored this morning!!!  Winter sowed sprouted tomato seeds.  Ended up ordering pizza for dinner.

11. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  4 kids had dentist appts, all were cavity free orngbiggrin.gif  Had our American Heritage Girls Joining Ceremony, made gluten-free rice krispie treats, was given all of the leftover potato chips at the end of the night.

12. irked.gif  treehugger.gif  DH forgot his wallet at home & needed gas for his car.  Had to drive an hour (one way) to his office, kids and I had an unbudgeted McD lunch w/ him.  Prepped 2 loaves of bread to bake in the morning.

13. thumb.gif

14. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  winter sowed 4 jugs today, chamomile, thyme, sage, and parsley

15. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  hung 2 loads of laundry to dry, planted shelling peas, snow peas, and more onions.

16. irked.gif  treehugger.gif  overspent on grocery grocery budget, $9 on Starbucks coffee.  Hung 1 load of laundry to dry.

17. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  budgeted spend on felt for DS1's birthday gift (a Cub Scout brag vest).  Hung 1 load of laundry

Goal for March  11/20 No Spend Days

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#123 of 195 Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 AM

Goal = 10 No spend days this month

Progress = 5 no spend days so far

14.. thumb.gif

15.. thumb.gif

16.. $310 Running stuff

17..  thumb.gif

18..  thumb.gif

19..  thumb.gif

#124 of 195 Old 03-18-2013, 05:18 AM

3/1: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/2: budgeted spending thumb.gif $8 coffee & tylenol

3/3: budgeted spending thumb.gif $30 subscription to Taproot magazine

3/4: budgeted spending thumb.gif $13 Whole Foods dinner, $47 groceries, $32 gas

3/5: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/6: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/7: eeeeek! Sheepish.gif String Cheese Horning's ticket $325 (on the CC, no less)

3/8: budgeted spending thumb.gif $24 groceries, $8 champagne, $8 tip for dinner

3/9: budgeted spending thumb.gif $11 groceries

3/10: budgeted spending thumb.gif $43 groceries

3/11: no spend biggrinbounce.gif got my tax refund checks in the mail today!! :)

3/12: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/13: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/14: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/15: budgeted spending thumb.gif $53 groceries, $40 gas, $39 sandals for DD (saltwaters--so stoked! ;)) + Sheepish.gif unplanned spending $100 for deposit for Waldorf charter school my kids got into next year! (woohoo!)

3/16: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/17: budgeted spending thumb.gif $40 groceries, $4 postage, $4 milkshakes for kids

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

#125 of 195 Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

thumb.gif  No spend/Budgeted spend

irked.gif   Unbudgeted Spend

Save 30% of paycheck -- done!

Groceries -- 292.61/300

Gas -- 60/60 for van, 0/45 for car

March 1 -- thumb.gif  groceries, gas, bills, and socks

March 2 -- thumb.gif  

March 3 -- thumb.gif

March 4 -- thumb.gif  heating bill

March 5 -- irked.gif ice cream for kids

March 6 -- thumb.gif  groceries

March 7 -- irked.gif more snacks

March 8 -- thumb.gif  more groceries

March 9 -- thumb.gif

March 10 -- irked.gif  irked.gif  irked.gif  breakfast out

March 11 -- thumb.gif

March 12 -- thumb.gif

March 13 -- thumb.gif

March 14 -- thumb.gif

Save 20% of paycheck -- done!

Groceries -- 0/200

Gas -- 63.70/60 for van, 45 for car

March 15 -- irked.gif dinner to celebrate selling our housejoy.gif

March 16 -- thumb.gif

March 17 -- thumb.gif cat carriers for our move

March 18 -- planned thumb.gif

March 19

March 20

March 21

March 22

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#126 of 195 Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 AM

Who you are?:
Student + DP and cat.

Where you are going (your financial goals):

Trying to save as much money as possible to build a little nest egg and move overseas.

How you plan to get there:

Here is a contracted version of our finances:

DEBT: ~$100,000 in student loans.

(Aren't going to pay it back until we start real full-time work because of the way repayments are set up in Australia. It would be more prudent to pay it off with pre-tax income when we are at the threshold than taxed savings because the discount for paying early is so paltry that we would be better off investing the amount for a return.)

GOAL: Don't get into any more debt. Don't get tempted by the shiny masters programme until we have better jobs in the field for a while.

