2014 Low Income Support Thread - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 54Likes

#271 of 1137 Old 02-15-2014, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Money troubles here too. I'm getting a check from one of my side gigs, and trying to decide what to do with it. I should have about $180 extra after paying everything that absolutely has to be paid this month. We are late on property taxes, owe about $800 plus penalties & interest. I know the county will do a payment plan, but my income is too iffy to get on it I think. I need to go down there & find out the details. I can't decide if I should pay the $180 towards the taxes, leaving me nothing to run on for next month, or hold it back to pay next month's bills & hope I can somehow get enough ebay sales to pay the taxes. This month ebay is just not doing that great.

Listing things to Craigslist & ebay today. Trying to make more money. Going on Monday thrifting to try to make another box to send to my side gig so I can get paid again. Working today taking photos of more books to list on a couple FB homeschooling resale groups.

Greatfuls:

~Full fridge & freezer, and lots of bread.

~The rash on my hand is getting better!

~Money to work with, even if I am not sure what to do with it.

~good thrift shops

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 1137 Old 02-15-2014, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ugh, waiting for my final US tax refund.  Unfortunately, it was rejected by the bank (errantly) but was issued in my maiden name.  All my ID here is in my married name. 

I would really just like to have it resolved, and not be in limbo about it. 

#273 of 1137 Old 02-15-2014, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Upgrading and replacing seems to be the name of the game this weekend.  Hit a supesale at kohls and had kohls cash. Got a vacuum for $45.  DS does my cleaning and he is ummmmm  hard on the equipment , we havnet vacuumed in months.  Not bad $$ for original price of $139.  Got a patio set so we can actually use the outside space here and it gives me somewhere to go and sit, orderd online from target, extra  discount, free delivery and bonus goodies.  also needed another storage basket thingy for the living room.  super sale at kohls w. kohls cash last weekend and extra % off.

Kid needed shorts this weekend, seems hes thinneed out and is a perfect 30W and all his shorts are 34's.  lovely.   The bleeding never stops... never...

its getting HOT here... 80's in the afternooon...  

i need a new airfilter for teh a/c which im sure is coming soon.  i need lightbulbs (costco) and some misc. things.

been using some things from the pantry.  made a gf/df cake thats pretty yummy  1-2-3 gluten free is the brand.   found pork chops for tomorrow and sis sent me her unwanted george foreman so we have that now too!  

MIGHT GO cash in the change and get a gift card to someplace... just seems times.... ya know?

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#274 of 1137 Old 02-15-2014, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post

Satori, I doon't know about every complex but I literally just moved into HUD housing 2 weeks ago.  It's lovely and quiet.  It's set up in buildings iwth 3 units in each.  Each unit is a floor of the building.  There's several playgrounds on site plus basketball courts.  The rules are very strict about what you can and cannot do but it's super quiet and I've never even met the people in my building, just the building next to us.  I think you should look into it where you want to go.  We were living in substandard housing according to the agency that runs my complex and that put my kids and I at risk for homelessness so we literally moved in less than 2 weeks after my application was put in with all the attached documents.  Typical rent for a 2 bedroom here runs around $1000 a month.  I pay $623.

I think this house would qualify as substandard easy, its 108years old and hasn't been maintained. The side of the house and flooring is rotting through in one room (found after we moved in and was tracking down drafts) which I've blocked off, we have a family of raccoons living under the house and in the attic and the LL refuses to do anything about it. They took out 2 of the 100 year old cottonwoods trees and thanks to the shaking caused by falling limbs (the trees were HUGE) nails started appearing out of the walls. When you crank up the heat it starts smelling like wet dog and I'm pretty sure thats mold. I found evidence in the kitchen someone scrubbed out the mold before we moved in. We moved in in Oct in desperation since I couldn't get a place and my parents kicked us out because they couldn't deal with my kids SN issues anymore and with my credit trashed from defaulted student loans I couldn't get a place, I just paid my final payment in my rehab plan and within 60 days all the neg info will get removed so we can find a place. Just trying to move money around to make it work but I need to get the car fixed and won't know the final damage on that till its done hopefully next week and I'm waiting to hear back from the Dr's office, I really really want to be seen but I may have to wait, I don't think dd13 can wait though. Assuming the car doesn't cost more then $300 and we skipped the Dr we could afford the move, including moving our stuff, I'm just terrified we won't get another chance, its dang near impossible to come up with that kinda money. Either way we need to get the defaults off my credit report before I even try getting a place. ugh, just remembered I need to spend $150 or so on kitchen stuff too that can't wait.

