Spending Freeze!: January Spend-Less Challenge - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 177 Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

:thumb

:thumb Resisted eating lunch out with a friend (went with her but ate leftovers back in the office)

:irked $10 Unbudgeted (icecream for the kids - invited out by friends)

:irked $61 Budgeted spending but I am still not happy about it (delayed Christmas present)

:irked $57 Budgeted ($30 for two b'day gift cards, $15 Christmas money, $12 for milk/almond milk)

:irked $173 Budgeted ($98 - paid sister for parent's Christmas gift, $75 - gas)

:irked $10 Budgeted (Baby shower)

10 nono.gif $4 Unbudgeted (peach smoothie - a friend pressured me - it was delicious)

11 :thumb

12 :thumb

13 :thumb

14 :irked $50 Budgeted (checkup copay)

15 :thumb

16 :irked $51 Budgeted (gas)

17 :thumb

18 :irked $15 Budgeted (T-shirt for dd's club)

#122 of 177 Old 01-17-2014, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

No Spend: :wink

Budgeted/Necessary Spend: :o

Bad Spend: :(

Jan. 15: :wink 

Jan. 16: :o Light bill payment and a little grocery spend. 

Jan. 17: :o $10.85

Upside to today.... sis in law paid me for the babysitting I've done so I made $40 today. I also should pick up my check at work tonight and *hopefully* my W2. Maybe I can make some extra money this weekend. If my babysitter is free to keep the kids though I'll be able to pick up an extra day this week also so that's good too. Still waiting on word from DH about the transfer approval. I'm not concerned too much since he does keep his job either way but I either need to make extra money to cover his time without pay if he transfers or I need to make extra money to contribute to our goals if he doesn't get this pay raise so I'm glad for the extra money either way! Committed to taking my dinner to work with me all weekend to save money spent out. 

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#123 of 177 Old 01-17-2014, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

DD sprung a last minute trip the store last night.  Today was pajama day at school and her pj's were all ridiculously too small.  I spent too much buying them last minute which irritates me, but she will get a lot of use out of them. 

No spend today. 

:thumb no spend/budgeted

nono.gif not in the budget, stupid spending

December 31 -- :thumb gas and groceries, nono.gif 3.00 to vacuum out the van, nono.gif 18.50 New Year's Eve trip for ice cream

January 1 -- :thumb

January 2 -- :thumb groceries

January 3 -- :thumb

January 4 -- :thumb 40.00 family day with the inlaws

January 5 -- :thumb

January 6 -- :thumb

January 7 -- :thumb groceries
January 8 -- :thumb

January 9 -- :thumb 5.99 thesaurus for dd, :thumb gas

January 10 -- :thumb

January 11 -- nono.gif  36.75 movie and popcorn

January 12 -- :thumb

January 13-- :thumb groceries

January 14 -- :thumb

January 15 -- :thumb 22.00 present for dh's birthday

January 16 -- nono.gif 16.50 pj bottoms for dd's pajama day at school, :thumb groceries

January 17 -- :thumb

January 18

January 19

January 20

January 21

January 22

January 23

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#124 of 177 Old 01-17-2014, 06:19 PM

Yesterday was almost a no-spend today, except I spent $3 on sour cream for the slumber party pancakes at a local convenience store, only to find that it must have frozen at some point, because it was all separated and grainy :angry I should have known better, so I'm counting it against myself *sigh* Today we did pretty well. Usually on co-op days I end up spending some kind of money--because I forgot lunch for the kids, or because I'm passing out in hunger on the way home, or something. But we went to Costco for chicken and meat and cheese and I managed to successfully navigate the whole store while DD8 begged for "just one piece of pizza!" or "just one thing from the vending machine!" I even managed to walk away from the cinnamon butter coffee cake pound cake they were giving out samples from! So I did spend money on groceries, but I avoided any unnecessary spending. 

Key: 

No unplanned/unbudgeted spending: thumb.gif

Unbudgeted spending: irked.gif

Ate at home all day: yummy.gif

----------------------

No-unbudgeted-spending days: 9/31

1/1: irked.gif yummy.gif Sheets: $21. Redbox: $1.30

1/2: thumb.gif yummy.gif Etsy bag: $72. Groceries: $85 (budgeted).

1/3: thumb.gif yummy.gif

1/4: irked.gif School books/slide kit: $65 (budgeted, used GC). Dinner out: $25. Library fines: hammer.gif

1/5: thumb.gif yummy.gif Groceries: $113 (budgeted).