SAVINGS:

-$5000 so far would like another $5000 by the end of the year.

-$2000 in emergency funds. 

-$1000 in credit card for extra emergencies and online purchases.

GOAL: Invest savings. Save at least another $5000.

BUDGET: (If anyone's interested in cost of living in Australia here you go!):

-Monthly bills (internet = $70 + electricity ~$100 + gas ~$75 + 2 x mobile bill = $22 ) (TOTAL:~$65 a week usually less then this though and should be a little cheaper now that we negociated a better deal on these recently)

-Food and necessities $150... Realistically it actually ends up being closer to $250 because we eat out too much and it includes expenses like clothes and professional magazine subscription.

--18/03: Spent $80 on winter clothes and dinner tonight. >.<

GOALS:
Stick to the $150 p/w without padding the food budget with bread and pasta.
#127 of 195 Old 03-18-2013, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

March 18

thumb.gif DH picked up some bread.  The girls and I hopped in the car to pick up our CHICKS!!!!! joy.gif(No ducklings today......)  Just about nothing more fun than picking up new chicks to take home.  We bought 6, plus feed, plus an extra heat lamp.  After years of getting chicks, we finally don't have to spend a whole awful lot each year-- the only thing I had to pick up as far as stuff you don't expect to replace is some cheap-y thermometers for the brooder.  Chicks and chick poo does a number on them!

faint.gif= Oh, crap.  Unexpected.  Unavoidable.  Huge.

2whistle.gif2whistle.gif2whistle.gif2whistle.gif= Minor damage

jammin.gif jammin.gifjammin.gif jammin.gif= No spend

thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif= Doin' just fine

dizzy.gif = planned but painful

Grocery target= $740

Remaining= $216

I need these things this month:

Materials for chicken tractors: plasticboardspipe, connectorsbrooder thermometers, extra heat lamp bulbs, etc.

Photos from camera card

Herb starts, etc. for garden?

Deposit for Girl Scout day camp 

Easter presents

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#128 of 195 Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 PM

3/7: eeeeek! Sheepish.gif String Cheese Horning's ticket $325 (on the CC, no less)

3/11: no spend biggrinbounce.gif got my tax refund checks in the mail today!! :)

3/15: budgeted spending thumb.gif $53 groceries, $40 gas, $39 sandals for DD (saltwaters--so stoked! ;)) + Sheepish.gif unplanned spending $100 for deposit for Waldorf charter school my kids got into next year! (woohoo!)

3/17: budgeted spending thumb.gif $40 groceries, $4 postage, $4 milkshakes for kids

3/18: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

My class went on a field trip to a candy factory today and I almost gave in and bought some candy at the shop there, but held strong and didn't!  We ended up getting some free broken gigantic candy canes anyway, so it worked out great PLUS I had a treat to bring home for my kids :)  I did some marathon cooking last night so that I don't get tempted to just order takeout after my surgery, so I'm hoping to be set for the rest of the month for food--I made some breakfast stuff, plus a bunch of dinners that will give me leftovers for lunch, so I'm really going to try for quite a lot of no spend days for the rest of the month, as I will be pretty immobile (just need to watch any online spending!)

#129 of 195 Old 03-18-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Forums been not working right so missed a few day, got paid o paid some bills but jave stayed in budget.
3/17 its cold out and we felt like an adventure so we went to a free indoor mall playground. We ate in the food court but brought our own lunch so the only cost was gas which we already had. Now were getting groceries but its budget so cointing as no spend.
3/18 wet and miserable today, took the kid to the playground at thw close mall. Used threrest of fun money $5 to let hwr ride the train. Not from bank account, She loves trains so totally worth it.
#130 of 195 Old 03-19-2013, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Should be another thumb.gif today.  A bit of schoolwork this morning and I am going to clean an area of the attic.  I have a lot of hand-me-downs to pack up and I can get started on the toys as well.  It will be warm this afternoon and we'll get out for a big playdate with the school kids.  

Ahhhh, nice, easy day.  I love these kinds of days...a bit of work, a bit of play and lots of time with my kids.   And no pressure to spend any money.  

