2014 Low Income Support Thread - Page 22 - Mothering Forums
First ... 12  20  21  22 23  24  32  ... Last
Frugality & Finances > 2014 Low Income Support Thread
kindofcrunchy82's Avatar kindofcrunchy82 07:03 AM 06-22-2014
Hi all, this is babybird. I forgot I had made a new account when I was going through my divorce since my ex had been snooping on me online. Anyhow, I plan to switch to this account and start over new. I had a crazy crazy week last week which included getting paperwork filed for child support modification. I have a hearing on July 21st. I know ex has made over 50% more for about a year now but was dragging my feet to get the modification because I can still pay my bills with what I have now and I didn't want to rock the boat or poke the bear, which ever way you want to look at it. I have no idea how this will go, I do not know if I can get back support for this past year because he was underpaying or not. I am not counting on it, but I am hoping to get enough to stay afloat once my alimony ends. Finding a teaching job is proving much more difficult than I thought.

Financially okay, if the modification works in my favor that means I may have a 2 or so month overlap between the increase and my alimony ending which will temporarily knock me out of my self described low income bracket. I am hoping I do have that overlap to build some savings and pay down some debt. At best I am looking at 3 months of overlap but even a 2 month could knock out a nice amount of debt and get my savings back where i want it.

My ex is super annoyed about the hearing, I can only imagine. I have told him repeatedly that I don't want his money, I need it and no judge is going to okay our kids on food stamps while their father is making 1/4 of a million dollars a year. It take a lot of my pride to ask him for more money, but I know my kids deserve it now. I was hoping to just get a decent job and go back when I needed help with daycare, but I realize now waiting is only hurting my kids. My ex even suggested i work at mcdonalds 1 day a week. I LOL'd. or any job that will have me and he is NOT FACTORING the huge cost of childcare. I have went over the numbers with him dozens of times and me working for 10/hr will not be worth it after childcare costs. He just does not understand. My kids will not get free childcare. My DP and I have discussed me watching his youngest down the road because between our four kids we are looking at about 2500$ a month in childcare costs. It will only lessen when my oldest is okay to stay home alone, which would probably be middle school, which is in 3 years and when the youngest are in full day school in 2-3 years. So yeah, we have a while for those things to unfold.

This weekend was pretty spendy. I went to a wedding and had to pay for a babysitter. My DP filled up my gas tank since I was driving and I get better mileage. I know we used a ton of gas but probably 40$ not 60$ worth, so grateful for his generousity.

Wolfcat's Avatar Wolfcat 06:25 PM 06-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post
Wolfcat - Congrats on getting married! Have you considered training to open a Bountiful Basket site closer to you? 80 miles is a lot. I miss getting BB though - we loved it, but with them not taking SNAP it just wasn't fitting in our budget.
Thank you all!

We already have someone working on a location 15 miles away. They need to set up more truck routes to support it and then we are in. And we'd have more than 50 orders in the area when we get it, so it's just a matter of time.
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 02:02 PM 06-24-2014
just chugging along. Hubby should be getting reimbursed for gas etc through workmans comp soon, which will go into savings. And he should also be getting his attendance bonus, which will be used for stocking up. Weve had continual small blessings on food like extra produce from a garden or eggs from a parents friend. It really, really helps and we have been eating well, keeping the electric bill down, and Ive only used the dryer once thismonth.
justmama's Avatar justmama 03:27 PM 06-24-2014
happyhats, you are ON FIRE lately! I can't say I've been even close to that diligent. I mean, our bills are down a bit, I'm packing lunch every day, staying out of stores, etc. But nothing totally out of the normal stuff. I had to blow half a tank of gas yesterday just with picking up my friend from the hospital and driving her to her car plus going to school 25 miles away. SO.MUCH.GAS. It hurts.

Gratefuls:

-another lovely day today. 80 and sunny.

-my apartment doesn't get enough sun on the deck for large pots of veggies unfortunately but my herbs on the windowsills are doing phenomenal!

-got a 100 on my qui* in school today.

-I'm more than halfway done with my class. 10 more days until clinicals.

-summer produce is slowly hitting the stores and it's cheap!
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 06:49 PM 06-24-2014
eh, I cant take credit for much. Im more diligent on electric, hanging my clothes to dry, and watching food waste. But weve been blessed with others generousity by the tons, and hubby has been really pitching in with all scratch cooking. Weve been really seriously talking about what it would take to buy a home, and in general achieving some of our dreams.
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 06:01 PM 06-25-2014
I'm glad to see everyone is getting some good news and little blessings here and there. kindofcrunchy good luck on the cs modification and congrats to wolfcat for getting married!!

