2014 Low Income Support Thread - Page 36 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 53Likes

#1051 of 1057 Old 09-26-2014, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ugh. I got my paycheck yesterday which is good of course but most of it will go to bills as I only got half a pay check because they are still doing adjustments from when I worked part time when my daughter could only go half days at preschool. Next month will be a full one though! The weather is getting colder and my daughter does not have any good winter shoes (we have one pair that is OK but they are almost outgrown and there is no chance at all that they will last until the end of winter so we have no choice but to get at least one pair. I have some bids on an auction site for good used children's shoes but since I cannot go very high it might be hard to get the ones I want. As the winters are long and cold here in northern Sweden I really need to try to get her a quality pair. Her preschool is outdoors 1-2 times a day regardless of weather so she needs good shoes.
#1052 of 1057 Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Checking in from the library again. Seems to be quiet on this thread the past couple of days - hope everyone is okay. Things are okay here - working on stuff, but we are doing okay.

Gratefuls:

~Was finally able to sign up for the low cost internet through EveryoneOn.Org, and should soon have net at home again for $10 a month.
~Went to the local homeschool blessings bash and was hugely blessed - clothing for my daughter, thermal curtains for a couple of my windows and then my daughter found an American Girl doll which really made her day. Needed a bit of work but she is thrilled.
~Everything is paid
~Was able to restock our medicine cabinet thanks to some great coupon deals.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#1053 of 1057 Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
frugalmama - How does that internet work? I've never heard of anything like that. I looked but didn't really understand the site.

justmama - You're right they shouldn't be allowed to withhold the first check from new employees. That's just stupid. I don't think it's right your baby has to change meds either because of the stupid state insurance. Ugh! I hope she gets to feeling better quickly.

I'll try to read through and respond to more individual posts later. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I don't know what happened but I've been more down lately. I'm working on it though and hoping I'll be out of this slump soon. I'll be thinking of y'all and hoping things improve for everyone quickly!

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#1054 of 1057 Old Today, 02:06 AM

Got the shoes for my daughter for about 40 dollars, they cost 110 new so much cheaper but not cheap. Now I hope I do not need to buy anymore clothes as I have already used over 400 dollars from our savings this months for a number of reasons. Next paycheck some will go back thankfully.
#1055 of 1057 Old Today, 04:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Elliha, i know llbean has excellent quality winter boots rated to quite low temperatures. They are huge so they must ship internationally. Not everything is cheap but I'm telling you, I've found amazing deals there just watching the sales weekly. And they have lifetime guarantees on their products so they are worth their weight in gold.
#1056 of 1057 Old Today, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
Elliha, i know llbean has excellent quality winter boots rated to quite low temperatures. They are huge so they must ship internationally. Not everything is cheap but I'm telling you, I've found amazing deals there just watching the sales weekly. And they have lifetime guarantees on their products so they are worth their weight in gold.
Thank you! I have never heard of them so I will definitely check them out.
#1057 of 1057 Old Today, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hey everyone. Its been a busy weekend, and on top of it Ive got a yucky sinus thing. Hubbys birthday was yesterday so he took the day off and we putzed around. All around nice day. Today Im catching up on housekeeping, and my motto is "salvage" lol. My daughter got a mystery stain on a new dress so its soaking and if that doesnt work its getting tie dyed lol. I had random small amounts of pumpkin puree and homemade applesauce in my fridge so I threw that in the crockpot with spices and a touch of sugar for homemade apple pumpkin butter lol.

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page