2014 Low Income Support Thread - Page 24 - Mothering Forums
First ... 14  22  23  24 25  26  34  ... Last
Frugality & Finances > 2014 Low Income Support Thread
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 02:01 PM 07-07-2014
Family fun day and free bus to the beach? Justmama I need to move to your complex!

Never heard from my sister on hlueberry picking so I headed to aldi and was able to buy a case. Most are in the freezer but a pint is out, along with cherries we got a great deal on. I think Ive gotten the stockup list whittled down to things on sale (huge jug of dishsoap) and things at best prices if I stock up (like toothpaste, coffee, and butter). So Im not hoarding food/household supplies and I have a few more dollars in ef fund. I also perfected rest of shopping list and monthly meal plan.

A neighbor yesterday dropped off two boxes of childrens books! I pulled out a coule walmart bags worth for others but I still need to go into the playroom today and organize and make room!

crazyms's Avatar crazyms 02:28 PM 07-07-2014
Glad you got your list worked out. Getting the shopping list and meal plan done is great! I need to work on ours. We need to do a pantry clean out month or so and get everything out of here to start fresh. I need to do some diet changes here but need to get rid of some already bought stuff first.

We're going to relax this week until our beach day on Saturday. I paid the rent and will pay the light bill online today. Once that's done I need to check our budget for the month now that I have dates for when the checks will be coming in with this schedule change.
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 08:15 PM 07-07-2014
Got the organizing I can done. Im borrowing some rubbermaid totes from my dad later this week, and my husband is bringing me small boxes home to finish my grand design lol. I moved a shelf from my back porch into my toy library so we would have room for games and puzzles. Im organizing our books by category into the little boxes on our booksheves. Organized and free!

My apt complex is starting to hold less and less appeal to me. Now a neighbor that was becoming a friend is showing some paranoid tendencies. My daughter used to go visit her often and pet her service dog (lady has fibromyalga) and Im not feeling as comfortable about that.
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 10:53 PM 07-07-2014
That's awesome! Getting something organized always makes me smile... now if only I could do it more often! I use little plastic baskets I found at a dollar store for organizing the kids books on the shelf. Makes it a lot easier since they can take a basket out to go through or carry without messing up all the books. It sucks you may not be able to carry on a relationship with a new friend. Is there are way around it?
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 11:29 PM 07-07-2014
Im doing the same concept as dollar store bins, just free lol. Im going to organize by subject somewhat so I can actually find a certain book when I need it. Sickly enough, Im looking forward to it. I love to organize lol.

As for the neighbor/friend. ehhh, Im still processing. I hope I can talk to dh tonight. She has always been paranoid about other neighbors disliking her and saying/thinking things about her. I just blew it off. The past few times that my dd has been over to visit neighbor has said dd has acted out a bit, and I took her word for it bc dd had been doing similar things at home. Today my dd visited and they both came over very upset. Neighbor was talking about my daughter having repeatedly lied and having done a handful of things that were fairly serious (like letting the service dog out without its leash to run, barging into another neighbors home uninvited etc) but as the conversation continues it comes out all of these actions may or may not have happened all the way in the beginning on June. My dd is five and neighbor lady randomly confronted her about actions six weeks ago out of nowhere and then doesnt like her response. Im like huh? I found the whole thing bizarre. And then the neighbor grounded dd from her home for a week. It was pretty sudden, and there were lots of distractions from my children and hers, so I didnt have much time to absorb it. But as the night has worn on it just rubs me the wrong way somehow.

On a positive note, I am grateful for my freezer cooking. My roast too longer than expected in the crockpot so kiddos and I had a quick supper of homemade burritos I make and toss in the freezer
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 11:35 PM 07-07-2014
That is strange. If it wasn't a problem at the time it happened then it wasn't a problem, don't come to me with weeks old problems. Yeah I would probably avoid her.