Things are ticking along here. DS's birthday just passed and DH gets home tomorrow so we're camping out on our property this weekend. Thinking about a day trip to the coast (about 2 hrs from us) to celebrate too since the kids can play on the beach and there's also a splash pad and a military toy museum that are free. I promised to make him an ice cream cake too so that'll be fun.

DH talked to his boss the other day about getting a 14/7 schedule which would greatly increase our income since they obviously aren't changing his slip like we thought they were. It didn't look good after the talk but his boss tried to call earlier. Not sure yet what it's about but I don't see why he'd call if they didn't have a transfer for him so I'm hopeful. Trying not to think about it too much until after dh meets with him in the morning and finds out though. I don't want to get my hopes up and I've really lost faith in this company treating its employees decently after the last few months of stupidity. We'll see.

Other news I'm trying to declutter the house. Constant battle but I'm slowly, very slowly, making some progress. And we talked to the kids about changing up Christmas this year and doing a family vacation in lieu of gifts. They seem onboard so I'm trying to find some affordable options not too far away to travel.
dueinsept14's Avatar dueinsept14 06:09 PM 06-25-2014
THINK we found a place to live. Will know for sure next week or so. We really need this and looking good.
bereamama's Avatar bereamama 06:43 PM 06-25-2014
Hello,everyone! My name is Donna. I am new here, looking to glean from all of you what you do to manage with a low income. We scrape by most months, sometimes needing to get considerable help from our church. My husband works full time and goes to school full time. I homeschool (well I try) my 5 year old. I need to do better at it. I will start her on kindergarten in the fall. If anyone has ideas for free homeschool resources, they will be welcomed. I also have a small job I do from home. Thank you!
bereamama's Avatar bereamama 06:48 PM 06-25-2014
Have you all seen the FREE cookbook that is geared toward people using SNAP on cooking delicious, frugal meals? I thought this might be helpful to some of you.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2014...pid=foodinc-fb
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 07:33 PM 06-25-2014
I have a five year old too. I use resources from freehomeschooldeals.com and love the library. I just tonight found a site called learning aisle thats meant to be a compehensive k12 program. I havent gotten to look through it yet.

Ive been blessed so much lately with extra food, etc. I feel like a mooch lol. My husband just got a call for an interview about a second job. I dont know how feasible it is, and I worry about the effects of him not being home and overworking himself. But it would get us out of debt and at least the job is in ac where hes friendly with everyone (gas station near his job). Im happy hes seriously on board with becoming financially secure.
Mylie's Avatar Mylie 10:03 PM 06-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bereamama View Post
Hello,everyone! My name is Donna. I am new here, looking to glean from all of you what you do to manage with a low income. We scrape by most months, sometimes needing to get considerable help from our church. My husband works full time and goes to school full time. I homeschool (well I try) my 5 year old. I need to do better at it. I will start her on kindergarten in the fall. If anyone has ideas for free homeschool resources, they will be welcomed. I also have a small job I do from home. Thank you!
Welcome!!! I second the suggestion for the library...reading is the best way to begin...my girl is 6 and since I am laid off we have been walking to the library a lot!!! I can tell a bc difference in just two weeks

Hi everyone!!! Glad to see some good happening I got laid off but I was approved for unemployment...the amount is very worrisome but I am treasuring a few weeks of rest before I jump into the lava pit of job search :/ Keeping the faith though!!
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 06:47 AM 06-26-2014
dueinsept - Good luck with the house! I hope it works for you. Getting a new house can be exciting. I'm really please with our new rental.

