Forum Jump: 
 67Likes

#751 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmomma05 View Post
I haven't written on here in awhile. Things have been crazy. My parents split up after almost 40 years of marriage and us kids are put in the middle on top of my mom ruining everyone's names with lies.

I also found out we are expecting baby #4 and we finally was approved for Medicaid and WIC but still don't qualify for fs. Things are rough around here money wise. Hope everyone is doing okay

*Emi* excuse typos!
Ugh that must have been crazy with your parents splitting up. I hope your family is adjusting well and things will get to a new normal for everyone soon. Congratulations on the new baby!!!

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#752 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 03:25 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Zeb - no specific mentions or quotes, but I wanted to let you know I have BTDT (same but different, ya know?) and it was far and away the worst time of my life. Hang in there; the end is in sight! We will be here for you through it.

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

#753 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 04:00 PM

I'm going to completely agree with Rhu here! Same here. PM if you need ANYthing! I hope the best for your family.

#754 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Crazyms - I second your suggestions for cutting costs. I would also add in couponing if at all possible - every bit helps. I buy a lot of my non-food items on clearance & pair a coupon with it so I get them free or nearly free. Also I do sweepstakes - there are many good ones out there. Slickdeals has a good forum for them.

averysmomma05 - Congrats on the little one!

Briannasauntie - Welcome! I don't know if you have one in your area, but you might see if you have a Senior or low income commodities program. I know the one here is for 55+, but if you are SSDI or SS you can get help at any age.

Zebra - HUGS & more HUGS. This is something I fear too.
#755 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post
Ugh that must have been crazy with your parents splitting up. I hope your family is adjusting well and things will get to a new normal for everyone soon. Congratulations on the new baby!!!

The kicker is my mom left for another man. Totally unexpected and a huge slap in the face considering she is a ultra conservative church person. Oh well things are okay our family has split and only my twin sis and brother and dad talk now. Mom and her family completely cut us out. Thank you about the new baby! I am shocked and excited but will be done after this one.

*Emi* excuse typos!

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#756 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 04:11 PM

Couponing is another good idea. I've gotten away from it lately but it can definitely help. I especially liked to do coupons at the stores like Fred's, Dollar General, Walgreens or CVS and such because I could often find a store coupon to go with their sale AND a manufacturer's coupon. I have gotten items extremely cheap that way like .25 canned vegetables and $1 for a jar of Kraft mayo. The cash back and points systems at stores can help sometimes too. I know (at least here) that Dollar General prints a coupon at the bottom of all their receipts for so much off a purchase usually about $5 off a $25 purchase although I've seen others pop up from time to time. When I went past the local store often I'd pop in and grab a small item like a drink or candy or something small I needed to get that receipt coupon then go back on Saturday to use it and get money off my shopping trip for groceries and such. These coupons worked even with fs.

I also found that my Rainbow Foods Co-op does discounts for members once a month of 10% off total purchase. They accepted FS and I could get my non food items cheap or free doing this. I once bought a $11 or so bottle of Rescue Remedy plus my groceries. They took the 10% total purchase, ran the FS then my cash amount came to just over $1!!! I got my rescue remedy nearly free!

#757 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 04:14 PM

WOW! Emi that really was a shock! I'm glad things are okay. Yay on the baby. I've thought about a 4th but dh is totally done with the baby phase.

#758 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Welcome Briannasauntie! My biggest suggestion would be checking out local food pantries. Im thinking of both of you, Zebra and averysmom. Can you officially complain about this dr now, zebra? Congrats, avery!

well, my extra check isnt looking so extra anymore. The car needs an oil change, we need to prepay on the damn loan, and there are some bills we are behind on. I hope now we will be caught up and that we may even have a few dollars to save, but Im disappointed. And Im really going to have to keep on dh about leaving the debit card at home, hes been swiping at fast.food.places and gas stations all week. Grrr.

Meanwhile kids are grumpy and picking at each other all afternoon and Im having horrible pms. Thank goodness chores are done and dinner is going to be easy. Im thinking of trying out some fruit infused lemonade to cheer me up.
#759 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 05:52 PM

Ugh happyhats that sucks. I'm going to be having a word with my dh about the debit card tonight too! He actually called me the other night to make sure we had money to pick up a few things at Walmart. Okay fine he told me what he was wanting to get and I said ok so about 30-40 that's fine. Now I check the bank and he spent a little over $80!! Plus he's spent other random small amounts. We're going to have a serious melt down this evening. I'd been letting him just keep the card but he doesn't realize how much he spends that way. I'm going to start sending him with the credit card (only a $200 limit) for gas and some cash for other stuff but no debit card so he can be more careful about what he's spending. Agghhhhhh. Same here with the pms and crazy kiddos. Maybe it's just one of those days going around.

I think we're going to do a little picking up, have an easy dinner and then snuggle down with a movie. I hope I can perk up tomorrow. I know I'll feel better once dh's check appears late tonight but until then I'm kinda freaking out over here.

