Visiting back home for the winter holiday? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-03-2013, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So here's the deal. Not sure if this belongs here or not, but I'll try. We currently live in Georgia with my in laws. No rent or anything, just our bills- car payment and phone. I'm from TX and I want to go visit in December. Would it be rude or selfish to spend money on a vacation? My in laws don't ever ask us for money and when we try to give it to them they won't accept it. We moved here because they wanted to be close to their grandkids and help us while we go to college. There was no way we could've gone to school with kids and bills and both of us working and paying for babysitters and daycare. If we start saving all our extra income now, we should have plenty to get there and stay a few days and have an enjoyable visit. Just wanted y'all's opinion of the situation. We've mentioned it to them and they don't seem against it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I think it depends.  It's not really a "vacation" - it's spending time with YOUR family.  To me, that seems like something reasonable that you can put in the "need" category.  Unless you owe your ILs money that they really NEED right now, I think it's fine. 

Old 07-04-2013, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better.

Tags
Finances
User Tag List