December Spend-Less Challenge: Let's Fill Our Stockings with Pinched Pennies! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 87 Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

:thumb = no spend/budgeted spend

nono.gif = unbudgeted spend/eating out unnecessarily

crochetsmilie.gif = crafted for the day  (trying to get some Christmas presents made!)

Dec. 1   nono.gif  Ate lunch at Subway after church

Dec. 2   :thumb  Ordered a few online Christmas presents, but that is budgeted  knit.gif

Dec. 3   :thumb  No spend day!  Yay!  knit.gif (Cross-stitched until my eyes were almost crossed!)

Dec. 4   nono.gif  DH had a dr. appt. after work, so he bought himself supper.  Not totally bad, only $6.00, but still unbudgeted.  Also put gas in van (budgeted) and picked up some needed groceries (budgeted).  So all in all, not a horrible day.  Didn't craft any yesterday either.  I got on facebook instead.  :eyesroll

Dec. 5   :thumb  No spend day!  Wooohooo!  crochetsmilie.gif

Dec. 6   :thumb  No spend day!  Didn't even order any Christmas presents...I really need to get that done though.  Maybe tomorrow.  knit.gif

Dec. 7   :thumb  knit.gif

Dec. 8   nono.gif  Ate out after church  knit.gif

Dec. 9   nono.gif  Christmas shopping (budgeted, but went over)  

Dec. 10   :thumb  knit.gif

Dec. 11   nono.gif   Took DS to doctor appt. and ate supper out.  This is the kind of stuff that trips me up the most.  knit.gif

Dec. 12   :thumb  knit.gif

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#62 of 87 Old 12-13-2013, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Damn these creative school projects.  DD goes to an awesome school where projects are a big deal.  She is doing great work, studying hard and her mind is being stretched and molded.  She loves it, I love it for her, and I am spending and spending buying paint and materials for complicated and fabulous costumes and models and books.  Honestly, it is a terrific problem to have, just not so good for my no-spend challenge. 

And I completely folded yesterday  and got a Christmas movie through the Apple TV. 

Heading out for groceries this morning.  Need milk, fruit, veg, meat, the basics. 

:thumb budgeted

nono.gif not in the budget, stupid spending

December 1 -- :thumb groceries

December 2 -- :thumb took advantage of cyber Monday deals to pick up a couple of Christmas gifts, :thumb 17.64 supplies for school project

December 3 -- :mischief  Oi! Embarrassing lack of discipline

December 4 -- :thumb

December 5 -- :thumb

December 6 -- nono.gif 5.70 library fines

December 7-- nono.gif 39.98 sleds, :thumb groceries

December 8 -- :thumb gas for van, :thumb supplies for school project

December 9 -- nono.gif 14.25 trip to the swimming pool

December 10 -- :thumb more paint for dd's school project

December 11 -- :thumb

December 12 -- nono.gif 8.99 movie for kids

December 13

December 14

December 15

Grocery Tally:  352.81

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#63 of 87 Old 12-13-2013, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

1   :throb No spend

2   shine.gif Mixed day.  Planned spending.  :sip Bad timing = hot chocolate at the coffee shop: $8.

3   shine.gif Planned spending.  Took dd2 out to lunch: $12.

4   shine.gif Snacks for the girls.  Planned, $5.  Unplanned hat purchase, $8.

5   shine.gif Groceries.  Mechanic's bill for truck only came to $25.

6   :nut Power outage led me to buy too much crud while out and about.  Gas.

7   shine.gif Planned spending, including eating out, $16, except :sipA decadent latte.  $4!!!

8   :throb No spend.

9   :2whistleSpoiled my no spend with 1.25 candy.

10 :throb No spend

11 shine.gif  Begun my online holiday shopping.  Groceries.  $6 chips and candy. :2whistle

12 shine.gif Groceries.  Aaaaaaand the dishwasher won't work.  Sigh.........

13 :2whistle Went a smidge off the Christmas plan.  Online shopping.  Snacks.  Lunch out, $15.

