2014 Low Income Support Thread - Page 31 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

#901 of 913 Old 08-16-2014, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey mama's, I really need some hugs. My kitty passed away last night for unknown reasons and I'm just so upset. He was only 7yrs old and he acted more human than feline. I miss him so much, I was holding him on the way to the vet er when he passed.

treehugger.gif ~*~ caffix.gif ~*~ fambedsingle1.gif ~*~ babyboy.gif(02/12)~*~ reading.gif ~*~ ribbonorange.gif ~*~lurk.gif~*~ OCD ~*~ asl.gif

Single mom, 20 years old, Hippie& Happy, Love To Cook

#902 of 913 Old 08-16-2014, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Im sorry heyxxmcfly, thats always rough. Big hugs.

Having a lazy, rainy saturday. Had a fun night at childrens museum last night and tonight just relaxing with a movie. Used amazon points Id had saved for a huge dvd booklet so I could organize our massive movie collection so geeked out on that. Hubby won a very nice stand up cooler!

In other news Im going to up our grocery budget around sixty dollars. This will give us the ability to buy some convience/fun foods for the weekend plus buy hubbys lunch stuff. In the end this will save us money.
#903 of 913 Old 08-17-2014, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was having problems getting motivated this last week, then on Wednesday I got sick to my stomach and on Thursday I totally gave up on housework, cleaning, cooking, all of it. That is totally unlike me. I had started getting a rash on Wednesday and it kept spreading. I went to work Friday morning and noticed that the rash had spread to my hands, which never happens, so I told hubby he needed to stay home from work so I could get to the doctor. He agreed (yay for him having sick time now).

Doctor says I have West Nile. I've been sleeping and laying about all weekend and just now getting my energy back. I'm at the point where I would like to take off running again but I just don't have the physical energy yet. So, slow and steady. Of course, I didn't work the farmer's market this weekend, which could have been very profitable, but them's the breaks.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#904 of 913 Old 08-17-2014, 07:12 PM

Woah, Wolfcat! Thats nothing to mess with, take it easy!
#905 of 913 Old 08-18-2014, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
West Nile? Holy crap! That's my worst fear. We get chewed up every year because we spend a lot of time at the water and in the woods and I am always in fear of West Nile, eee, and Lyme. Stay safe Wolfcat. We love you.

Had a great weekend. The wedding was a blast. We partied until 2 and picked up the kids at 8 so we didn't bother sleeping. Needless to say I had to keep busy yesterday so I didn't fall asleep. We did some bike riding and visiting with my family who is in town and then hada birthday party for their 4 year old cousin. Today might be low key. Lol. School starts in just over a week and I test for my state boards on Thursday so we'll be busy anyway.
#906 of 913 Old 08-18-2014, 11:45 AM

McFly I'm so sorry for your loss.

Wolfcat, take care, that's serious business.

I've been away for a while now, plugging along. Finally put in an application at the income based housing apartments. We're number 1 on the wait list for a 3 bedroom.. She said we can possibly move in by the end of the month! One more step toward independence.

I'm having to put my kids in public school. It's a nightmare already with my autistic child and school hasn't even started.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#907 of 913 Old 08-18-2014, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Mamabear - *hugs* Hope you are able to get into the apt soon & that things calm down with the school.

Justmama - good luck on your state boards!

Wolfcat - WOAH. West Nile is serious. I worry about it {and the newer one going around - chickamunga I think} every summer since we have the windows open all the time due to no a/c. Hope you recover quickly.

mcFly {love that name, BTW} - So sorry about your kitty.

Zebra - HUGS. Thinking of you.

Check finally showed up late Saturday, and was able to cash it today. YAY. Not a lot of $$, but it helps. Went to the thrift today & found the handwriting book I needed for DD for next year for .50, along with a bunch of other books. Going to try tomorrow to turn the rest into sweaters to sell.

Going to try a aid place when we're in downtown tomorrow I think - dd's shoes are falling apart. I was hoping they would make the summer {they were a used pair scored at a blessings bash} but they are giving up Going to try to find the hot glue gun tonight & do a temp fix, but she needs new shoes big time.

