44Likes

#451 of 1003 Old 04-24-2014, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

food prices here in PNW

bought milk today $4.75

oat bread $1.98

my favorite local eggs two weeks ago cost $6.49- for some reason in the last week it's went up to $8.99. I know they're humanely certified, gmo free, free range and local but that is really expensive.

pranamama likes this.

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
#452 of 1003 Old 04-25-2014, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Oh, gosh, that's horrible. :( Even the local, awesome eggs are $4.50/dozen here and I can't bring myself to spend the money (I want to, though, poor chickens). I didn't realize how fortunate we were to have those prices. I hope that things get better!

#453 of 1003 Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

I'm here. Things have been crazy busy around here lately. I'm hoping things are getting better for everyone. I see a lot of potential moves going on. We just moved also which is part of why I haven't been on lately. I found a cute little house that's actually $25 less a month than my old rent was although this is a 2 bed instead of a 3 we're making do with it. It has a huge 2 acre yard though so that's great. I'm just glad the house doesn't have wasps inside, leaks and mold like my old one. I have to go this weekend and finish cleaning up the trailer to turn over my keys. Dh is expecting to go to 14/7 starting in June and I'm really hoping that happens since it'll raise our income by a lot and I can quit working without needing my money. I'm actually going to have to quit anyways soon since I don't think I'm going to be making anything after gas and childcare now that I'm even farther away from work. Ugh. 

Gratefuls: 

I LOVE the new house .... if I can get settled in and unpacked!

We had a spot for a chicken coop so we got it fixed up and I now have chickens!

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#454 of 1003 Old 04-25-2014, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Our school refused to fill out a form for DSS 3 times in the last year and a half. They finally did a month before graduation. With the form they gave us, DSS decided they'd been over-paying us by $500 a month and we have to pay them back. If we stay in this state (we can't afford to) and on the program, they'd take it out of the money they give us each month. I don't know what happens if we can't pay them and we have to move- the social worker made it sound like it was no big deal, but I don't freaking trust that.

I am just... There are no words. The TANF program has actually been very stressful for me, if I'd known it was basically worthless, we never would have signed up for it. It would have saved me so much time and energy. We would have pinched our pennies even harder and been able to be alright. But now we're facing joblessness and have just been slapped with a huge bill.

I hate this school so @#$#@ much. I don't know why they couldn't just fill out the form the first time I'd asked. A person with DSS actually called them up to try to sort it out and still they wouldn't fill it out. Then they wait till the last minute to get in one last dig.

I don't want to put any easily-google-able identifying information, but man do I want to warn people away from this college.

#455 of 1003 Old 04-25-2014, 11:51 AM

OMG dh just called and is in pain and not sure if he is going to be able to stay at work all week this week. He has a knot of some kind and his doctor can't see him until June. I found a doc to see him next Thurs but I just hope he can stay at work. On top of it my sitter called and has to work tonight so she can't keep my kids now. No one else is available to keep them tonight so now I have no sitter and can't work tonight. Tried to call in and no one will answer their phones so I'm not able to work and they don't even know about it as of right now 3 hrs before I'm suppose to open. Agh! I'm missing money and risking my job because of no sitter and when dh is sick and may not be able to continue at work. I really can't afford to lose my money and his paycheck for the week right now. I'm so stressed and worried right this minute it isn't even funny!

#456 of 1003 Old 04-25-2014, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I wish some of us could pair up and be roommates to help with bills and childcare. :/

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#457 of 1003 Old 04-25-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0314 View Post

I wish some of us could pair up and be roommates to help with bills and childcare. :/

:yeah 

#458 of 1003 Old 04-25-2014, 05:24 PM

:namaste

Hoping everyone has a good weekend. Today at the store the local eggs went back down to $6.49 a little more economical for an excellent source of protein. Sometimes I wonder if local foods cost just a bit less, then more people could afford to support them?