We love homemade burritos here. Today I tested a new recipe - shrimp fried rice cooked paleo style with cauliflower rice. It was awesome! If the cauliflower rice works this well in other recipes then I'll have a great substitute for rice when we can get a good deal on cauliflower! I'm excited about that since any way I can up the veggie count around here is good.
justmama's Avatar justmama 02:53 PM 07-08-2014
Exhaustion. Total....total....exhaustion. Clinicals is going well. My patients are mostly kind and grateful and the one dude that isn't is starting to come around. I heard he can be a bit cranky anyway so I don't think it's just towards me. Unfortunately it's a night that the kids go with daddy and then they are sleeping over at my parents' house since I go to clinicals so early that I got to see them for just 2 1/2 hours before I sent them off again. I won't see them again until tomorrow afternoon. It's just sad.

We are SO low on food that I'm starting to have lots of trouble putting things together for meals. Some super weird combos. But I called the food pantry for an appt. I'm hoping that "once per month" means whenever during that calender month instead of "wait until the 16th because you came on the 16th last month). We can't wait another week. Scary. I'm SO broke. I'll hit another pantry in another town if I HAVE TO but I'd like to go to the one close by since they have evening hours.

Gratefuls:

-even though I miss them terribly, my kids are having an awesome time with grandma and grandpa during the day.

-I'm going to use my free evening to go running tonight and de-stress.

-my best friend: coffee!

-laundry in my apartment. I don't know what I would do without it. Having to wait to wash scrubs in the laundromat would be impossible. I'd be there every day.

-my health. Some of my patients are just SO ill with infections that are antibiotic-resistant and gowning, masking, and gloving up for each one is a constant reminder that health can be so fleeting. I want to take a moment to acknowledge my joy at being healthy and strong.
justmama's Avatar justmama 02:58 PM 07-08-2014
I tried to quote but it wouldn't let me.



Mylie, you didn't say, how's the job hunt going? I'm SO glad your rent was paid and you have a little breathing room. I was really really worried about you.


happyhats, re: your neighbor.....I wouldn't worry too much. Some people aren't really capable of appropriate child-adult interaction. She probably doesn't reali*e that your daughter doesn't remember or understand that something that happened 6 weeks ago wasn't appropriate. That's normal for a child. I would give the neighbor a little space for a while and see if she comes around.

cra*yms, your recipe sounds good. Are you paleo all the time or just a recipe here and there? Being a vegetarian, that would REALLY limit me. I'm intrigued though. We did a pantry clean-out by default and it's pretty empty now. It's ama*ing what you can do with those last few cans and boxes of things that are hiding. Being creative with our food is fun.....at first anyway.
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 04:56 PM 07-08-2014
justmama, be sure to pm me here or on fb if you need help. I dont have much but hopefully I could pp enough to help out.

Im doing a baking/cooking day! Blueberry banana baked oatmeal, pink lemonade cake with cream cheese frosting, and baked spaghetti for dinner. Im also trying to organize bookshelves more with some small boxes I stole from my living room.

As for the neighbor, Im honestly thinking there may be a mental health issue. In short she is claiming my dd has twice purposefully put a third neighbors dog in danger bc she was jealous, pushed her way inside third party neighbors home and basically backtalked/harrassed her, and later on lied. I talked to my husband, who picked dd up from third party neighbors one of these days. He says dd was welcomed in, and he accidently let the dog out. I also talked to my neice, who was over at my neighbors house when everything happened. She says my dd was watching a video while my neice and the neighbors son were off playing a video game, and that neice heard my neighbor suddenly start raising her voice at my dd and then told the kids she had been lying. Im not sure whether to confront her or not but I do think she really believes my dd did all this. I know I just dont feel comfortable with dd going over as often, which had been a couple hrs a week.
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 05:44 PM 07-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
I tried to quote but it wouldn't let me.



Mylie, you didn't say, how's the job hunt going? I'm SO glad your rent was paid and you have a little breathing room. I was really really worried about you.


happyhats, re: your neighbor.....I wouldn't worry too much. Some people aren't really capable of appropriate child-adult interaction. She probably doesn't reali*e that your daughter doesn't remember or understand that something that happened 6 weeks ago wasn't appropriate. That's normal for a child. I would give the neighbor a little space for a while and see if she comes around.

cra*yms, your recipe sounds good. Are you paleo all the time or just a recipe here and there? Being a vegetarian, that would REALLY limit me. I'm intrigued though. We did a pantry clean-out by default and it's pretty empty now. It's ama*ing what you can do with those last few cans and boxes of things that are hiding. Being creative with our food is fun.....at first anyway.
I'm not paleo just trying out some recipes. We need to make some diet changes and were working gluten off the menu but since I currently don't have an oven a lot of my gluten free access is gone. I can't afford to buy the gluten free substitutes but was baking stuff like bread and such at home until now. Honestly the gluten free is basically paleo once you can't bake lol. I was testing out some recipes. We need to do some diet changes and see if it'll help with some issues with the kids. DD is lactose intolerant although the specialist said she isn't celiac we need to see if a full gf diet will help her since we've gotten no other answers yet.