#760 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 06:38 PM

I worked at dollar general up until last month and if you ask they usually keep extra coupons for the $5/$25 on Saturdays if you need one. We always gave them away. Also, prices change on Tuesdays so that is usually when everything is marked down super cheap.

*Emi* excuse typos!

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#761 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 09:08 PM

well its not absolutely official yet but I think hubby has gotten a raise hes been waiting for. That will give us a couple hundred more per month. I hope its true! We could be looking for a home that much sooner!
#762 of 1273 Old 07-16-2014, 09:26 PM

That's awesome happyhats! My dh just started making more money with this new job schedule and it's going to get us in a home soooo much quicker than we would have been waiting. I hope your dh did get his raise!

#763 of 1273 Old 07-17-2014, 03:21 PM

We should know for sure tonight or Mon about hubbys raise. The kiddos are off playing at my parents a few hrs so Im having some downtime listening to pandora and reading free magazines. Chicken salsa for dinner. And my mom brought us zuchinni bread so thats tomorrows breakfast! All in all a good frugal day. I think the kiddos and I will read a president book and watch Ben and Me when they get home.
#764 of 1273 Old 07-17-2014, 04:06 PM

Sounds like a nice day at your house happyhats. I've been working on washing all the bedding today and have sheets hanging on the clothesline right now. I really want to get some more cleaning done but I just haven't gotten motivated. It sucks too. I have the energy today that I feel like I want to clean and get some stuff done and I'm just looking at a roadblock instead. We have SOOOOO much stuff we need to get rid of. I've been working on it and have boxed and bagged up a lot of stuff so far but now it's just sitting there. It isn't feasible for me to haul it to charity until dh returns next week so I'm stuck with it for now. This house is too small for it. That's why I need to declutter but in the meantime it's difficult to work around the stuff I'm getting ready to toss and it's just stalling me on getting anything done. Ugh

#765 of 1273 Old 07-17-2014, 04:58 PM

Crazy- i feel the same way about stuff in my house. So much stuff and we are 5 soon to be 6 in 900 or so sq ft.

Listed some stuff in fb group for sale so hoping most of it sales. Really want to go to the flea market this weekend to check out a tent I seen there last week.

Back to work tomorrow so just been a lazy day around home. Hope everyone is good.

*Emi* excuse typos!

#766 of 1273 Old 07-17-2014, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We are 2 with baby coming and I really never thought of SF being an issue as long as we got 2 toilets lol. We were 5 in 1000SF. I liked it as everything was right there and never felt to lost. I was at a friends and her house was close to 2000 and it was strange to me-odd how you adjust.

Got to go out and eat as a birthday present. It was GREAT! Had a blast and it was what I needed to get myself back on track with the other issues at hand. This week was pretty bad with depression from the money/housing. I know what I need to do to get it back on track but you just get into that ditch that we all know to well.

Got coupons planned out for next weeks circular so excited for that as some items we really need. Building stockpile even though it is more to move as REALLY want to not have much shopping to do after baby is here. Got depressed from the stockpile vs moving it but like the baby items rather have it now then not know what is around the corner and be faced with that.

Was able to donate a few items that I got for free/nearly free from coupons that I would not use and know that will help people out. I do not like giving money when I can give time/couponing skills.

Got a few things together to donate. Also need to look for some shirts for husband at thrift store. Some of his shirts have been having laundry accidents to end their suffering HAHA!
#767 of 1273 Old 07-17-2014, 06:08 PM

My husband has had many clothes have laundry accidents over the years.

We are in a small house but it is much bigger than the camper we lived in for years as a family of 5. I'm not bothered by a small space but I am inspired by minimalism and we are definitely no where near that right now. I know I'd feel a lot better if I could massively declutter. I'm trying. I'll feel better after dh gets home next week so I can haul of this stuff that I packed up and finally get a little space in here. It just really is unmotivating to be trying and not getting any relief. Blah.

I think we're going to do a movie night and go to bed early. Maybe starting fresh early in the morning will help me feel better. Maybe.

#768 of 1273 Old 07-17-2014, 06:52 PM

So glad I am not the only one who doesn't mind small spaces. So tired of being ask daily are we going to get a bigger house before the baby comes. We could use one more bedroom but I am not stressing it.

*Emi* excuse typos!

#769 of 1273 Old 07-17-2014, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hi Mama's. I just needed to share with someone that might understand my excitement but I GET MY FIRST PAYCHECK TOMORROW! Its been over 3.5 years since I've been able to work and I'm so very excited even if it's slightly less than I had hoped.

- - - -
#770 of 1273 Old 07-17-2014, 07:35 PM

Yay hexx!!!!!

The raise is official!!! It will start showing next weeks check! Pulling out of some debt, getting some savings, and getting a home! And speaking of a home, nothing we are looking into is over 1500 feet.
#771 of 1273 Old 07-17-2014, 09:22 PM

Oh wow! Hexx that's great! I know that must feel absolutely amazing.
@happyhats I'm glad your raise is official finally! Next week's check is our first extra money check too. I can't wait!

