April No-Spend Challenge ~~ April Showers bring May Flowers, May Flowers bring ~ SAVINGS ~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 138 Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

April 9:

thumb.gif Stopped by the feed store to get bedding and a waterer for the chickens.  The girls decided to stay home and ride bikes before we left for gym instead of stopping by stores and library.

April we get mortgage-payment free due to the grace period of our new loan.  That's $550 in the bank.  Good deal--we are seriously short on work.  I'm placing ads beginning this Friday.

4-week grocery target: $740

Spent: $348

Each dude-icon represents one day of the month:

jammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gif= No spend

thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif= Conscientious spending

irked.gif irked.gif= Lost my mojo

Stuff I need this month:

Girl Scout stuff

New baseball bats for playing (dh drove off with our last one on his tailgate!)

Vet check-up for younger cat

Camping reservations 

Waterers for the chickens 

Prints from the camera

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#62 of 138 Old 04-10-2013, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We recently refinanced.  I love that extra month with no house payment.  It's nice to not have to pay that large of a bill, even if it is only for one month.

Mother, wife, employee, housekeeper, cook, accountant, frugal shopper ... the usual mom stuff. Goals: Raise 2 amazing children, find low cost, healthy meals that my husband & children will eat, save money, spend less while enjoying life & traveling as much as I can. The Ripples Affect

#63 of 138 Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I will be reading through and following along in April. I am due at the end of April with my babe and so I cannot swear under oath to not buying anything unnecessary until then but I will be joining in May!

Please write an introductory message when you decide to join our thread. We would like to know:

a. Who you are: SAHM rural mom to 1 going on 2 daughters. Me 26, DH 29.5, DD1 2, DD2 due end of April. Income is 2800/month.

b. Where you are going (your financial goals): We are hoping to pay off our $100,000 mortgage in the next 5 years. We are currently not planning on having anymore children until then anyway and believe now is the time to do it. We just paid off the last of our debt including my lovely, working, decent gas mileage car and after baby is born this month I have no reason not to stick to a decent budget. This pregnancy has been waaaay bad for needless spending!

c. How you plan to get there: Luckily my IL's are 1 mile down the road and are dairy and beef farmers. We also raise chickens for meat and eggs and do some gardening so really food cost should be really low for us. (IL's give us the milk and beef for free as well as some oats and corn for our chickens, chickens are also on grass) I have had a problem this pregnancy with eating out and spoiling DD1 and having shopping as my form of nesting. Looking forward to getting back to the thrift stores, garage sales, and library. Also, (very luckily) DH has gotten the go ahead to buy more territory for his business and so we will probably end up with some sort of small income increase possibly by fall! So basically if I can't do it I am totally messing something up and should be flogged repeatedly!

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#64 of 138 Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 PM

4/1: thumb.gif

4/2: thumb.gif

4/3: thumb.gif

4/4: $4.25 for coffees on drive to take bigs to grands.

4/5: thumb.gif

4/6: thumb.gif At Quilt Retreat all day and took food from home. No spending! YAY! 

4/7: thumb.gif

4/8: thumb.gif

4/9: 5.86 on ice cream. "Food" but not really what I'd normally, but it's yummy! 

4/10:

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#65 of 138 Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 AM

Key

thumb.gif  No Spend/ Budgeted Spending

irked.gif  Unplanned/ Un-budgeted Spending

treehugger.gif  Did something frugal

knit.gif  Worked on knitting

greenthumb.gif  Gardening work done

1.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  greenthumb.gif Planted spinach and spring lettuce seeds.  Started more tomato seeds.  Hung 1 load of laundry.  Opened the windows and aired out the house.

2.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Hung 1 load of laundry.  Folded more newspaper seed starting pots.

3.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  greenthumb.gif  Hung 1 load laundry.  Transplanted broccoli to garden beds, reconstructed pea trellis.  Put eggplant and peppers under lights.

4.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Ordered bulk almond flour.  Hung 1 load laundry.