It's all dd1's fault, picking Dairy Queen instead of Taco Del Mar.  I just had to top off lunch with a candy cane/chocolate chunk blizzard.  Bought 2 little wool felt ornaments so I could get free shipping at Magic Cabin, and spent about $25 on toys not on the list.  In fact, everything *could* have waited for dd1's birthday, but they don't have free shipping specials in January, so I grabbed it now.  I might pull some of it aside to save for her birthday.

Christmas Spending:

Gifts: $291/$400  

Junk: $141--Done!

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#64 of 87 Old 12-13-2013, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Finally knocked some more gifts off my list. Now I'm down to just one and more cards. Still over budget, but that's neither here nor there now. Oops, forgot that I also paid a library fine too.

Key: 

No unplanned/unbudgeted spending: thumb.gif

Unbudgeted spending: irked.gif

Ate at home all day: yummy.gif

----------------------

No-unbudgeted-spending days: 6/31

12/1: thumb.gif yummy.gif Stocking up at Vitacost: $171. Christmas gift: $35. All budgeted.

12/2: thumb.gif yummy.gif DH's birthday and Christmas gifts: $300. Groceries: $24. All budgeted.

12/3: thumb.gif yummy.gif

12/4: irked.gif Breakfast: $8. Groceries: $60 (budgeted). Christmas gift (grandmother): $25 (budgeted). Gas gift cards: $75 (budgeted). Two Cokes: $2 (not budgeted!). 

12/5: irked.gif yummy.gif More christmas gifts/cards: $$$. Groceries: $54 (budgeted). Pottery class: $30 (budgeted). Gift tree donations: $100 (not budgeted, but for a good cause).

12/6: irked.gif Dinner out: $40.

12/7: irked.gif Dinner and movie for DH's birthday: $30. 

12/8: thumb.gif yummy.gif Groceries: $166 (budgeted). (never did finish the Christmas shopping, so that will get pushed to 12/9)

12/9: irked.gif Christmas gift: $30. Dinner in: $10 (kids paid for their own).

12/10: thumb.gif yummy.gif

12/11: thumb.gif Dinner out, but MIL paid (DH's birthday dinner). Gas for car: $20.

12/12: irked.gif Dinner/movie/froyo with little girls: $95

12/13: irked.gif Christmas gifts: $90. Library fines: $14 (we accidentally ruined a book).

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#65 of 87 Old 12-14-2013, 07:25 AM

:thumb budgeted

nono.gif not in the budget, stupid spending

December 1 -- :thumb groceries

December 2 -- :thumb took advantage of cyber Monday deals to pick up a couple of Christmas gifts, :thumb 17.64 supplies for school project

December 3 -- :mischief  Oi! Embarrassing lack of discipline

December 4 -- :thumb

December 5 -- :thumb

December 6 -- nono.gif 5.70 library fines

December 7-- nono.gif 39.98 sleds, :thumb groceries

December 8 -- :thumb gas for van, :thumb supplies for school project

December 9 -- nono.gif 14.25 trip to the swimming pool

December 10 -- :thumb more paint for dd's school project

December 11 -- :thumb

December 12 -- nono.gif 8.99 movie for kids

December 13 -- :thumb groceries

December 14

December 15

Grocery Tally:  486.13

#66 of 87 Old 12-15-2013, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Well, we were well on our way to a no-spend day yesterday when we had a gerbil emergency. After a cage cleaning, one of our pairs decided they no longer recognized each other and could no longer be together, so DH had to stop on his way home to buy a new cage setup. Thankfully, we were able to take some extreme measures (involving the application of vanilla extract, who knew?!) to get them back together this morning, but the $45 was already spent. Ah well, I guess it’s always good to have a spare setup, just in case. DD wants to breed gerbils someday anyway. But still, it hurts when we’re trying to so hard to keep a rein on spending.

I also spent $40 on groceries, which officially maxes out our grocery budget with half the month to go. I can probably make it to the end of this week without any significant shopping, but then I’ll need to buy cookie and dessert supplies (for holiday baking and party), supplies for a potluck meal, and just whatever we need for the rest of the month. We have most of what we need for meals (breakfast, lunches, sides) with the exception of main course-type things, so maybe I can keep it down. Maybe. Sigh. 