Groceries -- 292.61/300

March 2 -- thumb.gif  

March 3 -- thumb.gif

March 9 -- thumb.gif

March 11 -- thumb.gif

March 12 -- thumb.gif

March 13 -- thumb.gif

March 14 -- thumb.gif

Groceries -- 0/200

March 16 -- thumb.gif

March 18 -- thumb.gif

March 19 -- should be another thumb.gif

March 20

March 21

March 22

#131 of 195 Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 AM

Doing well staying on track! :) Extra happy because I've been to the hospital twice this month and I am now on bed rest, so blowing the budget could have been *very* easy with all the extra trips to and from the hospital (an hour away), meals out for convenience, etc.  

thumb.gif

#132 of 195 Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 AM

Key

1.  irked.gif  $28 at McD's for lunch treehugger.gif decluttered maternity clothes and baby clothes, passed along to DH's pregnant cousin

2.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif winter sowed 2 containers of echinacea seeds, ILs visited overnight and treated our family to dinner

3.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  planted 52 onion sets in the garden, ate leftovers for lunch and dinner

4.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  all meals had at home, finished off the leftovers for lunch

5.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif baked bread in prep for snow storm coming, but I didn't get the stew and additional bread done.  Planted rainbow chard seeds in garden.

6.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Snow storm, lost power, cooked stew, rice, and bread on grill.  Kept warm using the woodstove.

7.  irked.gif  No power, hubby went to store for breakfast cereal.  Ran generator for fridges & freezer.  Picked up more oil lamps and an extra gas can at WalMart & spent $75 on wood for woodstove.

8.  irked.gif    treehugger.gif  Still no power, DD4 had a well baby visit, my mom watched the rest of the kids & washed the cloth dipes for me at her house.  Spent $75 @ Target for additional drying racks, oil for generator, ash can for the woodstove, mini- LED flashlights for the kids, and new toilet brushes.  Heated w/ woodstove.

9.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Day 4 no power, hubby went to grocery store for hamburgers & hot dogs, my mom took my donations to the thrift store for me, acquired a set of fireplace gloves & fireplace tongs from my parents they no longer use, but proved quite handy for us.

10. irked.gif  treehugger.gif  Power was restored this morning!!!  Winter sowed sprouted tomato seeds.  Ended up ordering pizza for dinner.

11. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  4 kids had dentist appts, all were cavity free orngbiggrin.gif  Had our American Heritage Girls Joining Ceremony, made gluten-free rice krispie treats, was given all of the leftover potato chips at the end of the night.

12. irked.gif  treehugger.gif  DH forgot his wallet at home & needed gas for his car.  Had to drive an hour (one way) to his office, kids and I had an unbudgeted McD lunch w/ him.  Prepped 2 loaves of bread to bake in the morning.

13. thumb.gif

14. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  winter sowed 4 jugs today, chamomile, thyme, sage, and parsley

15. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  hung 2 loads of laundry to dry, planted shelling peas, snow peas, and more onions.

16. irked.gif  treehugger.gif  overspent on grocery grocery budget, $9 on Starbucks coffee.  Hung 1 load of laundry to dry.

17. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  budgeted spend on felt for DS1's birthday gift (a Cub Scout brag vest).  Hung 1 load of laundry

18. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  budgeted spend on knitting patterns for DD3's birthday gifts.  Hung 1 load of laundry.

Goal for March  12/20 No Spend Days

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

#133 of 195 Old 03-19-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

Goal = 10 No spend days this month

Progress = 5 no spend days so far

14.. thumb.gif

15.. thumb.gif

16.. $310 Running stuff

17..  thumb.gif

18..  thumb.gif

19..  thumb.gif

#134 of 195 Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM

Good luck with your surgery, honeybee.  grouphug.gif

#135 of 195 Old 03-19-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

Good luck with your surgery, honeybee.  grouphug.gif

Thank you!  I'm a little freaked out, but I know it will all be fine.  ACL surgery is pretty common.  Kind of excited to have a bit of time off work, to be honest ;)

3/19: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

Tomorrow will be a spend day and I'm counting it as budgeted, as it's coming out of my tax refund.  Not sure what I'll have to pay out of pocket tomorrow, but hoping it's not a crazy amount--my insurance is pretty good.

#136 of 195 Old 03-19-2013, 07:12 PM

March 19

thumb.gif Grocery day.  Could have done better, but we stayed within range.

jammin.gif jammin.gifjammin.gif jammin.gif= No spend

thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif= Doin' just fine

Grocery target= $740

Remaining= $216

Materials for chicken tractors: plasticboardspipe, connectorsbrooder thermometers, extra heat lamp bulbs, etc.