Seriously?
#275 of 1137 Old 02-17-2014, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
So we mucho overdid on groceries this week but the pantry is overflowing, my fridge and kitchen are stocked and I even turned on the chest freezer again. Im crazy happy and feel we can really get back on our healthy clean diets again. There are a few more things I want to eventually upgrade too but I feel Im about 75 percent where I want to be in my budget. We are off to visit my grandpa for his 82nd birthday. The kids made some cookies for him. Then later on I plan on doing a hair mask with honey, cinnamon and olive oil and make apple sauce.
#276 of 1137 Old 02-17-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post

I think this house would qualify as substandard easy, its 108years old and hasn't been maintained. The side of the house and flooring is rotting through in one room (found after we moved in and was tracking down drafts) which I've blocked off, we have a family of raccoons living under the house and in the attic and the LL refuses to do anything about it. They took out 2 of the 100 year old cottonwoods trees and thanks to the shaking caused by falling limbs (the trees were HUGE) nails started appearing out of the walls. When you crank up the heat it starts smelling like wet dog and I'm pretty sure thats mold. I found evidence in the kitchen someone scrubbed out the mold before we moved in. We moved in in Oct in desperation since I couldn't get a place and my parents kicked us out because they couldn't deal with my kids SN issues anymore and with my credit trashed from defaulted student loans I couldn't get a place, I just paid my final payment in my rehab plan and within 60 days all the neg info will get removed so we can find a place. Just trying to move money around to make it work but I need to get the car fixed and won't know the final damage on that till its done hopefully next week and I'm waiting to hear back from the Dr's office, I really really want to be seen but I may have to wait, I don't think dd13 can wait though. Assuming the car doesn't cost more then $300 and we skipped the Dr we could afford the move, including moving our stuff, I'm just terrified we won't get another chance, its dang near impossible to come up with that kinda money. Either way we need to get the defaults off my credit report before I even try getting a place. ugh, just remembered I need to spend $150 or so on kitchen stuff too that can't wait.

Definitely!  You totally have a case.  I qualified for HUD housing because the wiring in my house wasn't up to code and we kept blowing fuses because the circuits were overloaded.  He did the wiring all himself and he never ran it through the main ground so there was no fail-safe for the circuits so when the ground from the street ripped off the house, everything surged and SHOULD have tripped the ground in the house but it wasn't tied in because he bypassed it.  So all my electronics fried and several wires melted and nearly started a fire.  Three times int he last year he's left me without heat for more than 24 hours in the winter.  There were water spots and mold all over the place and leaks in multiple rooms.  Grey water from the shower was leaking through my kitchen ceiling onto the cabinets and the counter.  The roof was leaking into the attic and bubbling the paint in the bedrooms and causing plaster to drop on the floors, which of course was exposing lead paint since the house is almost 100 years old.    But it was mostly just the landlord not fixing anything. It was a death trap.  Less than 24 hours after we left that house, my younger two with asthma were sounding remarkably better.  Within a week, I started tapering them off their meds because they weren't coughing at night anymore.  So we've been out for 2 weeks now and obviously they still take meds but unless they are sick or exposed to a trigger(cig smoke), I don't hear them hacking or whee*ing.  The change is just mind-blowing.  If I were you, I would look into HUD housing or section 8 and see what their waiting list is.  There's 3 complexes in my town and one doesn't do emergency housing.  The other two do.  We got in on an emergency basis and bypassed the waiting list because we were at a high risk of homelessness.  If you have an eviction notice, you can get in that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post

So we mucho overdid on groceries this week but the pantry is overflowing, my fridge and kitchen are stocked and I even turned on the chest freezer again. Im crazy happy and feel we can really get back on our healthy clean diets again. There are a few more things I want to eventually upgrade too but I feel Im about 75 percent where I want to be in my budget. We are off to visit my grandpa for his 82nd birthday. The kids made some cookies for him. Then later on I plan on doing a hair mask with honey, cinnamon and olive oil and make apple sauce.