1/6: thumb.gif yummy.gif Groceries: $209 (budgeted).

1/7: thumb.gif yummy.gif Student planners: $8 (budgeted). Groceries: $14 (budgeted). Pedeggs: $8 (budgeted). 

1/8: irked.gif yummy.gif DD8's class: $20 (budgeted). ETA: Breaking Bad episodes: $6.

1/9: irked.gif Sushi: $35. Breaking Bad: $6.

1/10: irked.gif yummy.gif Seeds for the garden: $46. Breaking Bad: $4.

1/11: irked.gif Movie+snacks: $52. Dinner: $30. 

1/12: thumb.gif yummy.gif

1/13: thumb.gif yummy.gif Groceries: $157 (budgeted).

1/14: thumb.gif yummy.gif

1/15: irked.gif Pizza: $52. Groceries: $40. 

1/16: irked.gif Sour cream: $3. 

1/17: thumb.gif yummy.gif Groceries: $127 (budgeted). DD8's art class: $72 (budgeted). Gas for car: $20 (budgeted). 

1/18: 

1/19: 

1/20: 

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#125 of 177 Old 01-17-2014, 11:37 PM

Jan. 18 

Well... we got word back today about dh's transfer. It's a no. The supervisor that had to do that approval for the transfer shot it down. So now we have to invent a plan B. On the upside I got my check today and it was more than I expected from working a little extra last week plus I made some money tonight. I also picked up an extra day this coming up week. Since dh isn't getting transferred he doesn't have to take any classes so at least his work schedule and pay schedule will stay the same so I can plan and know what to do. Just gotta work on that plan B now...

#126 of 177 Old 01-18-2014, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post

Well... we got word back today about dh's transfer. It's a no. The supervisor that had to do that approval for the transfer shot it down. So now we have to invent a plan B. On the upside I got my check today and it was more than I expected from working a little extra last week plus I made some money tonight. I also picked up an extra day this coming up week. Since dh isn't getting transferred he doesn't have to take any classes so at least his work schedule and pay schedule will stay the same so I can plan and know what to do. Just gotta work on that plan B now...

Oh no, I'm really sorry :grouphug My DH just recently had something similar happen to him too. It's so frustrating guilty.gif

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#127 of 177 Old 01-18-2014, 09:52 AM

melissel - I'm sorry about your husband. It does suck that we've spent the last 6 months working on trying to get this for him to have it get shut down at the last minute by one guy. We'll have to figure out a plan B when he gets home. At least he still has his job though!!! He's been laid off before so I'm thankful it's not anything that drastic.

#128 of 177 Old 01-19-2014, 12:28 PM

Not much left in our grocery budget for the month. I can't imagine being able to stay on budget, we will at the least need produce & fresh stuff. There is a big sale at a local clothing store and I am so tempted to check it out. I don't have many clothes that fit (due to weight loss) although if I continue losing I'll have a few things that will fit soon.

:love no spending

:thumb budgeted spending

:p no driving/stay home

:( unplanned spending

1- :love

2-:thumb Costco & HFS- groceries, diapers & laundry detergent  

3-:love:p 

4-:thumb bought vitamins

5-:thumb:p dh bought groceries

6-:thumb um, more groceries, just what dh forgot yesterday

7-:thumb library fines ($28!!)

8-:love

9- :love

10-:thumb:pdh got groceries

11-:thumb hfs groceries, stocked up on GF bread on sale

12-:( not planned spending, but still fit in our budget

13-:thumb just a few groceries

14-:thumb um, more groceries

15-:love

16-:thumb groceries

17-:thumb more groceries, this time the hfs

18-:love

19-

20-

21-

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#129 of 177 Old 01-19-2014, 01:25 PM

Cheap, chilly weekend close to home.  We are headed out today to help a friend make sausages.  Their family slaughtered a last pig yesterday, so lots to be done.  And of course, I bought more groceries this morning.  My hungry people eat a lot.  Seems like I buy food constantly and I do, but dh and I have both lost weight in the past few months, so I am not overbuying.  We are just eating less of the cheap stuff and more veggies and lean meats.  It is great, though I will be like *green*faery soon and in need of clothes.  Nice problem to have.  :D

December 31 -- :thumb gas and groceries, nono.gif 3.00 to vacuum out the van, nono.gif 18.50 New Year's Eve trip for ice cream

January 16 -- nono.gif 16.50 pj bottoms for dd's pajama day at school, :thumb groceries

January 18 -- :thumb

January 19 -- :thumb more groceries

January 20

January 21

January 22

January 23

#130 of 177 Old 01-19-2014, 03:27 PM

The girls begged me to go to Panera for lunch yesterday, and I caved. We have a budget for eating out, but I still consider it unnecessary spending. I also spent $30 over budget on groceries (needed supplies to complete my soup meal), including some junk (cookies, Smartfood popcorn *shame*) that we REALLY didn't need.