bereasmama - There are so many things we do to function on a low income. Most of your standard frugal living ideas - drive less, use the electric less, line dry clothes, cook from scratch, etc. Getting crunchier by the minute saves me a ton too. Most of it requires I spend a little money first but then every reusable item I add saves me more money by taking things I would need to buy off my shopping list. If you qualify SNAP or even WIC can make a big difference in grocery costs. The food ministry programs (search food ministry program will give you lots of results such as bountiful baskets) are extremely helpful for shopping on a budget if you don't have severe food allergies to deal with. I can swing groceries for a family of 5 for $200 or less with buying from the food ministry program and careful meal planning/scratch cooking. WIC stretches that immensely as well. I do everything I can to cut debt and bills down also like no cable and a cheaper prepaid cell phone. The only real "big splurge" around here is internet but I save a ton in other ways by having it so I allow it. Homeschooling is a whole other ball park though. Tons of free resources out there! Check out the homeschool forums here. I homeschool three kids and we are doing a loosely Charlotte Mason style education this year. Ambleside online and Simply Charlotte Mason had a ton of free resources for me to do this. If you have ideas about how you want to homeschool it'll be easier to give more detailed advice. Posting in the homeschool forum is a good idea too!
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 08:57 AM 06-26-2014
OMG!!! Dh just got home and called his boss to see what the missed call yesterday was about. He got his transfer! It's not the boat transfer we worked so hard to prepare for earlier this year but he is in a 14/7 slip now! That means we get a 50% increase in his pay each month. I don't know if we'll "technically" be low income now but I'm still hanging in here. We have a lot that we need to catch up on and do to get in a better position and I'll still need all my savvy low income techniques to make it happen. I can finally begin to relax though a little and not obsessively count every. single. thing. we do in tiny increments.
frugalmama's Avatar frugalmama 09:06 AM 06-26-2014
Just checking in right quick - I've been swamped lately & haven't had time. Still here, still broke. About to cut off my net at home & just make do with my kindle , I think. Just can't afford $75 a month anymore. Going today to set up the payment plan for my property taxes, then headed to the goodwill clearance center to hopefully find sweaters for my sweater buyer. Really could use a sweater check right now. I've got stuff listed on ebay & other spots, but nothing has been selling.
mamarhu's Avatar mamarhu 09:58 AM 06-26-2014
Hello, all! I have been out of the loop a few weeks: computer problems, then a 2 week "emergency" trip to babysit my grandchildren while ElderSon did training for a new job (go, ElderSon, go!) But I am back and sending best wishes to y'all.

I had what may turn out to be a great big opportunity just happen yesterday. Some backstory to make sense of why this is such a big deal:

I have a job that I absolutely LOVE, but even full time, I am not making enough to live on. I work with families of kids with very intense mental health needs, developmental disabilities, etc. But social work is not enough to put my family over the poverty level. My income is supplemented by VA payments to care for my elderly mom. But Mom is 95, and clearly not going to live forever. When she dies, the grief will be enough to deal with - impending homelessness and starvation will not help the situation! My 2 youngest Dumplings still at home are still depending on me for a couple more years. I have known for several years that my situation is not sustainable, but haven't found a great alternative. State social work jobs pay better than my cozy little agency, but I would hate every minute. I have looked at second jobs, home businesses, extreme downsizing - nothing seemed like it would really work for the long run.

There is a certain childcare "method" that applies to high needs kids, and really resonates with me. I have been recommending the book for years, and teaching my families informally. I have looked for formal classes for the parents I work with in my area, but they are rarely offered, fill up fast, and prohibitively expensive. Training to become a teacher was only offered in a city 3000 miles away. Well, I just learned that the training course to become a teacher of this method is going to be offered in my city! If I could start teaching this program, I would be filling a real need in the community, and supplementing my income in an ethical way. The woman I met yesterday (a train-the-trainer level teacher of this program) agrees there is a huge need in my area, as well as around the country. She independently contracts with agencies and schools to teach therapists and teachers this philosophy, and welcomes more people at her level, as well as directly teaching parents. I want to build myself into this job! It will probably cost me a couple thousand dollars to get the full training, and surely some time to establish myself and make the connections to get this going. I may have to take out a sleazy, high-interest loan (rotten credit), but I think it would be worth it in the long run. But I love teaching motivated adults (I currently volunteer teaching English as a Second Language to immigrants and refugees), and would welcome the chance to travel for work, as well as offering classes in my area.

I am so excited about this opportunity. The weight of not knowing what I was going to do in the probably near future has been heavy on me for the last several years, but I was at a loss how to solve the problem in a way that I could feel good about. I think I may really have found the answer.
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 09:23 PM 06-26-2014
I wish you luck, mamarhu!
justmama's Avatar justmama 02:06 PM 06-27-2014
Rhu, I'm keeping you in my thoughts for this new opportunity. That would be great. Sounds like a great fit for you!!!

frugalmama, I'm sending you thrift store vibes. Hopefully you find a few treasures and make some money.

cra*yms, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Don't leave us. You still have the low income support, even if you are able to climb out of the hole. We love you. I'm so happy for your family.