Well things are ticking along here. Doing some cleaning and desperately need to get rid of some stuff. I really want to get everything reorganized before we officially start homeschooling for the year.
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 05:48 PM 07-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
Exhaustion. Total....total....exhaustion. Clinicals is going well. My patients are mostly kind and grateful and the one dude that isn't is starting to come around. I heard he can be a bit cranky anyway so I don't think it's just towards me. Unfortunately it's a night that the kids go with daddy and then they are sleeping over at my parents' house since I go to clinicals so early that I got to see them for just 2 1/2 hours before I sent them off again. I won't see them again until tomorrow afternoon. It's just sad.

We are SO low on food that I'm starting to have lots of trouble putting things together for meals. Some super weird combos. But I called the food pantry for an appt. I'm hoping that "once per month" means whenever during that calender month instead of "wait until the 16th because you came on the 16th last month). We can't wait another week. Scary. I'm SO broke. I'll hit another pantry in another town if I HAVE TO but I'd like to go to the one close by since they have evening hours.

Gratefuls:

-even though I miss them terribly, my kids are having an awesome time with grandma and grandpa during the day.

-I'm going to use my free evening to go running tonight and de-stress.

-my best friend: coffee!

-laundry in my apartment. I don't know what I would do without it. Having to wait to wash scrubs in the laundromat would be impossible. I'd be there every day.

-my health. Some of my patients are just SO ill with infections that are antibiotic-resistant and gowning, masking, and gloving up for each one is a constant reminder that health can be so fleeting. I want to take a moment to acknowledge my joy at being healthy and strong.
The time away from the kids sucks. I've had to do that plenty over the years and hated it but it will pass. At least you're close to done! As far as the food definitely check with the other food banks. Do you have WIC or qualify for it? It can be a big help if you can get it. Have you gotten food stamps?
justmama's Avatar justmama 06:14 PM 07-08-2014
We don't qualify for WIC. My youngest is 6. We don't even qualify for food stamps anymore. Our income as a family of 4 qualifies but because my youngest is 6 and I'm in a training class and not working, I don't qualify. The kids qualify but as a family of 3, the income is $52 too high. We get a lot in child support. So I'm right in that weird spot where I can't afford anything and need a little help but I make too much for help. I am spending a TON in gas right now because my clinicals are 27miles away one way. Just another 8 days left to drive back and forth though. SO close.
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 06:58 PM 07-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
We don't qualify for WIC. My youngest is 6. We don't even qualify for food stamps anymore. Our income as a family of 4 qualifies but because my youngest is 6 and I'm in a training class and not working, I don't qualify. The kids qualify but as a family of 3, the income is $52 too high. We get a lot in child support. So I'm right in that weird spot where I can't afford anything and need a little help but I make too much for help. I am spending a TON in gas right now because my clinicals are 27miles away one way. Just another 8 days left to drive back and forth though. SO close.
Ugh I know exactly the spot you mean since I've spent most of my life in it. I'm so glad you're almost done with your program. That's amazing! Try looking at the food ministry programs for grocery shopping. If there's one in your area and your family can eat a "normal" diet then it can save a lot of money sometimes - depends on the program. Another thing if one of those programs exist you have to pre order and then pick up for the packages is on a set day. Any thing that isn't picked up is donated. You could check with your local program to see how the donations work because you might could get some food that way. Definitely check out the other food banks. If you have them they can be a massive help. We are very limited here in options and what few exist are extremely over run. It's impossible to get in there for help. You will qualify for food stamps once you start work though? That'll be a huge help. If that's the case then maybe you only have to get through a couple more weeks I hope. I'll post back if I can think of any other ideas.
Mylie's Avatar Mylie 08:06 PM 07-08-2014
The job hunting is going slow....I live in such a rural area that Jobs are scarse...I Have put in with the local Schools for hours as an aide/cafetería help...It is partime but the school hours appeal to me...I hate putting L in daycare and working for the school I will be Off when she is...so we will see...I am eligible for unemployment until October...My amount Did go down but my food card should go up a bit and I got Full Medical as of July 1st and that is a BIG weight Off my shoulders...