Today we stayed in and focused on schoolwork and cleaning, although I did spend $3 on a Kindle book that was recommended to me by a friend. I always said I would choose a real book over an ebook every time, but I have to say, I can really see the appeal of having all my books in one super-slim, easy-to-transport package. The downside is that it's SOOOOO easy to just snag a Kindle book via Amazon for total instant gratification. I don't regret buying the book, but whew, it's such a temptation in general! Especially considering that the book I'm currently reading is something like 700 pages long, and when it hits me in the face as I'm falling asleep, it hurts a lot more than my Kindle does :irked I could get it for my Kindle for $6, but I'm fighting the urge hard!

Key: 

----------------------

No-unbudgeted-spending days: 9/31

1/4: irked.gif School books/slide kit: $65 (budgeted, used GC). Dinner out: $25. Library fines: hammer.gif

1/7: thumb.gif yummy.gif Student planners: $8 (budgeted). Groceries: $14 (budgeted). Pedeggs: $8 (budgeted). 

1/8: irked.gif yummy.gif DD8's class: $20 (budgeted). ETA: Breaking Bad episodes: $6.

1/17: thumb.gif yummy.gif Groceries: $127 (budgeted). DD8's art class: $72 (budgeted). Gas for car: $20 (budgeted). 

1/18: irked.gif  Groceries: $30 (over budget). Panera: $28. 

1/19: irked.gif yummy.gif Ebook: $3.

1/20: 

#131 of 177 Old 01-20-2014, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)

1   :throb No spend.

2   :throb

3   :throb *Disciplined* spending

4   shine.gif  Groceries :sipCoffee $2.50 .  Snacks for dd2.  All planned.

5   :2whistle DH and I ate lunch out, $20

6   :2whistle Snacks and candy, $6.35

7   :2whistle Grrr... $8.75

8   :throb Snacks, $2.38......

9   shine.gif  Groceries

10 shine.gif Planned spending.  Family swim.

11 :throb No spend

12 :2whistleSnacks for trip to sister's.  Planned, but kind of wasteful.

13 shine.gif Groceries

14 :throb No spend

15 shine.gif  Groceries.  Snacks.  :sipCoffee $2.50

16 :2whistleSnack for me.  However, :throb bought what we needed from the thrift store (a girl's belt) and left.  Spent $1.07.

17 :2whistleLunch out and :sipCoffee for me $2.25.

18 :sip Coffee.  $2.00 with tip.  Otherwise, no spend.

19 :throb No spend

As you can see, I haven't been keeping any coffee at home.  But I've been good and getting just a double Americano with a splash of half-n-half.  And no whip cream.  *sigh*  that's the yummy part, but I don't need the calories.  *sigh*

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#132 of 177 Old 01-20-2014, 11:02 AM

Jan. 18: :( $7.06  ($3.21 was on mcdonald's since I forgot to bring dinner to work :( Not good)

Jan. 19: :wink

Jan. 20: :o $8.11

I have to confess here... I smoke. I KNOW how bad it is and how expensive. That's why I never do well on these challenges. I can keep other spending down but feel shame in reporting my spends because of the smoking especially on a natural living forum. I'm tired of doing it though and want to make progress here so I'm staying in the challenge and reporting. I've set a goal to be done by no later than the end of Feb by cutting back between now and then. I can do it. Until then the shame will continue but I'm not quitting the challenge this time!

#133 of 177 Old 01-20-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post

I have to confess here... I smoke. I KNOW how bad it is and how expensive. That's why I never do well on these challenges. I can keep other spending down but feel shame in reporting my spends because of the smoking especially on a natural living forum. I'm tired of doing it though and want to make progress here so I'm staying in the challenge and reporting. I've set a goal to be done by no later than the end of Feb by cutting back between now and then. I can do it. Until then the shame will continue but I'm not quitting the challenge this time!