Mylie, I'm hoping this is a blessing in disguise for you. You get time with little L AND you get to search for a better job that will be more financially sustainable for the future. Everything works out as it's meant to eventually, even if it sucks now.

Donna, WELCOME!!! I think you'll pick up a lot of tips just hanging out and reading. There's a lot of mama's on here who do so very much with so very little. Sometimes just thinking outside the box is all you need to do.

Gratefuls:

-I got scrubs for cheap for clinicals next week(not this coming week). SUPER cheap from the thrift store.

-Today was family fun day at our complex and we got home from school/camp with about 35-40minutes left to participate. They hit the water slide in their clothes and got painted faces and mooched snacks. It was awesome.

-And because we came in at the end, I helped the complex manager clean up and she offered me the leftover face paint/glitter! My kids are currently COVERED in paint on the deck. There's a ton of it too. Like two full kits.

-Today we finished the last chapter in my book for my class so it's just hitting me that we have 3 weeks left until certification/testing. I'm feeling good about it and I'm maintaining a 97 average.

-Bills are all paid and I have enough money for rent AND grocery shopping. That's a dang good month!
bren94's Avatar bren94 02:19 PM 06-27-2014
Hi, just stumbled upon this thread and stalked a bit. @frugalmama can I ask what you do as a sweater buyer? How did you get into it? We are expecting our first child in February and I'm looking for odd jobs I can do from home to help supplement DH's income without having to find affordable childcare for LO.
bereamama's Avatar bereamama 03:43 PM 06-27-2014
Thank you, everyone. I appreciate the welcome and tips.

I really want to do Waldorf method homeschooling, and living really. I have a few books I am slowly working through to help me learn. For such a simple way of life, things can be expensive (art supplies, quality toys). I know the investment is worth it, but it can be hard to get started. We are slowly trying to cull our possessions to embrace simplicity more. Our daughter will ultimately benefit from only having a few toys or books.

Seeing other's frugal accomplishments helps motivate me to do more! We must have the internet because I work from home, but it is so expensive. The cell phones are only prepaid, as I did not want to get stuck in a contract. Our rent is way too high. I struggle with this one, as I do not want to move since we will be moving again in 1 year when my husband starts grad school. But something has to give. We are a one car family. I know there is more I can do. I get lazy and tired.
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 08:32 PM 06-27-2014
Pretty good day with my hubs. Hes been released from workman comp dr. No more driving to the city every two weeks and now we will get a reimbursement check. Then went to costco for a cheap lunch and a few grocery. Picked up some free pantry goods via super nice lady on freecycle, and it was much more than expected. Went into a new tea shop on a whim where we talked to the owner, a really interesting dollhouse artist, and tried some amazing red chai tea. Then library, farmers stand where we got pickling cucumbers to make pickles with the kids.
justmama's Avatar justmama 02:06 PM 06-28-2014
happyhats, I want to be your best friend. I'm moving out there to be near you. You are too cool.

I had a little running mishap with a stick that hit my shoe JUST.RIGHT. on the trails this morning and gouged a big hole out. My running shoes were on their last legs but I suppose they fought the good fight. Two half marathons, two 5k's, a bajillion miles of trail. FAR beyond when they should have been replaced. I'm hitting the running store tomorrow to be fitted and we'll see how cheap I can find shoes. I've even seen Brooks at Nordstrom Rack for like $60 so......I'm hopeful. Need a good deal since I shouldn't even be buying any in the first place.

Gratefuls:

-a lovely 4 mile run this morning in the woods

-a great time at the beach with the kids today though I'm pretty burnt.

-a beautiful weekend so far. weather is fantastic.

Hoping for lots of productivity this weekend before the busy week ahead. I'm off to enjoy it. Have a great weekend all.
frugalmama's Avatar frugalmama 08:34 PM 06-29-2014
Justmama - Hope you are able to find new running shoes cheaply. If you don't find anything locally check ebay - I know they sell on there.

Bren - I buy used wool sweaters, then resell to a gal who turns then into cloth diaper covers. Doesn't pay a lot, but it helps. I don't think she is hiring anyone new right now though - I've been working with her for years now.

Mamarhu - good luck!

Everyone else - *hugs*

I'm just here trying to plod along. Been in a deep funk the last couple of days, and am trying to dig my way out of it but haven't had any luck yet. Trying to avoid falling back into some not good ways of dealing with said funk - I was tempted to for the 1st time in years.