5.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Ordered kids' sandals, homeschool curriculum, and we got McDonalds for dinner, all within budget.  Hung 1 load of laundry.  The strawberry plants came yesterday so we're building the bed this weekend.  Hoping to start knitting DD3's gifts tonight and get some more seeds under the lights tomorrow.

6.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Costco shopping, picked up some odds and ends for camping and a bulk pack of gardening gloves.  Hung 2 loads of laundry to dry.  Also spent $35 at Lowes on the wood for the strawberry bed and a lavender plant.

7.  irked.gif  greenthumb.gif  Picked up bread and cold cuts for lunch, went out for ice cream- not planned or budgeted.  Built and filled the strawberry bed, all the kids helped, so they earned the ice creamlove.gif

8.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Hung 1 load of laundry

9.  irked.gif  treehugger.gif  greenthumb.gif  Ordered a new grill from Home Depot (our old one is small and starting to fall apart, HD was having a sale and we got free shipping.  DH and I will put it together).  Hung 1 load of laundry, didn't turn on the A/C even though it's pretty hot, using the old grill for dinner.  Planted 16 strawberry plants in the new bed and the lavender plant.  Have pepper seeds, tromboncino seeds, and ghourd seeds germinating in the front window in coffee filters.

10.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Hung 1 load of laundry.  Had to turn on the A/C greensad.gif  The baby didn't handle the heat well on Tuesday and it was going to be in the 90s.

Frugal Goals for April:

8/20 No Spend Days

3 knitting projects completed (DD3's birthday gifts)  knit.gif

Build a new garden bed for the strawberry plants due to be delivered  flower.gif

Plants greens/ lettuces in the garden  greenthumb.gif

Start seeds under the grow lights  coolshine.gif

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#66 of 138 Old 04-11-2013, 11:35 AM

4/1:  budgeted spending thumb.gif $100 physical therapy, $72 groceries

4/2:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

4/3:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

4/4:  budgeted spending thumb.gif $3 post office, $3 ice cream

4/5:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

4/6:  budgeted spending thumb.gif $12 REI, $65 groceries, $31 gas

4/7:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

4/8:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

4/9:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

4/10: budgeted spending thumb.gif $5 chai, $17 music

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

#67 of 138 Old 04-11-2013, 06:28 PM

April 10:

jammin.gif Somehow, we got through this day without spending anything.  

April 11:

thumb.gif  So far, so good.  Still training dh to not buy so many multiples of things.  Today would have been better otherwise.  

4-week grocery target: $740

Spent: $383

Each dude-icon represents one day of the month:

jammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gif= No spend

thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif= Conscientious spending

irked.gif irked.gif= Lost my mojo

Stuff I need this month:

Girl Scout stuff

Camping reservations 

Prints from the camera

#68 of 138 Old 04-11-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee80 View Post

Phew!  Returned that stuff first thing this morning.  Now I feel better!  :)

clap.gif Way to be strong, honeybee!

#69 of 138 Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

My goal = 20 no-spend days

My progress so far = 3 no-spends thumb.gif

01  thumb.gif

02  thumb.gif

03  thumb.gif

06  $10  bike gear stuff

11  $10 Subway

#70 of 138 Old 04-11-2013, 11:05 PM

Taking notes. Have to think through our goals.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#71 of 138 Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 AM

April 4th- NO SPEND

April 5th- bought groceries, which was needed and planned for but spent $107 (weekly budget is $100) I would feel great about only being 7 bucks over, but i didn't need to purchase any meat or cheese bc they were left and frozen from the week before, so i was still technically over budget. Need to STICK to my list next week!

*Also went to jazzercise with my son and paid $16 for the class and childcare. I love the class, but it is a big expense...may start doing this once a month and not every Friday.

April 6th- NO SPEND! Great frugal day at the playground with friends and ate a picnic lunch packed from home. Felt good to be outside!

April 7th - NO SPEND!

April 8th- NO SPEND!