:grouphug We're all fighting our own demons. Stay in the challenge and take baby steps, and be proud of yourself for taking them. 

#134 of 177 Old 01-20-2014, 09:40 PM

Ugh, had to take a no-spend day away from myself because I forgot that, on Friday, I registered the kids for a homeschool class at a nearby science museum and bought a family membership at the same time (provides discounts, etc.). I also forgot to include $10 I donated to a medical-related fundraising campaign for a friend of a friend. Today I did great, except that I bought a Frosty to split with DH on the way home from my parents' tonight--this thread didn't even cross my mind until just now! Bummer, less than $2 and I blew a no-spend day on it.

Key: 

----------------------

No-unbudgeted-spending days: 8/31

1/17: irked.gif yummy.gif Groceries: $127 (budgeted). DD8's art class: $72 (budgeted). Gas for car: $20 (budgeted). Homeschool class registration and museum membership: $220 (out of school budget, but not specifically budgeted).

1/20: irked.gif yummy.gif Wendy's Frosty: $2.

1/21: 

1/22: 

1/23:

1/24: 

1/25: 

#135 of 177 Old 01-21-2014, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissel View Post

:grouphug We're all fighting our own demons. Stay in the challenge and take baby steps, and be proud of yourself for taking them. 

+1 !! Keep on truckin'!

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (14) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

#136 of 177 Old 01-21-2014, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I realized something that probably has saved me $100 this month - I haven't gone into Target. Somehow I always get tempted there into spending more. I was able to get some household things we needed at Whole Foods, where I did some grocery shopping yesterday, so I skipped the trip there. I probably paid more per unit, but less overall. There are still a couple of things I need that I can only get at T., but I plan to go and get them quickly, then get out!

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (14) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

#137 of 177 Old 01-21-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post

I realized something that probably has saved me $100 this month - I haven't gone into Target. Somehow I always get tempted there into spending more. I was able to get some household things we needed at Whole Foods, where I did some grocery shopping yesterday, so I skipped the trip there. I probably paid more per unit, but less overall. There are still a couple of things I need that I can only get at T., but I plan to go and get them quickly, then get out!

So true. I have that problem at the grocery store too. I just went to the store for potatoes and came home with $27 worth of vegetables, plus milk because it's snowing and the kids like it when I make hot cocoa when it snows :2whistle Can you order the items you need from Amazon or Target.com or Vitacost or...somewhere else? That often saves me, but then again I have Amazon Prime and a Target credit card, so I don't have to meet a shipping threshold. 

#138 of 177 Old 01-21-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post

LOL this is me too! Although I don't have a Target, the local Walmart tends to have the same effect. I've been doing good about not going into the stores or only running in for what I need. Posting all spending here helps since I don't want to be the "bad girl" for the day lol. 

Thanks for the support everyone! I already wish I didn't do it and most of my friends could care less but I feel bad when I'm around people who don't smoke, especially coming here! I do all the things to make my family and home safer and healthier then I do one horrible thing to muck it all up. BUT I'm working on it and I'm getting there. I may even start a thread somewhere in case any one else wants to join me quitting and is too embarrassed to admit to smoking here lol.

#139 of 177 Old 01-21-2014, 09:03 AM

Pretty chill weekend.  I took the kids bowling yesterday -- it was half price since the kids had the day off.  $9 and they had a great time.   We also put in some hours with friends who raise pigs.  We made 100 pounds of sausage to dry and they paid us handsomely with a few sausages and a nice belly to make bacon.  I have everything to do the bacon, just need to get it curing this morning.  We also boiled some nice bones for broth and I have that chilled in the fridge.  Our soups are going to be extra good. 

Today should be no spend. 

January 20 -- nono.gif 9.00 to take kids bowling,  :D 1.00 for the tooth fairy, :thumb TP and laundry soap

January 21 --

January 22

January 23

#140 of 177 Old 01-21-2014, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

9   shine.gif  Groceries

13 shine.gif Groceries

16 :2whistleSnack for me.  However, :throb bought what we needed from the thrift store (a girl's belt) and left.  Spent $1.07.

19 shine.gif Planned spending

20  :2whistleGroceries.  Snacks.:sip.  Not frugal, but very reasonable.  Bought pajama pants pattern.