Photos from camera card

Easter presents

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#137 of 195 Old 03-19-2013, 08:11 PM

I'm doing okay... we had company the past few days and spent more on groceries and gas than we usually do. I'm going to have to get creative if I want to stay within my budget for the rest of the month.

First day tracking our spending and I already blew it! Not the best way to start out. bag.gif I'm going to write out my meal plan for the week tonight and go to the grocery store first thing in the morning.

Grocery: $147.10/$250

Gas: $52/$60

Unplanned Spending: $32.35

March 15: irked.gif $32.35 on dinner

March 16: thumb.gif $147.10 groceries

March 17: thumb.gif

March 18: thumb.gif $52 gas - yikes!

March 19: thumb.gif

March 20:

March 21:

March 22:

March 23:

March 24:

March 25:

March 26:

March 27:

March 28:

March 29:

March 30:

March 31:

Loving wife and mother to three little chickadees and one sweet surprise on the way! chicken3.gif

#138 of 195 Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 AM

thumb.gif  No spending    winky.gif  Budgeted spending    greensad.gif Not budgeted/went over budget    joy.gifDid something to save $ or make extra $     hang.gif  Hung clothes out

rainbow1284.gif2cents.gif  shamrocksmile.gif  MARCH  shamrocksmile.gif  rainbow1284.gif2cents.gif

01  thumb.gif

02  winky.gif  Grocery shopped $95

03  thumb.gif

04  thumb.gif

05  thumb.gif

06  winky.gif  Got a few groceries at BJ's Club $43 

07  winky.gif  Spent $11 at CVS on bars of soap, not natural but our fave non-natural brand.  24 bars of soap should last about 2 years, I'd say? joy.gif I used 7 ECB and got 5 ECB for next time

08  thumb.gif  We are snowed in today, which means it's a no spend day, but also no work today for me, which means a smaller paycheck :(

09   winky.gifGas & Groceries  joy.gifI cut DH's hair

10  thumb.gif

11   winky.gif  Got my Dad a gift card for his B-day

12  thumb.gif

13  winky.gif Groceries

14  thumb.gif

15  winky.gif Doctor co-pay

16  winky.gif  Me & the 2 girls got haircuts

17  shamrocksmile.gif  DH brought home Corned Beef Grinders, it's our tradition!!!

18  winky.gif Filled my car with gas

19  thumb.gif

Grocery Total: $316

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#139 of 195 Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Groceries -- 292.61/300

March 2 -- thumb.gif  

March 3 -- thumb.gif

March 9 -- thumb.gif

March 11 -- thumb.gif

March 12 -- thumb.gif

March 13 -- thumb.gif

March 14 -- thumb.gif

Groceries -- 0/200

March 16 -- thumb.gif

March 18 -- thumb.gif

March 19 -- thumb.gif

March 20 -- thumb.gif dentist co-pay

March 21

March 22

#140 of 195 Old 03-20-2013, 12:02 PM

March 20

jammin.gif  Posting a little early to challenge myself to not pick anything up today.  I need nothing on our trip today (into town for Girl Scouts).

jammin.gif jammin.gifjammin.gif jammin.gifjammin.gif= No spend

thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif= Doin' just fine

Grocery target= $740

Remaining= $216

Photos from camera card

Easter presents

#141 of 195 Old 03-20-2013, 07:35 PM

3/19: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

3/20: no spend biggrinbounce.gif

I think someone screwed up at the surgical center because I didn't have to pay anything today.  Should be a nice little run of no spend days here, I'm thinking.  Surgery went well and I'm feeling pretty good, but my leg is still numb, so we'll see what happens tomorrow ;)

#142 of 195 Old 03-20-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:

3/18 wet and miserable today, took the kid to the playground at thw close mall. Used threrest of fun money $5 to let hwr ride the train. Not from bank account, She loves trains so totally worth it.
3/19 speech $25 no other spend
3/20 speeech $25 no other spend. Also going down to one time a week whixh will be very helpful
#143 of 195 Old 03-20-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:

