2014 Low Income Support Thread - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

#841 of 852 Old 07-29-2014, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Forgot my ups and downs. Good-we got coupons from jcpenney. Hopefully hubby can use them for new shirts. Bad-thought I had more amazon credit than I do. I was going to be able to get printer ink free with points but it turned out it would only really be half price. I think Im going to let my points keep growing and just buy it at wm. I considered refurbished but keep hearing about how its not good for coupons which I like to print regularly.
#842 of 852 Old 07-29-2014, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Happyhats - I don't know about your printer, but I use refurb inks in mine to print coupons & have no issues. Just make sure it's not set to draft or fast. I buy the office depot ones normally - if you watch they run good sales a couple of times a year. I also check for inks at thrift shops - our GW sells them for $2 and I've yet to get a bad one.

Still chugging along here. Still trying to get this electric bill paid. Gotta call another place tomorrow & hopefully they can pay $75 of it. I have it down to $96, so if they will pay $75 I can come up with the rest if I take a load of books to half price to sell I think.

Gearing up for back to school - getting everything together & making sure I have it all. Figured out a way to get dd a student ID without paying a ton for it - Office Depot will print it on heavy cardstock for $1, and then I will laminate with some laminating pouches I found for $2 at Walmart. Won't be as nice as the free one we had last year, but that company isn't doing the free ID's this year. Now I just need to save up for her bus pass - $35, but will take a load off since it covers from August thru December.
#843 of 852 Old 07-29-2014, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
We have to do the school supply count over here and see what we need too. Dh has left us again and it's pretty quiet around here tonight. I'm hoping we all get to sleep before long. Tomorrow we will be sitting around cleaning and hopefully decluttering. I need that sleep first so I can have some energy! Hoping for a few days of not spending money while I wait on dh's paycheck and getting the budget sorted out.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#844 of 852 Old 07-30-2014, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post
Where did you find THAT?! Please tell!

That really sucks about the ticket though. City rules can be crazy!
http://www.uline.com/BL_8192/Canning...s=mason%20jars
Be aware that a minimum order is 12 cases (1 doz/case) per size. So it's about a $20-30 minimum order. If you can split it up among a few people, that might work best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
today was a good day. an expensive day but a good day. i finally feel like someone understands me.
That understanding, it is so vital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post
We have to do the school supply count over here and see what we need too.
Hoping for a few days of not spending money while I wait on dh's paycheck and getting the budget sorted out.
School supplies... Gah! Didn't school just get out for the summer?!?
I just budgeted out until the end of February (yes, I do budget out that far and tweak as we go). We can pay bills until then, but there are tight spaces.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#845 of 852 Old 07-30-2014, 04:20 PM

Checking in - net got cut this morning so I am at the library. The kindle I bought used a couple of months ago fell this afternoon & the screen shattered I swear I just can't win lately.

Agency I called today for electric bill help never called me back. Going to try calling them again tomorrow, and if that doesn't work I know a place that is open Friday that might help but they will only pay the last $60. Thinking I'm probably going to have to call on Friday & get another extension if I can.

Gratefuls:

~Plenty of food in the house
~bus drivers have been letting us ride free mostly
~sold a used Sonlight IG on ebay this afternoon - will go towards bills as soon as they pay.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#846 of 852 Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can I weart tie-dye to an interview?

I have a pretty fabulous interview tomorrow, for a state level policy-making job in my field - children's mental health. I would pretty much sell my soul for this job, but...

My best looking outfit is a charcoal pant suit that looks really great with a black and blue silk tie-dye t-shirt. If I wear that, I have the perfect accessories. It is really quite elegant. But this job is at the state capitol; a very conservative environment. I have an OK rose colored blouse that would be more, well, understated. I would probably wear pearls with that - demure. For anyone that knows me, it is hardly my natural style! I am happy to save the tie-dye for after I am hired - I don't need this opportunity to express my individuality, but I know I look great in that outfit. And self-confident.

WWYD?

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

#847 of 852 Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM

Mamarhu - I love tie-dye too, but I would probably pick the more conservative outfit. Just to be on the safe side.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#848 of 852 Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I really would not wear it but my image of that shirt maybe off as I can not imagine tie die not being loud/bright-can you link something similar for a better opinion?
#849 of 852 Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Id probably go rose as well, also because of it being more tshirt cut. I hope it works out!

Awesome deal on the jars! I havent gotten into canning yet but I could use these for pantry and freezer storage and pretty jar gifts. Hmmmm. I think I will see how successful/expensive yardsaling is tomorrow and ask my sister if shed like to split some.

Did about half of the grocery shopping today. Didnt do toooo badly. Ive got a chicken in my crockpot for dinner and to shred. I schucked about sixty ears of corn yesterday and now my chest freezer is overflowing with the stuff-theres a big grateful.
#850 of 852 Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Id go with the boring plain shirt for the interview.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#851 of 852 Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
@Wolfcat Yep! School just got out and it's already that time again. I also budget out for 6 months at a time to make sure we'll stay on track with short and longer term goals.
@mamarhu I'd probably do the rose as well. It's calmer and more conservative which could make a difference in the interview.
@frugalmama I hope something gets figured out soon with the light bill. That's great about the bus driver letting you ride free though!
@happyhats Chicken in the crockpot and an overflowing freezer sounds awesome!

Not much new here. Just cooking our way through the pantry right now and lots of cleaning and decluttering. We're planning a camping trip when dh comes back in so I want to be ready before he gets home. Lots to do before then though.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#852 of 852 Old Today, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The rose one sounds like a better choice, but I really want to see a picture of your tie-dye shirt. The idea that tie-dye looks good with a conservative suit sounds really interesting!

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page