Crunchy/Frugal Date Ideas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I are living on a tight budget and now that our baby can be left with the grandparents want to go out on some dates and focus on our relationship.   Back in the old days dates involved dinner, wine and nice concerts but those were so expensive.  Can anyone share with me some great ideas for cheap dates or the best dates you have had that didn't cost anything?

V + E=baby G in 2012.  Rural Midwestern homesteaders going back to their roots.

“A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.” -Paulo Coelho 

#2 of 3 Old 09-24-2013, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Dh and I just had a lovely date.  We biked with the kids to school, dropped them off, then biked around town looking at houses and neighborhoods.  We plan on buying next year, so it is great fun for us to poke around and gather ideas.  We stopped at a cafe for a cup of tea.  Lovely morning and total of $5 spent. 

If the weather is nice, get outside.  A walk, a hike, a bike ride, borrow a canoe or kayak, something that you two like to do together and would remind you of life before kids.  Finish with a picnic or even a thermos of something hot and a shared muffin. 

We have 4 kids, so any quiet time is precious for dh and me.  I think we could have a date just sitting in the car enjoying some peace and quiet. 

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#3 of 3 Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just some random ideas

Picnic, hiking, cross country skiing/snowshoeing, sledding, window shopping, crafting (maybe using free natural items found on a walk, like rocks, moss, etc), bicycling, looking at the stars (make sure to drive out of town! and look out for meteor showers and such), free community activities (plays, concerts, festivals, dances, art walks, pot lucks), explore a botanical garden/arboretum, museums (lots of them have free days every so often), fancy candlelit dinner at home, swimming, mini golf, game night with friends, bonfire, camping, natural hot springs, rock hounding

Tags
Frugality

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page