Financially I am sinking right now. Discovered the county utility help program set me up for assistance every 3 months instead of every month like last year. So the next payment from them won't be until August - and I'm already late on the bills again since they took that payment that should have been June & put it towards the back balance that was set up on a payment plan. Called & couldn't get an explanation - just "that's the way the program works". Going to have to try some other places. Got stuff listed on ebay - lots of views, lots of watchers, but no bids. Praying it sells so I can make the payments for the taxes.

Discovered more work that needs done to the house Going to have to replace all the trim boards due to dry rot. More & more I am thinking I should have took the section 8 apt & sold this place for whatever I could get for it. I hate the thought of moving - I like our neighbors & our neighborhood, but I am just not sure I can afford to stay here with the taxes & the upkeep. IDK. The math for section 8 rent works out to almost the same, but we'd have a/c. But it would be an apt though, instead of a house. Right now I am feeling the no a/c. It's been in the upper 90's here all week. Too hot to do anything in the afternoon except either leave or sleep. I'm still trying to decide between buying bus passes for dd & myself or buying a window a/c. IDK which to do honestly. If I don't get the a/c this summer, I will try to get one at Target when they clearance them in September. Going there this week to do some grocery deals that give back target g/c - I'll bank the gc's back for when the a/c's go on clearance.
kindofcrunchy82's Avatar kindofcrunchy82 09:03 PM 06-29-2014
I have went over my budget again and again and it looks like I have depleted about 300$ of my savings cushion this past month. I just cannot get ahead and save more and it is frustrating me. I am not living above my means, I am just not able to put aside anything for savings. I am just at a wash. My income comes in and I spend every penny. essentially I have about 1800$ in savings/to start every month off on track. I am grateful for having that cushion but I desperately want to save more but cannot find a way to do so, there is always something that comes up. Either it is a bday, property taxes, xmas etc and my ex is acting all bi polar since I am taking him back for more support. I had to deal with evil text messages on friday because I shut down the last joint credit card we had in both our names because he keeps charging to it. He makes payments but I want that last bit of our fiances finally severed.

Grateful: Ex paid me early for July which is a huge sigh of relief. If he were to pay me on time every month I wouldnt need that cushion of savings. My kids are going out of town next sunday for 6 days/nights with my ex. I am so sad to have them without me, but this is literally my ONLY break from them for the entire year++ for more than 24 hours at a time so I am hoping to spend time with my DP for a few days and then the next couple days clean my house and maybe have a yard sale the last day.

I watched the oprah's debt diet series found at the library and there is just nothing I can really do at this time to reduce my debt. I don't have 80K in debt. I am hovering a little about 10K and I am paying about 300-500$ a month on the debt. It will take me years to get debt free at this rate but soon I will have one debt payed off fully and that will free up 150$ a month thank goodness! I also did a balance transfer on my only credit card. I had to pay a transfer fee, but it gives me another 12months with 0% interest to pay that debt down.
Mylie's Avatar Mylie 09:28 PM 06-29-2014
You ever just wish you could move far far away and just start a new life because your alone where your at anyways and at least if you were far away those that make you feel alone wouldn't be there...????

I am too that point...Life sucks...and it isn't about money...all I want is a happy loving life for my child...I just don't think it can happen here...doing some serious thinking....
kindofcrunchy82's Avatar kindofcrunchy82 12:10 PM 06-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post
You ever just wish you could move far far away and just start a new life because your alone where your at anyways and at least if you were far away those that make you feel alone wouldn't be there...????

I am too that point...Life sucks...and it isn't about money...all I want is a happy loving life for my child...I just don't think it can happen here...doing some serious thinking....

yep, it has taken me years! to make new friends since my separation. And I still don't have a really great, close friend or anything to confide in but I do have some people around me. Going into my divorce I was practically an atheist. Well being riendless, and with little family support I needed help, not financial but emotional. I attended a counseling session, and then got into a dating relationship 2 days after my divorce was final! That last 8 weeks and I broke it off and vowed to work on myself. I attended divorce care and later single and parenting. I got a Stephen's minister through the church that i had the support group. I joined and was active in meetup groups. I did so much 'right' I felt. I tried going back to school. I finially tried dating a year after my divorce was final. I found a great guy and we are almost at 8 months together. I found God again, I tried the lonely route, I briefly tried the party/going out route, but ultimately I had to go back to what I felt was right for me and my family. My side job of 2 years at a church nursery has helped me more than 20$ a week, it has opened my heart up to great people and a small group of people that I feel like a small church family. It was a huge struggle for me. I have made friends and I have to work hard to maintain friendships. It isn't like when I was in school and hung out with my bff all the time cause I didn't have anything else to do. Having family and friends is hard, but I see now sometimes i bend more than I used to because I want to maintain the few friendships I have had.