My gratefuls..

I Have my home....

My freezer and pantry are Full.

We found Tarzan and Jane at goodwill today for $1...very happy 6 year old..

Sweet friends...
frugalmama's Avatar frugalmama 08:15 PM 07-08-2014
Justmama - *hugs* I wish I lived closer - I would totally send you home with a boatload of groceries. Hopefully the food pantry will be able to help you out.


I know just what you mean about being grateful for good health - I am grateful for every day I can get up, get around & get done what needs to be. So many days I can't - either due to joint pain, fatigue, or this lovely autoimmune I battle with on a daily basis. Right now I am freaking out slightly about said autoimmune - I keep having bouts of severe nausea, which is the main symptom I had before diagnosis. I am terrified that it's coming out of the medication induced remission. I've done so good until now - it's been almost 7 years since I was diagnosed. I've been ultra careful - avoiding anything that might boost my immune system because at first even something as simple as taking a Vit. C tablet was enough to throw my immune system into overdrive. My Dr put me on Vit. D last month since I tested way low, and I am worried that it has boosted my immune system. I stopped taking it, and am hoping the autoimmune will calm back down. If it doesn't calm down in another week, then I'll have to go in
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 11:45 PM 07-08-2014
Oh my well we had a great week for a bit there. Justmama totally pm if you need something. I'm still trying to come up with more ideas and I'm at a loss right now.

Mylie I hope you can get the school job. How much of an income increase do you need? If it's possible for you maybe you could consider in store demos, mystery shopping, store resets and things like that. They aren't a ton of money but it adds up and you set your own schedule. I hope you can find something soon. Rural job searches can be a pain!

Frugalmama - I hope you get to feeling better. Here's to hoping the Vit D was the cause and it'll go away quickly. I would definitely have a word with the doctor about it either way though so he knows how to treat from here on out.
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 04:56 PM 07-10-2014
So hubbys not getting his bonus check now until end of this month. Grrr. Its not a dire need but I was really hoping to combine shopping trips. Plus I just think its bad management on his jobs part, but what can you do? But I do have some gratefuls-

Hubby is picking up our annual huge bage of corn tonight!
Hubby has overtime tomorrow and probably for the next month. We can always use extra money.
Im getting free kefir grains this sat. to try my hand at milk kefir. I hope I dont screw it up lol. Ive been wanting to try out kefir for some time.
justmama's Avatar justmama 04:10 AM 07-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post
Ugh I know exactly the spot you mean since I've spent most of my life in it. I'm so glad you're almost done with your program. That's amazing! Try looking at the food ministry programs for grocery shopping. If there's one in your area and your family can eat a "normal" diet then it can save a lot of money sometimes - depends on the program. Another thing if one of those programs exist you have to pre order and then pick up for the packages is on a set day. Any thing that isn't picked up is donated. You could check with your local program to see how the donations work because you might could get some food that way. Definitely check out the other food banks. If you have them they can be a massive help. We are very limited here in options and what few exist are extremely over run. It's impossible to get in there for help. You will qualify for food stamps once you start work though? That'll be a huge help. If that's the case then maybe you only have to get through a couple more weeks I hope. I'll post back if I can think of any other ideas.

No, my income will be too high once I begin working. I wish it was going to put me in a better spot financially but I have a bad feeling that I'll be over the daycare assistance guidelines by like $2 per hour or so and I won't get daycare assistance but I won't have enough money to pay for it. There's not much of a light at the end of this tunnel. On the one hand, a certification and a skilled job is better than selling sunglasses for crap pay but on the other hand, I'm not MUCH better off financially from all my hard work. Sucks.
There's no food ministry programs that I can find. No church-based ones(from extensive googling) that I can find and Bountiful Baskets isn't even within several hours' drive of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post
The job hunting is going slow....I live in such a rural area that Jobs are scarse...I Have put in with the local Schools for hours as an aide/cafetería help...It is partime but the school hours appeal to me...I hate putting L in daycare and working for the school I will be Off when she is...so we will see...I am eligible for unemployment until October...My amount Did go down but my food card should go up a bit and I got Full Medical as of July 1st and that is a BIG weight Off my shoulders...