I know how happy having a stockpile of food makes you and how much it stresses you not to have a good bit in the house.  I'm so glad that's one less weight on you right now.  Let me know how that hair mask works.  My hair is a nasty mess of winter fri** and dryness lately.  Not sure how to go about fixing it.

Gratefuls: 

-sheer Yankee ingenuity on my dad's part.  We slid across an intersection sideways Saturday night during a bli**ard and slammed into a curb and bent my rim on my front wheel.  I was SURE it would break the bank to fix but I called a salvage yard on his suggestion and got a rim for $40 plus $10 to put my original tire on the rim.  Saved myself $200.

-that my dad taught my sister and I how to drive in the snow and ice when we were teenagers.  I may have slid sideways across that on-ramp and hit a curb but I broad-sided it instead of sliding along it and saved my tire from blowing out AND we missed a yield sign literally by 6 inches.  It was a downhill turn that I lost it on and the back end of the car fishtailed and I straightened it out but couldn't stop the slide.  It could have been SO much worse had I not been taught how to drive in snow and ice from a young age.  We had cars behind us and we could have spun out and smashed not only a yield sign but a guardrail and gone over into a ditch.

-got a pile of yarn from my Christmas gifts awaiting me with some episodes of Dexter in my netflix list for tonight.  

-my ex came over yesterday and helped me shovel out my parking spot from Saturday's bli**ard since I got plowed in.  Just in time for tomorrow's bli**ard.  HA!

-it's vacation week from school for the kids so we get to sleep in in the mornings this week.  I'm LOVING not waking up until 7 or 7:30am and having only 3 kids to feed instead of 6 kids at 6am.  SO quiet and relaxing.  

-I finally bought myself those winter boots I needed so badly.  My toes are toasty warm and it was worth borrowing my mom's boots for a few weeks to save up.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#277 of 1137 Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union View Post

Wow ! I have gone through the same situation one a half year ago. The unemployment run out and  I was not able to find any type of job; I applied in different places but nothing. I started tutoring Spanish, babysitting well doing all kind of jobs in order to survive until I found this job online a few months ago. It has helped me to supplement my income; it is a free risk job. At the same time that I found that online job, I was called to work in a Call center. I was hired and now, I am working on the call center and at the same time on this online job. The online job is providing extra income to home and I am able to save money. I am not sure if you want to hear more about it. However, I wish you the best on finding a job really quick. Positive thoughts and prays are been sent to you!! :)

Yeah I would love more information about it. I've been applying everywhere that is hiring where I live. Today I found out the hospital down the street from me is hiring a phlebotomist again, so of course I jumped on that offer, they want 1 year experience but are accepting new graduates, and I graduated in december and got my certificate last month. We will see how things go. I would live to baby sit to make extra $ but I live with my sister and brother in law and they don't like anyone in their house. So its a no go for me. I was watching kids before at my old house and I was making about $400 extra a month. I pray that I will find a good job soon that will be flexible with my school and daycare schedule.

Stephanie, 25, Single parent to DS (7/10). I
Part Time Cake Decorator & Full-time Student

BS1: Completed 5/3/14
BS2: Credit Card Debt: Completed 5/18/14, Phone Acct: 6/20/14, Personal Loan: $4069.97
#278 of 1137 Old 02-17-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union View Post

That is great that you have gotten your Certificated last month,Congratulations on that!! :) . That is going to help you a lot on your job research; you will be fine. Remember confidence is the key ;). Are you still going to school? On what are you mayoring in? That is amazing.I will love to show you more about the online job. Just sent me an email to p.amaya0402@gmail.com so I can tell you more in detail about it. 

I am going to a community college right now and I have classes all day tuesday and thursdays. But I can not work on Sundays if I get a job due to no childcare on that day. My major is in paramedics. I am currently taking an EMT class which is about 5 hours every tues and thurs. I'll send you email about more info. thank you.