The saving for a house and preparing to move is going to be such a long wait. I'm trying hard to work on it but there's so much to do and I know it's going to take at least a year. I guess I'm just antsy. I know I'll feel better once the extra money does start coming in and I can see things start coming off our to do list. Until we start seeing some progress in that direction I guess I just don't feel like it's real and I still feel stuck. Next week needs to come on!

#772 of 1273 Old 07-18-2014, 01:45 AM

soooo. Im on zillow, daydreaming about homeownership and I may have found a crazy deal. A home in a town I love, in a location I love for cheaper than my current rent (even counting pmi and homeowners insurance and full asking price). It calls itself a two bedroom but it looks like there would be a way to carve out a third bedroom. (I really need a three bed home bc we have a boy and girl and want to stay long term). Of course Im just daydreaming right now but oh, just maybe lol.
#773 of 1273 Old 07-18-2014, 02:00 AM

Dangerous! I've been doing that myself. Oh my it's a nice daydream although I know I'm still a long ways away from it. We still have to decide on an area too. I think we're going to take our first town scoping trip in a month though when dh comes back in after his next hitch! Yay!

#774 of 1273 Old 07-18-2014, 02:25 PM

Yeah, I talked myself back out of it. I think its good to look and decide what we would really like, within reason of course lol. For so long we have just been "making do" so thinking about what fits our needs is nice.
#775 of 1273 Old 07-18-2014, 02:46 PM

Oh yeah it's helpful to browse. I'm trying to research areas we might could move to and it's turning out harder than I thought it would be. I need to figure out how far dh is really wanting to consider moving. If it's a wide open search across the US it's going to be difficult. I did find the one town I think will be a good fit for us. I'm just having trouble finding anywhere else to look really. Ugh.

#776 of 1273 Old 07-18-2014, 03:39 PM

Frustrated. I have 2 accounts at a bank I've had for at least 5 years. One my Netflix comes out and I just put $10 in there to cover it. Well, we stopped netflix last month and started it back yesterday so they put 2 holds on my account and it overdrafted me for .30. Charged me a $35 fee so I sept forever on phone begging them to take it off. The nice lady did take it off. Ugh.

*Emi* excuse typos!

#777 of 1273 Old 07-18-2014, 03:43 PM

We are focused in two towns mainly. Close to hubbys job and to my family. I dont want to buy in our current town but we are only looking to move 30-60 mins away. Right now there are three places we really interested in.

Im just very frustrated with my apt. Currently the dishwasher is leaking, the plumbing is acting horribly, part of my stove is shorting out and our back porch light needs rewired. None of its being addressed. They keep wanting to do quarterly inspections and coming in to "inspect" but nothing gets fixed. For a couple hundred more I could have a home with a yard in very good condition (and thats including water and sewer). Im hoping that some things will be addressed next week but Im not holding my breathe.

Im thawing strawberries for strawberry shortcake baked oatmeal. Dinner tonight is left over salsa chicken or salmon patties. Need to go over some bills and do some quick housecleaning. Tomorrow is a get together for my sisters birthday and sun the whole family is hoping to hit a local attraction called Grants Farm. Sorta a petting zoo but you only have to pay parking and if youd like you can get inexpensive passes for a carousel ride, feeding baby goats, and a snow cone.
#778 of 1273 Old 07-18-2014, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Happyhats, I hope you have tons of fun out at Grants farm!

- - - -
#779 of 1273 Old 07-18-2014, 03:52 PM

Sounds like fun happy hats! Hubby had open house at work today and brought home bbq,hush puppies, tons and tons of deserts and 2 pizzas. I was so happy I could of cried!

*Emi* excuse typos!

#780 of 1273 Old 07-18-2014, 06:59 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I had a great grocery store experience today! I went by myself (yee-haw!) and got all the makings for 7 or 8 dinners, with lots of planned leftovers to free*e (like making 2 veggie lasagnas or quiches while I am at it and double batches of soups and chili), and at least 3 big batches of broth also to free*e from bones and trimmings, and a bunch of staples we were out of, and some cleaning products, and it all was less than $100! This is what can happen without 2 teenage assistants; one who is a gourmet cook (wants all sorts of fancy ingredients), and the other an athletic young man who prefers to eat to moment the urge strikes, rather than wait for Mom to actually cook. And my but that boy can eat!

Planning to hit the farm stands (not the trendy farmer's markets in town, but the real stands in the near by farm area) tomorrow to see what I can find a deal on to can. It is too early for apple sauce, probably corn too, and we didn't eat much of the jam I did last year. I am hoping for tomatoes for spaghetti sauce, and hoping to see something else great. I usually do 2 dozen quarts of various tomato sauce variations. I am open to any suggestions!!

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

Tags
Frugality , Finances

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page