2014 Low Income Support Thread - Page 28 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

#811 of 819 Old Today, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Keep up hope-it will get sorted. I know that means so little now when your in need.
#812 of 819 Old Today, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
It's a ling wait but I would take the confirmation and go to your office and ask to see your worker...That is probably the quickest way...be prepared to wait though
#813 of 819 Old Today, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I don't mind waiting, I'm just not sure if I should use the gas to go out there. I just got paid today and it's either spend some and go out there but risk not being able to cover the cost of dc without aid or just save it all to use for dc. Without aid, the full week of dc is around $260 for my ds. I'm not even sure how much my paycheck is. I still have to go pick it up.

treehugger.gif ~*~ caffix.gif ~*~ fambedsingle1.gif ~*~ babyboy.gif(02/12)~*~ reading.gif ~*~ ribbonorange.gif ~*~lurk.gif~*~ OCD ~*~ asl.gif

Single mom, 20 years old, Hippie& Happy, Love To Cook

#814 of 819 Old Today, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyxxmcfly View Post
Hey mommas, I have a question for everyone that gets state help. What do you do when they dont process your paperwork and everything gets cancelled? I submitted everything the day they asked for it and now 11 business days after I received a letter saying I didnt provide the papers so it's all getting cancelled. I called the help line and they said that I should hear from someone within three business days.... I cant work until I have childcare assistance and no work means no pay or even worse my job being taken. No only did I lose my childcare but my FS and health insurance are cancelled as of 08/01. This is the end of my 3rd week without childcare and I'm really struggling to stay any where near positive. *sigh*
I'm sorry you are going through this. For me I was denied a handful of times because of the same reason, they never received my paperwork when I did turn it in. For my state California I just had to reapply. It was a pain in the butt, but whenever I got that denial letter I went to the office and reapplied again. Hopefully it is a lot easier for you and they can sort everything out.
#815 of 819 Old Today, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyxxmcfly View Post
I don't mind waiting, I'm just not sure if I should use the gas to go out there. I just got paid today and it's either spend some and go out there but risk not being able to cover the cost of dc without aid or just save it all to use for dc. Without aid, the full week of dc is around $260 for my ds. I'm not even sure how much my paycheck is. I still have to go pick it up.
Have you tired looking around for a less expensive daycare? Before I got on dc aid (not state aid) I was paying $130 a week for my ds.
#816 of 819 Old Today, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
After three very long phone calls, I've been told I have to wait for them to contact me. But on the upside my mom has offered to pay half of one week for dc so I just have to put in the other half. After all this fuss, I'm not even sure how much my paycheck is.

treehugger.gif ~*~ caffix.gif ~*~ fambedsingle1.gif ~*~ babyboy.gif(02/12)~*~ reading.gif ~*~ ribbonorange.gif ~*~lurk.gif~*~ OCD ~*~ asl.gif

Single mom, 20 years old, Hippie& Happy, Love To Cook

#817 of 819 Old Today, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
When i do my recerification for fs/medical etc i physically go into the office and sit there (all day long) and meet with a person. ive learned the hard way a phone interview or fax/mail gets screwed up and cancelled. in person and a wasted day is so much better cuz it gets approved right then and there.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#818 of 819 Old Today, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I used to do that too zebra.

Ran a couple errands with hubby today while kiddos were at my parents. Got school supplies for the kiddos. I have plans for a few more things but overall I think I will have spent around eighty bucks on both kids. Not too shabby considering Im including refilling printer ink, a membership to an online homeschooling curriculum and a ten dollar workbook. Im sure I will have to refill the printer again and I know I have a few items I will buy later for science experiments but Im happy.

Gratefuls- I was able to repaint my chalkboard table today with a borrowed paintbrush
Popcorn popper from freecycle!
While the pantry isnt overflowing we still have plenty
Hubby working overtime
#819 of 819 Old Today, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Gratefuls:

We got our WIC farmers market coupons this week!

There is an urban farm sort of near us that runs a CSA type program just for people on food stamps-- you pay by the month and pick up weekly-- and it has been awesome. Especially since I figured out how to make corn on the cob in the microwave.

And I'm thankful that I live someplace with pretty good public transit. Our lives would definitely be easier if we had a car (especially when it comes to dragging the laundry a half mile to the laundromat) but we definitely cannot afford one right now.

I just turned in my pay stubs and other documents to the welfare office this week. I have a midwife appointment in a couple of weeks and I hope they can figure out a way to work with me-- I seriously doubt the state will have processed my Medicaid application by then.

Next stop: the gas bill...

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page