July 6 -- thumb.gif

July 7 -- $55 movies

July 8 -- $11 wood for camp out, plus more $ for snacks and camping food

July 9 -- $35 lunch

Back to real life...

July 10 -- $18 for totally useless, but fun art supplies

July 11 -- thumb.gif

July 12 -- thumb.gif

July 13 -- Oi!   Awful day...household goods, books and a lunch out.

July 14 -- thumb.gif

July 15 -- thumb.gif

July 16 -- thumb.gif

July 17 -- thumb.gif

July 18 -- $3.50 snacks at pool, $18.50 ice cream

July 19 -- thumb.gif

July 20 -- thumb.gif

July 21 -- thumb.gif

July 22 -- thumb.gif

July 23 -- lunch box stuff and some back to school supplies

July 24 -- $4 to vacuum out the van at the gas station

July 25 -- thumb.gif

July 26

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#122 of 144 Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Key:  biggrinbounce.gif = no spend, thumb.gif = budgeted spending, Sheepish.gif = unbudgeted spending

July 25th - no spend biggrinbounce.gif

no spend days = 12 biggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

budgeted spending days = 7 thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

unbudgeted spending days = 6 Sheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gif

Made $60 selling a shelving unit today.  Gonna use that money to buy a few rubbermaid bins for under my DD's bed, plus lighting for my room and my DS's.  Not gonna count those as spending when I buy them ;)

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

#123 of 144 Old 07-25-2013, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

20. $ 0 spend. DH stayed home and we converted bedroom we were renting into Study for us. Cleaned out storage room. Less crowded, more privacy. Good Day :)

21. $30 gasoline, $6.15 coffee and snacks. Reasonable treat spending. Cooked a big frugal pasta dish. Keeping up with the dishes. Great Day :) 

22. $4.25 Pasta and Yogurt. Cheap Monday: achieved laundry. Made all meals and snacks at home. Time to plan some meals from the pantry supplies and choose good fresh produce tomorrow to liven it up.

23. Oh, the 23rd of July, where I go off my frugal rocker and into the spending pit. 

- $0.75 cents - two organic bananas

- $100.00 to DH, for gasoline and supplies toward starting this new, (fingers crossed), paying job. 

- $31.47 - Thrift Shop. Leather shoes for DH; may be a bit too small. A yellow t-shirt and a beautiful blue cardigan. News from the change room:My waist seems to be getting smaller and my bum seems to be getting bigger. May be because of ...$3.95 Fast Food. Baby napped in the stroller and I read a book(!) while dining on the cheap eats.

- $6.25 Groceries - Taco Chips, Yogurt, Bagels at the discount grocery store. Scored 4 big tubs of greek yogurt for 2 dollars, awesome!

I see a bit of a cheap carbohydrate pattern in my groceries developing here. Best get some meat back in the diet tomorrow. 

24. - $8.19 Cherries and Organic Bananas. Could have saved a dollar a pound on the bananas had I gone to the market one block over. So nice seeing baby boy savouring ripe fruit :)

- $4.40 Fast Food. Woke up from a nap and headed out without eating. I am craving protein. A lot of this spending is surely about the social aspect, hanging out at the local spots.

- $4.00 - Chocolate Biscuits. Ate the whole package myself yummy.gif

Looks like this new job is another dead end. The stress of not being able to find paying work is getting to my husband and I. I am anxious, and my eating/ spending reflects this.

Thrift store finds will have to be exchanged, but a good chance for DH and I to find some better shoes for him. 

25. Thursday.  Paid all the bills for this month and am budgeting out the next 25 days with the remaining money in our chequing account. Glad I went ahead and bought a good pile of laundry coins. Dh will need money for gas and wood tomorrow. He spent almost as much as he earned on this last job uhoh3.gif. Moving on...

Used up the remaining balance of grocery store gift cards: $85.00 (0 spend) for Meat, Eggs, Cheese.

Spent: $5.50 to cover balance of grocery bill and $4.00 for chips and pop for our lovely, beachside bbq. Free swim at the outdoor pool.

On a happy note, Baby is thriving and I am so grateful for the loads of time and space I have with my baby and husband, and that the basics are covered kid.gif

familybed1.gifbftoddler.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif  kid.gif 
#124 of 144 Old 07-26-2013, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

0$ spent today which is amazing since we were out of the house and active all day long.  