April 9th- $11 Natural food store, $5 prescription refill, $3 photocopies

April 10th- NO SPEND

April 11th- NO SPEND

Me, slinggirl.gif mama to 1.5 yr old kid.gifDS, step mama to two tweens, married to a sarcastic sports nut censored.gif. We are unschooling! mdcblog5.gif http://twocoolfourschool.wordpress.com/

#72 of 138 Old 04-12-2013, 05:04 PM

We used some groupons that were about to expire today to take the kids to Pump it Up.  Had some great family fun and it was practically free. (I paid for the groupons almost a year ago.)  Then we took the girls out to dinner.  We don't go out very often so it was a treat for both them and us.  Spent $35 on dinner. 

So far I've been able to save an extra $71 this month to put towards my goal of saving an extra $300 this month.  I need to be more focused.

Mother, wife, employee, housekeeper, cook, accountant, frugal shopper ... the usual mom stuff. Goals: Raise 2 amazing children, find low cost, healthy meals that my husband & children will eat, save money, spend less while enjoying life & traveling as much as I can. The Ripples Affect

#73 of 138 Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 PM

April 4th- NO SPEND

April 5th- bought groceries, which was needed and planned for but spent $107 (weekly budget is $100) I would feel great about only being 7 bucks over, but i didn't need to purchase any meat or cheese bc they were left and frozen from the week before, so i was still technically over budget. Need to STICK to my list next week!

*Also went to jazzercise with my son and paid $16 for the class and childcare. I love the class, but it is a big expense...may start doing this once a month and not every Friday.

April 6th- NO SPEND! Great frugal day at the playground with friends and ate a picnic lunch packed from home. Felt good to be outside!

April 7th - NO SPEND!

April 8th- NO SPEND!

April 10th- NO SPEND

April 11th- NO SPEND

April 12th- NO SPEND (but only bc we were snowed in, yuck!) Paid all of our bills, but that comes from another account. Tomorrow is grocery shopping and errands so wish me luck!

Me, slinggirl.gif mama to 1.5 yr old kid.gifDS, step mama to two tweens, married to a sarcastic sports nut censored.gif. We are unschooling! mdcblog5.gif http://twocoolfourschool.wordpress.com/

#74 of 138 Old 04-13-2013, 09:06 AM

April 12

thumb.gif Though it really should be this: dizzy.gif.  My super-concientious grocery day still put me beyond the target.  I could go ultra-frugal, but I felt like this was a good balance, conscientious and well planned, and I still couldn't pull it off.  So I'm done publicly plastering my grocery struggles here, and will keep them private, where I can evaluate them critically and figure out what is a good average.  I just hate to think that a $900 grocery bill should be normal!

So, my dude-icons get changed, with my Disgruntled-Dude reserved for truly mindless purchases.  I still have to pull this together, because groceries are our single largest bill, and our most malleable expense.  However, this thread has helped me immensely keeping my spending mindful, and I do not shop the same way I did before.  Not sure how relevant this will be for me i the future.  Sigh!  I need a raise...... but how do I get a raise when I see people advertising $7 per hour for the same services?  Who can afford to run a business for $7 per hour??

Purchased our Girl Scout stuff that wasn't covered by Financial Aid.  That came through for their day-camp, so that paid (Yippeee!!)  I also signed up for an outdoor skills training workshop that lets our daughters come an experience day camp while we have our training, then we get to camp and eat meals together.  Fabulous!  Expensive!  Covered by my financial aid, thank goodness!

April 13   jammin.gif

jammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gif= # of No-spend days so far this month

Stuff I need this month:

Girl Scout stuff

Camping reservations 

Prints from the camera

#75 of 138 Old 04-13-2013, 12:28 PM

April 4th- NO SPEND

April 7th - NO SPEND!

April 8th- NO SPEND!

April 10th- NO SPEND

April 11th- NO SPEND

April 12th- NO SPEND

April 13th- Lots of spending but all within budget, yes! Got gas and groceries all exactly on budget, wrote out and stuck to my grocery list and that made a big difference, even used a claculator while in the store. $ 9 stamps, $6 birthday present, $5 new pjs for son (really needed), $11 Dollar Tree, all budgeted needs or gift things, did not buy unplanned things :) Feeling good!