Crazyms- Congrats on your new home :)

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
#459 of 1003 Old 04-25-2014, 09:58 PM

Ughh... Today was a horrible day. So this weekend was my stbxh weekend with my son. Per the judgement I just filed Wednesday it states we are not to introduce our son to a significant other until we have been dating for a minimum of 12 months and have met them and agreed to have them meet our son. Well he comes today to pick up my son with his gf and her 2 kids! I told him no and took my son back and he called the cops on me. The officer came about 2 hours later, my stbxh left after waiting 45mins, and told me that we need to handle it in family court. Since I didn't have the official document of the judgement there was nothing the officer could do. So in the end, I still have my son, I will talk and hirer a lawyer come Monday and will have to revise my judgment and put in more specific visitations for him. I am tired of tying to be nice and getting screwed over, I wanted to be civil but apparently I can't be, it's either his way or no way, and I am not doing that anymore. I have the right to know who my son is around especially since he doesn't help out financially with our son and has been avoiding the child support agents. GRRRRR soooo upset. Sorry ladies I had to vent.

*Hugs* to everyone.

Hiring a lawyer will set me back, but it's something I must do. My parents will help pay for it but in the end I will have to pay them back. I really wish I never got married, things would be so much easier. And the whole thing about the 12 months is that my son is almost 4, he does not understand what is going on and I don't want him getting attached to someone that my husband wants to have around for 3 months or less. It hurts my son, and that is something that my son should not need to go through. Plus what crazy woman would let someone live with them that they knew for less than 2 months and be around their kids?! Not me!!! I hope nothing but the best for her and I hope he doesn't screw her like he keeps doing to me.

Stephanie, 25, Single parent to DS (7/10). I
Part Time Cake Decorator & Full-time Student

BS1: Completed 5/3/14
BS2: Credit Card Debt: Completed 5/18/14, Phone Acct: 6/20/14, Personal Loan: $4069.97
#460 of 1003 Old 04-26-2014, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
How come you dont have a copy of the custody order? I would get one asap for times like this...I have copies of mine stuffed everywhere...when she was a baby I kept it in the diaperbag...now I have a copy in my glove compartment and purse...
#461 of 1003 Old 04-26-2014, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Yardsales! A staple for this low income mama!
#462 of 1003 Old 04-26-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post

How come you dont have a copy of the custody order? I would get one asap for times like this...I have copies of mine stuffed everywhere...when she was a baby I kept it in the diaperbag...now I have a copy in my glove compartment and purse...

I just filed the judgement this past Wednesday. The original and copies the court has until it's approved takes about 4-6 weeks and they will mail it to me. And I would need the original officially sealed document, I have a copy of the divorce to the officer and there was nothing he could do since it wasn't official. But come Monday I will be trying to get the official one so it doesn't happen again.

Stephanie, 25, Single parent to DS (7/10). I
Part Time Cake Decorator & Full-time Student

BS1: Completed 5/3/14
BS2: Credit Card Debt: Completed 5/18/14, Phone Acct: 6/20/14, Personal Loan: $4069.97
#463 of 1003 Old 04-27-2014, 11:44 AM

Hopefully they will send it fast...takes a lot of the worry away.... greensad.gif
#464 of 1003 Old 04-28-2014, 07:57 AM

Hopefully the original will get sent to you soon. It's very stressful dealing with the divorces. I hope you can get everything worked out soon. Some ex's can be real pills to deal with. 

We got more chickens yesterday. It took some of my money away but we now have 10 laying hens out there plus a rooster and then the 7 biddies (1 roo and 6 more girls). I have about a half a dozen eggs right now in the fridge from them. That's one less thing to buy now! I'm hoping we can manage to get enough money together to start working on a pen and stall for goats and getting the rabbit cages set back up. If I can get our animals in place then maybe our food costs will go down. I bought some seeds and will plant them this weekend when dh gets home to disc up a garden spot for me.