July 1 -- thumb.gif

July 2 -- $27 camping fees

July 3 -- thumb.gif

Vacation...

July 4 -- $40 family day, plus baseball game $36

July 5 -- $65 dinner out

July 6 -- thumb.gif

July 7 -- $55 movies

July 9 -- $35 lunch

Back to real life...

July 11 -- thumb.gif

July 12 -- thumb.gif

July 14 -- thumb.gif

July 15 -- thumb.gif

July 16 -- thumb.gif

July 17 -- thumb.gif

July 19 -- thumb.gif

July 20 -- thumb.gif

July 21 -- thumb.gif

July 22 -- thumb.gif

July 25 -- thumb.gif

July 26 -- thumb.gif

#125 of 144 Old 07-26-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruna View Post

20. $ 0 spend. DH stayed home and we converted bedroom we were renting into Study for us. Cleaned out storage room. Less crowded, more privacy. Good Day :)

21. $30 gasoline, $6.15 coffee and snacks. Reasonable treat spending. Cooked a big frugal pasta dish. Keeping up with the dishes. Great Day :) 

22. $4.25 Pasta and Yogurt. Cheap Monday: achieved laundry. Made all meals and snacks at home. Time to plan some meals from the pantry supplies and choose good fresh produce tomorrow to liven it up.

23. Oh, the 23rd of July, where I go off my frugal rocker and into the spending pit. 

- $100.00 to DH, for gasoline and supplies toward starting this new, (fingers crossed), paying job. 

- $31.47 - Thrift Shop. Leather shoes for DH; may be a bit too small. A yellow t-shirt and a beautiful blue cardigan. News from the change room:My waist seems to be getting smaller and my bum seems to be getting bigger. May be because of ...$3.95 Fast Food. Baby napped in the stroller and I read a book(!) while dining on the cheap eats.

- $6.25 Groceries - Taco Chips, Yogurt, Bagels at the discount grocery store. Scored 4 big tubs of greek yogurt for 2 dollars, awesome!

I see a bit of a cheap carbohydrate pattern in my groceries developing here. Best get some meat back in the diet tomorrow. 

24. - $8.19 Cherries and Organic Bananas. Could have saved a dollar a pound on the bananas had I gone to the market one block over. So nice seeing baby boy savouring ripe fruit :)

- $4.40 Fast Food. Woke up from a nap and headed out without eating. I am craving protein. A lot of this spending is surely about the social aspect, hanging out at the local spots.

Looks like this new job is another dead end. The stress of not being able to find paying work is getting to my husband and I. I am anxious, and my eating/ spending reflects this.

Thrift store finds will have to be exchanged, but a good chance for DH and I to find some better shoes for him. 

25. Thursday.  Paid all the bills for this month and am budgeting out the next 25 days with the remaining money in our chequing account. Glad I went ahead and bought a good pile of laundry coins. Dh will need money for gas and wood tomorrow. He spent almost as much as he earned on this last job uhoh3.gif. Moving on...

Used up the remaining balance of grocery store gift cards: $85.00 (0 spend) for Meat, Eggs, Cheese.

Spent: $5.50 to cover balance of grocery bill and $4.00 for chips and pop for our lovely, beachside bbq. Free swim at the outdoor pool.

On a happy note, Baby is thriving and I am so grateful for the loads of time and space I have with my baby and husband, and that the basics are covered kid.gif

26. Friday. Spent the day out and about. 

-$20 gasoline

-$5.00 lunch

-$5.00 Coffee and snacks

-$22.00 Japanese dinner out

#126 of 144 Old 07-27-2013, 05:19 AM

I need to get back into this thread.  Since we have paid our CC's off a few months ago and started my Roth IRA, we have not been being careful at all about the budget.  So I need to get re-focused and start tracking better and stop spending.  We had a camping trip vacation early in the month that landed us in a hotel the entire trip because the weather was terrible.  Not only increasing our lodging expense but also our food expenses since we didn't have the campfire to cook on!  When we came home from the vacation we have been spending ever since!  So I'm working to keep the rest of this month in check and to tighten

things way up for the next few months!  