#76 of 138 Old 04-13-2013, 06:28 PM

4/11: budgeted spending thumb.gif $3 chai

4/12: budgeted spending thumb.gif $10 happy hour margaritas ;)

I'm staying with my boyfriend who lives a little over an hour away from me in a town I used to live in, so these last few days have been spent catching up with old friends/family also, which is why there's been so much spending (although within my budget).  I've already spent $17 on lunch, $35 on fabric, and $6 at the health food store today, but I'm still going out tonight and might spent more, so I'll come back later and update.  I'm okay with all this spending because I've been cooped up for so long with my knee injury, it's nice to get out and be social, even if it means spending a bit of money! :)

#77 of 138 Old 04-15-2013, 04:18 PM

4/13: budgeted spending thumb.gif $17 lunch, $35 fabric, $6 health food store, $6 kombucha

4/14: budgeted spending thumb.gif $3 tea, $17 Whole Foods, $10 wine

4/15: budgeted spending thumb.gif $56 groceries, $36 gas

Must figure out how to not spend money when I go see my boyfriend!  Also gonna have to take advantage of my pantry after this week for the rest of the month, since I now only have $13 left in my food budget.  The rest of the month is gonna be super tight.

#78 of 138 Old 04-15-2013, 05:48 PM

April 14 & 15   jammin.gif

jammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gif= # of No-spend days so far this month/ out of 15

Stuff I need this month:

Girl Scout stuff

Camping reservations 

Prints from the camera

#79 of 138 Old 04-16-2013, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Tracking my spending seems a little silly after the tragedy in Boston.

But I'm getting back on the bandwagon today, because in my little world what happens with our money is important.

When I haven't posted in several days, you can know that I am out spending money like it is my job.

So I'll just skip all those days (there probably wasn't a no spend day in there anyway) and FIDO.  Forget about It and Drive On.

I'm starting fresh today.  April 16th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

My goal = 20 no-spend days

My progress so far = 3 no-spends thumb.gif

01  thumb.gif

02  thumb.gif

03  thumb.gif

15  $220 clothes

#80 of 138 Old 04-16-2013, 05:22 AM

April 4th- NO SPEND

April 7th - NO SPEND!

April 8th- NO SPEND!

April 10th- NO SPEND

April 11th- NO SPEND

April 12th- NO SPEND

April 13th- Lots of spending but all within budget, yes! Got gas and groceries all exactly on budget, wrote out and stuck to my grocery list and that made a big difference, even used a claculator while in the store. $ 9 stamps, $6 birthday present, $5 new pjs for son (really needed), $11 Dollar Tree, all budgeted needs or gift things, did not buy unplanned things :) Feeling good!

April 14th- $23 gas to drive to visit friends (long trip)

April 15th- $ 19 take out (not budgeted) irked.gif

April 16th- $ took mother-in-law to lunch $16, $6.50 Riteaid for son (not budgeted)

#81 of 138 Old 04-16-2013, 03:29 PM

I haven't knit any of DD3's birthday gifts OR sewed DS1's gift angry.gif  I need to get started and finished on them all.  We had some major spending over the weekend, leaving DH and I completely discouraged.  We seem to continually take 1 step forward and 2 steps back.  Neither of us feel we're making any headway *sigh*

Key

thumb.gif  No Spend/ Budgeted Spending

irked.gif  Unplanned/ Un-budgeted Spending

treehugger.gif  Did something frugal

knit.gif  Worked on knitting

greenthumb.gif  Gardening work done

1.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  greenthumb.gif Planted spinach and spring lettuce seeds.  Started more tomato seeds.  Hung 1 load of laundry.  Opened the windows and aired out the house.

2.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Hung 1 load of laundry.  Folded more newspaper seed starting pots.

3.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  greenthumb.gif  Hung 1 load laundry.  Transplanted broccoli to garden beds, reconstructed pea trellis.  Put eggplant and peppers under lights.