Lost my no-spend on the 19th because I realized I ordered a Seahawks-colored gymnastics leotard for dd1's 9th birthday (which is on Superbowl Sunday).  I decided on those colors before, but a Seahawks Superbowl Birthday Party really clinched the decision.  We have 2 parties that weekend.  One we are providing lunch and cake, and then Sunday we go to my sister's house and are ordering a big cake.  Just as I think I'm done spending for birthdays, I have to fork over money for food and cake.  Bah!  Humbug.

The pajama pants I will be making from a patchwork of thrift-store cashmere sweaters.  Cozy.

#141 of 177 Old 01-22-2014, 10:54 AM

19 :thumb

20 :irked $55 Budgeted (groceries $43 and medicine $12)

I really thought I could go a whole month without spending hardly anything :laughHa!  Interestingly, most of it was social/family obligations.  That was a surprise to me.  I have only spent $4 on something completely frivolous.  I am putting off some spending for next month and it is already adding up.  So far I need 5 kids birthday presents.  I was thinking for each a $15 gift card to a bookstore in a homemade origami box.  That's $75!

What is really working for me is making a list of what I want (not a necessity) but that can be put off until the next month.  Something already dropped off my list.  I will make the purchases on the very first of the month, and then start a new list.  This way I have time to think about if I really need something.

#142 of 177 Old 01-22-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssantos View Post
I really thought I could go a whole month without spending hardly anything :laughHa!  Interestingly, most of it was social/family obligations.  That was a surprise to me.  I have only spent $4 on something completely frivolous.  I am putting off some spending for next month and it is already adding up.  So far I need 5 kids birthday presents.  I was thinking for each a $15 gift card to a bookstore in a homemade origami box.  That's $75!

What is really working for me is making a list of what I want (not a necessity) but that can be put off until the next month.  Something already dropped off my list.  I will make the purchases on the very first of the month, and then start a new list.  This way I have time to think about if I really need something.

It's eye-opening, isn't it? I've done better this month than I have in awhile, and I'm still spending unnecessarily nearly every day! 

That's a very good idea about the list.

#143 of 177 Old 01-22-2014, 04:54 PM

Forgot that I needed potatoes to complete my dinner recipe last night (rustic shrimp stew, seriously the best meal ever), so I ran out in the morning to get them. Also picked up leeks (to use for soup with the remainder of the potatoes, but now I need chicken broth!) and some other fruit/veggies and milk. While it was all groceries, and healthy ones at that, it was still over budget. Tonight DH, who has been feeling kind of down, really wanted to go out to dinner and he had a Visa gift card, so we did that. Still unplanned and unnecessary, but not horrible. I really need to dig in and try to save the rest of the month!

Key: 

----------------------

No-unbudgeted-spending days: 8/31

1/17: irked.gif yummy.gif Groceries: $127 (budgeted). DD8's art class: $72 (budgeted). Gas for car: $20 (budgeted). Homeschool class registration and museum membership: $220 (out of school budget, but not specifically budgeted).

1/20: irked.gif yummy.gif Wendy's Frosty: $2.

1/21: irked.gif yummy.gif Groceries: $27 (over budget).

1/22: irked.gif DD8's class: $20 (budgeted). Dinner out with DH: $50.

1/23:

1/24: 

1/25:

#144 of 177 Old 01-22-2014, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

9   shine.gif  Groceries

13 shine.gif Groceries

20  :2whistleGroceries.  Snacks.:sip.  Not frugal, but very reasonable.  Bought pajama pants pattern.

21 :2whistle Ack.  Minimart snacks.  Came out of their snack fund, but then I buy a goodie too half the time.

22 :2whistle Got talked into french fries and pop at a place we haven't been to for a while.

Nickeled and dimed.  Nickeled and dimed.  I simply cannot say "no" to the little stuff.  Sigh.

#145 of 177 Old 01-23-2014, 07:34 AM

Spent some money on vitamins/meds yesterday.  I had blood work done a couple of weeks ago and I am shockingly low for Vitamin D and iron.  Hmmm...I never take anything, just eat well and get outside, but I guess that is not enough right any more. 

Also, took my son to Goodwill to pick up a white shirt for a concert he is in this weekend.  While there, I found a sweatshirt and a water bottle that the kids needed. 

Not sure about today.  DD and I are leaving tomorrow for a science meet and we need some food to take on the road.  Will probably hit up the grocery store while I am out. 