My gratefuls..

I Have my home....

My freezer and pantry are Full.

We found Tarzan and Jane at goodwill today for $1...very happy 6 year old..

Sweet friends...
A job in the school sounds great. Maybe you can substitute as well? Sometimes a long-term position would be available and you'd have a "regular" job for a few months for someone's maternity leave or whatever. That would be awesome for you. Just check into your state's laws because subs don't need certification in my state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post
Justmama - *hugs* I wish I lived closer - I would totally send you home with a boatload of groceries. Hopefully the food pantry will be able to help you out.


I know just what you mean about being grateful for good health - I am grateful for every day I can get up, get around & get done what needs to be. So many days I can't - either due to joint pain, fatigue, or this lovely autoimmune I battle with on a daily basis. Right now I am freaking out slightly about said autoimmune - I keep having bouts of severe nausea, which is the main symptom I had before diagnosis. I am terrified that it's coming out of the medication induced remission. I've done so good until now - it's been almost 7 years since I was diagnosed. I've been ultra careful - avoiding anything that might boost my immune system because at first even something as simple as taking a Vit. C tablet was enough to throw my immune system into overdrive. My Dr put me on Vit. D last month since I tested way low, and I am worried that it has boosted my immune system. I stopped taking it, and am hoping the autoimmune will calm back down. If it doesn't calm down in another week, then I'll have to go in
That's a terrible balancing act with the immune system issues. My friend has Ulcerative Colitis and she walks that line too. It's awful when she's in a flare. Autoimmune Disorders suck. She struggles so much sometimes that it's just devastating to watch and be able to do nothing. She can't afford to treat it properly because she has crappy insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post
So hubbys not getting his bonus check now until end of this month. Grrr. Its not a dire need but I was really hoping to combine shopping trips. Plus I just think its bad management on his jobs part, but what can you do? But I do have some gratefuls-

Hubby is picking up our annual huge bage of corn tonight!
Hubby has overtime tomorrow and probably for the next month. We can always use extra money.
Im getting free kefir grains this sat. to try my hand at milk kefir. I hope I dont screw it up lol. Ive been wanting to try out kefir for some time.
You totally saved my hiney the other night. I went and got that baking soda last night and did the tutorial on pinterest for turning it into washing soda. I don't know if I did it correctly because I didn't see much change in it but I follow it exactly. But I made my laundry detergent and I didn't even wait overnight for it to gel up since I was out of clean scrubs and washed a load with it and it worked nicely. So I'm not sure if the baking soda to washing soda worked or not but the clothing all came out clean and fresh smelling so I'm calling it a success. I love you!


Gratefuls:
-coffee. This 5am stuff sucks.

-one more week until I graduate. I got this. I'm so close!!!

-these: http://www.frugals.ca/recipe-peanut-...e-dough-bites/ Yes, I'm eating two for breakfast. They really fill me up and keep me full until lunchtime. And besides, cookies for breakfast??? yes please!

-beach last night with a friend. We brought the kids and sat and chatted and listened to a free concert. Lovely time. I'm lucky to have her for a friend
frugalmama's Avatar frugalmama 08:27 AM 07-11-2014
FYI if you do Savingstar {or have a store near you that is eligible} - the Friday freebie this week is Toilet paper Not a big pack, but hey free is good


Trying to just keep swimming here. Not in a good place mentally - I'm trying to claw my way out, but it's not going well. Been trying to keep busy so I don't do something I will regret. Spent yesterday re-doing my shipping supplies area, now it isn't quite so messy & I can find what I need. Going to work on listing some books locally today - trying to clear them out so I have less clutter.

Gratefuls:

~ Plenty of food in the house
~ Ebay to make money with - so far this month I've sold 3 things.
~ Tax payment made for the month
~ Most of the bills paid
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 01:21 PM 07-11-2014
Tomorrow is going to be a long but frugal day. My mom and sister convinced me to go yardsaling. Then we have to hit the library for a book my husband had on hold so Im sure we will all pop in. Then probably picking up free keifer grains, then lastly shopping. If we arent too exhausted we might pop over to a friends in the city. She has a little wading pool for the kids and I have a wm bag of chapter books for her daughter. Sun will be a lazy day for sure lol!