4.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Ordered bulk almond flour.  Hung 1 load laundry.

5.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Ordered kids' sandals, homeschool curriculum, and we got McDonalds for dinner, all within budget.  Hung 1 load of laundry.  The strawberry plants came yesterday so we're building the bed this weekend.  Hoping to start knitting DD3's gifts tonight and get some more seeds under the lights tomorrow.

6.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Costco shopping, picked up some odds and ends for camping and a bulk pack of gardening gloves.  Hung 2 loads of laundry to dry.  Also spent $35 at Lowes on the wood for the strawberry bed and a lavender plant.

7.  irked.gif  greenthumb.gif  Picked up bread and cold cuts for lunch, went out for ice cream- not planned or budgeted.  Built and filled the strawberry bed, all the kids helped, so they earned the ice creamlove.gif

8.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Hung 1 load of laundry

9.  irked.gif  treehugger.gif  greenthumb.gif  Ordered a new grill from Home Depot (our old one is small and starting to fall apart, HD was having a sale and we got free shipping.  DH and I will put it together).  Hung 1 load of laundry, didn't turn on the A/C even though it's pretty hot, using the old grill for dinner.  Planted 16 strawberry plants in the new bed and the lavender plant.  Have pepper seeds, tromboncino seeds, and ghourd seeds germinating in the front window in coffee filters.

10.  thumb.gif  treehugger.gif  Hung 1 load of laundry.  Had to turn on the A/C greensad.gif  The baby didn't handle the heat well on Tuesday and it was going to be in the 90s.

11.  irked.gif  treehugger.gif  Hung 1 load of laundry.

12.  irked.gif  treehugger.gif  Hung 1 load of laundry.

13.  irked.gif  Ugh, major unbudgeted spending today.  Bought 3 new ceiling fans (all 3 bedrooms, 2 don't have fans currently) and wall remotes for them.  Also bought cereal (also unbudgeted).

14.  thumb.gif  went for ice cream

15.  irked.gif  Had to have a plumber out for a leak under the kitchen sink.

16.  irked.gif  treehugger.gif  Ordered Sluggo for the garden.  Hung 1 load of laundry

Frugal Goals for April:

10/20 No Spend Days

3 knitting projects completed (DD3's birthday gifts)  knit.gif

Build a new garden bed for the strawberry plants due to be delivered  flower.gif

Plants greens/ lettuces in the garden  greenthumb.gif

Start seeds under the grow lights  coolshine.gif

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#82 of 138 Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 PM

I've still only saved $71 out of my goal to save an extra $300 this month, but after looking at the budget for next pay which isn't till the end of the month, I should have an extra $150 to put towards extra savings.  So now I just need to find ways to not spend money so that we can save that last $79 so that I meet my goal. 

I've been having lots of no spend days.  My oldest daughter was sick the last couple of days so we've been home alot.  I've gotten a lot of spring cleaning done and I've figured out natural ways to do it instead of running to the store to buy chemical cleaning supplies.  Plus I went through all of my girls spring and summer clothes today and I had a lot more than I thought so I don't really need to do anymore clothes shopping for them. 

I've had a couple extra expenses come up this month that I wasn't sure how I would work into the budget but we've got 2 out of 3 taken care of, the 3rd will just have to wait until May.

Extra Unexpected Expenses:

1.School Pictures - too cute, had to buy: $77, paid

2.Summer Gymnastics for both girls:  $112, paid

3.Local Pool Membership for oldest daughter: Will save up in May as she won't be using it until June

#83 of 138 Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 PM

4/13: budgeted spending thumb.gif $17 lunch, $35 fabric, $6 health food store, $6 kombucha

4/16:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

#84 of 138 Old 04-16-2013, 08:13 PM

I'm making the commitment to officially join in.  I'll be back tomorrow with an introduction and goals.  Looking forward to tracking my spending and figuring out where the heck my money goes.  Ok, not looking forward to it, but it needs to be done.  