Key: 

----------------------

12/1: thumb.gif yummy.gif Stocking up at Vitacost: $171. Christmas gift: $35. All budgeted.

12/2: thumb.gif yummy.gif DH's birthday and Christmas gifts: $300. Groceries: $24. All budgeted.

12/4: irked.gif Breakfast: $8. Groceries: $60 (budgeted). Christmas gift (grandmother): $25 (budgeted). Gas gift cards: $75 (budgeted). Two Cokes: $2 (not budgeted!). 

12/5: irked.gif yummy.gif More christmas gifts/cards: $$$. Groceries: $54 (budgeted). Pottery class: $30 (budgeted). Gift tree donations: $100 (not budgeted, but for a good cause).

12/8: thumb.gif yummy.gif Groceries: $166 (budgeted). (never did finish the Christmas shopping, so that will get pushed to 12/9)

12/11: thumb.gif Dinner out, but MIL paid (DH's birthday dinner). Gas for car: $20.

12/13: irked.gif Christmas gifts: $90. Library fines: $14 (we accidentally ruined a book).

12/14: irked.gif yummy.gif Gerbil cage. $45. Groceries: $40.

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#67 of 87 Old 12-15-2013, 06:32 PM

2   shine.gif Mixed day.  Planned spending.  :sip Bad timing = hot chocolate at the coffee shop: $8.

7   shine.gif Planned spending, including eating out, $16, except :sipA decadent latte.  $4!!!

11 shine.gif  Begun my online holiday shopping.  Groceries.  $6 chips and candy. :2whistle

13 :2whistle Went a smidge off the Christmas plan.  Online shopping.  Snacks.  Lunch out, $15.

14 :2whistle A mild overspend while visiting relatives.  :sipMy usual--$3 with tip

15 :2whistle " "

Could have been a whole lot worse.  Limited my out-of-town grocery and food spending.  SIL treated us to zoo lights.  Some mild impulse spending regarding Christmas gifts and a sparkly snowman ornament.  Will update the figures below tomorrow.  Almost DONE with gift shopping.  Down to the cash gifts for the older nieces and nephews.

Christmas Spending:

#68 of 87 Old 12-16-2013, 09:58 PM

Ok, I've just about spent the whole months groceries budget! The end of the month is going to be ugly! I better cook up some rice & beans...

On a good note, I did stay at home the past 2 days:)

:love no spending

:thumb budgeted spending

:p no driving/stay home

:( unplanned spending

sell things online $40/$100

Dec 1-:love

Dec 2-:thumb groceries $102 on groceries & advent candles 

Dec 3-:thumb groceries $72, baby wipes $20

Dec 4-:thumb sold some stuff online so I had to buy some shipping materials 

Dec 5-:thumb :( $50 budgeted gift, $15 on food out (counts in the budget under groceries, but was not planned and a waste of money!), also paid bills 

Dec 6-:p :thumb $100 on groceries(my DH bought groceries, he works at a market)

Dec 7-:thumb gifts & yarn

Dec 8-:thumbhardware store

Dec 9-:thumb groceries, again

Dec 10-:thumb um, kind of spent a lot

Dec 11-:thumb groceries

Dec 12-:love oh yay, no spending today!

Dec 13-:love

Dec 14-:thumb groceries

Dec 15-:p:love

Dec 16-:p :thumb groceries, gifts

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#69 of 87 Old 12-17-2013, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

Key: 

----------------------

12/14: irked.gif yummy.gif Gerbil cage. $45. Groceries: $27.

12/15: irked.gif Cici's for dinner (I'm weak!): $20

12/16: thumb.gif yummy.gif

#70 of 87 Old 12-17-2013, 06:52 AM

crochetsmilie.gif = crafted for the day  (trying to get some Christmas presents made!)

Dec. 2   :thumb  Ordered a few online Christmas presents, but that is budgeted  knit.gif

Dec. 3   :thumb  No spend day!  Yay!  knit.gif (Cross-stitched until my eyes were almost crossed!)