Gratefuls:

~ bus drivers have been letting us ride free most of the time.
~ I've been picking up better than free items at the grocery lately. Lots of clearance items with coupons for more than the clearance price - so I get some extra to pay for non-food items, including the earbuds I am using to listen to youtube at the library.
~ Dragonflies {and I think maybe bats too - I think I've seen a few at dusk} have greatly cut down our mosquito population.
~ Saw a program on PBS night before last with wonderful powwow music. Just made me want to get up & dance and my spirit feel wonderfully calm & stress-free. Need to make a bigger effort to get back into the local powwow events.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#908 of 913 Old 08-18-2014, 03:54 PM

Tomorrow Im getting up early to grocery shop the mystery sale with my dad. A mom and pop store do it a couple times a year where there are great discounts but you dont know the prices until you go in. And then sometime this weekend we get to go apple picking! They are galas so not quite as hardy as the apples we will pick in a few months but I will still get 1/2 a bushel at least.

"Homeschooling" is trudging along. We just finished puzzles on rhyming and simple addition. We will be watching a nature documentary later. I still need ink so we are just doing fun stuff around the house for the most part but heck school usually didnt even begin until the end of the month. Apple picking will be combined with a trip to the library and I already have a few more field trip ideas in the works.
#909 of 913 Old 08-20-2014, 06:46 PM

Quiet around here!

The mystery sale was pretty successful. Dozen eggs for 1.05, bacon just over two dollars, keebler cookies a dollar a pack (I dont usually buy storebought cookies but I figure saves me from baking a while lol) and themed fruit snacks at a dollar a box I put back for birthday/Christmas. Fruit snacks only happen at grandma and grandpas usually and themed ones never happen lol. I alsi picked up russet and red potatoes.

Just made tomato bacob jam. I had a can of whole peeled tomatoes sitting aroynd and a few cherry tomatoes going soft. I will probably use some as a substitute for tomato sauce and make a french bread pizza. I also heard its good on grilled cheese.

Everyones just been out of sorts here this week. Im beating back anxiety and my allergies are going crazy. Kids are at each others throats and generally defiant over everything (no, mom, the sky is NOT blue!!). Major heat wave. Im ready for fall.
#910 of 913 Old 08-20-2014, 07:04 PM

my middle one has hand foot and mouth. Any helpful hints? Home remedies? We might hit the doctor tomorrow after my test but we were exposed for certain on Sunday when they played with their cousin. And she's had a really bad headache all day and she's got a 101 fever and a few blisters in her mouth. Motrin isn't even bringing down her fever or the pain in her fever. She's crying from pain. all she's done is sleep and cry. We've done Popsicles ans motrin ans ice packs for her head so far.
#911 of 913 Old 08-20-2014, 07:54 PM

Justmama, DS does really well when we alternate Tylenol with motrin. Since Tylenol lasts less time we usually try to just switch back and forth when the "due" time comes. Something about how they affect the body seems to kick a fever pretty well. Maybe try putting her in the cool shower? You could make it a game or a "swimming" adventure
I hope she feels better.

treehugger.gif ~*~ caffix.gif ~*~ fambedsingle1.gif ~*~ babyboy.gif(02/12)~*~ reading.gif ~*~ ribbonorange.gif ~*~lurk.gif~*~ OCD ~*~ asl.gif

Single mom, 20 years old, Hippie& Happy, Love To Cook

#912 of 913 Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM

Thanks mcfly. Doctor confirmed both my little girls have it today. BUT the good news is. ..... I passed my boards. I'm officially a CNA now. Now I just have to continue looking for a job. But now that the test is done, a huge weight lifted. I'm looking forward to getting a real job.

So I'm struggling right now with finances. Of course it's never EASY, especially without a job, but I just get frustrated from time to time. We are really low on food so I'll have to get fresh stuff whenever the girls are well enough and hopefully get an appt for the pantry next week while they are in school. I hate bringing them. It's just frustrating because I had hoped to be in a better financial spot by now. Just have to keep the faith I guess.
#913 of 913 Old Today, 01:52 PM

Im rooting for you, justmama. Not much going on here. Plans for the apple orchard tomorrow. Have to sit down with hubby and do the dreadd budget. On the plus side corn stock is simmering in the crockpot and tomato bacon jam awaits dinner!

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page