2014 Low Income Support Thread - Page 45 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 72Likes

#1321 of 1323 Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We all got a stomage bug so no friends over (The big day of Christmas is Christmas Eve here in Sweden) but thankfully we were in good enough condition to eat some food I prepared a couple of days before the bug today and our daughter loved the presents she got. I did buy a quite expensive doll pram which felt like an excess at the time but she loved it so now it feels like it was worth it.

There will be no church tomorrow but perhaps I will feel well enough to sneak out to the shops tomorrow to get the things that we have run out of. I will prepare the Christmas ham (the ham we were supposed to have today) tomorrow or the day after. Despite our problems it was a very nice day today.

I got a slowcooker from my husband which I have been dying to have to be able to prepare meals and come home from work with supper ready. I will just see how much I like it now that I got it. He got a subscription to a magazine which he was very happy about too. We rarely get to buy magazines and this is a specialized car magazine which he always picks up but ends up not buying to cut the costs so I am very glad to be able to give him something like that. I found the subscription online for a reduced price which is the reason I could buy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1322 of 1323 Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Christmas Eve- presents are wrapped, under the tree. Kiddo is plugging along, slow but still going.

2014 is ending on a bad note. le sigh.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#1323 of 1323 Old Today, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Merry Christmas everyone! Making Christmas dinner here - turkey with the fixings & chess pie for dessert.

Doing okay here. Things are tight, but we are okay and that is what matters. Hopefully 2015 will be better.

Me, 30 single mama to T age 8 We and Love it!

Tags
Frugality , Finances

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page