BS2: Credit Card Debt: Completed 5/18/14, Phone Acct: 6/20/14, Personal Loan: $4069.97
#279 of 1137 Old 02-17-2014, 10:53 PM

Justmama, I try to do the hair mask once a week or so. It keeps my hair shiny and frizz free. It usually brings out the blonde too but this time I think I used too much cinnamon and not enough honey. Also if you have a trader joes nearby they have a very nice lotion thats helping dhs hands. His looked just like yours. Its only four bucks here and he saw improvement in a day.
#280 of 1137 Old 02-18-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post

Justmama, I try to do the hair mask once a week or so. It keeps my hair shiny and frizz free. It usually brings out the blonde too but this time I think I used too much cinnamon and not enough honey. Also if you have a trader joes nearby they have a very nice lotion thats helping dhs hands. His looked just like yours. Its only four bucks here and he saw improvement in a day.

Ooooh, tell me more!  What kind of amts do you use?  And what's the lotion? We have a Trader Joe's on my way to work. My A&D all night under mittens plus rubber gloves for washing dishes is working slowly but surely.  

#281 of 1137 Old 02-18-2014, 10:49 AM

I just throw together the hair mask. Start with honey, and olive oil til its stirable and add a dash of cinnamon. Its recommended to stay on eight hours but Ive never left it on longer than three. The lotion is called midsummers night cream, its the only lotion they carried at our store other than a coconut/shea butter blend, which might also help you. They had tge same out of the midsummers cream and dh felt instant relief, plus no burning, so we picked it up.

As for me, up a bit early. Everybody was a bit restless. Yesterday I managed to be extremely productive- cleaning. Decluttering, rearranging and cooking. Dont know that today will be a repeat though lol. Crockpot chicken for dinner and sending kiddos out to play. And coffee. Mmm coffee.
#282 of 1137 Old 02-18-2014, 08:24 PM

My three yr old is going through a major growth spurt. The weather better get warm soon or he will be out of clothes! I had to pull out a pair of shoes I luckily saved for him(a boys pair I got a great deal on for dd) and now Im on the lookout. Meanwhile poor dh is sick but he is still working bc nobody can go in fr him.
#283 of 1137 Old 02-18-2014, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Yuck happyhat. That sucks. I hope dh gets better soon and you can find some cheap things for lo to last til it warms up. Try checking thrift stores since they should be marking down their already cheaper winter stuff by now (depending on your area). I know a lot of winter clothing is already on sale here. We've been warm all week this week so I'm hoping we're getting closer to spring. I really need to go through our clothes but haven't mustered up the courage yet. I know I need stuff but everyone else should be mostly ok except a few filler pieces for the kids. 

Good news... my tax return was FINALLY approved and should get here by the end of the week. Yayyy!!!! I'm figuring and refiguring everything to find the best way to make use of the money. It'll mostly be for paying on medical bills, some on my student loans, and whatever I can to savings. I know I really need to make a list of things I do actually need to buy though with the money.

We really need to make some changes to get more money coming in since dh is making way too little for us to ever get out of this spiral of low income/debt. I'm considering going to work FT again but have serious lack of child care here. Dh could maybe change jobs and make more but I really don't want him to change jobs again so I just don't know what to do. *sigh*

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#284 of 1137 Old 02-19-2014, 02:40 AM

I put a request on both my freecycle sites and another mommy site for shoes. He has two pairs for now so Im not panicing. As far as the clothes Im probably going to pull down the clothes boxes this weekend and see wgat we can use. I think there is some tshirts and jeans.
#285 of 1137 Old 02-19-2014, 12:11 PM

Yay the tax return is finally pending on my account. It's still pending but is showing on my available balance so I should have it in there good tomorrow. I'm soooo relieved now! 

I just paid off 4 of the smaller medical bills. Once the tax return hits the bank acct I'll pay off two more of them leaving us only 2 medical bills to be paying on. It feels so good to get some of that taken care of. Still debating what else to do with the money but dh comes in tonight so we'll be sitting down and working out a game plan together.

I *might* have found a way to make it possible for us to still move later this year. We have to go over the details more and double check everything but it would be a huge help with our finances if we could make it happen. I'm hoping to get some things taken care of and have a clearer picture of our goals after this week with dh here. Feeling very hopeful today :)

#286 of 1137 Old 02-22-2014, 04:08 PM

Wow this thread has been quiet the past few days - everyone okay?