Our money stores are down desperately after getting into this house but I'm trying to get through it. Hopefully we can get through for a few weeks and dh will get that schedule change. It's suppose to happen in June so just a few weeks away. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to keep waiting to quit my job since I'm running out of sitters. Found out the anytime backup had other people around and one of them hit my daughter last time they were there so I lost that sitter and it was a couple months ago so nothing I can do about it now. It's just so stressful. I'm just trying to get by week by week and hoping it all works out. I hope things are settling down for everyone here.

#465 of 1003 Old 04-29-2014, 06:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I'll miss out on yardsales this weekend since I have to work but I'm hoping to start next weekend. I know they are slowly coming back to my area already. joy.gif I'm actually getting ready to hit the thrift store today which i'm excited about. There's a few things I've been looking for.

Gratefuls:

-I just had some delicious leftover homemade pi**a this morning for breakfast. It was a clean-out-the-fridge type. Tomatoes, chickpeas, bbq sauce, spinach, orange peppers, and cheese.

-coffee joy.gif

-the movie Fro*en. I just love it more every time I watch it.

-things are greening up here in New England. The snow is gone and I see daffodils starting to bloom.

-two of my babysitting families owe me money. No it's not good that they haven't paid yet but being owed money is better than owing money. smile.gif

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#466 of 1003 Old 04-29-2014, 12:25 PM

My yardsaling was pretty productives. A gift for each kiddo out of the way, a ton of children books, and shirts to finish my daughters fall wardrobe. Yesterday I did loads of decluttering and rearranging of closets. Its a cure for angst lol. I will be havi.g people come pick up on thurs and fri. Feels good to help. Today is dreery and my productive levels are much lower. Thinking about focusing on free fun like conditioning my hair and finishing up our library books.
#467 of 1003 Old 05-01-2014, 11:47 AM

oNot much going on here. Ive spent the past couple days rearranging and decluttering, and hopefully this weekend I can find some things on my want list yardsaling lol. I want a new lamp for my living room, a new bedspread and a couple pieces for my kitchen. In thrifty/crunchy news I think I managed to get vinegar to work for my hair- I was about to give up and buy expensive shampoo I was so sick of it.
#468 of 1003 Old 05-01-2014, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Not much going on here either. FINALLY got my app for the County utility program - right after I put the back due balance on a payment plan, of course. I'm going to call the electric co on Monday & explain & see what can be done. Maybe if I am lucky I will be able to pull it off the payment plan & get the County to pay it instead.

Having a garage sale tomorrow & Saturday to help pay bills. Hoping stuff sells. Anything that doesn't sell I am going to put on CL. Was going to have a friend list it for me but I think our friendship fizzled. Was supposed to have her hubby come fix my fridge & already paid him, but havent' heard anything. I am thinking I probably won't get my $25 back.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#469 of 1003 Old 05-01-2014, 09:05 PM

I am job hunting. Working on getting reference letters right now. My praxis scores will be released next week finally! !!

I am applying for as many jobs as I can. Someone wants me! I hope! !!

Kind of bummed my bf and I talked and we wont be moving to the next level for a year most likely. There are so many factors right now it is the best thing but I am sad anyway.

Ex said he paid support today so I should be okay and get it next Thursday

The joy of exs! We had a 6 montj post divorce morality clause. We had a verbal agreement for 6 months in general and my ex broke thst. Hisgf moved in in 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdelgadillo389 View Post

Ughh... Today was a horrible day. So this weekend was my stbxh weekend with my son. Per the judgement I just filed Wednesday it states we are not to introduce our son to a significant other until we have been dating for a minimum of 12 months and have met them and agreed to have them meet our son. Well he comes today to pick up my son with his gf and her 2 kids! I told him no and took my son back and he called the cops on me. The officer came about 2 hours later, my stbxh left after waiting 45mins, and told me that we need to handle it in family court. Since I didn't have the official document of the judgement there was nothing the officer could do. So in the end, I still have my son, I will talk and hirer a lawyer come Monday and will have to revise my judgment and put in more specific visitations for him. I am tired of tying to be nice and getting screwed over, I wanted to be civil but apparently I can't be, it's either his way or no way, and I am not doing that anymore. I have the right to know who my son is around especially since he doesn't help out financially with our son and has been avoiding the child support agents. GRRRRR soooo upset. Sorry ladies I had to vent.