3/19 speech $25 no other spend
3/20 speeech $25 no other spend. Also going down to one time a week whixh will be very helpful
3/21 no spend
3/22 budgeted spend , 50$ on chicken suppliez. Unbudgetd but necesary baby tylenol and cat food
#144 of 195 Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 AM

thumb.gif  No spending    winky.gif  Budgeted spending    greensad.gif Not budgeted/went over budget    joy.gifDid something to save $ or make extra $     hang.gif  Hung clothes out

rainbow1284.gif2cents.gif  shamrocksmile.gif  MARCH  shamrocksmile.gif  rainbow1284.gif2cents.gif

01  thumb.gif

02  winky.gif  Grocery shopped $95

03  thumb.gif

04  thumb.gif

05  thumb.gif

06  winky.gif  Got a few groceries at BJ's Club $43 

07  winky.gif  Spent $11 at CVS on bars of soap, not natural but our fave non-natural brand.  24 bars of soap should last about 2 years, I'd say? joy.gif I used 7 ECB and got 5 ECB for next time

08  thumb.gif  We are snowed in today, which means it's a no spend day, but also no work today for me, which means a smaller paycheck :(

09   winky.gifGas & Groceries  joy.gifI cut DH's hair

10  thumb.gif

11   winky.gif  Got my Dad a gift card for his B-day

12  thumb.gif

13  winky.gif Groceries

14  thumb.gif

15  winky.gif Doctor co-pay

16  winky.gif  Me & the 2 girls got haircuts

17  shamrocksmile.gif  DH brought home Corned Beef Grinders, it's our tradition!!!

18  winky.gif Filled my car with gas

19  thumb.gif

20  winky.gif  Groceries

Grocery Total: $384

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#145 of 195 Old 03-21-2013, 07:08 AM

March 20 - spent 6.88 from grocery budget thumb.gif

March 21 - may be whistling.gif, going out later..........

March 22

March 23

March 24

March 25

March 26

March 27

March 28

March 29

March 30

March 31 joy.gifvacation

#146 of 195 Old 03-21-2013, 08:06 AM

March 21

gloomy.gif DH just lost his biggest client-- the one who let me go last summer.  This means we are going to have to scramble to make up the income, or else the girls are going to have to drop gymnastics.  I am so thoroughly bummed.

Anyway, tonight I run some errands-- and maybe pick up some job applications!

jammin.gif jammin.gifjammin.gif jammin.gifjammin.gif= No spend

Grocery target= $740

Remaining= $98

Photos from camera card

Easter presents

#147 of 195 Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 AM

Ugh, SweetSilver, that really stinks.  I'm so sorry.

#148 of 195 Old 03-21-2013, 09:26 AM

Key

13. thumb.gif

18. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  budgeted spend on knitting patterns for DD3's birthday gifts.  Hung 1 load of laundry.

19. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  DH bought my birthday present and surprisingly, stayed in budget.  Hung 1 load of laundry.

20. partytime.gif  My birthday orngbiggrin.gif  My kids gave me loads of homemade birthday cards all day long, DH bought me a pair of much needed sneakers, and we ordered delivery pizza for dinner followed by ice cream for the kiddos.  Also bought strawberry plants, and birthday presents for DS1 and my little brother, all budgeted.

21. thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Not going anywhere today.  Budgeted spend on race registration for my first 5K in June, will be running it w/ DH love.gif.  Hung 1 load of laundry and baked 2 loaves of bread.

Goal for March  15/20 No Spend Days

#149 of 195 Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee80 View Post

I think someone screwed up at the surgical center because I didn't have to pay anything today.  Should be a nice little run of no spend days here, I'm thinking.  Surgery went well and I'm feeling pretty good, but my leg is still numb, so we'll see what happens tomorrow ;)

Rest and heal.  Hope you are feeling good today.  

#150 of 195 Old 03-21-2013, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Groceries -- 292.61/300

March 2 -- thumb.gif  

March 3 -- thumb.gif

March 9 -- thumb.gif

March 11 -- thumb.gif

March 12 -- thumb.gif

March 13 -- thumb.gif

March 14 -- thumb.gif

Groceries -- 28.32/150

Gas -- 63.70/60 for van, 37.38/45 for car

March 16 -- thumb.gif

March 18 -- thumb.gif

March 19 -- thumb.gif

March 20 -- thumb.gif dentist co-pay

March 21 -- thumb.gif few groceries

March 22

March 23

March 24

March 25

March 26

March 27

March 28

March 29 -- pay day

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page