We are still here, still chugging along. Managed to hit a good sale on sweaters, so am a little closer to the tax money due now. Got a disconnect notice on my elec. bill - gotta call the agency I am waiting on an app from to see if that speeds the app up at all. If not, then will put it on a payment plan to buy a little time.

Greatfuls:

~Free groceries. Thanks to that, it's the 22nd of the month and I still have $5 left on my FS card. And we have more than enough to coast to the end of the month. And I even got free flowers today!

~Dollar night at the Rodeo last night. For the grand total of $9 {$4 of which was bus fare}, we had an evening out. DD got to see a ton of animals, we ate samples for dinner, and she rode a couple carnival rides. She had a blast.

~DD needed a pair of sandals, as it's starting to get warm here & her sneakers are getting worn out / too snug & hurting her feet. Went hunting in the too big tote, and found a pair of sandals I picked up last fall at the local blessings bash - perfect fit & they even velcro so she can put them on herself.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#287 of 1137 Old 02-22-2014, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Im here... struggling.

yarn club is my social outlet, my creative outlet, costs nothing and i get to be around adults.... well dang it, there is super drama with yarn club and one person is ruining it for everyone and the meetup leader refuses to get a backbone and fix the problem.  This person makes people cry (others besides mee), shes rude, inconsiderant, and just down right nasty.   I loved yarn club but its becoming bad for me.  This makes me sad because yarn was my excuse out of the house... my social life etc...  i hatet hat one person can ruin everything like this...

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#288 of 1137 Old 02-22-2014, 08:38 PM

I'm doing okay. Got a notice in the mail stating my cash aid will be increased by $25. $25 may not seem like much but to me it is! I've been living off of about $490 a month since November. I also go news that I might be getting $99 a week for extended unemployment benefits. That will help me out tremendously! Today I also got called for a job interview for David's Bridal for next Tuesday at 3pm. I'm super excited, I hope I get the job that way I can get off cash aid and pay off my cc debt faster and put 1k in my BEF. So far this weekend has been filled with blessings. I am also starting a 15 day reboot so I can start eating right again and exercising like I used to, but that starts tomorrow. :joy

#289 of 1137 Old 02-23-2014, 09:10 AM

Had a rough couple of days.  I thought for SURE that I had someone lined up to finally love my cats and adopt them.  I was supposed to deliver them tonight.  She texted me this morning backing out.  bawling.gif

Slid across an intersection and ruined my rim during a snowstorm.  Was able to get the used one from the salvage place for $50 but still.......it's $50.  

Dropped $300 for a down payment for my middle daughter's braces today.  That hurt.  Bad.  Her dad is supposed to split medical bills with me 50/50 but he put up a huge stink about waiting until her adult teeth are in that I can't bear to fight with him over this.  So now I'm stuck paying $1428 by myself.

I've spent $200 in groceries in the last week.  Ugh.  

Just having a hard time.  Having a hard time being grateful too.  :(

#290 of 1137 Old 02-23-2014, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I am sorry about your cats Justmama. I know how stressfull and heartbreaking that is..My 16 year old female had a stroke Sunday night..I had to let her go Monday morning greensad.gif When your pets are a deep part of your family any kind of making these decisions are heartbreaking..I pray you will find a good loving home for them..Saying goodbye by rehomeing or death is never easy greensad.gif Hugs to you and your family...
#291 of 1137 Old 02-23-2014, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post

Had a rough couple of days.  I thought for SURE that I had someone lined up to finally love my cats and adopt them.  I was supposed to deliver them tonight.  She texted me this morning backing out.  bawling.gif

Slid across an intersection and ruined my rim during a snowstorm.  Was able to get the used one from the salvage place for $50 but still.......it's $50.  

Dropped $300 for a down payment for my middle daughter's braces today.  That hurt.  Bad.  Her dad is supposed to split medical bills with me 50/50 but he put up a huge stink about waiting until her adult teeth are in that I can't bear to fight with him over this.  So now I'm stuck paying $1428 by myself.

I've spent $200 in groceries in the last week.  Ugh.  

Just having a hard time.  Having a hard time being grateful too.  :(

:( I hate when bad things happen in clusters like that. Thank you for reminding me to include braces in our parenting agreement though, just in case the kids want them. 

Groceries are killing us too. Today I restocked our produce, milk, yogurt and coffee. $60. Sixty. Freaking. Dollars. 