*Hugs* to everyone.

Hiring a lawyer will set me back, but it's something I must do. My parents will help pay for it but in the end I will have to pay them back. I really wish I never got married, things would be so much easier. And the whole thing about the 12 months is that my son is almost 4, he does not understand what is going on and I don't want him getting attached to someone that my husband wants to have around for 3 months or less. It hurts my son, and that is something that my son should not need to go through. Plus what crazy woman would let someone live with them that they knew for less than 2 months and be around their kids?! Not me!!! I hope nothing but the best for her and I hope he doesn't screw her like he keeps doing to me.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#470 of 1003 Old 05-03-2014, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Not a whole lot positive going on here, were about to be evicted due to my landlord being a jerk. Said I could use my security deposit for lasts months rent (thought we would be able to find another place by then and gave my notice) since the house looked great and he had no reason to hold on to it. On the 28th he contacted me and wanted to know when I was paying rent because its 4 weeks late and the late fee is $10 per day. I didn't pay it because he said I could use the deposit which he now says he never said:( I told him I need another month here since we haven't found a new place yet and he came back with I need to pay the rent, the late fee's and next months rent which wasn't even due for 5 days within 24 hours or he's starting the eviction process. In this state thats an expedited hearing so your out in 5-12 days anyway:( Says if were still here on the 8th he will file. Trying to get everything packed up and into storage which will eat half my money for the month. dd7 is freaking out and demanding we pack everything, including the ton of paper she's screbbled on or cut up, just trash We've been looking at tents to get ideas since its warming up and the camp grounds are open now I figured if we camp out at the local campground which is like 2 blocks from here dd7 can at least keep going to school. I don't know what were going to do. I have a meeting with a womens and childrens shelter Monday to see about a voucher for a hotel for a couple nights once were out and to find out about local resources. We did get a call that were up next for an income based apt since someone gave there 30 day notice so if we make it though the screening process we would only have to camp for 2-3 weeks and I would try to make it like a long vacation for the kids since the camp ground is right on the water we can fish and stuff and its only a block to town for library/laundry and stuff. Whats odd though is the campground has wifi but no power for tent sites, only the RV's which we don't have.

Thankfully my ice chest can actually keep stuff frozen for days so we can keep food on hand and I can use a little grill to cook. I'm just worried about camping alone with the kids and dd7's constant need to go to the bathroom which is not going to fly if were homeless. When we go back to the Dr next week for her I'm having her checked for a UTI or diabetes, she drinks a ton of water due to thirst and pee's every 20-30 min.

So, praying this is one of those one door closes but another, better one opens.

wth? landlord just put an eviction notice on my door saying if I pay them $300 and get out by the 8th they will drop the whole thing and he took a picture of my cars license plate.

Seriously?
#471 of 1003 Old 05-03-2014, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Creepy landlord behavior.  I hope you are able to pull together somewhere safe to be for a bit until housing comes through.

As for us, things are ok, we just got into our house, and it is still largely unfurnished and will be that way for a couple weeks yet, but that is ok.  We have the bare bones basics, so that will do for now.  I got all misty watching the kids play in the backyard knowing that they have home for the first time in a long time.  And- we scored a free computer desk and chair someone had out on the lawn just down the road.  Yay! 