Dec. 4   nono.gif  DH had a dr. appt. after work, so he bought himself supper.  Not totally bad, only $6.00, but still unbudgeted.  Also put gas in van (budgeted) and picked up some needed groceries (budgeted).  So all in all, not a horrible day.  Didn't craft any yesterday either.  I got on facebook instead.  :eyesroll

Dec. 6   :thumb  No spend day!  Didn't even order any Christmas presents...I really need to get that done though.  Maybe tomorrow.  knit.gif

Dec. 11   nono.gif   Took DS to doctor appt. and ate supper out.  This is the kind of stuff that trips me up the most.  knit.gif

Dec. 13   :thumb   knit.gif

Dec. 14   :thumb   knit.gif

Dec. 15   nono.gif  Had to renew my library card...didn't realize it had expired...not budgeted.   knit.gif

Dec. 16   :thumb   knit.gif

Dec. 17   nono.gif  Already overspent on Christmas...and spent more.  I am officially, (hopefully :blush) done with Christmas.  knit.gif

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#71 of 87 Old 12-17-2013, 08:19 AM

14 :2whistle A mild overspend while visiting relatives.  :sipMy usual--$3 with tip

16 :2whistle Snacks and candy, $5  Appliance repair guy, $65

Can I make today a no-spend?  Working locally.

Christmas Spending:

#72 of 87 Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

OK everyone, I'm throwing my hands up in defeat on December--not so much because of the money, but because I'm just so swamped, I can hardly see straight and have no time to be spending online. I have presents and cards still to buy, packages still to wrap and mail, cookies to bake, parties to attend, and work that was supposed to be done two days ago. I'll be with you in spirit, and I'll be back with a renewed vigor on 1/1/14 (yikes2.gif).

Merry Christmas, Happy Yule, and Happy New Year to everyone! May your stockings be full, and may your hearts be fuller :grouphug 

tealsmith83 likes this.

#73 of 87 Old 12-19-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissel View Post

OK everyone, I'm throwing my hands up in defeat on December--not so much because of the money, but because I'm just so swamped, I can hardly see straight and have no time to be spending online. I have presents and cards still to buy, packages still to wrap and mail, cookies to bake, parties to attend, and work that was supposed to be done two days ago. I'll be with you in spirit, and I'll be back with a renewed vigor on 1/1/14 (yikes2.gif).

Merry Christmas, Happy Yule, and Happy New Year to everyone! May your stockings be full, and may your hearts be fuller :grouphug 

melissel - we totally understand!  Merry Christmas to you too!

Dec. 13   :thumb   knit.gif

Dec. 14   :thumb   knit.gif

Dec. 15   nono.gif  Had to renew my library card...didn't realize it had expired...not budgeted.   knit.gif

Dec. 16   :thumb   knit.gif

Dec. 17   nono.gif  Already overspent on Christmas...and spent more.  I am officially, (hopefully :blush) done with Christmas.  knit.gif

Dec. 18   nono.gif  Ate out at McD's before church last night.  Honestly, I was just too tired to even heat up leftovers in the fridge.  I can't wait for Christmas break.  I work at a school, so as of this Friday afternoon...I'm off work for 2 whole weeks!!!   :twothumbs  Bring it on!

#74 of 87 Old 12-19-2013, 08:34 AM

17 shine.gif Gas

18 shine.gif Planned spending, snack stop $1.50

Still behind on tallying the Christmas total.  It's going to be over--ugh.

Christmas Spending:

Gifts: $335/$400  

Junk: $141

#75 of 87 Old 12-19-2013, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Things are actually going pretty well. My unemployment ran out, but we got a big check for Christmas. I set up an online account that will transfer money periodically to extend our current incomes. I also dropped a few bills down and we are doing really well on food stuffs right now, so I'm not seeing a lot of expenses. Most of our "unplanned spending" is $5 or $10 for stuff that we need or a treat here and there.

I've saved a lot doing Holiday gifts this year. I made up gift baskets with foods I've been canning all year. The pumpkin butter went over really well! Since most of what I gave was already made, my costs were minimal. I got the kids a toy each, which ran about $60 total. :wink

:joy - No spending

:thumb      - Planned spending only

:(        - Unplanned spending

12/1 - :( - Ate out, semi-planned, but unnecessary.