Im about to go divide a bag of corn with my sister and then figure out dinner. Either thai peanut pork ala crockpot (www.iamthatlady.com) or baked spaghetti, which is literally just that and dresses up that cheap favorite.

Im skirting right around 300 for monthly groceries, which is my goal, but I also did quite a bit of stocking up ( blueberries, corn, couple spices) out of that. So I think we are doing well, and now I just need to work on stockpiling enough vs too much.
dueinsept14's Avatar dueinsept14 01:33 PM 07-11-2014
All went to heck with our possible home. Please any prayers/good vibes you can spare as we will be homeless by end of the year at this point in time. Turning off cable soon. Keeping net as husband needs it for eBay selling. It is looking so bad and pregnancy hormones are not helping with this crap.
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 02:52 PM 07-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
No, my income will be too high once I begin working. I wish it was going to put me in a better spot financially but I have a bad feeling that I'll be over the daycare assistance guidelines by like $2 per hour or so and I won't get daycare assistance but I won't have enough money to pay for it. There's not much of a light at the end of this tunnel. On the one hand, a certification and a skilled job is better than selling sunglasses for crap pay but on the other hand, I'm not MUCH better off financially from all my hard work. Sucks.
There's no food ministry programs that I can find. No church-based ones(from extensive googling) that I can find and Bountiful Baskets isn't even within several hours' drive of me.
Sorry you can't find a program there. If I can think of any more ideas I'll let you know. I definitely understand the childcare issue. Is there anyway you might could get cheaper childcare through a SAHM or something? Even that is expensive but I hope you can find something that will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post
FYI if you do Savingstar {or have a store near you that is eligible} - the Friday freebie this week is Toilet paper Not a big pack, but hey free is good


Trying to just keep swimming here. Not in a good place mentally - I'm trying to claw my way out, but it's not going well. Been trying to keep busy so I don't do something I will regret. Spent yesterday re-doing my shipping supplies area, now it isn't quite so messy & I can find what I need. Going to work on listing some books locally today - trying to clear them out so I have less clutter.

Gratefuls:

~ Plenty of food in the house
~ Ebay to make money with - so far this month I've sold 3 things.
~ Tax payment made for the month
~ Most of the bills paid
I'm glad you've gotten some of your ebay things to sell. I hope more sells for you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post
Tomorrow is going to be a long but frugal day. My mom and sister convinced me to go yardsaling. Then we have to hit the library for a book my husband had on hold so Im sure we will all pop in. Then probably picking up free keifer grains, then lastly shopping. If we arent too exhausted we might pop over to a friends in the city. She has a little wading pool for the kids and I have a wm bag of chapter books for her daughter. Sun will be a lazy day for sure lol!

Im about to go divide a bag of corn with my sister and then figure out dinner. Either thai peanut pork ala crockpot (www.iamthatlady.com) or baked spaghetti, which is literally just that and dresses up that cheap favorite.

Im skirting right around 300 for monthly groceries, which is my goal, but I also did quite a bit of stocking up ( blueberries, corn, couple spices) out of that. So I think we are doing well, and now I just need to work on stockpiling enough vs too much.
Sounds like an awesome day! $300 a month isn't bad for groceries. I'm working our way through the pantry now and trying to work us out a new monthly menu that will be cheaper since we need to make some diet changes. I hope we can stay at $300 or below. Any lower I can get the grocery bill is more money saved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dueinsept14 View Post
All went to heck with our possible home. Please any prayers/good vibes you can spare as we will be homeless by end of the year at this point in time. Turning off cable soon. Keeping net as husband needs it for eBay selling. It is looking so bad and pregnancy hormones are not helping with this crap.
I'm sorry about your home. Sending lots of good energy your way. I hope you can find something else.
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 02:55 PM 07-11-2014
Everything is moving along here. It's boring and lonely with dh gone so long and I've been feeling out of it. Just not feeling up to doing anything. I'm hoping to get some things done today and feel better. I think our beach plans for tomorrow got cancelled. Debating whether I'll be brave enough to take the kids alone or try to find us something else to do. I so wish I lived in a safe area so I could leave the house with my children and have things to do without driving over an hour away
heyxxmcfly's Avatar heyxxmcfly 08:41 PM 07-11-2014
I know I don't post ever anymore but I just need to vent a bit.
I FINALLY got a job at CVS and I was supposed to start this coming Monday and work most of the week.