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#127 of 144 Old 07-27-2013, 09:41 AM

Key:  biggrinbounce.gif = no spend, thumb.gif = budgeted spending, Sheepish.gif = unbudgeted spending

July 26th - budgeted spending thumb.gif $116 Costco (August trip, since we won't be around at the beginning of next month and I don't want to come home to absolutely nothing ;)), $23 rubbermaid containers (came out of the $60 I made yesterday); unbudgeted spending Sheepish.gif $81 IKEA (part of that was from the $60 I made yesterday, but the rest was unbudgeted)

no spend days = 12 biggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

budgeted spending days = 7 thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

unbudgeted spending days = 7 Sheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gif

Still racking up those unbudgeted spending days.  We needed toilet paper too, but Costco didn't have the recycled kind that I like to get.  I may need to check out the other Costco and see if they have it today, since we are on the last roll (or maybe I'll just wait since we're leaving Monday).  I'd love to have another couple of no spend days before it all goes out the window when we're on vacation (which I will NOT be reporting ;)).  For real, though, August is the month when I get back on track ;)

#128 of 144 Old 07-27-2013, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom View Post

01    thumb.gif

02    thumb.gif

03    thumb.gif

04    thumb.gif

05    thumb.gif

06    thumb.gif

07    $6 popcorn and snacks at the community pool

08    thumb.gif

09    $3 popcorn and snacks at the community pool

10    $5  Starbucks 

11    $40 local bar, birthday celebration for friend

12   thumb.gif

13   thumb.gif

14   thumb.gif

15   thumb.gif

16   thumb.gif

17   $13 ice cream

18   $52 calendars and journals for NEXT Christmas...I'm planning ahead this year

19  $40 Chinese food

20   thumb.gif

21   thumb.gif

22   thumb.gif

23   thumb.gif

24   thumb.gif

25   thumb.gif

26  $40 party supplies

thumb.gif = no spend

#129 of 144 Old 07-27-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruna View Post

-$20 gasoline

-$5.00 lunch

-$5.00 Coffee and snacks

-$22.00 Japanese dinner out nod.gif

27. Another day out in the park.

$2.00 Cigar for DH

$8.00 Lunch

$3.25 Ice Cream

$5.00 Dinner

$6.15 Coffee and Dessert nod.gif

New Key:

Spending Within Budgetnod.gif

Going Overboard nut.gif

#130 of 144 Old 07-28-2013, 09:57 AM

July 27th - no spend biggrinbounce.gif

no spend days = 13 biggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

unbudgeted spending days = 7 Sheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gif

#131 of 144 Old 07-28-2013, 10:24 AM

Took the kids for haircuts yesterday.   Yes, I should have done them at home, but eegad, I just wasn't up to it.  The lovely ladies at Supercuts mowed down 4 heads of unruly hair in less than 30 minutes.   It was awesome. 

July 1 -- thumb.gif

July 3 -- thumb.gif

Vacation...

July 5 -- $65 dinner out

July 6 -- thumb.gif

July 7 -- $55 movies

July 9 -- $35 lunch

Back to real life...

July 11 -- thumb.gif

July 12 -- thumb.gif

July 14 -- thumb.gif

July 15 -- thumb.gif

July 16 -- thumb.gif

July 17 -- thumb.gif

July 19 -- thumb.gif

July 20 -- thumb.gif

July 21 -- thumb.gif

July 22 -- thumb.gif

July 25 -- thumb.gif

July 26 -- thumb.gif

July 27 -- $62 haircuts for 4 kids

July 28 -- thumb.gif  planned

July 29

July 30

July 31

#132 of 144 Old 07-28-2013, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Ruthie -- Sometimes you have to let the pros do it.

#133 of 144 Old 07-28-2013, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

I spent a ton on food today...I haven't even tallied it up yet.  But I am raising a family of eaters.

#134 of 144 Old 07-28-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:

-$20 gasoline

-$5.00 lunch

-$5.00 Coffee and snacks

$2.00 Cigar for DH

$8.00 Lunch

$3.25 Ice Cream

$5.00 Dinner

28. Sunday

Breakfast $5.73

Thrift Store $37.27 3 pairs of pants for DH, T-shirt for me and 2 toys for Baby. All reasonable purchases.