Candy, Mom to Matthew (5/02) and Ethan (10/07)

Trying for #3 starting 5/13

#85 of 138 Old 04-16-2013, 08:52 PM

April 16 shrug.gif Still need to add all up, but I bought coffee today & early dinner for myself--knocked myself out at Taco Del Mar and spent nearly $10 there, with the girls having their rice & beans--my treat this time as I needed to fuel up for a late Girl Scout leaders meeting.  Otherwise, groceries, some herbs and veggie starts.  The girls spent their allowance on toys.  Gymnastics tuition.  Thank heavens--the last until September!  It's costing me $170 per month at their levels.  Ouch.

As I drove about 10,000 miles today, just about, I mused on the fact that our vehicles now cost us more per month than our housing.  Yikes!

jammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gifjammin.gif= # of No-spend days so far this month/ out of 16

Stuff I need this month:

Girl Scout stuff

Camping reservations 

Prints from the camera

#86 of 138 Old 04-17-2013, 08:01 AM

Please write an introductory message when you decide to join our thread. We would like to know:

a. Who you are

My name is Candy and I'm a SAHM of 2 boys.  I'm not super crunchy, more crinkly I guess.  

b. Where you are going (your financial goals)

My financial goals are simple.  I want to stop spending money on stupid crap.  We recently decided to have another child and need to save every penny we can.

and c. How you plan to get there

This part is not so easy.  We're on a pretty strict budget already, so there isn't really anything we can cut.  We've already gotten rid of cable, now just use netflix and hulu plus.  I need to stop using my credit card on stupid purchases.  Basically I just need to be more mindful of what I'm purchasing.  Hopefully reporting here will make me more accountable.

#87 of 138 Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM

4/16:  no spend biggrinbounce.gif

4/17: budgeted spending thumb.gif $5 cookies, $100 physical therapy; Sheepish.gif  unbudgeted spending: $135 dentist (DS had 2 fillings and a tooth pulled)

#88 of 138 Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 PM

4/1: thumb.gif

4/2: thumb.gif

4/3: thumb.gif

4/4: $4.25 for coffees on drive to take bigs to grands.

4/5: thumb.gif

4/6: thumb.gif At Quilt Retreat all day and took food from home. No spending! YAY! 

4/7: thumb.gif

4/8: thumb.gif

4/9: 5.86 on ice cream. "Food" but not really what I'd normally, but it's yummy! 

4/10: thumb.gif

4/11: thumb.gif

4/12: thumb.gif

4/13: Lots of budgeted spending for monthly grocery shop. I also had supplies to purchase for a class I'm doing. I budgeted $20, spent $26.07. Ate out twice, but within budget.

4/14: thumb.gif

4:15: Budgeted food spending for Bountiful Basket contribution--making pasta sauce this weekend! 3 25 lb cases of roma tomatoes and herb pack ($55.00 .58/lb for tomatoes!)

4/16: thumb.gif

4/17: thumb.gif

4:18: Planning on spending $4.25 for coffee on way to mom's club, but packing lunch. 

It's been pretty easy to not spend....I've not really left the house much with all the snow! LOL 

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#89 of 138 Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 AM

4/17 thumb.gif $20 at grocery store.  Not planned, but came out of grocery budget, so I'll give it a thumbs up.

#90 of 138 Old 04-18-2013, 02:24 PM

April 4th- NO SPEND

April 7th - NO SPEND!

April 8th- NO SPEND!

April 10th- NO SPEND

April 11th- NO SPEND

April 12th- NO SPEND

April 14th- $23 gas to drive to visit friends (long trip)

April 15th- $ 19 take out (not budgeted) irked.gif

April 16th- $ took mother-in-law to lunch $16, $6.50 Riteaid for son (not budgeted)

April 17th- $25 gas to visit family

April 18th- $115 bike attachment for chariot....still need to get my bike repaired too, and possibly a new helmet, ouch dizzy.gif

April 19th- Hopefully only $16 for jazzercise and childcare. I can already tell I am not going to meet my savings goal of $500.

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page