But yes Mylie I do understand. Move to my area and I will hang out with you =)
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 01:35 PM 06-30-2014
Im sorry things are getting rough once again. And justmama, I think my cool points were depleted over the weekend, where I did nothing but sleep. Its so hot and humid Im not even attempting to.cut down on ac but Im still hanging laundry and watching lights. Still cooking from scratch and the pantry. Using my crockpot tonight for chicken and baked potatoes.
Mylie's Avatar Mylie 06:51 PM 06-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofcrunchy82 View Post
yep, it has taken me years! to make new friends since my separation. And I still don't have a really great, close friend or anything to confide in but I do have some people around me. Going into my divorce I was practically an atheist. Well being riendless, and with little family support I needed help, not financial but emotional. I attended a counseling session, and then got into a dating relationship 2 days after my divorce was final! That last 8 weeks and I broke it off and vowed to work on myself. I attended divorce care and later single and parenting. I got a Stephen's minister through the church that i had the support group. I joined and was active in meetup groups. I did so much 'right' I felt. I tried going back to school. I finially tried dating a year after my divorce was final. I found a great guy and we are almost at 8 months together. I found God again, I tried the lonely route, I briefly tried the party/going out route, but ultimately I had to go back to what I felt was right for me and my family. My side job of 2 years at a church nursery has helped me more than 20$ a week, it has opened my heart up to great people and a small group of people that I feel like a small church family. It was a huge struggle for me. I have made friends and I have to work hard to maintain friendships. It isn't like when I was in school and hung out with my bff all the time cause I didn't have anything else to do. Having family and friends is hard, but I see now sometimes i bend more than I used to because I want to maintain the few friendships I have had.

But yes Mylie I do understand. Move to my area and I will hang out with you =)
Thanks...Lol...it is mostly family drama crap...Right now I have no $$ for gas to go anywhere near most of them so we are hibernating in the air and doing things in walking distance...today we spent several hours at the park and swimming in the river... Then after a cooldown we went to the library...just trying to do what Dori says...just keep swimming...lol
kindofcrunchy82's Avatar kindofcrunchy82 07:19 PM 06-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post
Thanks...Lol...it is mostly family drama crap...Right now I have no $$ for gas to go anywhere near most of them so we are hibernating in the air and doing things in walking distance...today we spent several hours at the park and swimming in the river... Then after a cooldown we went to the library...just trying to do what Dori says...just keep swimming...lol

I get the family crap all too well. I am just out of distance to be a needy single mom, but I see the treatment my sister gets, she asked my grandma to babysit for her and my grandma said no because my niece is too bad. She is not bad, she is more rambunctious than most but not bad at all imo, but my sister is the black sheep and her kids are half AA so I think that has something to do with it. I think people would help me if i lived closer but i see how they talk about my sister as being a mooch. I don't even like to ask anyone for anything because of the way she is portrayed as the single mom and I always pay relatives to watch my kids, always.
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 08:09 PM 06-30-2014
Printer is out of ink. Im hoping to buy more with hubbys bonus check. Im just trying to figure out the cheapest option. My number one reason for the printer is free printables for homeschooling. The second big use is printing out coupons. Im not great at couponing yet by any stretch. I am pretty sure I can get refilled ink cartridges for super cheap through amazon, which Ive heard works well for everyday printing but not for coupons. That means Id have to make sure I buy the paper every week for coupons. Ive got a couple days to decide, maybe I will wait and see how our first monthly trip goes.
dueinsept14's Avatar dueinsept14 08:42 PM 06-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post
Printer is out of ink. Im hoping to buy more with hubbys bonus check. Im just trying to figure out the cheapest option. My number one reason for the printer is free printables for homeschooling. The second big use is printing out coupons. Im not great at couponing yet by any stretch. I am pretty sure I can get refilled ink cartridges for super cheap through amazon, which Ive heard works well for everyday printing but not for coupons. That means Id have to make sure I buy the paper every week for coupons. Ive got a couple days to decide, maybe I will wait and see how our first monthly trip goes.
klip2save.com is reliable IMO and I have done a few high volume orders.
Tags: Frugality , Finances
First ... 12  20  21  22 23  24  32  ... Last

Up