Groceries $19.00

Snacks $5.10

Spending money for DH $20.00  nod.gif

Spending Within Budget: nod.gif

Going Overboard: nut.gif

#135 of 144 Old 07-29-2013, 03:11 AM

July 28th - unbudgeted spending Sheepish.gif $31 gas (WAY over budget this month!!)

no spend days = 13 biggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

unbudgeted spending days = 8 Sheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gifSheepish.gif

I'll be back on the August thread...for the next week, it's spend whenever I want, since I'M ON VACATION!!! :)

#136 of 144 Old 07-29-2013, 07:05 AM

Are there really only 3 days left in July?!?!?  Where did that month go? 

I am planning on another thumb.gif today.   We need some diapers and groceries, but I have $100 left to cover it. 

I need to start thinking about August.   We have a week of camping planned and the kids need shoes and some clothes and school supplies and all that jazz.  Money, money, money. 

July 1 -- thumb.gif

July 3 -- thumb.gif

Vacation...

July 5 -- $65 dinner out

July 6 -- thumb.gif

July 7 -- $55 movies

July 9 -- $35 lunch

Back to real life...

July 11 -- thumb.gif

July 12 -- thumb.gif

July 14 -- thumb.gif

July 15 -- thumb.gif

July 16 -- thumb.gif

July 17 -- thumb.gif

July 19 -- thumb.gif

July 20 -- thumb.gif

July 21 -- thumb.gif

July 22 -- thumb.gif

July 25 -- thumb.gif

July 26 -- thumb.gif

July 28 -- thumb.gif 

July 29 -- thumb.gif

July 30

July 31

#137 of 144 Old 07-29-2013, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

1-7 thumb.gif

8-10 dizzy.gif Bleeding money.  

11-14 thumb.gif

15 praying.gif Oh thank you for the no spend today!

16 dizzy.gifUnplanned purchase of a Children's Museum membership.  Car repair.

17-19 thumb.gif  Good enough.

20 dizzy.gif Yeeeeeowch!  Nothing unplanned, but getting ready for camping, completely out of groceries.  Ouch.

21 thumb.gif Stayed home.  Phew!

22 thumb.gif Goin' campin'.  A few more things to get.  Try not to stop for lunch.

23 thumb.gif Happy birthday!  DH already surprised me with the picnic table and benches he made.  Sorta hard to hide!

24 thumb.gif Goin' home.

25-29 joy.gif I think we bought bread.  But scratch that-- a little-- on the 27th I shelled out $100 (gas, lunch etc., shower gift) to help get my sister ("grandma") to her son's baby shower over the mountains.  Worth it.

Tuesday will be some groceries and some other purchases, but I think we'll end the month on a positive note, especially considering it's summer.  August looks pretty good, too, even counting county fair, a second camping trip, etc.

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#138 of 144 Old 07-29-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:

-$20 gasoline

-$5.00 lunch

-$5.00 Coffee and snacks

$2.00 Cigar for DH

$8.00 Lunch

$3.25 Ice Cream

$5.00 Dinner

28. Sunday

Breakfast $5.73

Thrift Store $37.27 3 pairs of pants for DH, T-shirt for me and 2 toys for Baby. All reasonable purchases.

Groceries $19.00

Snacks $5.10

29. Monday

$60.00 Gasoline and Wood for DH

$3.00 Snack

$5.00 Snack and Bandages and Razor Blades nod.gif/nut.gif 

Some unnecessary spending and snacking here, born out of boredom. 

#139 of 144 Old 07-30-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:

-$20 gasoline

-$5.00 lunch

-$5.00 Coffee and snacks

$2.00 Cigar for DH

$8.00 Lunch

$3.25 Ice Cream

$5.00 Dinner

28. Sunday

Breakfast $5.73

Groceries $19.00

Snacks $5.10

29. Monday

$3.00 Snack

30. Tuesday

$0 Spend nod.gifnod.gifnod.gifnod.gifnod.gif

Collected a small haul from the family food bank, visited with a friend and playmate

#140 of 144 Old 07-30-2013, 08:56 PM

Thought I would have a thumb.gif, but then we needed a plunger.   I know, you are all amazed at my glamorous life.  Some days are awesome and some days you plunge the toilet. 

July 1 -- thumb.gif

July 3 -- thumb.gif

Vacation...

July 5 -- $65 dinner out

July 6 -- thumb.gif

July 7 -- $55 movies

July 9 -- $35 lunch

Back to real life...