I noticed Wednesday that the charges for DS day school were wrong and so I asked the teacher and we found out that the state assistance expired the week before. Well on Thursday when I picked him up there was a note that unless we paid the full balance of $249 by Friday that he was no longer allowed back. After scrambling to get the state stuff worked out all day today, I couldn't get what they wanted so DS is out of school. I found out I have to wait 15 days for the paperwork to be processed too. I cant work without childcare and I dont get childcare if I cant pay for it.

I FINALLY get ahead just a smidge and now I have to completely stop everything again ):
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 09:09 PM 07-11-2014
Aww hexxfly that sucks! Can you maybe see if the dc orcanother dc will let you back in now that its been resolved? Anyone that could help in a pinch? Or maybe you could have yr job held?

Dueinsept, I dont know what yr housing situation is but Im praying hard for you!
heyxxmcfly's Avatar heyxxmcfly 09:23 PM 07-11-2014
Happyhats, I've told my manager what's going on and he's being very helpful but the dc said even if we paid the $250 we owe, we'd still owe the full $360 the following monday because i had already asked my mom to help pay part before. She thought that we owed $124 with the state aid for two weeks but apparently not. So I'm very fed up with the way they handled all of it. I asked tonight if there was a way to just keep him there till we received the letter with the approval but was told a big ole NO :/
My mom works full time, so I'm pretty much on my own till I get that silly little letter.
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 12:16 AM 07-12-2014
Oh that's awful. Could you rearrange your work hours somehow until the letter comes in so your mom or someone could watch him? Is there another daycare you could use? I know when I had to try to put mine in daycare and was applying for the child care assistance at one point I found a day care that would work with you on getting your assistance and payments. Maybe call around and see if a different daycare might be an option. Also I'm not sure how it works in your state but here you can use a facility or use the assistance to pay an individual. Could you maybe get an individual to keep him until your paperwork comes in at least?
happyhats's Avatar happyhats 09:10 AM 07-12-2014
Two shirts and a jacket for ds, two Christmas giftables nip, and three k level science books for dd for under ten bucks. I also got a childs bike for free thats in rough shape but has training wheels for ds bike. Ontop of that my mom bought me a digital photo frame for two dollars and some circuit lego cars for three dollars (I told mom to save them for Christmas or birthday but grandmas spoil lol).
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 09:25 AM 07-12-2014
Awesome shopping day happyhats! The bike is great news! Our kids have some bikes we'd bought cheap used and have just recently been getting fixed up for them now that we have somewhere for them to ride. Dh wanted to get us bikes so we could all ride together but it was out of budget. Luckily a friend of his happened to call and ask him if he'd want one. When dh was headed to pick it up though the guy had found two instead of one in his storage building and gave them both to dh! Now we both have bikes just need to fix them up and get a few parts for them as they're old. It'll be great when we get them all going though.

Today was suppose to be beach day for us and it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Everyone has bailed on me and now I have no one to go with us. I'm just not brave enough to drive the 2 hr one way drive there and back plus be on the beach alone with 3 kids. It's just too much for me in one day and I'd be too worried something could happen with 3 kids on the beach and only one adult. I'm going to have to find something else fun to do this week though. They really need to get out and enjoy something.
Mylie's Avatar Mylie 01:32 PM 07-12-2014
Whooooweeeeee.....I flaked by that by the skin of my teeth...

I was down at the riverpark with my little one and when we left a policeman followed me all the way up and around...then he hit his lights...I was not speeding ect...Gave her my licence and insurance....My Tags were expired!!! I thought I had till the end of the month...guess not...at least she Didnt give me a ticket....Thank goodness...So we are without a car till my check comes...

Gratefuls....
NO ticket!!!!

How is everyone elses Saturday going?? Lol
Tags: Frugality , Finances
First ... 14  22  23  24 25  26  34  ... Last

Up