Money is super tight as the move was more than I had budgeted, then DH's work was threatening to change shifts around so he had to get last minute airfare instead of in advance, but we will manage for a bit. Not fun, but we won't starve.  I could scream at  him as he left his savings in a drawer at his staff house.  "I didn't want to spend it."  Yeah, well that was money I was kind of counting on since you said you were going to pay things with it!  Blah, it's like $600- do you have any idea how much I want access to that- actually only a bit of it- but ugh. 

He knows I am irked.  Hopefully he will not make the same decision again.  He wants me to pull from our savings to cover the current shortfall, and I will but it is in a harder to access bank account, so it will take a couple days to get to. Also, that savings is our emergency fund and we just bought a house, we really can't nickel and dime it away because he didn't want to use his 'fun money' savings.   We aren't  renting anymore, if the poop hits the fan we have to take care of it, there isn't a landlord to cover emergencies anymore.

Men.

It will all be ok, I just hate the stress.

#472 of 1003 Old 05-07-2014, 01:18 PM

Hows all the mammas doing? Any plans for mothers day? I saw that aldis now carries gf foods. I dont know if they are in all areas yet. I am not gf but still may check things out occasionally for low carb purposes.
#473 of 1003 Old 05-07-2014, 01:48 PM

Mine doesnt have gf foods greensad.gif Hope the get it in soon...
#474 of 1003 Old 05-07-2014, 02:23 PM

I just saw the ad for it this week Mylie so hopefully its rolling in. Im looking at homes online and daydreaming, lol. I think with taxes next yr we may take the plunge into getting an fha loan. By then dh should have gotten another raise and if we look hard Im finding a few homes with mortgages under or right about our rent payment.
#475 of 1003 Old 05-07-2014, 09:24 PM

So grateful for medicaid. I went to the er with severe pain, lots of heavy duty iv pain meds, tests, found my gallbladder was infected and needed out asap, admitted, surgery, morphine, overnight stay and more morphine. Probably would have been bankrupt if not for medicaid. 

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#476 of 1003 Old 05-07-2014, 10:17 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0314 View Post

So grateful for medicaid. I went to the er with severe pain, lots of heavy duty iv pain meds, tests, found my gallbladder was infected and needed out asap, admitted, surgery, morphine, overnight stay and more morphine. Probably would have been bankrupt if not for medicaid. 

Holy cow! Are you OK?!? Well, I guess you are OK enough to write this, so you are alive and reasonably conscious, but, jeepers, that must have been scary! Wishing you a fast and complete recovery...:Hug

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

#477 of 1003 Old 05-07-2014, 11:48 PM

Hugs, mama. Crazy!
#478 of 1003 Old 05-08-2014, 02:53 AM

So glad your okay....how scary greensad.gif
#479 of 1003 Old 05-08-2014, 03:38 AM

Oh wow Mamabear! I'm glad to see you made it through surgery okay and it's definitely great that you had medicaid to help with it! 

LOL happy hats! I can definitely relate to the house dreaming. We actually just moved into this rental and the landlord had mentioned to dh about considering tearing it down before we came along and rented it. Now dh is hoping that we can buy it or work something out to get it when our lease is up in a year. It's on 2 acres (although the land wouldn't come with it just the house to be moved) but it's right down the road from the 10 acres that we own. I keep going back and forth dreaming about things I can do to the house and knowing I can't touch anything since it's not mine yet (and might not be we'll have to see). I'm glad we can do some stuff on the property it's on also but again I really want to do more and keep wanting to go down the road to the property and set stuff up. Ughhhh 

#480 of 1003 Old 05-08-2014, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Sent out insurance info for prenatal BW from Febuary.  Medicaid has sent me 3 different cards!? Think one is from miscarriage I had in July 2013.  I just sent copies of all 3 they can decide.  Oh house dreams.  I can not watch house hunters with volume on as so many are like OMG the color or something so stupid.  Last one was oh the backyard is tiny/not nice.  don't you read lot size and think how big can it POSSIBLY be?  You can always seed a yard.  If that is your biggest issue....

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page