July 11 -- thumb.gif

July 12 -- thumb.gif

July 14 -- thumb.gif

July 15 -- thumb.gif

July 16 -- thumb.gif

July 17 -- thumb.gif

July 19 -- thumb.gif

July 20 -- thumb.gif

July 21 -- thumb.gif

July 22 -- thumb.gif

July 25 -- thumb.gif

July 26 -- thumb.gif

July 28 -- thumb.gif 

July 29 -- thumb.gif

July 30 -- plunger

July 31

#141 of 144 Old 07-31-2013, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

1-7 thumb.gif

8-10 dizzy.gif Bleeding money.  

11-14 thumb.gif

15 praying.gif Oh thank you for the no spend today!

16 dizzy.gifUnplanned purchase of a Children's Museum membership.  Car repair.

17-19 thumb.gif  Good enough.

20 dizzy.gif Yeeeeeowch!  Nothing unplanned, but getting ready for camping, completely out of groceries.  Ouch.

21 thumb.gif Stayed home.  Phew!

22 thumb.gif Goin' campin'.  A few more things to get.  Try not to stop for lunch.

23 thumb.gif Happy birthday!  DH already surprised me with the picnic table and benches he made.  Sorta hard to hide!

24 thumb.gif Goin' home.

25-29 joy.gif I think we bought bread.  But scratch that-- a little-- on the 27th I shelled out $100 (gas, lunch etc., shower gift) to help get my sister ("grandma") to her son's baby shower over the mountains.  Worth it.

Forgot about locking my keys in the car.  Grumblegrumblegrumble.  That was a swift $60.  On the flip side, the YMCA guy let us pay for an open swim... we showered, went into the pool and..... THE SCHEDULE HAD CHANGED FOR SUMMER!  AARGH!  luckily, there was an open swim that afternoon or my girls would have been in tears.  Why is this "luckily?"  The Y-Guy gave us 2 extra open swim passes.  That is, if I didn't wash my jeans.... hmmmm.... better check that.

July ends.  It was good in some ways, expensive in others..... I'm ready for August. WHERE IS THE AUGUST THREAD?????  I am so there.  Well, figuratively.  

Ciao, ladies!  blowkiss.gif

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#142 of 144 Old 07-31-2013, 05:01 PM

Ended the month with a thumb.gif.  Not a bad month overall.  We had a nice vacation at home, kept the spending with reason.   Well, mostly.  Our grocery budget is over the top, but I am coming to grips with the price of food and my growing family. 

On to August!

July 1 -- thumb.gif

July 3 -- thumb.gif

Vacation...

July 5 -- $65 dinner out

July 6 -- thumb.gif

July 7 -- $55 movies

July 9 -- $35 lunch

Back to real life...

July 11 -- thumb.gif

July 12 -- thumb.gif

July 14 -- thumb.gif

July 15 -- thumb.gif

July 16 -- thumb.gif

July 17 -- thumb.gif

July 19 -- thumb.gif

July 20 -- thumb.gif

July 21 -- thumb.gif

July 22 -- thumb.gif

July 25 -- thumb.gif

July 26 -- thumb.gif

July 28 -- thumb.gif 

July 29 -- thumb.gif

July 30 -- plunger

July 31 -- thumb.gif

#143 of 144 Old 07-31-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:

-$20 gasoline

-$5.00 lunch

-$5.00 Coffee and snacks

$2.00 Cigar for DH

$8.00 Lunch

$3.25 Ice Cream

$5.00 Dinner

28. Sunday

Breakfast $5.73

Groceries $19.00

Snacks $5.10

29. Monday

$3.00 Snack

30. Tuesday

$0 Spend nod.gifnod.gifnod.gifnod.gifnod.gif

Collected a small haul from the family food bank, visited with a friend and playmate

31. Wednesday

$35 dollars groceries nod.gif

#144 of 144 Old 08-01-2013, 06:05 AM

27 no spend

28  Cell phone bill $48.62, Amazon Subscription items $40.  Day's total $88.62

29  Took LO to the doctor for swimmers ear since my home remedy was going on a few days and she was getting worse. $50

30   Groceries $120

31   Went to the library got out 3 movies and books.  Got the kids each an ice cream cone $2...DH bought siding still needs more house wrap... $1100, Day's total $1102.

This month was out of hand with our vacation and trying to finish up multiple home improvement projects since we have a few weekends in a row off (more in Aug)! DH is trying to take advantage of his free time.  But less work also means less money!  ugh

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page