Nielsen tv home surveys???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Anyone else getting these big white and Blue envelopes in the mail? doesn't even have a name on it..Just tv research home and your address on it?

I almost threw it away...Looked like junk as usual...But something told me to take it up and look at it later...about 2 hrs after I threw it on the counter I walked by and spotted it again...I picked it up to throw it away and my 6 year old said let me open it...I said it is just junk mail honey...a waste of paper and postage....But I let her open it...Do you know what fell out with the survey they wanted me to fill out and send back(and only 1 page at that??)  5 brand new $1 bills...... bigeyes.gif    

So like I said....you might want to open up that junk mail and just scan the insides before you toss it...I know I will from now on....

#2 of 6 Old 10-05-2013, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Glad you had a happy surprise in what looked like junk mail! :)

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 6 Old 10-05-2013, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow, I have never heard of this- I am shocked that a mass-mailer (?) would be putting cash in their envelopes. I would imagine a LOT of money is being thrown away. 

#4 of 6 Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 AM

Yes we got this a few months ago and participated and got another $5 cash.  Then they never sent us another one.  I don't think we watch enough TV and when we do it's usually not prime time but re-runs!  It's a legit company that I've seen bloggers talk about.

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#5 of 6 Old 10-16-2013, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yes, and if you actually do their surveys, they also send you $30.  

#6 of 6 Old 10-16-2013, 09:32 AM

My daughter participated in a study at the peds office and will receive calls- it's about social media use and teens. They'll send her a $20 gift card every time she answers a few questions. My MIL got $50 for answering questions after Hurricane Katrina- they called her every three months. She ended up making $150.

Tags
Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page