12/2 - :(

12/3 - :thumb

12/4 - :( - Late night snack during laundry :blush.

12/5 - :thumb

12/6 - :thumb

12/7 - :( - Unplanned purchases, necessary and possible due to Christmas money; cough medicines.

12/8 - :thumb

12/9 - :(   \

12/10 - :(   > Eating out & getting cough medicine due to all adults getting sick at the same time :dizzy

12/11 - :( /

12/12 - :thumb

12/13 - :thumb

12/14 - :( - Signed up for a subscription delivery that may prove to be very nice, we'll see how that goes fingersx.gif; also grabbed lunch thru a drive thru.

12/15 - :thumb

12/16 - :joy

12/17 - :joy

12/18 - :( - DH forgot to thaw the meat for supper duh.gif, so an emergency drive-thru meal (we don't keep "food" in the house, just ingredients to make food).

12/19 - :thumb 

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#76 of 87 Old 12-19-2013, 03:34 PM

17 shine.gif Gas

19 shine.gif Groceries

Christmas Spending:

Gifts: $331/$400  One more gift, plus some cash for the older nieces and nephews.

Junk: $172/ Bad year for Xmas extras.

#77 of 87 Old 12-19-2013, 09:38 PM

:love no spending

:thumb budgeted spending

:p no driving/stay home

:( unplanned spending

sell things online $40/$100

Dec 1-:love

Dec 2-:thumb groceries $102 on groceries & advent candles 

Dec 3-:thumb groceries $72, baby wipes $20

Dec 4-:thumb sold some stuff online so I had to buy some shipping materials 

Dec 5-:thumb :( $50 budgeted gift, $15 on food out (counts in the budget under groceries, but was not planned and a waste of money!), also paid bills 

Dec 6-:p :thumb $100 on groceries(my DH bought groceries, he works at a market)

Dec 7-:thumb gifts & yarn

Dec 8-:thumbhardware store

Dec 9-:thumb groceries, again

Dec 10-:thumb um, kind of spent a lot

Dec 11-:thumb groceries

Dec 12-:love oh yay, no spending today!

Dec 13-:love

Dec 14-:thumb groceries

Dec 15-:p:love

Dec 16-:p :thumb groceries, gifts

Dec 17-:thumb pet food

Dec 18-:( ate out, overspent at Target, oh & my dh & I got a mocha at a coffee shop. Fun day, bad for the budget...

Dec 19-:thumb groceries to bake treats for gifts

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#78 of 87 Old 12-20-2013, 07:59 PM

17 shine.gif Gas

19 shine.gif Groceries

20 shine.gif Groceries and Christmas shopping  :2whistle Ate out, just moi, $8; coffee (Blech! Only 2.00, but blech!) and a candy bar

Not adding the last Christmas gifts to the tally, as they were needed anyway: socks for dh, water bottles for the girls, those kinds of last-minute-might-as-well-wrap-it-up-for-Christmas kind of stuff.  I'm even planning on getting dh some mousetraps and a kitchen scrubbie for his stocking. :p

Christmas Spending:

Gifts: $361/$400  

#79 of 87 Old 12-21-2013, 07:23 PM

17 shine.gif Gas

19 shine.gif Groceries

20 shine.gif Groceries and Christmas shopping  :2whistle Ate out, just moi, $8; coffee (Blech! Only 2.00, but blech!) and a candy bar

21 :throb Stealth no-spend.  How'd I manage that???

My, I've posted 3 of the last four posts!  Either nearly everyone is busy or are dropping like flies.  Hang in there, ladies!

Christmas Spending:

#80 of 87 Old 12-21-2013, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

:joy - No spending

:thumb      - Planned spending only

:(        - Unplanned spending

12/1 - :( - Ate out, semi-planned, but unnecessary.

12/2 - :(

12/3 - :thumb

12/4 - :( - Late night snack during laundry :blush.