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#292 of 1137 Old 02-23-2014, 11:34 AM

The hits just keep coming.  My grandpa died yesterday.  Crap!  I haven't seen the man in several years due to family drama and that really saddens me because I have very fond memories of playing with the toy golf clubs in the backyard and doing sleepovers as a kid.  Grandpa always had Werther's butterscotch candies in his pockets for my sister and I.  I texted my aunt to see if there would be services since I'm sure she's in charge of anything they are doing but she hasn't gotten back to me.  I want to say my goodbyes ya know?  Life kinda sucks right now.

#293 of 1137 Old 02-23-2014, 12:41 PM

Big hugs, mama.
#294 of 1137 Old 02-23-2014, 02:08 PM

Oh I'm so sorry about that justmama. I hope they get back to you soon. Where are they located? You could try checking the newspapers for updates or even calling the local funeral homes to find out when the services are. I really hope you find out something. The werther's butterscotch candies in the pocket sounds like my grandpa was too and they actually built a golf course so we always had golf clubs to play with in the backyard too :). I really hope you find out something and everything calms down for you. Those clusters of bad things are always tough to get through.

We are okay here. Not much going on. I'm trying to get things settled and in order around here. Did find out last night that the extra business at work that would have had me making money again isn't coming so I'm kind of stuck. I barely make anything after childcare and gas right now and dh is making way too little as well. I'm hoping we can figure out something soon with the income part of it all.

#295 of 1137 Old 02-24-2014, 09:11 AM

Oh Justmama - HUGS.

Still here, still chugging along. Called today to find out the status of my electric bill assistance app - hasn't even been mailed out yet. I have a disconnect for the 27th, but I got an extension until the 4th. I have to call tomorrow & see if they can get me in on the appointment line but it's not too likely. Was going to put it on a payment plan, but found out if I do that then I can't get help with the bill. Which makes zero sense to me, but it's the rule apparently. Might have to go to the same back door way of getting into the electric bill program that I did last time, but hoping not as it requires us getting up at like 5 am to get across town & then wait for 2 hours for the place to open.

Spent most of the morning listing stuff on ebay. Praying some of the higher dollar stuff sells quickly so I can raise some funds. Might have to dip into the tax money to pay bills which I really don't want to do.

DD was invited to a birthday party for the granddaughter of the neighbors on one side. She is good friends with the girl, but I am pretty sure I'm going to have to decline as I just can't afford a gift right now. Not sure what to do on it honestly.

#296 of 1137 Old 02-24-2014, 11:50 AM

I am here in an irritable mood. Finally fixed my laptop myself cost me 35 $. It still needs a battery though. My ds broke my tablet trying to plug in the wrong charger and broke his last month doing the same thing. I loathe all these gadgets. My life is more complicated with them. :/

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#297 of 1137 Old 02-24-2014, 11:53 AM

Oh and ex is paying me late so he could max out his ira so he is broke greensad.gif

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#298 of 1137 Old 02-24-2014, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ugh spent the morning dealing with a bank that didn't want to accept the POA I had drawn up so my Dad could do things there for me. They gave him a hard time, and I had to call the COO of the entire bank for resolution. Ugh.  Luckily, the branch did finally bend over backwards when my dad returned and apologized.  But still,  shouldn't have happened. 

#299 of 1137 Old 02-25-2014, 09:56 AM

Yikes things have gotten crazy around here for us all apparently. We had to spend a ton of money fixing dh's truck and he's working on it today. Hoping he gets it all together and going again because he has to go to work Thurs. Other than that things are okay here. I have spent all morning going over the money and trying to get things taken care of. I'll be glad when some of these bills are paid off so that there isn't as much to figure in. 

#300 of 1137 Old 02-25-2014, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the support.   Update: one party decided death trumps drama and called the other party directly and the services are scheduled for Friday morning.  I rescheduled an appt and it's perfect for me to head up there(45 minutes one way) when I get the kids on the bus and attend and come home in enough time to relax, recoup, and get them off the buses.  I don't want them there.  They've never met the man anyway.  I already have clothing since my "uniform" for work is all black business casual so I don't need to shell out for anything other than gas.  So my mind is more at ease now.

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page