January 20 -- nono.gif 9.00 to take kids bowling,  :D 1.00 for the tooth fairy, :thumb TP and laundry soap

January 21 -- :thumb

January 22 -- :thumb 55.00 vitamins, :thumb 11.00 second hand clothes

January 23 --

#146 of 177 Old 01-23-2014, 08:22 AM

Jan. 18: :( $7.06  ($3.21 was on mcdonald's since I forgot to bring dinner to work :( Not good)

Jan. 21: :wink 

Jan. 22: :o Propane bottle refill. 

I got offered extra time at work. One day a week to do inventory and I'll get paid for 8 hrs regardless of actual time spent. That's great since it won't be a long job once I get it started. Also got offered an extra night a week although I'm not sure if I can do that one with the kids and school. I have a list of things I need to get and I'm working on the list before buying, might even wait til the first of the month.

#147 of 177 Old 01-24-2014, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

9   shine.gif  Groceries

13 shine.gif Groceries

21 :2whistle Ack.  Minimart snacks.  Came out of their snack fund, but then I buy a goodie too half the time.

22 :2whistle Got talked into french fries and pop at a place we haven't been to for a while.

23 shine.gif Finally a smiley face.  Groceries.

Today should just be some coffee, as it's a work day and I like to be caffeinated.  I'm meeting a NEW CLIENT who might be just what I am looking for, or she could be another "craigslist client", impatient and prone to whims.  She's not cheap, a least, which is another problem with those people.  I've done really well, though, posting on craigslist this time around.  My first response netted me a job, and I've had several responses, 2 of which seem to be turning into something regular.  I'll know at the end of February.

#148 of 177 Old 01-24-2014, 07:49 AM

We have spent our whole grocery budget and there is one week left in the month. We wouldn't starve if we didn't buy any groceries for a week but we would be out of all produce. I'm going to make a big pot of veggie chili today. Will have to buy as little as possible.  

:love no spending

:thumb budgeted spending

:p no driving/stay home

:( unplanned spending

1- :love 

2-:thumb Costco & HFS- groceries, diapers & laundry detergent  

3-:love:p 

4-:thumb bought vitamins

5-:thumb:p dh bought groceries

6-:thumb um, more groceries, just what dh forgot yesterday

7-:thumb library fines ($28!!)

8-:love

9- :love

10-:thumb:pdh got groceries

11-:thumb hfs groceries, stocked up on GF bread on sale

12-:( not planned spending, but still fit in our budget

13-:thumb just a few groceries

14-:thumb um, more groceries

15-:love

16-:thumb groceries

17-:thumb more groceries, this time the hfs

18-:love

19-:love

20-:love

21-:thumb:( planned groceries, unplanned order for essential oils & spent about $20extra at Target

22-:love

23-:thumb groceries

24-

25-

26-

27-

28-

29-

30-

31-

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#149 of 177 Old 01-24-2014, 12:43 PM

Jan. 21: :wink 

Jan. 22: :o Propane bottle refill. 

Jan. 23: :( Lunch out while running errands

Jan. 24: :( Ate out again today since we were out of town for the doc. Also went thrift shopping and bought a couple of cheap items to make my living room better - sheets to cover the couch, curtains to partition off to save on heating, and a couple of cheap throw pillows to match it all.

I always seem to run the roads and spend more money when dh is home. I know it'd take spending money right now but I think I need to invest in good lunchbox type stuff to start carrying drinks and food with us when we leave town. I do have a nice ice chest that was purchased for sports games although I'd need some more ice boxes and such for it so I didn't have to buy ice for it. Something to think about. I'm working on my list of various things we need to buy so I can plan my shopping and need to consider this. I'm working on trying to find things to start cutting out some of the things we buy that could be taken off the list.

#150 of 177 Old 01-25-2014, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

9   shine.gif  Groceries

13 shine.gif Groceries

23 shine.gif Finally a smiley face.  Groceries.

24 :sip Coffee.  $3 with tip.  splat.gifOnly 7.50 but still.....

Bought the crappiest deli food.  Greasy.  I tried to get veggies but ended up with 9 green beans.  I was hungry, ate some and the rest will be compost.  Seriously.  It could have cost me half and I'd be equally pissed.  I mean, see all that money squandered up there?  Yet this is the first angry icon this month.  Blech.  I have to stop thinking about it.  Blech.

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page