12/5 - :thumb

12/6 - :thumb

12/7 - :( - Unplanned purchases, necessary and possible due to Christmas money; cough medicines.

12/8 - :thumb

12/9 - :(   \

12/10 - :(   > Eating out & getting cough medicine due to all adults getting sick at the same time :dizzy

12/11 - :( /

12/12 - :thumb

12/13 - :thumb

12/14 - :( - Signed up for a subscription delivery that may prove to be very nice, we'll see how that goes fingersx.gif; also grabbed lunch thru a drive thru.

12/15 - :thumb

12/16 - :joy

12/17 - :joy

12/18 - :( - DH forgot to thaw the meat for supper duh.gif, so an emergency drive-thru meal (we don't keep "food" in the house, just ingredients to make food).

12/19 - :thumb

12/20 - :thumb

12/21 - :thumb 

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#81 of 87 Old 12-23-2013, 07:36 PM

17 shine.gif Gas

19 shine.gif Groceries

22 shine.gif Groceries

23 :2whistle Ate out, $14.  Children's museum.  Oil change.  Snacks.

But the worst is when I discover that I probably won't qualify for Medicaid and free health insurance.  Currently we are UNinsured because $350 for a crap plan was too much.  Now, the crap plan is gone, replaced by a "subsidized" crap plan that is now $750, minus some tax credit to be *only* $250.  Still can't afford it.  W. T. F.

Christmas Spending:

#82 of 87 Old 12-26-2013, 09:15 AM

17 shine.gif Gas

19 shine.gif Groceries

22 shine.gif Groceries

24 shine.gif Gas.  Snacks and groceries.  :sipCoffee

25 :throb MERRY CHRISTMAS!

26 :throb

Christmas Spending:

#83 of 87 Old 12-26-2013, 09:15 AM

How is everybody doing?

#84 of 87 Old 12-26-2013, 12:07 PM

Well done Sweetsilver for holding steady through December.   This is the hardest month for me and my budget shows it.  We had an awesome holiday with planned spending and unplanned as well.  I am going to wrap up the month and start anew when we get our January paycheck, which may be as early as tomorrow due to the New Year holiday. 

#85 of 87 Old 12-26-2013, 12:14 PM

Well, I'm eager to start on the new thread, when it gets up and running.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be eager to forget December!

We just got the actual bill from the ER/physician's office, and it's $1600.  If we pay it immediately, it's $1200.  We are currently applying for financial assistance for the bill through the hospital, as we don't qualify for state assistance, apparently (sigh, again....).  We have to make some tough choices in January, and it's going to be painful all around.  Winter is lean and mean, I tell you.

#86 of 87 Old 12-27-2013, 06:02 PM

17 shine.gif Gas

19 shine.gif Groceries

22 shine.gif Groceries

24 shine.gif Gas.  Snacks and groceries.  :sipCoffee

25 :throb MERRY CHRISTMAS!

26 :nut Library fines, $30.  Snacks 3.25

27 shine.gif Mostly planned spending.  Birthday shop for dd. :sipCoffee

I WILL FINISH THE MONTH, I WILL FINISH THE MONTH, I WILL FINISH THE MONTH

Christmas Spending:

Gifts: $450/$400  That's it.  Went over, but the goal kept it down.  $800 is not out of the ordinary.

Junk: $172/ Bad year for Xmas extras, though.  Included Winter Faire, tree, ornaments, lights, gingerbread house candy, etc.

#87 of 87 Old 01-01-2014, 07:18 AM

Last few days:

28 shine.gif Chicken feed

29 :throb No spend

30 shine.gif Big grocery day

31 :2whistle Stopped at the grocery store for dinner :sip Coffee

Wrap up:

6 x :throb = No spend

16 x shine.gif = Planned spending

6 x :sip= Coffee stand

9 x :2whistle = Small indulgences

2 x :nut = Yikes

Christmas Spending:

Gifts: $450/$400  That's it.  Went over, but the goal kept it down.  $800 is not out of the ordinary.

Junk: $172/ Bad year for Xmas extras, though.  Included Winter Faire, tree, ornaments, lights, gingerbread house candy, etc.

Goodbye December!

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page